Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 4, 10:45 PM
Aug 2023
teofilusSW said:
@Ugly11 Read the Webtoon, folks, it's a life changing 100 chapters.

If the show grabs me, I’ll will check out the webtoon.

It’s definitely off to a good start
Jul 4, 10:55 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is why we need more bisexual anime in general. Far too much of a rarity.
Jul 4, 11:10 PM

Jun 2023
Reply to Ugly11
I’m 5 minutes in and I have one question only, and if someone could answer it that would be cool. It’s actually a multilayered question, where are his parents? Do they not see their son leaving the house in the uniform not assigned to him? How did the school miss this? No way everyone can be that oblivious….
@Ugly11
Ugly11 said:
Do they not see their son leaving the house in the uniform not assigned to him?

I think the last scene implies that he changes his uniform at school? I’m not entirely sure but that’s probably why.

Maybe we’ll see his parents at a later time
Jul 4, 11:28 PM
Aug 2021
it's a pretty good adaptation
Jul 4, 11:32 PM
Jul 2019
Dropped. Uninteresting. Don't like either of the main characters. Animation is poor. Art style is meh.

And I really hate those crude cartoon scenes that show up every 30 seconds.

A shame. It looked interesting but, no, not for me.
Jul 4, 11:39 PM
Aug 2023
lingojk said:
@Ugly11
Ugly11 said:

I think the last scene implies that he changes his uniform at school? I’m not entirely sure but that’s probably why.

The last scene did clear up that part of the question. But so much more still needs to be answered
Jul 4, 11:47 PM
Jan 2024
Saki who falls in love with Makoto (crossdresser) after observing him for a while. She realizes how kind and considerate Makoto is, and confesses her feelings to him even if she knows that Makoto is a girl, but later she actually finds out Makoto is actually a boy. Saki is at least true to her feelings. Saki’s character felt witty and sweet and I liked that.
Ryuuji (Makoto's childhood friend) who cares about Makoto, even after knowing about his hobby of crossdressing, he never left him alone, he is a true friend. I don't know what will happen later, but this was a very calm, relaxing and sweet episode and i enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

This genre is unique, and there are not too many works done in this genre, so please don't judge by your own preferences. If you don't like it, you can drop it. Everyone has their own hobbies, some people's hobbies are completely unique, cosplay isn’t new, and I don't think Makoto's hobby is hurting anyone, so let him live his life as he likes.
WhisperingCloud9Jul 14, 12:32 PM
Jul 4, 11:52 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Hmm, quite a few enjoyable moments that were funny. But I have a feeling there's gonna be a few massive cringe moments which I will not care about.
Basically, drama moments. Like his mothers reactions and/or bullying or something similar. We will see.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
Jul 5, 12:17 AM

May 2019
This was a very good first episode to establish the main trio and I really like the chibi shift every now and then whn it becomes comedic. And also I really like how unhinged and based Aoi was with how she doesn't really mind Makoto's gender at all. I'm really interested to see how their relationship will develop overtime.

Jul 5, 12:24 AM
flower boy

Jun 2013
thoughts as a fan of the original webcomic- OST and opening are great, art is pretty solid when they actually commit! unfortunately it seems this is another low budget series where they have to find an alternative to fully animate it. in this case, animating a lot of shots in a chibi artstyle... i don't hate it but i am disappointed ><
also bummed about how heavily condensed everything is... but i guess with a 12 episode series that's to be expected :(
Jul 5, 1:05 AM

Apr 2023
One day we have bunny girl senpai, the next we have ladyboy senpai lol 😅

Well, let's see where this goes
Jul 5, 1:33 AM
May 2021
it seems like it has great potential the concept is unique, the animation is great and the "goodbye me" line at the end hit hard love to see how it develops from here
Jul 5, 1:50 AM
Jan 2018
A bit disappointing. The theme of the anime and the characters are great, unfortunately again unnecessary triangle relationships.
Jul 5, 1:56 AM

Nov 2022
a guy can't be this cute! ;)
Jul 5, 2:04 AM

Nov 2022
Reply to YeetNation
Senpai Wa Otokonoko nokonoko koshitantan 🦌
YeetNation said:
Otokonoko nokonoko koshitantan

I wish we could like comments on mal haha
Jul 5, 3:06 AM
Nov 2018
definitely gonna add this to the weekly watch list. seems cute animation isn't terrible and it's unique.
Jul 5, 3:15 AM

Mar 2023
I know going into chibi animation is purely a cost saving technique here, but I like it, especially considering the alternative.
I wish more shows with low budget would do this, instead of boring slideshows.

I liked the first episode
watsymJul 5, 3:24 AM
Jul 5, 3:27 AM
Nov 2023
this shit gay, as in homosexual.
Jul 5, 4:09 AM

Jun 2015
big fan of sekine akira
Jul 5, 5:09 AM

Nov 2023
It looks good, and the premise is pretty interesting.
Jul 5, 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
That was enjoyable. Aoi is pretty funny in a cute way. It is cute how Ryuuji has a crush on Mokoto too.

Honestly the animation style switching felt not very smooth in how it is done. Kind of jarring even though cute looking. Not that I dislike it just i feel there could be other ways of doing that.
Jul 5, 6:18 AM
Aug 2022
Well Vampire dormitory killed my opinion of this genre for the most part, and this show shot my opinion right back up.

I’m finding this show far more compelling than Vampire dormitory so far.

Saki is definitely a massive part of why I’m loving this show so far she’s really fun (and a little freaky) but I do really like Makoto and Ryuuji so far.

I would have preferred if it wasn’t a love triangle and just focused on Makoto and Saki’s relationship but it’s not bringing the show down. (Yet)

I hope they do focus a lot on Makoto and Saki’s dynamic though.

Very strong start so far

Edit: the opening song is a certified banger and overall awhile Ryuuji at least right now is probably better for Makoto I still want Saki to be with him. She’s genuinely won my heart over in minutes. I imagine we’ll see there dynamic shape further as the story goes on.
Jul 5, 6:20 AM

Apr 2021
It was a manga i assumed i would not like. But after completing it became one of my favourites.

It wasn't that bad of a first episode. Let's see what happens next.
Jul 5, 6:59 AM

May 2015
My main problem with this anime is that I don't think there is a japanese school that would let him attend classes dressed like that. Wandering Son (Hourou Musuko) took this whole thing more seriously. ...But if I lower my expectations in relation to this anime and think of his crossdressing as a comedic tool, I think the episode was fine. Animation looked nice and cosy and Aoi's character design is super cute so those are definitely saving graces.

PS. I guess Ishinashi, or whatever he is called, would love this anime :D
IshitatesoJul 5, 7:25 AM
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jul 5, 7:28 AM
Apr 2023
Reply to Ugly11
I’m 5 minutes in and I have one question only, and if someone could answer it that would be cool. It’s actually a multilayered question, where are his parents? Do they not see their son leaving the house in the uniform not assigned to him? How did the school miss this? No way everyone can be that oblivious….
@Ugly11 i'm assuming you got to the end of the ep lol
Jul 5, 8:35 AM
Oct 2020
I love how well this adapts the manga! I'm really looking forward to seeing this through to the end.
Hello from whatever year I left this comment in! It's funny, we're separated by so many years, and yet we're both enjoying the same media...

Enjoy the present :)
Jul 5, 8:56 AM
Oct 2020
Ok I actually quite like the childhood friend guy but yeah he's not winning. I mean first he's a childhood friend so his chances are in the negative in the first place. Second no one is going to be able to compete with that horny ball of pure energy. Overall decent first episode. I like the characters so far. We already got a dynamic between the childhood friend guy and the girl. I wonder how long is the guy going to deny he's got a crush on his best friend lol. He's not fooling anyone but himself with all those pictures.
Jul 5, 9:01 AM
Apr 2020
This was kinda funny. Looking forward to seeing what their friendship is going to develop into.
Jul 5, 9:05 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Aoi reminds me so much of Miyano from Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge! It hit me when she started referring to Ryuji as her master, haha.
Jul 5, 9:52 AM
Dec 2022
Loving the animation of this show, and the VA for Ryuji is fantastic, though Makoto's voice is quite a bit more masculine than I expected. Unfortunately we probably won't hit my favourite part of the manga this season, but this looks to be a good adaptation so far!
Jul 5, 10:01 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to watsym
I know going into chibi animation is purely a cost saving technique here, but I like it, especially considering the alternative.
I wish more shows with low budget would do this, instead of boring slideshows.

I liked the first episode
@watsym I don't think it's "purely" a cost saving technique, since the chibi art is clearly inspired heavily from the manga's art. It can both be a way to save money while satisfying manga readers at the same time. It's kinda obvious they used it kinda too much tho, but at least it's still used on the right time, especially comedic moments.
Jul 5, 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
Aoi is so real for her reaction. Already loving this girl.
Jul 5, 10:12 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to HaXXspetten
This is why we need more bisexual anime in general. Far too much of a rarity.
@HaXXspetten Agreed. But Japan is slowly getting there.
Jul 5, 10:29 AM

Jun 2016
this show not turning you into geHH !!

safe.. safe to watch ...
Jul 5, 10:57 AM
Mar 2020
Usually something that I need to avoid but the genre says it's romance and love polygon so might gonna give it a try and I got time.

Before I wrote my thoughts, just want to let you know that I'm most of the time disagree with LGBT and it's ideology, I never watched any pure yuri and yaoi anime too (I watched some yuribaits but that's about it.)

Long story short, this one is fine and watchable and I'm very curious to check the comic but I'm refraining to do so to keep the anime anticipation real.

I'm not feeling any disgust or anything and obviously I'm not sensing anything heavy on politics or ideology (Ofc, Japanese stuff rarely portrays that). And I'm surprised that I feel like Ryuji's feeling is kinda deserved? I feel like it's natural for him to love Makoto but not sure how I feel about Aoi though, I'm not really fond of "Love at first sight" type of trope.

But I'm very curious about the love polygon thing, who gonna loves who during the latter part of this story or it's still unchanged? So I'll just need to find out and also the individual drama behind these 3.

So yeah, this anime so far is fine, not cringe, not forced and genuinely some funny scenes.
Jul 5, 11:00 AM
Nov 2022
Very nice, I like the approach it has, although it is comical it also seems that at least peripherally it will show certain aspects that people like Makoto must face.
Jul 5, 11:24 AM

Feb 2010
Diversity win: Your cute kohai is a disaster bisexual

I'm glad this seems to be taking a decent vibe and direction so far
Jul 5, 11:59 AM

Sep 2018
Not a series for me deslite loving traps like hideyoshi and astolfo. I like more crude humor generally. Not terrible though.
Jul 5, 12:08 PM
May 2024
really enjoyed this first episode, I liked the little chibi artstyle but it felt a bit overused.. Other than that, I like our three mc's a lot, other than the overuse of the chibis the animation is nice, feel like this anime's gonna be quite emotional from what other people are saying here and I'm not sure if I'm prepared for that </3 either way though, it takes over ramen akaneko as my favourite of the animes I've started from this season so far. But like I said about ramen akaneko, looking at the other titles coming up I'm not sure it'll stay that way but I think I'll definitely be enjoying this anime
Jul 5, 12:35 PM
May 2023
This series seems to start off depressing but hopeful. Makoto thinks he can't fall in love because of who he is, meanwhile his best friend Ryuji cares a lot about him but hasn't confessed or anything. Aoi seems like she will go through a journey of understanding what she actually likes about Makoto that isn't surface level. She seems supportive as well as naive due to her being younger than Makoto, so it will be interesting to see if she grows as a character

Meanwhile certain watchers are obviously more uncomfortable than others with the series. Thats kind of the point of it though, it explores territory that most people don't ever have to experience personally and challenges perceptions while still having funny moments. I imagine that shit is hard to execute

I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if things get more interesting
Jul 5, 12:55 PM
Apr 2024
I am curious to learn why he wants to dress as a girl, and I am surprised he actually not trying to hide it (since only new students doesn't know about it). This look like it might be a fun series, and I will keep it open minded.
Jul 5, 1:16 PM
Apr 2024
Oh shit, trap fap anime. Looks pretty good.
I just need to remember to mute before I unzip my pants cuz of that voice

Edit: nvm, wow they go into that chibi art often. This anime feels like I'm reading the webtoon with voiceover. Things weren't poorly animated, there's just very little animation to begin with.
stevejawbsJul 5, 1:27 PM
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jul 5, 1:25 PM

Jun 2024
ITS FINALLY HERE!!! ive really been looking forward to this cuz i love the story and i relate to makoto a lot :3 i love how it changes between the anime and manga art styles too, its fun ^w^ and judging by the op it looks like my fav seen is gonna get animated and im seriously so looking forward to that!!! <3
Jul 5, 2:26 PM

May 2015
Woow! This adaptation doesn't disappoint! It was really beautiful, and I loved little moments in the manga style. Omg, if this keeps up like this, it might just be the best anime of the season.

Ryuuji! His energy is so spot on, and seiyuu, lovely work! And Aoi, and Makoto too, all these characters, so happy to see them animated. I'm already prepared for pain, but honestly hope it won't be rushed or brushed off, the story is just so good and emotional, and so carefully crafted in just the right ways considering the topics it brings up. So far I'm relieved it seems to be in good hands.
Jul 5, 3:56 PM
Oct 2020
I know this doesn't seem too necessary.
I feel like I've seen the type of font in the ending credits of this anime. And it turned out to be the same font as Bocchi The Rock's ending credits.
Jul 5, 4:04 PM

Jan 2022
This was a slow start and I found it sort of boring. Okay nvm after the second half, it finally got interesting.

The childhood friend is a little too protective of Makoto. Its kind of annoying, but I can see where he's coming from. Both Ryuji and Makoto have trust issues due to the endless bullying Makoto has dealt with in the past.

The animation with the silly faces was perfect. I absolutely loved that. I don't like that Makoto avoids Aoi, bc she's just a cutie. It seems like Aoi is helping Makoto become more confident in himself. I don't like how the teacher responded when Makoto stood up. That's so rude wtf. Oof the ending made me sad. That's rough.

Wtf are with the comments on here? Absolute insanity.
cooldogmomJul 5, 4:10 PM
This never updates so that's cool
Jul 5, 4:18 PM
May 2021
Love! I'm already a huge fan of "I think I turned my childhood friend into a girl" by Azusa Banjo, so without a doubt I think I will come to read the entire manga one this show is done airing.
Jul 5, 5:16 PM

May 2018
Reply to Kismet69
@Softhenic03
Softhenic03 said:
We’re supposed to believe his “she” persona is very popular and answering these kinds of confessions is tiring???
No bro, if you watched the ep, Ryuji legit said they played pranks on him, dude was sighing cause he thought it was another troll.

Softhenic03 said:
they don’t fucking try playing a dark and sad flashback showing how this guy’s mother or someone was actually reasonable and stopping him from becoming what he has become.

Lol, I mean, I thought eleven_exists was exaggerating by calling you transphobe but maybe they were spot on? Like the mom will obviously be against it, that's why he hides it, and we'll totally have a whole thing about this, since that's the gimmick with these stories usually, that they aren't accepted for who they are and have trouble and whatever. If there is one case where you are right, is when they regret a transition, but even then the parents not allowing their kids to do something isn't reasonable lol, being reasonable is making sure that's the actual thing they want to do, and that they didn't rush into anything and that maybe they are old enough to choose for themselves, I won't get into more of it since it's not like I'm a defender of these things anyway but yeah, i doubt the mom is in the right here buddy lol.

@KANLen09 I always read replies like yours and think "this shit looks like AI" like I don't want to be mean, but is that really commenting on the thoughts you had on the episode? it just feels like a narration you make to promoto the next episode or a wiki article on the episode, like just describing what happened like you are feeding this text into a voice to show the episode to a blind person, I'm not trying to diss, just actually curious why you reply like this

@IzanaSolos what the...is this the same format as the guy above you? is there like a thread somewhere that invites you to play a game and reply in this format? i'm so confused

@FMmatron
FMmatron said:
Imagine if Makoto pulled out his dick to show that he's a boy
bro...I was really surprised at how he was showing her he was a boy, like I forget that the ribs and stomach has a certain shape in men, I was thinking "maybe she's just flat what does this show" but nah, it really has an iconic form, and then he also lowered his skirt a little...and thought what you said.
FMmatron said:
She saw the perks of dating someone who can offer the best of both worlds.
yeah I saw a bunch of people calling her bi, and I think some might not like me saying this but it's also sort of a fetishe of her, the otonoko part, I mean it like, girls wanting to have a sumbissive bf that dresses like a girl, that's what makes her nose bleed imo.
FMmatron said:
Crossdressing in school is wild, tho
I mean, bro wants to look like a girl and he can't do that shit at home, glad he has that little room to keep all that shit in. But it's like you said, even if he has no other place to do this, the school is pretty crazy, kids are so mean in general and so judgemental, even if bro is not doing anything wrong they will boo him for being different, it's not really a place for empathy so he's got quite a nerve to do it there

@Marinate1016
Marinate1016 said:
The concept of having an LGBTQ love triangle with a cross dresser at the center is so original and unlike anything I’ve seen
mmm I feel like I've seen something like that in Hourou Musuko.
Marinate1016 said:
Ryuji actually got my vote over Aoi rn for the ship because of how he’s been admiring Makoto and supporting him this whole time while not pressuring him or making him feel uncountable about his romantic feelings.
mmm honestly I get it if you like him more, but morally speaking I think Aoi has the highground cause she is honest with her feelings, she even says it "what, do you like sabotaging other's people relationshops?" if Ryuji doesn't have feelings for Makoto he shouldn't intervene lol, he obviously does and hasn't come to understand them yet but so far he is not on the same level as Aoi then, as a rival that is. You're right though, it might be confusing for Makoto to pressure him with something like dating him when he doesn't even know what he is yet. So far it seems like Makoto thinks of Ryuji as a really close friend but might fall for Aoi, maybe he's just into girls I dunno, if he were to fall for Ryuji he would have already is what I mean
@Kismet69 Thank you for being mostly sensible, reading a lot of these comments is really draining. I hope this series continues being decent!
Jul 5, 7:03 PM

Oct 2016
Animillion said:
The LGBTQ representation in anime (especially yuri) exists because sexually it’s easier to sell. The plethora of it is by no means reflective of the real world, in which there is a significantly smaller percentage of actual lesbians than there are yuri shows. I’m not saying this as someone who dislikes yuri but rather as an observation

OMG I said this exact same thing to my gay friend today: "I have the theory that lesbians are more TV friendly". This is something I thought when i watched Owl House, I could believe Disney having a gay girl (bisexual but you get my point) as the main character, but at the same time, it made sense that the first gay main character was a girl instead of a boy, I thought that maybe that would appeal more for the audience somehow? This is not really about the "sexually it’s easier to sell" thing you said, but more like I believe it's easier to consume for people that aren't acclimated, since people still have trouble with gay characters, specially after all the forced inclusive stuff lately that honestly backfired instead of helping their image. What I meant is, men will probably mind lesbians less than gay people, so it's a nice move by Disney if they want to slowly add more and more diversity.

Kaljalager said:
Thank you for being mostly sensible, reading a lot of these comments is really draining. I hope this series continues being decent!

I thought you were one of the people I quoted and had to make sure xd. Yeah, I read a few of those, I can get if you aren't on board with LGTB stuff but, some of the shit they wrote really is what someone perfectly described as "rage bait", not your cup of tea? Don't watch it, or even comment about it lol. But I guess I can't really blame these people for that, that's just anime fans in general too, they love hating on shit for no reason, and still consume it like it's their job and attack people that enjoy it.
Jul 5, 8:31 PM
Jul 2019
lingojk said:
@Ugly11
Ugly11 said:

don't want to give spoilers. the webtoon is so good. if you are impatient like me go read it
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 8 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 29

36 by jsooka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 22

60 by jsooka »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 18

130 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

108 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Aug 30, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Senpai wa Otokonoko Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

45 by KANLen09 »»
Aug 22, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.