Forum Settings
Forums

Now that MHA is over, would you put it in your top 10 shonen of all time?

New
6 hours ago

May 2024
I think it’s a good show with plenty of strong points. From the soundtrack to the epic fights and villains. Mha nails the classic shonen vibe to perfection. Seasons 1 to 3 were absolutely amazing, unfortunately the series did not maintain that same level of excellence in later seasons.

Would I put it in my top 10? I dunno. The manga ending was sweet but it didn’t feel fulfilling. Also some scenes in the anime were complete flop and deserved better, especially for a series that popular and loved.

6 hours ago

Feb 2020
Not really. I think there are many shonen than MHA. But sure, it's only my opinion. :3
6 hours ago
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
while it's obvious what you're talking about, you should still specify that that you're referring to battle shounen, since the demographic contains a lot beyond just action and mha would never be in a top 10 if one would include every series that was ever featured in a shounen magazine and the like.

but to try and actually answer your question, i'll attempt to give 10 battle shounen series that i think are better than academia and if successful, i'd have to answer with a no.

these are in no particular order (nor do they necessarily represent what my actual top 10 would be, they just came to mind first):

hunter hunter
naruto
one piece
bleach
jojo
gintama
magi
FMA
attack on titan
demon slayer

to conclude, academia is not in my top 10 of the genre, but i do like it though.
6 hours ago
Apr 2024
It's the only shonen I love (like jjk, but not on the same level), while others weren't that interesting to me, it is a great series and I am waiting for season 7 to end/when I will have the power to watch it to catch up
6 hours ago

Sep 2016
Battle Shounen? Probably

All Shounen? No way
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
5 hours ago

Jul 2024
My honest reaction to this suggestion ..
5 hours ago

Jul 2020
I have a lot to say so bear with me...
While it does have some good themes and character development, I won't put it in top 10 shonen since we still haven't got a lot of character development from other characters. The ending is also as bland as it can get. There is still no implication that Uraraka and Deku are dating. If they didn't had feelings at the start people wouldn't have complained about it.
There SHOULD be a sequel to wrap up other character arcs. BIG MISTAKE to end the series while they were still in their first year wtf?? The war should've started when they were in their 3rd year or something. It would've been cool to see the characters doing actual hero work and title the sequel "My Hero Agency" or something but Hori doesn't have any plans to do sequels.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
5 hours ago

May 2024
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

It's not even top 100.
5 hours ago

Mar 2021
All_Knowing said:
Now that MHA is over, would you put it in your top 10 shonen of all time?

Probably not. I remember watching a few episodes when the 1st season aired but quickly lost interest due to so many other Anime titles that interested me way more during this time period.

Just to name a few... "KonoSuba", "Grimgar", "GATE", "Dagashi Kashi", "Re:ZERO", "Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto", "Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress", "And you thought there is never a girl online?", "The Asterisk War", "Hundred", "Joker Game", "Mob Psycho 100", "Food Wars!", "New Game!", "Alderamin on the Sky", "Drifters", "Keijo!!!!!!!!", "Izetta: The Last Witch", "Brave Witches", "ReLIFE", "Monster Musume", "The Seven Deadly Sins", "One Punch Man", "Chivalry of a Failed Knight", "Overlord", "Prison School", "Gangsta", "School-Live!", "Sky Wizards Academy", "Ore Monogatari!!", "DanMachi", "Death Parade", "Junketsu no Maria", "Cross Ange", etc...

When MHA 1st came out it just seemed like a generic Battle Shounen aimed to appeal your typical young teenager and at this point in my life don't have the interest to invest my time/money to watch over 150+ episodes of an Anime franchise for a series I have extremely limited interest in. There are far more Shounen Anime (almost countless to exaggerate) I find more appealing than MHA and none of them are in my top 10 favorites. lol
ColourWheel5 hours ago
5 hours ago

May 2019
-LOL NOPE, not even top 50 or top 100.
5 hours ago

Oct 2018
If there were only 10 battle shounen, Boku no Hero wouldn’t be among the top 10.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
4 hours ago

Apr 2022
at no point in my life have i ever even considered mha in my top 10.
4 hours ago

Jan 2016
This shouldn't be a conversation, I'm sorry
4 hours ago

Apr 2011
No because I dropped it halfway through season 4.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The One Piece—are you hyped about it? ( 1 2 )

All_Knowing - Yesterday

50 by Cammell »»
8 seconds ago

» Battle shounen being misunderstood on this website ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenzolo-folk - Aug 12

269 by logopolis »»
3 minutes ago

» Rick And Morty Anime?

simonitro - Jul 22, 2023

9 by JetBlackLink »»
3 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion

nirererin - 2 hours ago

16 by Shizuna »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you take notes while watching anime?

KMIR - Aug 14

34 by DesuMaiden »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.