Forum Settings
Forums
New
7 hours ago

Jul 2023
Mine is 7. For me 7 is something not admirable but passable enough. After all, if I am watching or investing my time in something, it has to be at least 7 or I would drop it in midway.
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

7 hours ago

Feb 2020
"What is score of your average/ mid anime?"

5-7.
7 hours ago

Apr 2013
5/10 is the average according to MAL itself.
I still think that 0/10 should be possibly, so 5/10 would actually be the middleground.
7 hours ago

May 2019
For me a 6/10 anime is pretty average but numbers are arbitrary.
7 hours ago

Jan 2013
6 is average. If it's below 6, I usually drop it after a few episodes and don't even add it to my list.
6 hours ago

Dec 2015
1-4 - Negative
5-6 - Medium/Decent
7-10 - Positive
6 hours ago

Jun 2016
10/2 is 5 so 5 is my average. I also actually use 1-4 unlike many users on this website so 5 makes sense.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
6 hours ago

Jun 2024
5-6 our average score only if I find a average show.
6 hours ago

Sep 2018
Since 5/10 corresponds to 3/5 (if you can only use whole numbers, of course) which is a positive score, the scores I use for MID anime/mixed feelings are right below that. 3 is still barely watchable, 1-2 are for things I definitely dislike, usually dropped.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but I care about distinguishing different levels of good more than different levels of bad; I do think that 4 should be something like "subpar" instead of "bad", there's no need for four synonyms of bad for the scores between 1 and 4.
6 hours ago

Jan 2021
Yeah a 7 is an average show for me. I am too lenient when it comes to scoring anime.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

6 hours ago

May 2020
5. Maybe 5 is a little bit lower than mid (I guess it really depends what mid even means in precise terms), but that is fundamentally the flex point for when a show becomes "bad" for me.

I know a lot of people only use the 5-10 part of the scale so naturally 7 becomes the middle, but that's just a score inflation problem, they need to take a cold hard look at their list and realize their 7s are 5s and their 5s are 3s.
6 hours ago

Feb 2014
7 cause I just feel kinda bad going lower than that lol
6 hours ago
Sep 2022
5, there's a reason its called fucking mid
5 hours ago

Jan 2021
5, it's the middle so it's simple enough.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
5 hours ago

Aug 2011
5 - 6

6 mostly for stuff that I felt was worth watching overall, despite being just so-so, and 5 for stuff that wasn’t totally awful, but I probably should have skipped.

7 is for enjoyable anime that I liked overall. They usually aren’t anything special, but I consider 7 to be a pretty positive rating. By MAL’s suggestion, 7 means “good,” so that’s how I try to use it.
palm-tree5 hours ago
5 hours ago

Jul 2014
5, and in some cases a 6 if I do see noticeable value in the anime, 7 for me is where it gets to worth watching and recommending to others
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
5 hours ago
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
My mid score is 3, kinda lower than the majority here.
4 hours ago

May 2022
I do not watch mid anime. Simple as that.
4 hours ago

Dec 2022
5 or 6. Since 5.5 is the numerical average between 1 and 10, both scores could be considered "average", since you could round up or down from whatever internal score you're giving a series on a decimal point system. At least, that's how I'm assessing my own list.

But, without being that donnish about it, 5 is listed as average in the MAL score drop-down menu, so may as well treat it as such.

Shaded Horizon

4 hours ago

Dec 2021
Average and mid are two very different things for me. 6 means it's average (Or was good in some places, but made some offensive mistakes somewhere to lose the 9 or 8), 5 is literally the middle (So mid. It didn't do enough to make me feel anything above or below dead neutral towards it), and 4 is once something has actually pissed me off. 3 is when I'm calling the cops, 2 is when I'm saying fuck the cops and grabbing a knife, and 1 is when I just bribe North Korea to nuke Japan. Thankfully I've never found a 1... yet.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
4 hours ago

Mar 2016
My average/mid is 6. 7 is fine and 5 is bad.

4 hours ago

Apr 2022
5 because it's literally mid, 6 is fine and 7 above is good. just as the mal labels intend.
4 hours ago

May 2023
A score of 5 is average / mid for me...

4 hours ago

May 2018
For MAL, it's 7-8 for me :)
If average MAL score is around 5, I will change to 5 too, but it isn't for now
Nanami Hiromachi  Anna Mochizuki 
4 hours ago

May 2024
5. Anything above that is either acceptable or good for me.
3 hours ago
Sep 2013
I suppose it depends on what you'd define as mid or average.

If we're talking about the baseline for anime I think is good, then 7, as per the MAL description. I don't watch mediocre anime if I can see it coming. Who would?
1-4 is varying levels of bad.
5 is completely neutral. Not bad, but not good either. Not worth your time because of opportunity cost
6 is not bad/decent, but probably not worth watching again
7-10 is varying levels of good.
3 hours ago

Jun 2010
It will depend on how you define average and mid score.. In MAL, the range is between 1 and 10, and each score tells you what it means. For me, my scoring is quite similar to the one in MAL.

Most of the series that I watch or read are pretty good. Occasionally there may be a couple of series that fall into the 6. But most of them are still 7 and above.
3 hours ago

Jan 2009
5 is my average like mal says in its labels
3 hours ago

Jul 2023
Reply to trinitroglycerin
I do not watch mid anime. Simple as that.
@trinitroglycerin it's really simple 😅

3 hours ago

Oct 2021
I give mid shows a rating of either 6 or 7 out of 10.
2 hours ago

Jul 2023
Reply to Ricchan__
I give mid shows a rating of either 6 or 7 out of 10.
@Ricchan__ tbh it's an idea scoring in my opinion.

More topics from this board

» Which TV anime characters would be the most LOYAL, and which would FUCK AROUND?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

3 by TsutanaiFuun »»
35 seconds ago

» Characters who deserve more appreciation

UberBat - Yesterday

22 by Brunilde »»
1 minute ago

» Ever woke up early just to watch anime before work/school/the day starts

BerriesSan - 4 hours ago

20 by DigiCat »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your top-5 favorite girls and guys this season so far?

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

12 by WaterMage »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Petition To Animate *Actually* Good Anime Instead of Random Isekai Copypastas ( 1 2 )

Hiimoohiii - Aug 1

77 by VanVeleca »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.