Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
Slow boring and stupid episode.. worst from all so far and their trading rules are also stupid since the start of anime now it showed..

they should just make her take wolf form, attack/scare some merchants then run to forest
town and church would buy every armor and organize hunt while she gets back in human form or invisible in wheat fields
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 29, 11:53 AM
May 2017
not fan of the end of the episode but the rest is ok
May 29, 3:27 PM

Dec 2019
DONT GIVE UP LAWRENCE, keep gambling!
May 30, 3:23 AM

Feb 2010
This was one painful episode in the original series, watching this is like reliving trauma holy crap.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 30, 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
The more episodes that passed, the more mediocre I think Lawrence is as a merchant. He likes to talk big but doesn't even have backup plans in case things don't go as planned smh.
And what's the damn point of having a Merchant Association if they refuse to help when one of its members is in need? Lawrence got scammed ffs. At least give him some info of which places he should go first...
May 30, 8:57 PM

Oct 2022
Really like how Lawrence is not stupidly overpowered and shows that he himself can be fooled as well instead of winning all the time, 100%
May 30, 10:14 PM

Dec 2022
It never gets old when Holo keeps teasing and tricking Lawrence every time :P
May 31, 5:38 PM

Feb 2016
I can't stand Lawrence, he thinks he is so cool, so wise, yet he only makes mistake after mistake, is annoying, and Holo isn't that much better.
Plus this is straight up boring, makes me feel so sleepy.
Time to drop this overhyped, lame ass trash.
2/10
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jun 1, 8:50 PM
Oct 2019
Damn they scammed my boy Lawrence.
Shit.

From happy flirting to depressing ass episode. God damn bruhh
Jun 2, 11:27 AM
Mar 2020
still not sure why this had to be re-adapted, unless they actually plan to adapt all of it this time. But I certainly dont mind watching Spice and Wolf again, especially with higher saturation and a little more shine
Jun 2, 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to fast2611
still not sure why this had to be re-adapted, unless they actually plan to adapt all of it this time. But I certainly dont mind watching Spice and Wolf again, especially with higher saturation and a little more shine
@fast2611 I still think it makes a lot of sense to do so. One volume was skipped in the original adaptation and there were some changes made in the anime that didn't follow the books. And the biggest thing like you stated, this adaptation is probably going to be a long-term one so it is better having a new audience that's following this version and building a fanbase out of that alongside older fans of the series than isolating them a bit by continuing the anime more than a decade since it last aired by just going on as normal.

Full Metal Panic sells pretty well as far as light novels go but Invisible Victory getting an anime after 13 years with a direct continuation while fine on paper, had absolutely no hype going for it whatsoever while airing due to the gigantic gap between the previous season and this one. Having an anime that has newer fans and older fans liking it plus building a platform for future seasons to air with better continuity makes a lot of sense to me.
Jun 2, 12:03 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to animejas
@fast2611 I still think it makes a lot of sense to do so. One volume was skipped in the original adaptation and there were some changes made in the anime that didn't follow the books. And the biggest thing like you stated, this adaptation is probably going to be a long-term one so it is better having a new audience that's following this version and building a fanbase out of that alongside older fans of the series than isolating them a bit by continuing the anime more than a decade since it last aired by just going on as normal.

Full Metal Panic sells pretty well as far as light novels go but Invisible Victory getting an anime after 13 years with a direct continuation while fine on paper, had absolutely no hype going for it whatsoever while airing due to the gigantic gap between the previous season and this one. Having an anime that has newer fans and older fans liking it plus building a platform for future seasons to air with better continuity makes a lot of sense to me.
@animejas Suppose I just dont have alot of faith that they will adapt significantly more then the old series?
But we'll see-
Jun 2, 12:21 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to fast2611
@animejas Suppose I just dont have alot of faith that they will adapt significantly more then the old series?
But we'll see-
@fast2611 Nah this definitely will, there is a hint to that in the first couple minutes of the very first episode of the remake. They would not just do a random Spice and Wolf season remake for no reason over a decade later, unless it is aimed at a proper full adaptation or at least covering a LOT more than just 5 volumes (with 1 skipped) which the original anime covered.
Jun 2, 4:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Yup, it seems like in one episode Lawrence's stock has gone to shit and not much can be done in a dire situation like this. I mean, two days for coimg out of bankrupcy is really tight, more so considering no person wants to give you a loan. To top it all off he snapped on Holo with instant regret.

Dooming scenario with a sliver line of hope.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 4, 2:17 PM

Feb 2011
I wish Lawrence would stop treating Holo like shit, she's so cute and deserves none of it

Jun 4, 8:27 PM

Nov 2023
Things have gotten dangerous, our poor Lawrence is risking losing his freedom.
The episode is perfectly adapted, and i envy those who are watching Spice and Wolf for the first time with this adaptation, it must be even more enjoyable. I remember that when i watched the old 2008 version, i often thought this work deserved better animation.
Jun 6, 2:17 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
In my opinion it was a bad day!!!
kekeke
Jun 8, 1:35 PM

Jun 2019
Man... that was very heavy to see all that fold in such a way. I teared up a little seeing Lawrence being so desperate for the money. It was so sad to see it happen like that. These kinds of things are normal in the market but it is also very heavy.

Poor Holo. I can understand everyone in this situation. Everyone's frustrated. Please, don't be mean to each other. You're the best couple.
Jun 11, 1:22 PM

Oct 2017
And just like that things can collapse very easily. The world is cruel. Everyone will be there for you in your happy days but very few will help in times of need.
Jun 12, 4:41 AM

May 2015
Just when things were looking up, Lawrence and Holo get put in a bind once more. The life of a merchant sure is a precarious one. I hope when it's all over Lawrence treats Holo to as many apples as she could want.
Jun 12, 5:37 AM

Jul 2017
The Rowen Merchant Association may be Lawrence's 2nd home, but whenever the Church does get involved, it can only spell trouble. And Lawrence getting his membership approved is only that first step.

Holo getting hit on by merchants is natural, though Lawrence would be too dense to ever protect her, much less being in the love triangle of between her and Nora. Holo enjoying her time with Lawrence is a sweet treat, even when Lawrence does risky business from time to time..such as reaching the Remerio Trading Company, which looks deserted from the outside. But the armour that he had from Latparron Trading Company which he's looking to sell, it has become dead weight which puts him in immense debt, it's all a set up.

To sign away his life, or let Rowen apply the debt on his behalf, Lawrence is in a very difficult position to do business, which is where the Wise Wolf steps in to help clear his debt. But the deadline of only 2 days to clear 47.75 Lumione coins, partners can help whenever they can, but Lawrence has to deal with this himself. A cheat within a cheat, but Lawrence is quickly losing patience in a city of running tight, he scrapes for scraps, leaving Holo worried for him. Asking for loans from partners in a God-believing city while having Holo, merchants just seem baffled at why he didn't just sell Holo away for the same amount of loan.

Lawrence has only himself to blame for being greedy on armour, not anticipating a market crash.
Jun 13, 9:27 PM
Feb 2014
Man this episode, 😐🫥I felt that.
Jun 15, 4:18 PM
Original Denjin

Nov 2008
You know, while was true that Holo definitely helped Lawrence out in previous engagements with merchants, I didn’t like how forceful she was this time, and insisting that she go with him.

And as we saw, it backfired right in there faces, especially Lawrence’s face, where he got a faceful of that water, and I hope to god there wasn’t waste water because that would’ve been disgusting if that was!

So yeah, looks like Lawrence was right this time for not wanting to have Holo go with him, otherwise, he might have been able to get the money loan to him that he needed. And like I said, I didn’t even like how forceful she was this time around when she insisted, and because of that, she went down a point or two in my book this episode.
Jun 17, 9:11 PM

Dec 2022
this part of the story is so painful, luckily this show is soft and cushy on the eyes and the ears to soften the blow
Jun 26, 5:19 PM
Dec 2013
Oh, if only she stayed at the inn in the first place, instead of walking around with him, he'd be out of this mess by now.
Jun 30, 2:06 AM
Mar 2020
Hard to see Lawrence getting turned away
Jul 2, 10:47 AM
Jan 2023
Damn, seems he got scammed pretty badly. I wonder how he's going to get out of this, and how Holo may be of help.

Yeah, things had to go bad with the business side of things eventually, does make things interesting for sure.
Jul 3, 12:30 AM

Jul 2023
previous adaptation was better tbh

Jul 25, 1:23 PM

Sep 2014
Holo is such a tease, but Lawrence makes a great fit for her.

He gambled and lost this time, ironic given his comments about frugality earlier. Should have just taken his profits and invested instead of taking on debt.

They should just give the church a reason for a crusade! Having a pagan god must be worth something.
Comander-07Jul 25, 1:45 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Aug 14, 9:33 AM
Jan 2018
Am I the only one who thinks those merchants are kinda scum for not helping him due to that petty reason they gave out?......
Aug 20, 6:08 PM
Apr 2023
High stakes for Lawrence. Potentially faces life in a debtor's prison or other hard labor if he now cannot pay back a significant amount of money to the trading company that purchased his debt from his armor supplier. Price of armor crashed and the company used it as a way to sell off their own debt.

The short deadline makes Lawrence resort to debasing himself to contacts in the city, attempting to borrow money and beg from other merchants.

A rift between Lawrence and Holo comes when a potential lender rejects Lawrence due to Holo's presence. He believes Lawrence is a married man, terrible with money but still trying to show off(?) his good fortune of marriage. This is in a time where I guess the two were seen as incompatible?
Aug 22, 11:18 AM
Mar 2019
I love Spice & Wolf.
Aug 30, 8:25 AM

Jul 2023
This was a very painful episode when I was watching the OG a few months back and it's so frustrating in this new anime.

What I love about this new adaptation is that the Church is no longer this abstract entity. As they talk about the Church, we see small cathedrals as well as a priest.
patkarununganAug 30, 8:41 AM
Aug 31, 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
Reply to HibiChika
not only did that two-faced boomer guild merchant have the gall to shamelessly waste valuable time through idle talk while withholding actually relevant f-ing info in the first place then doubled down playing pontius pilate but he also implied with a rather suggestive wink that pimping holo out is the loophole lawrence would need to exploit in order to make some quick money which makes this holier than thou town all the more infuriating. what a joke of a father figure. disgusting, repulsive even. deserves to be disowned by his sons.
@HibiChika Oh shiii I didn't realize dat :O

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 23

97 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
1 hour ago

» Where did this season end of at?

Cneq - 9 hours ago

3 by Piromysl »»
8 hours ago

» About the adaptation

TEMPEST_1 - Sep 16

28 by TEMPEST_1 »»
Yesterday, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 22

89 by anakpnana »»
Yesterday, 7:12 AM

» Season 2 Confirmation

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 23

16 by JizzyHitler »»
Yesterday, 2:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.