Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 11, 1:57 AM

Nov 2011
Ye, Shigaraki really is no pushover this season and he's shown it with his All For One. It's actually amazing how he's kept his level of consistency and overwhelmed her. It seems his goal was not to just defeat her but take her New Order quirk.

This episode felt more than just a fight but also a character study of Star and Stripe as a character. One hell of a fight and we got to see a lot of personality from Star and Stripe. She really represents what a pro hero is about.
May 11, 1:58 AM

Dec 2021
Shigaraki's super healing is even more ridiculously strong than the New Order quirk.

Back in the past, a youthful Star and Stripes shares moments with her comrades, reflecting on the confines of her strength under New Order. She questions whether it's due to her gender, yet her companions reassure her, affirming it's merely the nature of her Quirk. They encourage her to lean on them for support when necessary, advising her against measuring herself against All Might, as she possesses ample greatness to aspire toward him. The words resonate deeply within her, uplifting her spirits. Now, in the present, the Tiamat missiles glide towards the battlefield. Star directs the pilots to concentrate their lasers on "Shigaraki" as she readies herself to intercept the missiles.

One tiny positive for the heroes is that Shigaraki's healing wasn't strong enough to shield him from the missiles because he had to hide. That's something, at least. It's pretty satisfying to see even the composed AFO panicking. I expected Deku to be the one to push him to that point, but I won't complain. But now that Stars and Stripes is officially gone... how will America react to losing their top hero to a Japanese villain? Sure, AFO is terrifying and strong, but doesn't America have their own version of AFO or a League of Villains?

Even though Star and Stripes didn't really impact AFO, Class 1-A is a formidable force. They'll carry on that will, Stars.

May 11, 1:59 AM

May 2020
You can’t evoke emotions about someone just after throwing a 2 minute backstory sort of, and thinking that would be enough lol. Talking about star and stripe, sure she was powerful and all, but she can’t win against the plot. Shigaraki is fated to lose against one and only, so attacks could be as flashy and as impactful, but that’d take anyone nowhere. RIP Star and Stripe. Blame the author that he wrote you this way.

Of course Shigaraki has become even more uncontrollable after this, and would continue doing so. But don’t just go and blast houses of people like you did lol. Typical speech from All Might and these guys getting motivated.. overly motivated like usual aside, we’re again going for a “final” battle against AFO.

Final one… this time for sure.

May 11, 2:56 AM
May 2021
Yep so Star & Stripe is dead now, got introduced just to die straight away… yh was painful reading this in the manga. Disappointed wish we had more of her character.
May 11, 2:59 AM

Mar 2008
Why you gonna kill off a character as bad ass as Star and Stripe!? She fucked Shigaraki/All for One up. I haven't been this pumped up in a while.
May 11, 3:06 AM
Jul 2023
Even in her final moment, Star is still bad ass af.

Shame we only got her just for a while.
May 11, 3:31 AM

Jan 2009
rip mommy star and stripe you are amazing even with your short showing
May 11, 3:34 AM

May 2023
o7 star and stripe, just kill her like that? damn you horikoshi
May 11, 3:42 AM
Mar 2019
Plot aside, the episode looked pretty nice! Wish they could keep this level of animation throughout the season.
May 11, 3:46 AM
Sep 2016
The last scene with weak allmight smiling frantically is amazing and his spirit and legacy is the reason I love this show so much, feels good seeing him smile and being hopeful again.
From eggs to little chickens to fullbred heroes, what a journey it has been and I can't wait for what's in store next.
This anime is the most moving and hype to me, without a doubt.
May 11, 3:57 AM

Oct 2009
This should've been impactful but feels like a waste of a character tbh.
May 11, 4:00 AM

Apr 2022
jeez my guy is hideous. second episode and it's curtains for stars and stripes already, get wasted america.
May 11, 4:10 AM
Jan 2021
Wow, After just introducing a new powerful character, they just k!lled her off. Well, at least 'All 4 1' couldn't steal her quirk, New Order.
May 11, 5:03 AM
Dec 2022
Star and Stripe is the best since All Might! Hope her sacrifice is worth it.
May 11, 5:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Dramatic!
What? Star died? I don´t believe!!! 2 episodes full of action!!!
Well, the kids have a new opportunity to kill them.... seems the starts of the final battle!!!
kekeke
May 11, 5:34 AM

Feb 2021
I was spoiled about Star dying early a long time ago, but damn, she went out like a champ.
May 11, 5:35 AM
Nov 2022
Great episode with some great animation!

If they keep this level of adaptation up, this could easily become the best mha season, but we’ll have to wait and see.
May 11, 5:52 AM
Sep 2015
This Star and Stripe mini-arc is worth turning into a movie version, it's gonna be a big hit.
May 11, 5:53 AM

Nov 2009
Really getting sick of Tomura, he has way too much plot armor, he is very badly written and just overall annoying as hell. I never thought this show was particularly great but it was far from being bad. Overall i like it, but he ruins the whole anime for me now.
May 11, 5:53 AM

Feb 2020
Star and Stripe 😔✊
NerdasonMay 11, 12:50 PM
May 11, 5:54 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh boy, Mommy Star just been able to survive within one plus a little episode, death decaying, and ofc our lovely villain manage to escape since he sure have those thick armor. Well at least New Order was unable to get stolen, and most of his stolen quirks get lost. So its a fair trade after all.

Next episode gonna arrive to the kids screen time again, i miss their dynamics already, and those Momo and Ochako hairstyle tho. Looking forward to see the next...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 11, 5:58 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So Star really didn’t escape this battle alive, I was hoping she’d still be around but just without her quirk, but she’s sadly gone along with it. Despite this, I am very pleasantly surprised by the outcome of the battle, I thought this opening fight of the season was just there to make the villains even more op, but damn I didn’t expect Star to make such a savage move during her sacrifice by causing Shigaraki to essentially implode due to her own quirk destroying all the ones he’s taken so far, that was so awesome, Star was here for a very short time but she made such a great display.

This didn’t kill Shigaraki unfortunately, as I figured it wouldn’t, but this did at least delay Shigaraki’s body being completed and also keep them from using New Order, I’m sure this is gonna make a big difference in how the war goes, rip those unsuspecting villains that took the fall for Shigaraki tho lol. All this being said, I didn’t find Star’s death to be that upsetting as we kinda speedran her backstory and we just met her, but I still hate seeing her die because I would have liked more of an opportunity to get to know her character, and I also really enjoyed her time in the show, she made an impact for sure. Thankfully her high flying brothers survived tho, not sure if they’ll ever be relevant again but I’m glad they didn’t go out with her. Great start to this season, excited to see what’s beyond this opening act.
May 11, 6:03 AM
Oct 2019
NOOOOOOO!!! 2 episodes only and she is dead already?
Damn Shigaraki PLOT ARMOR IS TOO MUCH!!

o7
RIP Star and Stripe.
Mommy went out so fcking badass!!

The preview though... something up with Invisible Girl??? hmmmm...
May 11, 6:17 AM

Dec 2021
I don't see any excuse to not rate this higher than 1/10

When will this garbage even end?
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
May 11, 6:20 AM

Dec 2018
Stars and Stripes...what a glorious way to do things. I'm glad they don't play America dirty, but Endeavor could have ... wait nevermind she wrote that rulel far before. Smart woman, I wish we could have had a more ceremonious occasionn to remember her.
One other thing: As a leader I can see how countries would caccoon themselves, but wouldn't it be wiser to have the strongest stay at home while others go from place to place coordinating with the strongest in that country to smash the villains?
May 11, 6:24 AM

Dec 2018
Reply to IzanaSolos
Shigaraki's super healing is even more ridiculously strong than the New Order quirk.

Back in the past, a youthful Star and Stripes shares moments with her comrades, reflecting on the confines of her strength under New Order. She questions whether it's due to her gender, yet her companions reassure her, affirming it's merely the nature of her Quirk. They encourage her to lean on them for support when necessary, advising her against measuring herself against All Might, as she possesses ample greatness to aspire toward him. The words resonate deeply within her, uplifting her spirits. Now, in the present, the Tiamat missiles glide towards the battlefield. Star directs the pilots to concentrate their lasers on "Shigaraki" as she readies herself to intercept the missiles.

One tiny positive for the heroes is that Shigaraki's healing wasn't strong enough to shield him from the missiles because he had to hide. That's something, at least. It's pretty satisfying to see even the composed AFO panicking. I expected Deku to be the one to push him to that point, but I won't complain. But now that Stars and Stripes is officially gone... how will America react to losing their top hero to a Japanese villain? Sure, AFO is terrifying and strong, but doesn't America have their own version of AFO or a League of Villains?

Even though Star and Stripes didn't really impact AFO, Class 1-A is a formidable force. They'll carry on that will, Stars.
@IzanaSolos I mean, Amearica sent forces to help the Japanese so I doubt they'll be mad, but I think they did star and stripes dirty. Instead of all these recap episodes (which I liked but could have been done with an ONA I mean really, it's been so many seasons pretty sure we're on point) I would have liked to see more development for star and stripes but what disgusts me the most is that they throw obvious death flags right before killing her off. Just disgusting. The episode itself was nice though.
May 11, 6:36 AM
May 2017
Goodbye just another pro hero. I thought she'd get 4 ish eps but bones didn't milk this arc at all! Wow. Now the boring part of the season begins. Boring to me only. Every season's episode name background cover is interesting and I think I can tell what is this season's background supposed to be. Would probably be clearer around episode 20 ish.
I agree with the people, 2 eps ain't enough to feel anything for her. Her move was pretty epic, I'd say epicer in force than allmights.
But her quirk is so messy it's no fun.
Bones were smart to show her last eps not as a hype factor alone but also for people to be attached to her for 1½ year so I'm sure a lot of people feel her death and shortime even if it's 2 eps.
I disliked her quirk rules, the tomura loophole of it. I also disliked how tomura just sat in a hole and avoided 8 missile blast.
Why all this bam when there's no after shocks or damage. This fight so much big brain there was no boom boom with all those muscles on her.
I did loved when Allmight called Tomura Vilest villain. It needed to be said outloud cause people forget watching the show as both Deku and anime show tomuras side. What about the civilians suffering tomuras wrath! Then the toga bit was overkill, that's when I was brought out.
I looked for the episode for 1½ hr. Had to finally decide rawv. is the way to go.
May 11, 6:43 AM
Oct 2016
RIP Star and Stripes. She went out like a true hero. With a quirk like hers it would be too easy to beat All For One if she linked up with Deku. So naturally from a writing standpoint she would never even make it to Japan. Its a sad day, we only knew her for a short time but her contribution will always be noted. Lots of emotional moments as Star herself and the fighter pilots all realized what was going to happen. Star knew the inevitable so she thankfully set preparations in, those intercontinental missiles nearly did the job but Shigaraki was too smart. Decaying A hole underground for him to sneak into so the missile explosion didn't disintegrate him completely. Star making that rule that New Order will oppose other quirks was genius! Effectively making it a poison to All For One, destroying several of his stored up quirks, making this the biggest blow that All For One has taken thus far. Getting rid of a lot of quirks and buying the Japanese heroes more time, Star and Stripe has done much to help, now its up to the heroes to train up and stop the villains.
May 11, 6:45 AM
May 2016
Epic Conclusion to the fight, Shigaraki/All for One is really a smart fighter. Evading the bomb like this was a genius move.

BUT Star was way smarter, her action and her sacrifice is really one of the best plots in the serie.

A week is an important time to prepare for the main event, and Star gave it to them without hesitation.

Star was a really outstanding character, only 2 episodes of screentime and she gave us a good plot.
Her death is the 2nd best death in the serie after Nighteye's.

Can't wait for next episode. How would All for one retaliate? How would the heros and students prepare in this week? (I already know because I read the manga :p)
May 11, 6:46 AM
May 2016
Reply to HigherLvLThinker

HigherLvLThinker said:
Why are you still watching it?
May 11, 6:47 AM
May 2016
Reply to StateofOhayo
Stars and Stripes...what a glorious way to do things. I'm glad they don't play America dirty, but Endeavor could have ... wait nevermind she wrote that rulel far before. Smart woman, I wish we could have had a more ceremonious occasionn to remember her.
One other thing: As a leader I can see how countries would caccoon themselves, but wouldn't it be wiser to have the strongest stay at home while others go from place to place coordinating with the strongest in that country to smash the villains?
StateofOhayo said:
the strongest stay at home
one hero vs a sworm of villains?
May 11, 6:56 AM

Jun 2014
And there it is, Star's short-lived contribution to the series has come to an end. I don't have extensive knowledge of these details, so take this with a grain of salt, but I do remember Horikoshi a few years ago was dealing with a terrible editor who interfered with some creative choices in a bad way. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those moments that he had a hand in. Oh well, although it was brief, and controversial because of the quick turnaround between introducing her and killing her off, it was still badass to finally see this animated. Just wish Star didn't end up feeling so wasted, even if she was still fucking up Shiggy even in death. Looks like this is some good motivation for the kids though, so it's up to them to finish the job.

HigherLvLThinker said:

Dude is on the 7th season of a series they consider to be a 1/10. That's an insane commitment to hating 💀
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 11, 7:00 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to thebrentinator24
And there it is, Star's short-lived contribution to the series has come to an end. I don't have extensive knowledge of these details, so take this with a grain of salt, but I do remember Horikoshi a few years ago was dealing with a terrible editor who interfered with some creative choices in a bad way. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of those moments that he had a hand in. Oh well, although it was brief, and controversial because of the quick turnaround between introducing her and killing her off, it was still badass to finally see this animated. Just wish Star didn't end up feeling so wasted, even if she was still fucking up Shiggy even in death. Looks like this is some good motivation for the kids though, so it's up to them to finish the job.

HigherLvLThinker said:

Dude is on the 7th season of a series they consider to be a 1/10. That's an insane commitment to hating 💀
@thebrentinator24 Because I watch to kill time and rate everything 1/10
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
May 11, 7:03 AM
Aug 2020
you are a LEGEND STAR

this episode was amazing

better than what i was expecting when I read the manga!!!

ARIGATO
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 11, 7:35 AM
Feb 2020
For once I have seen a character use their power to the absolute maximum.
That can let me ignore all the other issues I have with the episode for now.
May 11, 7:36 AM
Jul 2021
Next episode is going to insane, based on the preview at the end of this ep. Can't wait to see Toru's full design in the anime.
May 11, 7:52 AM
Mar 2024
Nice animations and smart move from star and stripe.
May 11, 7:57 AM
Jul 2021
capitulazo!!! Excellent episode! chills, chills everywhere
May 11, 8:09 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Geez, Star & Stripe went full titan-mode on the metaphysical plane in her attempt to take down Shigaraki & All-for-One. But it still wan’t enough 😢

A pretty limited victory. She weakened Shigaraki enough to buy the Japanese heroes more time to prepare for the showdown. But her death convinced other countries to keep their heroes home in an attempt to protect themselves, even though he’ll come for them eventually (politics suck)
OhayotakuMay 11, 8:19 AM
May 11, 8:12 AM
May 2021
They did stars and stripe dirty..... she was so awesome and her quirk was op af but got killed in just 2 episodes bruh. I Would have been happy if author killed some annoying Classmates of deku instead of star and stripe lol. Well it was a banger episode anyways 🔥
May 11, 8:55 AM
Mar 2019
21 episodes? So now I wonder how much content will be left for S8
TheRealNinjanime
May 11, 9:01 AM
Mar 2015
Star goes down but takes part of Shigeraki with her
May 11, 9:12 AM

Dec 2023
Man, Star was a real one. I thought it was going to last a bit longer but that's All for One for you.

All for One would be the type of guy that would spoil an entire story just to inflict pain on you. Truly evil.
May 11, 9:21 AM
Jun 2020
The OST's in this episode were insane.
May 11, 9:36 AM
Jul 2020
HigherLvLThinker said:

Just stop watching it
And if its garbage to you why are you wasting your time on this?
May 11, 9:44 AM

Nov 2023
Sorry anime only watchers.

We already knew that star and stripe is the most wasted character in mha by far.

She had a powerful and key quirk. But she died too soon.

We should move on now, and focus on other villains too.

overall a done dirty episode for star.

I know people make promises all the time
Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife, now you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it
'Cause baby you're worth it
May 11, 9:44 AM

Feb 2014
It's a damn shame that Star was killed off so soon, as I was warming up to her pretty quickly. Still, at least she went out like a proper champ and at the very least, she was able to destroy a huge amount of quirks that Shigaraki/All For One had stored up.

The news about her death did mean that assistance outside of Japan is virtually non-existent, but she was able to render Shigaraki immobile for a week, which will help the heroes in Japan, namely the heroes of UA, to use this extra time to train up as much as possible.

The animation for this episode was also pretty good as well. So far, this has been a strong start to the 7th season of My Hero Academia. I do look forward to the inevitable showdown between the Heroes and Shigaraki's squad.
May 11, 9:54 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to HigherLvLThinker

@HigherLvLThinker Why are you watching when you don't like?
May 11, 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
this should have been the whole episode fighting, not killing star midway and having just chatting on the second half
and not just that... no.1 hero and they killed her in 2 episodes, like wtf
peak though, 9/10 for those reasons only
May 11, 10:24 AM
Nov 2016
This episode is pretty nice, I liked this fight way more in the anime, in the manga it wasn't that great but in the anime it's way more hype and more emotional.

That being said, Star and Stripe is a character that was introduced pretty late and thus, her death wasn't that important since we barely know her, her death was only used to make Shiga-Jesus weaker because let's be honest here, Shiga-Jesus is pretty damn OP and he won't die even if you throw a nuclear bomb on him and her death didn't even make him that weak because he's the same Shiga-Jesus in the manga, so the real reason for her death was only to delay Shiga-Jesus by a week.

I really don't like having Shiga-Jesus being this strong, it's kinda retarded.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8

84 by ess57 »»
Jun 12, 5:37 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1

72 by winddevil1 »»
Jun 11, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 18

97 by niknasr »»
Jun 11, 9:16 AM

» Where's Toru?

Arawg92 - Jun 9

21 by phantom346 »»
Jun 10, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25

90 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Jun 10, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.