Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 20, 11:50 AM

Jun 2024
Are we still allowed to talk about lo-s here? Or is that a big no-no?

Real take: lo-s are 100% defined by young age and not young appearance. Yeah, that truth must hurt for a lot of you. But thems the brakes.
SmugMiriJun 20, 12:26 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 20, 11:52 AM

Feb 2020
"Are we still allowed to talk about loli here? Or is that a big no-no?"

A big no-no.

Jun 20, 11:53 AM

Sep 2016
SmugMiri said:
Are we still allowed to talk about loli here?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516093
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 20, 11:54 AM

May 2019
The only L word that's allowed is L Lawliet.

Jun 20, 11:54 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
SmugMiri said:
Are we still allowed to talk about loli here?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516093
@Zarutaku yeah that is nice an all but why is there literally a user here with the name @_yaoishotaincest if we can't make threads like this?
Jun 20, 11:57 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to SmugMiri
@Zarutaku yeah that is nice an all but why is there literally a user here with the name @_yaoishotaincest if we can't make threads like this?
@SmugMiri Because it only says "refrain from creating threads"
Jun 20, 11:58 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to Zarutaku
@SmugMiri Because it only says "refrain from creating threads"
@Zarutaku you are missing the point entirely
Jun 20, 12:03 PM

Oct 2019
SmugMiri said:
loli is 100% defined by young age

Bro there is an entire "vampire, goddess, demon 1000 year old loli" trope, You can't just deny one of the most famous loli archetypes

Also rebbeca famously was argued to be removed because "cyberpunk doesn't have lolis" but then trigger was like.... no, the loli has to stay.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 12:03 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to APolygons2
SmugMiri said:
loli is 100% defined by young age

Bro there is an entire "vampire, goddess, demon 1000 year old loli" trope, You can't just deny one of the most famous loli archetypes

Also rebbeca famously was argued to be removed because "cyberpunk doesn't have lolis" but then trigger was like.... no, the loli has to stay.
@APolygons2 That isn't loli. That is an adult hag.
Jun 20, 12:05 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to SmugMiri
@Zarutaku you are missing the point entirely
@SmugMiri Nah, a username doesn't incite inflammatory debates, whereas

these threads always devolve into the same final scenario: users are assigned into black/white categories where one side is "SJWs", the other side is "Nazis/rapists/etc", insults/abuse are being fired off from both sides, and trolls come in to feed the drama.
Jun 20, 12:06 PM

Oct 2019
SmugMiri said:
Are we still allowed to talk about loli here? Or is that a big no-no?

Oh also forgot to answer the question, The word itself isn't a no no, but talking about the morality of it, or it being bad or not, or anything that leads to the "loli" related arguments would be against the rules, because mal doesn't want people constantly arguing about shit like that.

Which is probably the best rule on this entire website.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 12:08 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to SmugMiri
@APolygons2 That isn't loli. That is an adult hag.
@SmugMiri you actually reminded me of this classic meme:

Also available at:

Jun 20, 12:09 PM

Feb 2016
I'm going to begin predicting the new users who delete their accounts after a short period of posting. OP will be one of them.
その目だれの目?
Jun 20, 12:11 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to APolygons2
SmugMiri said:
Are we still allowed to talk about loli here? Or is that a big no-no?

Oh also forgot to answer the question, The word itself isn't a no no, but talking about the morality of it, or it being bad or not, or anything that leads to the "loli" related arguments would be against the rules, because mal doesn't want people constantly arguing about shit like that.

Which is probably the best rule on this entire website.
@APolygons2 I see. Yeah I'm not here to debate morality. It is fun cartoons, after all. People like what they like and if they don't like it that is fine for them. This is just a light hearted thread joking about what counts a loli. Not if it is right or wrong. So this thread should fit within the rules.
Jun 20, 12:13 PM

Dec 2022
Lolis are cute, that's why people want to talk about them. Shouldn't be any controversy with that.

Shaded Horizon

Jun 20, 12:14 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to Archean-Return
Lolis are cute, that's why people want to talk about them. Shouldn't be any controversy with that.

@Archean-Return Exactly! They are perfect beings who need to be protected at all costs.
Jun 20, 12:18 PM

Jun 2024
Also, this reminds me of what annoys me about H tags. Short men are tagged as S even though that is not what S is smh. We need better tags and better defined definitions because right now this shit is the wild west.
Jun 20, 12:22 PM

May 2019
Reply to Archean-Return

Archean-Return said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement.

Jun 20, 12:42 PM

Jun 2024
@Animeinsight101 lolees are life and lolees are love and all that is good in the world
Jun 20, 12:46 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to SmugMiri
Also, this reminds me of what annoys me about H tags. Short men are tagged as S even though that is not what S is smh. We need better tags and better defined definitions because right now this shit is the wild west.
@SmugMiri Can you give any examples? I don't think I've ever seen a short man being called shota. It seems to be pretty in line with the use of the female equivalent, where it only gets applied to very young-looking boys. Since legal lolis exist, I guess legal shotas can also exist, but those seem to be an incredibly rare breed in comparison (the 1000 y.o. cliché is surprisingly gender-specific) and even when they do exist, they have the full boyish appearance and aren't just short 🤔
Jun 20, 12:49 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to SleepySera
@SmugMiri Can you give any examples? I don't think I've ever seen a short man being called shota. It seems to be pretty in line with the use of the female equivalent, where it only gets applied to very young-looking boys. Since legal lolis exist, I guess legal shotas can also exist, but those seem to be an incredibly rare breed in comparison (the 1000 y.o. cliché is surprisingly gender-specific) and even when they do exist, they have the full boyish appearance and aren't just short 🤔
@SleepySera Doujin with tall women and short men. Like a short balding man tagged as sho for some reason lol. It is common to see within that niche genre. Tags are so messed up and wrong a lot of the time.
Jun 20, 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
Nah man, the F internet declared l*l*s straight illegal taboo for some F reason. Internet is afraid it's a breeding ground for pedo's >_<'
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
Jun 20, 1:13 PM

Oct 2013
Damnit...I was hoping the L word would be lesbians or licorice. I have strong feelings about both. Like is it racist to say black licorice is the worst? I don't care if it's the only "true" licorice, it's awful and it shouldn't exist. And how many lesbians would it take to eat a truck full of Red Vines compared to Twizzlers? Would there even be a difference? Wait, what is the topic about again? Lil Wayne's song "Lollipop"?

Ok, I'm done with my bit. You say that the term is tied specifically to age, and to that I say, "fucking tell that to literally everything that's used it to refer to body type".
Jun 20, 7:46 PM

May 2015
There's actually a TV series with that exact title, you probably should watch it.
Jun 20, 8:23 PM

Nov 2019
Please! This kind of topic is annoying as hell. Keep your fetish to yourself. Present yourself to the law enforcers if you're unable to further contain it inside.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 20, 8:45 PM
May 2012
It's a very sensitive topic, perhaps you're mature enough to talk about it in an intelligent and understanding way but many aren't and people often end up arguing and discussions become flames, only generating disagreements leading nowhere and creating headaches for mods.
Jun 20, 8:46 PM

Apr 2020
if youre into lolis youre a pedophile.
luckily, more than half this website is fulll of pedophiles so they actually encourage lolis. (mods please don't hurt me I'm just saying a fact from my experience)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 8:51 PM
Feb 2021
I was like "lesbian? loser? what does this guy mean?"

The problem with defining lolis based on age is that by that definition, Cell and Piccolo are shotas. I don't vibe with that.
Jun 20, 9:03 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to MedK001
I was like "lesbian? loser? what does this guy mean?"

The problem with defining lolis based on age is that by that definition, Cell and Piccolo are shotas. I don't vibe with that.
@MedK001 Also Android 21 would count as loli according to the age logic. Not officially in any anime, aside from that brief scene in the last movie, but still. And if we go off body types, that includes canonical adults like Tatsumaki. It also implies that actual adults that have smaller frames are the "L word". The whole thing is a clusterfuck any way you slice it.
Jun 20, 9:06 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to FanofAction
@MedK001 Also Android 21 would count as loli according to the age logic. Not officially in any anime, aside from that brief scene in the last movie, but still. And if we go off body types, that includes canonical adults like Tatsumaki. It also implies that actual adults that have smaller frames are the "L word". The whole thing is a clusterfuck any way you slice it.
@FanofAction

its really not that difficult. any character that is supposed to resemble a child is a loli. tatsumaki and android 21 arent supposed to resemble children. Tatsumaki is just petite, a lot of grown women look like her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 9:07 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to FanofAction
True @FanofAction. I think that like with anything else, there's "obviously X", "most likely X", "arguably X" and "absolutely not X" camps for lolis — the definition is clear, but it's a bit smudgy at the 'edges'. Makes it kinda subjective. I'd actually call Tatsumaki a loli, but not Rebecca (from Cyberpunk). I've once seen some guy call Hestia a loli lol.
Jun 20, 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to MedK001
True @FanofAction. I think that like with anything else, there's "obviously X", "most likely X", "arguably X" and "absolutely not X" camps for lolis — the definition is clear, but it's a bit smudgy at the 'edges'. Makes it kinda subjective. I'd actually call Tatsumaki a loli, but not Rebecca (from Cyberpunk). I've once seen some guy call Hestia a loli lol.
@MedK001 Yeah...The Hestia thing just further complicates stuff. I've heard people call characters like her "oppai loli" basically a loli with boobs..I mean..she's small, but I wouldn't call classify her as one...
Jun 20, 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@FanofAction

its really not that difficult. any character that is supposed to resemble a child is a loli. tatsumaki and android 21 arent supposed to resemble children. Tatsumaki is just petite, a lot of grown women look like her.
@Kenzolo-folk Wrongo. It should be cut and dry, but like everything else humans touch, the term is muddy as hell. You even get shows themselves calling characters similar to Tatsumaki a "legal loli". Direct quote I remember from Steins;Gate 0. There's absolutely no consistency with how it's used.
Jun 20, 9:55 PM

Jun 2024
Wait, what are we talking about? Lesbians?
Jun 20, 10:18 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to luffysenchou
@Mayahuel Luminous Lobsters of course.
Jun 20, 10:33 PM

Mar 2012
Otaku culture has been officially mainstreamed enough that you cannot talk about "lo_s" on the forum of a website about "lo_s"
Jun 20, 10:47 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to luffysenchou
@Mayahuel I wish we were talking about lesbians. In fact I'd be 100% on board with changing the topic to literally any other L word.
Jun 20, 10:54 PM

Jun 2024
Reply to FanofAction
@Mayahuel I wish we were talking about lesbians. In fact I'd be 100% on board with changing the topic to literally any other L word.
@FanofAction I would totally be on board too.

@Serafos Lobsters!
Jun 20, 11:12 PM
Sep 2021
Shit i thought we're gonna talk about the other L word if you know what i mean
Jun 21, 12:13 AM

Aug 2020
What "lo-s" as in lols? Or the L word as in Ligga?
Jun 21, 4:57 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to SgtBateMan
Please! This kind of topic is annoying as hell. Keep your fetish to yourself. Present yourself to the law enforcers if you're unable to further contain it inside.
@SgtBateMan Your boyfriend Catalano wants to have sex with you again.
Jun 21, 5:13 AM

Oct 2015
As long as the West doesn't civilize Japan on this, they will keep pumping out barely concealed paedo material I'm afraid.
Jun 21, 5:17 AM

Aug 2021
I don't know L's age, but he must be young I think.

Jun 21, 5:22 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to FanofAction
@FanofAction

We'd better be talking about the lesbians Jesus Christ saved in Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Jun 21, 5:38 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to SmugMiri
@SgtBateMan Your boyfriend Catalano wants to have sex with you again.
@SmugMiri how could his Earthly desire be expressed by you, an anonymous bot? Tell me, I'd love to know, but I'm not going down onto my knees for it =))
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 21, 7:23 AM
Jul 2019
Just love lolis in Fiction but not in Real Life A.K.A a Predator XD
Jun 21, 7:48 AM

Feb 2023
Yeah, we're all allowed to talk about L here.

If you're talking about the other L word, I don't think the rules allow it.
ForgotEyeWasHereJun 21, 7:54 AM
Jun 21, 8:03 AM

Feb 2020
crazy comments as usual here on mal

Some people are afraid of a four letter word

Jun 21, 8:04 AM

Mar 2013
Controversial take:

Not to be weirdo but I think referring to all anime children as "lolis" is straight up...wrong? Why cannot children in anime just be children? Lolis to me have that connotation of sexuality that is not present in anime such as Barakamon, and I think it would be infinitely preferable to refer to sexualized children in anime as lolis (Ex. Chloe Einzbern from Fate) rather than as a blanket term for all children in anime regardless of being sexualized.

This is a child, her name is Anzu, and she is the greatest daughter in anime.
Jun 21, 10:58 AM

Jun 2024
Reply to PeripheralVision
Controversial take:

Not to be weirdo but I think referring to all anime children as "lolis" is straight up...wrong? Why cannot children in anime just be children? Lolis to me have that connotation of sexuality that is not present in anime such as Barakamon, and I think it would be infinitely preferable to refer to sexualized children in anime as lolis (Ex. Chloe Einzbern from Fate) rather than as a blanket term for all children in anime regardless of being sexualized.

This is a child, her name is Anzu, and she is the greatest daughter in anime.
@PeripheralVision Actually, you are right. I just call them little girls most of the time unless I'm being ironic.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » is there less demand for ecchi, hentai, sexual fanservice this days?

deg - 37 minutes ago

5 by Coaghim »»
41 seconds ago

» Why does MAL still use Romaji for Anime Titles When not even the japanese do??? ( 1 2 3 )

Cestlavie_ - Yesterday

119 by 3miL »»
5 minutes ago

» AMV HELL 8.5 Is Out

RareAnimeHunter - 10 hours ago

8 by RareAnimeHunter »»
7 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 26

95 by RareAnimeHunter »»
7 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

719 by ryzxgum »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.