Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 3, 8:44 AM
Nov 2022
I didn't expect less from Hoshina, what really surprised me is the ending, are there many humanoid kaijus with rational thinking? bruh
Jun 3, 4:06 PM
Jun 2013
I wonder how the fight would've turned out if kafka didn't hold back though it was nice to see more of shoshiros fighting ability. It was nice to see some humor come from mina. Daddy issues girl sure does a poor job at showing her happiness of kafka not dying. So now I'm guessing kaiju 9 has to kill to absorb the physical identity so I wonder who was the poor sap that was his first victim. I mean they must have family right? I knew I saw that beer crown logo before. They turned corona in koala beer so it must taste like water. Also good for Kafka and getting promoted and mina was pleased as well.
Jun 3, 6:17 PM
Feb 2022
i took alook about the kaiju world and found the story very Unique and am currently at the 8th ep
Jun 3, 10:36 PM

Nov 2009
Well, looks like I got it right.

Kafka decide to just escape out of there, LOL

BTW... are we shipping Kafka with Kikoru? especially judging by how Kikoru keeps on blushing whenever she sees Kafka...

But... I am pretty sure Kafka's going to end up with Mina in the end, since Mina's the supposed "main heroine" and childhood friend with a promise...

Also... WHO GETS OUT OF THEIR CAR TO YELL AT PEOPLE??? Is this how Japanese people are? In America you just honk and drives pass them from the side. In China, you just run them over and get the fuck out of there. Japan people too nice? or too dense?

Hmm... Soushirou was almost doing the 1 + 1 = ???, when he was getting SUS about Kaijuman N0.8, but was interrupted by Mina. Especially with the earlier episode when vice-capt was getting SUS about Kafka and Kaiju no.8's "life signs" coincidence.

But they decide to have a sort of party... and Kafka got promoted.

And... can Kafka still get drunk? he acted like he was a bit drunk at the party, but kept all his jokes to "human" and never mentioned anything about transforming or even near the battle.

It was nice that Kafka got to talk with Mina and she confirmed she still remember the promise.

And just when it was going to be break time... Another intelligent Kaiju arrives...

Which also makes me wonder... who and where are Kaiju No.1 to No.7 that came before Kafka No.8?

Were they already killed? (or are they somewhere else in the world?)

Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 4, 2:34 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
this ep was so good dude
loving this show
Jun 4, 6:40 AM

Feb 2021
A new kaiju? That looks pretty strong!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 4, 8:17 AM
Jan 2023
LESSSGOOOO MY BOI KAFKA GOT PROMOTED!!!11!11!111!!!! 🥳🥳🥳
Jun 4, 1:39 PM
Aug 2020
Reply to felixsifuri
This episode just solidifies my opinion that Hoshina is the best character of this series
@felixsifuri The only really interesting actually
Jun 4, 5:51 PM
Jul 2015
Last episode I was a little mid in the series. Now it’s over mid. I like it, and I like it in a good way, but it’s not awesome and mind blowing. This time I got a Space Brothers feeling, and that’s really a good vibe. So thumbs up for that.

I really like the simplicity and sometimes “super hype” battles and complex structure.

On to the next one next week 🎉
Jun 4, 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
I loved this episode. I like how little things may be giving Kafka away such as his fighting style being too close to human. I feel like Hoshino is going to figure it all out soon, and I can’t wait to see how that all unfolds. (8.5/10)
Jun 5, 1:44 AM
Feb 2015
Kafka escaped death by slash by Hoshina and got promotion to full oficer.
All ends well...except the last Kaiju that look like from solo leveling and ride beast is coming.
Jun 5, 2:28 AM
Oct 2019
I just want to say Thank You Production I.G for another Incredible Episode!!

Kaiju No.8 vs Vice Captain Hoshina was absolutely Amazing!!
Jun 5, 11:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice party and full of surprises!!!
kekeke
Jun 5, 12:59 PM
Jul 2021
E-Satie said:
All those blushing and Tsundere Kikoru scenes are just giving the weird fan of the series excuses to ship her with Kafka.

Anyways, looks like next episode will be full action pack.

I think she's getting the fatherly appreciation from kafka that she needed from her own father, which is what makes her blush and I think it is well deserved
Jun 5, 1:10 PM
May 2024
god what an amazing anime, definitely the best of the season for me so far. only one that's had me hooked and unable to stop watching. defo gonna have to read the manga once its done airing, cant wait for the next episode
Jun 5, 11:52 PM

Jul 2021
Great fight between Hoshina and Kaiju No. 8. As much as the "one punch" scenes feel good, I would like to see more "proper" fights like this one; creative, fast-paced, actually dangerous, character-based and nicely animated.
Jun 6, 7:52 PM

Dec 2022
My boy kafka finnally got promoted.The celebration was very epic . Loved to see everyone quarreling n having good time.
Jun 6, 9:43 PM

Oct 2022
Bad first impressions aside, I'm really warming up to Kikoru's character. Love her dynamic with Kafka.
Jun 7, 2:44 AM

May 2021
I think Hoshina might be my favourite character in this series. Also, the first time Mina shows some warmth to Kafka with a side eye. Hope we see more of that gradually.

Jun 7, 5:32 AM

Jun 2019
It was much more on the chill side and a much-needed one at that. The fight was amazing tho. Luckily, Kafka survived that. Looks like a bigger problem is approaching.
Jun 7, 11:41 AM
Aug 2018
This show keeps getting better, even when not much action happens. For some reason, my brain keeps wanting to compare this show to Solo Leveling. It's not similar thematically, but I think pacing-wise, it scratches the same itch Solo Leveling did.
Jun 7, 1:36 PM

Apr 2024
Kafka becomes a full-on officer now!! Now that I've finally caught up, I love how this show is. Goofy and action-packed. Just the way I love it. Watching Kafka and Reno as well as the other officers bond is great. Now to see what that weird lizard Kaiju is.
Jun 8, 8:34 AM

Jul 2017
Kafka as Kaiju No. 8, against the vice-captain that he doesn't want to go against, he cannot hold back against someone who has experience killing humanoid Kaijus like him. And in the midst of his strong attacks, Hoshina failed to address No. 8, and had to concede defeat. Mina realizing this, and Hoshina is able to piece the puzlle, though how No. 9 acted is exactly how Kafka can interchange between both Kaiju and human forms, which the former acquired a new person as its parasitic vessel.

Thankfully, it was Iharu who noticed the humanoid Kaiju fight, and both he and Ichikawa recover to full health soon thereafter, with Haruichi's rather outlandish feast for a first mission success, and everyone bickering about their own achievements during the mission. The big news is Kafka being promoted to a full officer in Hoshina's 3rd Division, and that's a great step in the right direction, being honoured by Mina of all people, remembering the promise they had. For the time being, Mina'll be off to discuss about Kaiju No. 8 and 9 at the HQ, leaving Hoshina as the next act-in commander, whose vigorous training is reminiscent that of his battle with him as No. 8.

So far, Kafka needs to worry more about himself being of the same 1% combat power, and Hoshina's growing expectations of him.
Jun 8, 9:02 AM
Oct 2022
But why did nobody inform the brass that Kaiju. no 8 is saving people left and right? The only one to tell them so far is a child.
Jun 8, 10:37 AM

Aug 2013
3rd numbered kaiju coming up?
Jun 8, 3:38 PM
Aug 2019
Hearing a remix/homage to the godjira theme while Hoshina's fighting the daikaiju was a cool touch.
And I'm finally glad Kafka's able to transform only a part of his body now.
Jun 10, 1:20 PM

Nov 2011
This was one of my fav moments in manga. :)
I am so happy I could see Hoshina animated!
Jun 13, 3:19 AM

Nov 2019
Kafka manages to escape from Hoshino while Iharu and Ichikawa recover in hospital. They throw a party for their recovery and Kafka gets promoted from cadet to full officer. Hoshino really covered for Kafka to get the promotion, it seems like he's on Kafka's side for now.
Jun 15, 4:34 PM
Apr 2023
10/10 the best anime i loved it
Jun 17, 12:34 AM

Jul 2008
Oh great flying kaiju now, where's Rodan when you need him?

And great job on the promotion Kafka....NOW QUIT BLABBING YOUR SECRET!
Jun 17, 1:27 AM
May 2020
kafka got himself that well-earned promotion, survived the attack from vice-captain and had a lil party. what could go wrong...
Jun 20, 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
They fly now?! They fly now...
Jun 29, 4:55 AM
Sep 2022
Nah, this episode don't really got me...
Jul 3, 10:47 AM
Dec 2017
I LOVE IT! It's nice to watch something like Kaiju no. 8-- similar to JJK. Like a shounen type of manga but the main character is an adult.
What's up people ._.
Jul 3, 10:47 AM
Dec 2017
It's nice to have a shounen type of anime like this but the MC is an adult
What's up people ._.
Jul 4, 3:05 PM

Jun 2022
1) Man , Quality In '24 Sure Is Noice .

2) Well If U Had Another Red Dud Waiting , Why Not Let No.8 Finish No.9 In That Battle Then .

3) Anyhoo , drop out of question & that is cool .

4) Need To Check If Done Airing Though , Still 1 More Dub To Go & That Might Ruin The Taste A Lil .
Jul 8, 4:51 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I did not expect this show to be this wholesome. Such a supporting main cast man.
Jul 11, 9:53 AM

Feb 2018
Well, that was one hell of a fight Kafka went through, but in the end it looks like he just barely managed to get away from the vice captain.
I would say it was overall a hard fought victory for their first mission, celebrations all around!
That meeting with Mina about Kafka getting promoted looked as though it was going to be quite awkward, but turned into a bit of a wholesome moment which was nice.
The ending there also shows that this moment of joy won't be lasting much longer, and they'll have to get right back into it.
Jul 18, 12:03 AM
Dec 2022
The first confrontation between K8 and the 2nd captain was very good
Jul 20, 4:26 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
INITIATE DESCENT

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 26, 7:52 AM

Feb 2014
I like how Kaijuu 9 thinks the next time will know to kill "Kafka" like Hoshino, but any of them stopped to think 1 second that Kaijuu 8 is still a "baby" that only use is raw power without knowing nothing but not transforming (he said that discovers regen means a lot of energy).

Kaijuu 9 didn't think if, he was holding back, Kaijuu 8 too. He showed a different ways to use his power but Kaijuu 8 is simply like "fast, really fast, punch".

Jul 26, 8:18 PM

May 2018
wow one on one was amazing!
Aug 1, 2:49 PM
Oct 2021
Once again, I'll say, I'm all for these kinds of moments but I just hope the threat about losing comrades in arms is true and this doesn't continue to be the standard shounen ambition of friends always making it out. And even if friends are lost., I do hope it's executed in brutality well enough if not, at least have some impact on the ones alive. The hype is there, but the story and plot aren't really budging so far, this is just standard shounen, even the mysteries regarding the Kaiju aren't intriguing enough. I mean they mention something in the past and immediately you know what they mean. The world building is nonexistent in this one so far. One of the core things dragging it I fear.
Aug 3, 10:42 PM

Apr 2009
Not me getting goose bumps watching Hoshina.... Guess I'm a fan now 😍
Aug 8, 7:37 AM

Mar 2015
No. 9 is definitely gonna be a challenge, but yet another new adversary is about to make their appearance!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 11:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hoshina is too scary damn, at least Kafka could escape from him but now the issue is the Kaiju n°9, at least Kafka got promoted and finally joined the forces!!
Sep 23, 2:30 PM

Oct 2022
A dikiaju. 1000 degree knifes. He escapes. He’s back. The first in five years. It’s not number 9. They pull a gotten better party. They receive impossibly high-quality meats. He was flexing without even trying. Drugs enter the social equation. They aren’t just fighting. They are working through it. The problems they wouldn’t usually discuss. They can identify their own weaknesses. It begins to get traditionally violent. He is hitting the head. Mkay. He is finally a full officer. A good night. His dream is beginning to come true. She finally acknowledges his existence. He is doing mental imagery training. He can tell who he is imagining. He will take care of them both. It wouldn’t kill him to put one percent of his faith in him. Another approaches from the sky. It is remaining quite high-quality. 5
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» what's with the hate? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 18

74 by removed-user »»
Sep 26, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

229 by higherthanhigh »»
Sep 24, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

275 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.