Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 21, 2:07 AM

Jan 2021
The leaks resurfaced online in the last 2 weeks (It was already leaked last year). This is pretty much a confirmation. We just have to wait for the official announcement, I am absolutely excited for this. Its going to get the HF treatment.

Btw gonna post this here instead of making another thread because its not as reliable (but it could be because of Ufotable's history). Apparently they have already started working on it so we might get it earlier than expected and the main event of the first film will be

Manga readers might have already guessed it but thats how this film will go. The most exciting part is that its animation is supposed to be of far higher quality than Tengen vs UM6. The leaker just claimed that it has more illustrations than UM6 fight. Again, I dont know how reliable this is so take it with a grain of salt.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jun 21, 2:30 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
I would have less problems with a movie release if it wouldn't take ages to get on streaming services lol
死だけが確実
Jun 21, 4:22 AM
Mar 2022
Isn't it a bit short duration wise ?
I think by the end of the season there will be like 70 chapters left to adapt

Season 1 with 25 episode adapted about 55 chapters

considering that 1 movie is usually like 5-6 episodes, how are they gonna fit everything ?
Jun 21, 5:05 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Outlow

considering that 1 movie is usually like 5-6 episodes, how are they gonna fit everything ?
@Outlow Let's wait for the official announcement but the leaks are for Infinity castle arc. That arc alone is 45 or 46 chapters long. The rest are Sunrise countdown and ending. The movies will be 2 hours long or maybe a bit more with mostly fights which are fast paced. One movie can easily adapt 15 chapters.

Jun 21, 7:50 AM
Jan 2017
Ufotable splitting their final season worse than AoT? This was not on my bingo card.
Jun 21, 8:40 AM
Jan 2023
Outlow said:

well they filmed Heaven's Feel in a trilogy which in Visual novel is about 17 hr and also those 70 chapters are all gonna be action so the continuation of a fight scene takes less time on each frame than the still moment ones. Like nezuko saying good morning was just 1-2 manga panels but tanjiro swinging a sword to cut the neck was about 5-6 manga panels and in anime both have almost the same screen time.
Jun 21, 2:08 PM

May 2021
BTW it’s not just leaks, there was a product page released for a shounen jump event with a product that had the Infinity Castle Trilogy announcement written on it.
My Candies:

Bonus:
Jun 21, 2:42 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Please be fake please be fake please be fake please be fake please be fake please be fake please be fake please be fake please be fake
Jun 21, 2:55 PM

Apr 2019
Ufotable milks this anime to such an extent that it's starting to get ridiculous. Now they will make films and then what? The last arc is long, will they then divide it into another 3 or 2 films? At this rate, the last season will be years away

Jollyne7Jun 21, 3:00 PM
Jun 21, 4:27 PM

Apr 2016
I don't necessarily mind this besides the fact that getting anime movies to the states takes so freaking long after they're released in Japan that we aren't going to see the end of the Demon Slayer anime for ages in the US which is pretty frustrating
I was so ready for this current season to be a longer season that finishes up the manga now it feels like it's going to take another four years at least
Jun 21, 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
looks like confirmed

Kimetsu no Yaiba TV Anime will adapt its final 'Infinity Castle Arc' as a movie trilogy.

This information has apparently leaked from the visitor giveaways (now deleted) from Jump Victory Carnival's website. We'll keep updating this information.

https://x.com/WSJ_manga/status/1804013766700405157
Jun 22, 12:57 AM
Mar 2024
How would they name the films tho? Would it just be called part I or would it have the same naming scheme as heaven’s feel
Jun 22, 1:35 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to deg
looks like confirmed

Kimetsu no Yaiba TV Anime will adapt its final 'Infinity Castle Arc' as a movie trilogy.

This information has apparently leaked from the visitor giveaways (now deleted) from Jump Victory Carnival's website. We'll keep updating this information.

@deg I saw that as well but decided to post only the leak since nothing is confirmed yet.
Jun 22, 2:57 AM
Jun 2016
Zimzky said:
Ufotable splitting their final season worse than AoT? This was not on my bingo card.

It was on mine for sure, like dude, you know how well Kimetsu sells and its famous...
Jun 22, 4:32 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to deg
looks like confirmed

@deg Yeah that was true. The only thing that confuses me from the deleted information is that it says the FINAL arc and then says its the infinity castle arc. The last leaks confirmed that they were only the Infinity castle arc and then we will get new information on Sunrise countdown arc later.

Jun 22, 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
Excellent. Of course, I will wait for the official announcement, but if this info will be really confirmed as true, then I will be happy. Not only because of the fact that I was among those fans who wished to see that kind of war of handling the anime adaptation of that arc (or rather sub-story arc, 'cause at least as for today, it's officially considered a part of the final arc), but mostly because it's the perfect, the best way to adapt those chapters due to that arc's structure.

Oh, and those movies can be turned into an episodic format some time after the last of them is released. ;)
Jun 23, 1:31 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah no, I don't like paying €16.50 for a ticket.
Jun 23, 5:15 AM

Dec 2008
Reply to IKKIsama
Yeah no, I don't like paying €16.50 for a ticket.
@IKKIsama €16.50 ? Holy fuck, why is it so expensive?
Jun 23, 5:21 AM

Jun 2024
I honestly don't mind waiting. If I could wait for Heaven's Feel, I could definitely wait for this trilogy.
Jun 23, 9:37 AM

Feb 2019
What's a betting it gets the Mugen Train treatment? :P
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jun 23, 10:36 AM

Oct 2018
Guess we'll see the end of this anime in 2030
Jun 23, 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
People are always so quick to jump on blaming Ufotable for milking the series when it's probably more accurate to blame Aniplex and Shueisha. The "To the Swordsmith Village" movie ($56.1 million at the box office btw), the "To the Hashira Training" movie ($44.3 million), stretching a 9 chapter mini-arc into an 8 episode season, and now this news. Ufotable is just the contractor in charge of animating the series, I doubt they had a final say in any of those decisions. Aniplex and Shueisha tell them "this is what we want," the people at Ufo are going to give them what they want. At the end of the day, should it really come as a surprise to anyone that companies will look for any possible way to maximize profits off of an incredibly profitable series? 🤯🤯🤯🤯 Like, I remember thinking they would do this as a joke/meme, but it's honestly not surprising that they're doing multiple movies for this arc lol. We as consumers may not like it but they're going to think about their profits first, unfortunately.

People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 23, 3:46 PM

Nov 2023
That's a sure fire way to obliterate the hype for worldwide fans/audiences, especially considering anime movies have egregiously long waiting periods before they are shown overseas.

Although, the recent 'movie' (which was more of a recap) was released just 20 days after the japanese release, so they might fix that.

I'd understand if they adapted the final 12 chapters into a movie, that would be somewhat fitting. However, the Infinity Castle arc as a whole just doesn't have enough character/plot resolutions in it's first two thirds to be engaging enough as a trilogy.

The internet went crazy over the 'Attack on Titan: Final Season - Final Chapters' fiasco, but at least they were released (somewhat) simultaneously worldwide. On the other hand, this decision will genuinely piss off the anime community when they were/are already bummed out by the last two seasons.
HorsePersonManJun 23, 3:51 PM
Jun 23, 5:31 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Honestly not a fan of this, if that’s the case then that means this is the last time we’ll be watching Demon Slayer weekly, unless of course they turn the movies into a series afterwards like they did with Mugen Train, but I think that’s unlikely.
Jun 30, 9:02 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
People are always so quick to jump on blaming Ufotable for milking the series when it's probably more accurate to blame Aniplex and Shueisha. The "To the Swordsmith Village" movie ($56.1 million at the box office btw), the "To the Hashira Training" movie ($44.3 million), stretching a 9 chapter mini-arc into an 8 episode season, and now this news. Ufotable is just the contractor in charge of animating the series, I doubt they had a final say in any of those decisions. Aniplex and Shueisha tell them "this is what we want," the people at Ufo are going to give them what they want. At the end of the day, should it really come as a surprise to anyone that companies will look for any possible way to maximize profits off of an incredibly profitable series? 🤯🤯🤯🤯 Like, I remember thinking they would do this as a joke/meme, but it's honestly not surprising that they're doing multiple movies for this arc lol. We as consumers may not like it but they're going to think about their profits first, unfortunately.

thebrentinator24 said:
Ufotable is just the contractor in charge of animating the series, I doubt they had a final say in any of those decisions.

Ufotable is still a part of the committee, albeit lower than Aniplex and Shueisha, so they still have generally more input in executive decisions compared to what the average studio has.

That being said, I agree that people should not point fingers exclusively at Ufotable for this.
Jun 30, 9:10 AM

Jul 2017
The movies should look good but is this training arc really the last TV entry of this series? This one? That's lame. Should be a financial monster with how much this can generate with the trilogy approach.
Jun 30, 9:18 AM
Sep 2018
So... will the movies only cover the infinite castle arc or will they also cover the final arc?
Jun 30, 9:28 AM

Jul 2020
Reply to TheColonel76
Honestly not a fan of this, if that’s the case then that means this is the last time we’ll be watching Demon Slayer weekly, unless of course they turn the movies into a series afterwards like they did with Mugen Train, but I think that’s unlikely.
@TheColonel76 They can still make the Sunrise Countdown Arc into a series. I don't think it will fit as a movie

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jun 30, 9:37 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to Scordolo
@TheColonel76 They can still make the Sunrise Countdown Arc into a series. I don't think it will fit as a movie
@Scordolo you might be right, I’m not a source reader to know how long it is but that would be nice
Jun 30, 9:41 AM

Jan 2009
sucks we will wait for years to finish watching the show but movies usually have good production time so good to make the nonstop fights of the final arc all sakuga
Jun 30, 10:16 AM

May 2015
Ehhh...so we are gonna wait to 2030 for part 3 ;(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 30, 10:36 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Eikichi_Onizuka
@IKKIsama €16.50 ? Holy fuck, why is it so expensive?
@Eikichi_Onizuka bruh you think that's expensive I pay 18:90 francs for a ticket.
Jun 30, 11:16 AM

Jun 2015
They're really milking the hell out of this series, aren't they
Jun 30, 11:16 AM
Dec 2023
Well this it, the final anime (trilogy movie) for this series. It was an awesome run, but the trilogy will be the last, at least for the main series because there are chances of spin offs. Above all, we will receive a final sequel series in somewhat a big sendoff like Attack on Titan. Demon slayer was an awesome series and will be missed.
Jun 30, 11:40 AM
Mar 2023
I was totally expecting this series to get the AoT treatment. Here it is
Jun 30, 11:44 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Scordolo
@Scordolo You are right actually, completely forgot about that being its own arc. It's better than the Training arc being the final TV anime entry but still, don't particularly care for it being its very own season. Then again, the fact that this arc was a season of itself means that literally anything can be a season for this no matter what.
Jul 1, 12:07 AM

Dec 2008
Reply to AramHovhanued
@Eikichi_Onizuka bruh you think that's expensive I pay 18:90 francs for a ticket.
@AramHovhanued My god man! And here I thought that 10€ has become too expensive! (though in our economy, which is shit, it is expensive when it used to be 7€ some years back)
Jul 1, 3:26 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to Eikichi_Onizuka
@AramHovhanued My god man! And here I thought that 10€ has become too expensive! (though in our economy, which is shit, it is expensive when it used to be 7€ some years back)
@Eikichi_Onizuka It's sad cause there was a time when it was cheaper.
Jul 1, 12:52 PM

Apr 2013
Eh, not really a surprise. Still disappointed, I really prefer TV shows.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

539 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Feb 20

262 by ProGoddess »»
Sep 26, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

182 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 24, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

155 by Sean_T_kendo »»
Sep 23, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Jun 16

126 by k-angel »»
Sep 19, 12:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.