Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 9:22 AM

Dec 2021
I really can't tell who's more dense between these two idiots, Ryuuji for thinking that Makoto figured out the fact that he likes him, or Makoto for thinking that Ryuuji likes Aoi... I really can't. I can see why these two are friends. Dense people aside, someone with an actual brain is Makoto's dad. Compared to his shitty ass mom, he's such a great, kind, and caring father.

A more Ryuuji and Aoi focused episode this time around. We don't get much Makoto this episode. I'm glad they're at the very least developing the side characters or other main characters whatever you want to call these two. We get a school festival episode along with it. Which ofc, has to have the classic maid cafe. To which btw, in terms of maid cafe, Ryuuji in a mid outfit was the highlight of the episode. I mean, JUST LOOK AT HIM.

But that boy Ryuuji done got CAUGHT IN 4K... It's so owari....

Aug 15, 9:58 AM

Feb 2019
So glad my beautiful twink bf is back this week I missed Makoto sm last week. They delivered an absolute banger as well wow so much good stuff here. Amazing depiction of someone coming to terms with their sexual identity and gender.

First of all Ryuji and Makoto misunderstanding about Ryuji’s crush is hilarious. Poor Makoto thinks they’re being a good wingman with Ryuji and Aoi but all he wants is you, silly!

“What would you do if I wanted to be a girl” I LOVE LOVE LOVE. The conversation between Makoto and their dad in the car, started tearing up a bit. The dad doesn’t miss a beat, doesn’t get upset or anything just pure understanding and love for his child and the desire to see Makoto happy no matter what gender it is. It’s so beautiful to see a moment like that in anime. I just wish they could get Makoto mom onboard too. Normally mothers are the more nurturing and understanding ones..

I loved Aoi and Makoto basketball club conversation too which served as a double entendre for Makoto’s gender situation too. If you’re not sure about being either one, you don’t have to be! You just have to be true to yourself and live your life the way you want to. On the literal side of things, the basketball club captain being so understanding of Makoto not wanting to fully commit to the team is so sweet. Where tf can a hs like this be found because normally kids this age are so judgemental lol

The school festival planning and start went great! Makoto and the others in their maid outfits are so cute, but that ending 😭 They’ve been building up Ryuji finally confessing but man I didn’t expect it to happen like this. I wonder how he’ll explain the picture of Makoto he keeps, if they’ll brush it off or if he’ll finally have to come face to face with his feelings. Need that next ep badly
Marinate1016Aug 15, 12:07 PM
Aug 15, 10:27 AM

Feb 2011
random unnecessary drama and best girl removed herself from the running

3/5

Aug 15, 12:49 PM
Jul 2021
Makoto's dad best character in the anime. Period.
Aug 15, 1:24 PM
Dec 2023
I wish the whole "you don't have to choose" motif would stretch to include Makoto not having to choose between Aoi and Ryuuji ಥ‿ಥ
Aug 15, 5:16 PM

Sep 2018
zzzz low effort anime, will be a good day when it's finally over. Get rid of these eyeless freaks as well.
Aug 15, 5:56 PM

Jan 2022
Not too eventful and a whole lotta time was skipped. Most of the problems would've been resolved if everyone just communicated lol why did Ryuji reach out to Aoi to see why she disappeared? I guess that would be too logical. What annoyed me was that Makoto still failed to realize that Ryuji liked him. He went over to tell Ryuji that he could like Aoi and just dips before Ryuji could say anything.

So now that Ryuji's picture of Makoto has come to light he needs to confess, right? They're not going to drag this one for longer, right??

Major shoutout to the dad for being the best dad known in anime history. If only more people were like that irl.
This never updates so that's cool
Aug 15, 8:09 PM

Dec 2016
Shit that cliffhanger! How do they expect me to wait a whole week...(◉⁠⌓⁠◉⁠)
Aug 15, 8:12 PM

Sep 2021
Makoto's father is such a bro. One of the best dads in anime.

Kinda expected Ryuji's class to be doing cross-dressing cafe but I thought it would be boys in maid costume and girls in butler costume rather than just doing it to the boys.
Aug 15, 8:29 PM

Dec 2019
Everyone in this anime is far too gay, like, this is not statistically possible. This is like the average Redditor's fantasy world.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Aug 15, 9:05 PM

Feb 2015
Unfathomably based dad

So... genderfluid/10?

And holy damn that cliffhanger ending
Aug 15, 10:13 PM

Apr 2015
Bro Makoto is so dense, though tbh I can't blame him for coming to the conclusion that he did. Poor Ryuuji....Makoto's father is so supportive, it's nice to see. The basketball dude is cool as well. I really like how all three characters had different thoughts while watching the same drama. Maid Ryuuji is super adorable, though I saw him having to crossdress as a maid coming from a mile away lol. But damn, that cliffhanger?!?! Seems like Ryuuji basically has no choice but to confess, dunno how he's gonna spin his way out of this one.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Aug 15, 10:28 PM

Oct 2019
Its so refreshing seeing an anime be so open, healthy and sweet when it comes to characters figuring out their gender identity and such! The scene with Makoto and their dad in the car, as well as Aoi and Makoto's conversation about how you dont have to choose one or the other were the highlights. Really makes those two such likeable and supportive characters! Aoi is baby

This part with Makoto misunderstanding the person Ryuji loves to be Aoi is kinda frustrating. ;/ Its nothing new to romance anime but the scene where Ryuji is about to confess to Makoto and then they abruptly cut it off with "I'm rooting for you!" is just like ughhhhh. That kinda thing where the characters are overly dense feels like padding instead of what would happen naturally in that scenario. Its ultimately not a huge deal, but its a thing that always annoys me with romance anime -.-

The ending cliffhanger oooooooooooooo I wanted to see more! There is no way Makoto has a super negative reaction to learning Ryuji's feelings right? They've been through that rejection of their feelings. At worse I think they'd just be surprised and wouldn't reciprocate. It does seem to me that Makoto has kinda caught feelings for Aoi even after everything. Im hopeful the next episode will have some great character development

Im really enjoying this anime! Looking forward to more ;3
Cute, fat, chubby, gay, queer, glasses wearing, nerdy, introverted, weird, kinda fucked up in a cute anime girl way, squishy, soft, fucking gay, silly anime girls my beloved
I love cute girls and philosophical shit ;D
Aug 15, 11:02 PM

Apr 2013
A few weeks back some were mentioning how there was too much stills and way too much cutting to the chibi art style... I didn't feel that UNTIL this ep. Felt like the majority of it was just that, when its likely half the ep was that. Thats too much. There was also too many scenes where they cut to silence while showing some quick scenes to show this is whats happening (Such as the maid cafe and Makoto working) and you know this was likely down to save on everything and make the work load easier, likely do to what i suspect problems in production. There were plenty of points I would've loved to see properly animated. :( I hope this isn't a sign of the studio having problems... I also hope any other anime they make going forward doesn't have this problem as while I haven't seen but a few of theirs that they've made, the ones I have seen I don't recall having this issue... Hopefully the staff are ok and get this sorted going forward.
--Kaori--Aug 15, 11:06 PM
Aug 15, 11:44 PM
Nov 2018
Is his dad a really nice guy? He could of just accepted a son that just likes cute things, without suggesting a gender swap. In a way he's still denying his son.
MoppitAug 16, 12:01 AM
Aug 16, 12:45 AM

Mar 2008
Makoto's dad is so chill.

I am not sure who I should feel sorry for more Ryuji or Aoi.
Aug 16, 2:04 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
Aug 16, 2:16 AM
Oct 2019
W Makoto Father!! Wow

I fcking knew it as soon as i saw Ryuuji and the others boys reaction to the drawing, i knew it's gonna be Cross Dressing Maid Cafe LMAO

OMG bro got caught in 4K
What a cliffhanger 😱
Aug 16, 3:54 AM
Jun 2021
The maid stuff was so funny tho idk what will happen next after that photo was seen
Aug 16, 4:01 AM

Jun 2023
It’s Makotover.

Makoto’s dad is a real G
Aug 16, 4:04 AM
Jun 2019
Ooof, a time saving episode it seems. Lots of still images and chibi animation. If it’s going to be like that, it’s better to read the manga (which is entirely in colors, btw). I hope this is to make better animated episodes down the line!

Otherwise, wow, Makoto’s father is a real one. Definitely would have been nicer to hear something like that coming from my family, rather than what I had to hear.

I expected the episode to end on that cliffhanger.
Aug 16, 6:23 AM

Jul 2023
Halfway and our shishou wanted to confess. The episode ended with pictures, but it's too early. Makoto is too naive to even think that Ryuuji likes him.
Aug 16, 7:23 AM
Jan 2021
Spectaculaire! I have always missed these parts, but wow, what the anime.
Aug 16, 7:26 AM
Aug 2022
Kinda surprised this show don’t have the BL tag considering it’s a pretty big part of the show. I think this might be the first show I’ve watched with BL as a main topic.

I don’t really count vampire dormitory because the mc was just a girl in disguise. I guess lycoris recoil counts though but that wasn’t really a main part of the show.

I just had some weird feeling this episode that it would lead to some form of a confession or Makoto realising Ryuuji likes him. But dam I wasn’t expecting him to see the photo Ryuuji keeps.

Hyped for next ep
Aug 16, 7:58 AM
Nov 2023
extremely boring awkward conversations fro the entire episode, only at the end that something spicy happens.
Aug 16, 12:10 PM
Jul 2024
❤️ Makoto's Dad, we all need supportive parents like this. I do appreciate everyone being so open, seems his mom is the only negative so far. It's nice to see but this kind of high school definitely doesn't exist.

I'm surprised no one has brought up being non binary, he doesn't have to choose to be one or the other. I was expecting that cliffhanger, you could tell something was going to happen the whole episode.

Is Makoto starting to feel something for Aoi? Makoto could be missing Aoi around tho.
Aug 16, 12:34 PM
Sep 2023
Why a cliffhanger at the end? Have to wait for a week now😩
Aug 16, 1:07 PM
Dec 2017
Studio literally put a "bearded woman" into this anime Eurovision 2014 song festival / Paris Olympics 2024 opening show style. How much did George Soros pay them? It's where this story ends for any decent viewer.
Aug 16, 3:17 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to Moppit
Is his dad a really nice guy? He could of just accepted a son that just likes cute things, without suggesting a gender swap. In a way he's still denying his son.
@Moppit

Or maybe he didn't consider it? Pardon his unawareness. It's clear that he's a supportive father who prioritizes his sons happiness. It's the thought that he will roll with Makoto no matter what that counts.

Nice episode again. Ryuuji won't get out of this one lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 16, 3:46 PM

Aug 2019
that cliffhanger had me upset now I have to wait to see how Makoto will react, even though I imagine with how clueless he is towards Ryuuji’s feelings he might not even think of it as a big deal lol
Aug 16, 8:53 PM
Sep 2008
Reply to Moppit
@Moppit
his dad is amazing! you missed the point if u think he suggjesting a gender swap... he was asking a question thats very important.. he can live as a girl without changing his gender becuz he feels more comfortable wearing girls clothes. its very different from transitioning.
HE DEFINITLY NOT DENYING HIS SON, hes always supporting of him... he even got him to a school where he can be his self without being bullied by anyone, not his peers and not his mother.
AS HE SAID "I WILL DO WHATEVER TO PRIORITIZE YOUR HAPPINESS" how the heck did u taken "still denying his son" from that?? he never denyied him, he went with all of makoto's decisions throughout his life.
plus makoto consider himself male and a he.. for now all we know is that he likes female clothes and cute things.
and as his dad said, he is in a difficult postion becuz he loves his wife and dont want her to get mental breakdown but he still will do whatever will make his son happy regadless
Aug 16, 11:59 PM
Oct 2022
I was so sure Ryuuji likes Aoi Saki very much. He should confess his feelings to her until it’s not too late.

The upcoming cultural festival was a success. Every class brought up their own ideas and it turned out to be amazing. On the other hand, Ryuuji and Makoto had the chance to talk to each other a little more.

I love the opening theme so much, it’s just insane and totally matches with the anime. We will get to see 6 more episode and it’s done, I hope this anime will continue after that.
Aug 17, 12:04 AM

Jun 2008
The chibi style animation is getting too much.
Many scenes I would have loved to see fully animated.
Aug 17, 8:35 AM
Nov 2018
@FMmatron @narutosister I'll admit that is one type of support, and Makoto's dad is looking out for him by giving him that option. I don't think it was what Makoto was looking for. He wanted someone to say it's okay to be who is even if his interests are different. In a way, he indirectly said it's not okay to have those types of hobbies as a guy, but if he becomes a girl, it's fine.So, in a way, he was being insensitive even if at the time that wasn't his intentions in being so.
Aug 17, 10:55 AM

Feb 2011
rough ending. I just all of them to be happy :(

Aug 17, 11:53 AM

Nov 2016
@Moppit

Makoto has to come up with an answer himself. His dad is there to support him. Implying it was insensitive just because he didn't have "perfect answer" from your pov, when he's doing his best in this complicated situation is kinda twisted. At least it's not healthy way to look at it imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 17, 11:57 AM

Oct 2019
Omfg noooo the cliffhanger...... It's so over for Ryuuji, I'm not emotionally prepared to see him get rejected :( If only they could all be happy together...

Makoto's dad is a real one wow, love to see an anime where the father is the supportive and accepting one of two parents.
Aug 17, 7:50 PM

Mar 2013
I'd like to award Aoi with a prize. I think this may be one of the first times I've ever watched a main character actively downgrade themselves to a side character. It's fascinating, really!

(I imagine this is temporary, but in the moment it feels so wrong)
Aug 18, 12:10 AM

Feb 2020
Another episode of makoto's father being an absolute supportive king 👑 ngh, that cliffhanger tho 😭😭😭
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 6:40 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to bvtxrj
I wish the whole "you don't have to choose" motif would stretch to include Makoto not having to choose between Aoi and Ryuuji ಥ‿ಥ
bvtxrj said:

I know right? Anime is so obsessed with love triangle and harems, but always has to end with a choice being made.

(Shout-out to Iron Blooded Orphans and Farming in Another World for working polycules!)
Aug 18, 5:27 PM

Apr 2008
I hate the whole love triangle trope especially when I like all the characters, it stresses me out the entire anime and I always feel bad for the characters who get rejected. 😭
Aug 19, 4:41 PM
Jan 2020
The cliffhanger got me going crazy
Aug 19, 7:07 PM
Mar 2015
Senpai makes a good maid His childhood friend 's feeling for him were revealed
Aug 21, 11:48 AM
Apr 2019
Reply to Tacsk0
Studio literally put a "bearded woman" into this anime Eurovision 2014 song festival / Paris Olympics 2024 opening show style. How much did George Soros pay them? It's where this story ends for any decent viewer.
@Tacsk0 So let me get this straight, you're a fan of yuri anime (judging from your list) but draw the line at trans people?
Grow up ffs
Aug 22, 2:56 AM

May 2009
Reply to LoLeo
@Tacsk0 So let me get this straight, you're a fan of yuri anime (judging from your list) but draw the line at trans people?
Grow up ffs
@LoLeo What's wrong with it?
Aug 22, 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
Ryuji getting better...but still seeing Makoto as a potential partner, he's literally getting dunked with misunderstanding that Makoto thinks that he's in love with Aoi, even if it's a dream...that's so hilariously dead lols. Even Aoi feels the same, that Ryuji has to force the truth out with the former knowing his real intent. The career planning definitely is a pivotal moment for both Makoto and Ryuji, though the former's father still remembers his own son's intent to keep becoming a girl. But still, he needs to decide for himself, as such with being invited to the basketball club, and Aoi thankfully leads the path for him.

Makoto deciding to join the basketball club for the time is good, and other than Aoi's time to confess, it's Ryuji being conflicted at how he's going to confess to Makoto. The trio having to watch corny romance shows, each one of them tells a lot about their character, especially Aoi, who loves on a basic level. The upcoming cultural festival prep has everyone in high spirits, as Makoto and Aoi are their usual selves...and Ryuji being a cross-dressing maid just spites himself, though the last-minute stand-in being Makoto is the perfect cross-dressing character.

But welp...having to be found out that Ryuji's been keeping pictures of Makoto, how will both boys handle the truth before their very eyes?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 29

36 by jsooka »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

60 by jsooka »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 18

130 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

108 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 4

160 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.