Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 4:39 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Esrom334
manga readers dose rudy mom recover her memories?
@Esrom334 LN is the source material,not manga but if you really want to know

Jun 16, 4:46 PM

May 2008
I'm fucking broken. Get me out of this hell. This shit is not real.

I'm not crying you're crying.

Jun 16, 4:52 PM
Apr 2024
Well shit that was sad and awesome
Jun 16, 4:58 PM
Apr 2023
Just a insane overall episode
Jun 16, 5:05 PM
Sep 2021
Happy Fathers Day
Jun 16, 5:10 PM
Apr 2022
The episode was good, but anime makes the same mistake again
Jun 16, 5:17 PM
Jan 2019
Yo I may get hate from community here... but I must say I am dissapointed. Episode was one of best for this season, no doubt, but its just because season was boring(overall). No tension at all. The only moment resonated with me was when Rudy made up with his sister and Paul´s death. I understand that they have to stick to the source and probably thats the reason. I dont hate anime, I like it, and thats why I am dissapointed. I would like to have more fight scenes, epic scenes, with epic music. Something that gives goosebumps. I didnt get anything like that at all yet. I have question for LN readers... with as less spoils as possible.... are we gona get some badass Rudy dark epic scenes in future ? Something, like when he saved Sara back then, but more baddass.
Jun 16, 5:21 PM
May 2022
IzanaSolos said:
Here we go... the final battle.

Had high expectations going into this episode, especially because Bind brought their Avengers team for this one, so I knew the animation was going to be amazing, and it was. Anyway, I really don't blame them for retreating—they're obviously not ready. Paul was pretty much just blinded by the fact that Zenith was there. But at the same time, it's that same determination that Paul needed to inspire the others.

Hydra is CGI, as everyone expected. I mean, it's a nine-headed dragon where all the heads move at the same time. I doubt even Kaiju No.8 from this season could keep up a 2D form for that. But even so, the main action scenes were still incredible. And that scene where Rudy just said fuck it, went no magic, just fingers, and gouged out the dragon's eye—so tough man. Unfortunately, he did lose a hand. But the biggest loss of all... damn. I was spoiled, but even still, this hurts.

The thing about this is that at first, we were made to hate Paul, but as we kept going, the show made us empathize with and feel for him. And just like that, he's gone. The pain for Rudeus doesn't even stop there; granted, this was expected, but his own mom forgot how to speak... and if she can't speak, I'd bet that she doesn't even know who he is... Saved her, but at what cost.

To delay this episode by a week just so it could air on Father's Day... you're truly sick in the head Bind.

I believe the complete team from the first season could have handled a 2D hydra if they went down on the slice of life episodes like this team did, impeccable animation nonetheless
Jun 16, 5:21 PM
Feb 2021
absolute masterpiece episode.
Jun 16, 5:22 PM
Nov 2018
This is where the anime shines. Fantasy and just incredibly well done fights. I really enjoy their style of showing teh speed of sword combat.

Really well done.
Jun 16, 5:24 PM
May 2022
Embient said:
Btw why does Rudy still use incantations sometimes? Does it make it less mentally taxing to cast?
The animation during the fight is beautiful
WAIT WHAT WHY NOOOOO
Literally got goosebumps when they showed half of Paul's body laying like that
And that ending... Did Zenith really just lose all of her memories? Like, literally everything? Dear god T_T
Happy father's day everyone

Just so that his teammates know the spell he’s about to cast and be prepared for it
Jun 16, 5:26 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Grzana02
The episode was good, but anime makes the same mistake again
@Grzana02
EllifeinJun 16, 10:24 PM
Jun 16, 5:29 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to NomadeQ
Yo I may get hate from community here... but I must say I am dissapointed. Episode was one of best for this season, no doubt, but its just because season was boring(overall). No tension at all. The only moment resonated with me was when Rudy made up with his sister and Paul´s death. I understand that they have to stick to the source and probably thats the reason. I dont hate anime, I like it, and thats why I am dissapointed. I would like to have more fight scenes, epic scenes, with epic music. Something that gives goosebumps. I didnt get anything like that at all yet. I have question for LN readers... with as less spoils as possible.... are we gona get some badass Rudy dark epic scenes in future ? Something, like when he saved Sara back then, but more baddass.
@NomadeQ Well the series was never about epic fights but more about the main character development and telling the story of his new life, the fights are just the cherry on top.
If you care about fights mostly i can say that season 3 and 4 should be quite action packed and much better than what you experienced before (well it depends on how Bind actually animate them) but it should more than enough to satisfy you
EllifeinJun 16, 5:32 PM
Jun 16, 5:40 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to Ellifein
@NomadeQ Well the series was never about epic fights but more about the main character development and telling the story of his new life, the fights are just the cherry on top.
If you care about fights mostly i can say that season 3 and 4 should be quite action packed and much better than what you experienced before (well it depends on how Bind actually animate them) but it should more than enough to satisfy you
@Ellifein
I know it, and I get it. And that is why it is really shame. I remember a lot of shitty anime, generic ones, yet they managed to compensate poor story with one good scene with music that gives you "that" feeling. I miss this in Mushoku Tensei. But its just me ofc. I will keep high hopes for next seasons anyway! :) Thx for answer btw
Jun 16, 5:43 PM
Apr 2021
To think we never getting this wholesome visions in the future of this series :(

Jun 16, 5:44 PM
Mar 2023
technically I do love it I do love the flow of the drama. The ups and the downs, but did I want it to go down like that? No! reason why I dislike it !!!! everything was played out for his death the winning at the beginning it was all just set up perfectly to be ripped in half !!!!! it was all coming to it! Now I give it up to the team they know how to give a whole movie in 23 minutes. That is something I truly enjoy. Well to next time until we find out wtf happened to Zenith is it a curse? or did she get amnesia?
Jun 16, 5:46 PM

Apr 2022
holy sakuga fest, definitely the best battle in the entire series so far and the cgi wasn't too bad either. paul really popped off, shame what happened to him but damn to make matters even worse, it's not looking good for zenith. seems she got casca'd.
Jun 16, 5:55 PM

Jun 2019
Held my breath like I did in the EN LN. Luckily I didn't cry as much now.

Amazing episode.
Jun 16, 5:57 PM

Jun 2020
Reply to Homura24
@DeRickz come on man don't say that...
@Homura24 You know its true, this'll surely be developed in the next episodes

Also, stakes are higher now, i like it; i expected someone to die but not a permanent change to Rudeus (unless he just grows it back together through bs magic).
Jun 16, 6:03 PM
Mar 2022
I wasnt expecting to have an emotional breakdown after such an amazing fight.
Jun 16, 6:11 PM
Jan 2024
Delaying the episode one week for the Labyrinth arc was really just a disguise to have Paul's death occur on Father's Day.
IDKwhatonamemyseJun 16, 6:16 PM
Jun 16, 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
Lots of people here crying and grieving for Paul whereas I'm enjoying the hell out of this outcome. Paul was easily one of the most unbearable characters in the show so him dying actually makes me kinda happy. Now I can't wait to see the sadness parade that will be the next two episodes.

And well. As for this week's episode, I liked it quite a bit. Fight against the Hydra had some really cool combat sequences and the conclusion with Zenith waking up with some sort of mental regression just to mess up with MC's psyche even more was chef's kiss.
Jun 16, 6:16 PM

Oct 2023
RIP Paul

The silence, I can feel it too...

Now, let me guess. The 'regret' Hitogami referred previously would likely be Rudeus losing his right arm, not Paul's death.
Jun 16, 6:17 PM

Aug 2019
They totally cut the part explaining why was Paul able to cut the Hydra.
The second sword he was using was a magic item he found in the city bazaar. It was a dull sword unable to cut even meat. But Paul had a hunch that it might be a sword from a tale he read a long ago, and he was right. The sword ha an unique property, the harder the surface it cuts the sharper the blade gets. It's basically armor piercing.
Jun 16, 6:23 PM

Aug 2019
Reply to Gabu-sama
Damn, Hitogami wasn't kidding - going to the labyrinth resulted in the death of his beloved father and the "rescue" of his mother in a braindead state... only disappointment was gained from that decision.
@Gabu-sama i mean if he didnt go roxy would have died
Jun 16, 6:24 PM
Oct 2020
NomadeQ said:

The university arc was the longest slice-of-life arc, but to answer your question season 3 on onward is on a whole new level compared to anything in season 1 or 2
Jun 16, 6:25 PM
Nov 2019
The best direction of an episode of 2024
Jun 16, 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
Contender for Father of the Year?

RIP Paul. You will be missed by many.
Thank you for doing what a father should do, in the end.
o7

Ok, what magic BS has happened to Zenith??

Double whammy of feels on Fathers Day.
Jun 16, 6:34 PM

Jul 2013
Oh god that was painful. This episode peaked.
Jun 16, 6:35 PM
Apr 2021
I still think of why Rudeus start acting like there were done after leaving a last head, he was the most composed of all of the team, and what happened to the future eye? Why was he standing there not doing anything. Anyways this episode was a sad and by the end a felt empty after Paul death and Zenith brain washed.
Jun 16, 6:53 PM
Dec 2020
Absolutely a masterpiece, best mt episode so far, thx bind for making this possible.
It was perfect.
Jun 16, 6:54 PM

Jun 2020
The moment of silence from this episode really gave me goosebumps. The burst of hydra fire that Rudeus fends off really feels like classy action animation. Their struggle after leaving the dungeon was truly heartbreaking, because what they fought for had to be paid for with sacrifice.

Thanks to Paul and Rest in peace 🌹🌹
Jun 16, 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Paul may not have seen himself as the greatest father or role model but like any good dad he made sure that his son would live.

RIP, Paul. You may only be half the man you used to be, but you're still a real one.
Jun 16, 7:06 PM

Sep 2010
I didn't like that Paul was mad at Rudy when he didn't freak out like he did and that he said he should be willing to die to save Zenith. I mean Rudy left his pregnant wife at home and asking a child to die for his parent, that is backwards in my opinion. Do you think Zenith would have been happy if her son died for her? (If she would have remembered him). I never really like Paul all the much, so I guess I don't feel as much of an impact from his death. Still a very good episode.
Jun 16, 7:11 PM

May 2015
on Father's Day is crazy
Jun 16, 7:17 PM
Jan 2024
The best chapter ever
Jun 16, 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
Man, that was brutal... and on Father's Day wtf!

And I thought Zenith would have some kind of amnesia but this? Jesus Christ.
Jun 16, 7:23 PM

Dec 2020
thaaaaaaaaaaat toooooooooooooooook loooooooooooooong enooooooooooooooough

fantastic episode, even with
Jun 16, 7:25 PM
Feb 2024
best episode of the season
Jun 16, 7:37 PM
Aug 2019
An amazing episode. Really love that the writer is willing to throw such a huge gut punch.
Jun 16, 7:45 PM

Dec 2020
naaaaah fuuuuuuuuh... this one's sting is gonna last a bit
Jun 16, 7:52 PM
Apr 2024
This is one of those episodes that's so damn good, it makes up for the entirety of season 2's boring moments. Way to get bring back the hype! Looking forward to season 3!
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho
Jun 16, 8:01 PM

Apr 2019
Happy Father's Day everyone, Poor Rudeus can't get a break, lost his dad to rescue his mom only to find out she's not well, seems to lost the ability to speak, probably lost her memories too or something, no idea. Anyways, great episode, atleast Paul knows that they succeeded before he passed away, he knew he saved both his son and his wife in the end with the cost of his life.
JorovieJun 16, 8:06 PM
Jun 16, 8:09 PM

Aug 2017
Sadness and sorrow. Rip Paul.

Jun 16, 8:18 PM
May 2022
I feel empty and drained. This is so damned sad. For it to release on Father's day as well...

R.I.P. Paul, you will be missed.

When Rudeus realized his father died, I felt the sting that was meant to be portrayed so well. Everything about this episode... The CGI being good, the whole team being together in a dungeon for one last time, Rudeus having a real talk with his father before his death, him never being able to hear what his father wanted to tell him. And finally, the animation being at an all time high mixed with the INCREDIBLE voice acting in this episode. This might be top 3 episodes of all time.

I genuinely felt pain from this episode; I had a headache.

Happy Father's Day everyone.
Jun 16, 8:19 PM
Apr 2023
Really unfortunate. Part of me believes that they intentionally delayed the earlier episode so that this will be aired right near Father's day. But yeah, even anime-onlies like should've seen this coming. The ED sequence is hinting to this result and it was always hinted that it is Rudeus' turning point to step up and become their family's head. But for the record, Paul really gave his life and did his role as the man of his family.

P.S. In case you haven't seen it, the final illustration of the final volume of the source LN showed Rudeus' family including his 3 wives and their children and also his two mothers, Zenith and Lilya. That final illustration shows Zenith in a kind of lethargic and Paul not shown anywhere. This episode shows why that was the case, now that I think about it.
Jun 16, 8:20 PM
Nov 2021
R.I.P Paul Greyrat
Jun 16, 8:24 PM
May 2022
RIP Paul, He had always thought of himself as a failure of a father, but hes the best father anyone could ever ask for
Jun 16, 8:38 PM
Mar 2024
seguramente el mejor episodio de mushoku tensei hasta la fecha
Jun 16, 8:42 PM

Aug 2017
Rest in peace Paul : (
Even though he was reckless and hot headed, he saved his son. He died a legend. He will be missed greatly.
What a sad father's day. My heart goes out to the Greyrat family.
I'm glad that Zenith was saved but she lost her memories. She was now a former husk of who she was.
Rudeus looked very traumatized. Poor dude. Losing all of his loved ones.

Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jun 30

390 by Corrupteddrago »»
Yesterday, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ArimaKana - Jun 23

369 by TheOtherJN »»
Yesterday, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

MegamiRem - Jun 9

217 by TheOtherJN »»
Sep 26, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Would you also deny Aisha's request? (SPOILER episode 6) ( 1 2 )

Zarutaku - May 25

61 by Zarutaku »»
Sep 22, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21

194 by Ragnar00lobrock »»
Sep 21, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.