Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 1:12 AM
Jan 2019
Episode is out early, not sure if Crunchyroll just decided to drop it or it leaked or what, just saw that it was out.

Personally thought it was a little mediocre, but to each their own, and it's exciting that something is dropping early no matter what it is. What do you think?
Mar 28, 2:33 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to merukomu11
Episode is out early, not sure if Crunchyroll just decided to drop it or it leaked or what, just saw that it was out.

Personally thought it was a little mediocre, but to each their own, and it's exciting that something is dropping early no matter what it is. What do you think?
@merukomu11 Very mediocre animation. Due to million studios making million animes nowadays,animation quality has gone to shitt. It literally looks like a cardboard paper drawing. 10 or 20 people decide to make a new studio and work on anime, if it works they get bumper profits, if it fails then those 20 people will shutdown the new studio and go back to big studio or freelance.Good Manga creators shouldnt allow anime adaptation with such bad studios or production budget !!
Mar 28, 2:37 AM
Jan 2019
Reply to gamibo
@merukomu11 Very mediocre animation. Due to million studios making million animes nowadays,animation quality has gone to shitt. It literally looks like a cardboard paper drawing. 10 or 20 people decide to make a new studio and work on anime, if it works they get bumper profits, if it fails then those 20 people will shutdown the new studio and go back to big studio or freelance.Good Manga creators shouldnt allow anime adaptation with such bad studios or production budget !!
@gamibo I mean the animation was not great but this is not some unknown new studio. This is Lidenfilms... I've seen better from Lidenfilms.
Mar 28, 6:53 AM

Jan 2023
Not to hate, the animation quality is fitting for this anime's story telling
Mar 28, 9:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It's always a gamble with the animation quality when Lidenfilms is involved.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 28, 10:00 AM
Sep 2021
Yeah, they've had some shows these last years that were actually decently animated imo, but this one doesn't seem to be one of them just by looking at the first episode. They have another show supposed to air during the spring season and another one during summer so maybe this show got the short end of the stick, but got to wait and see.
Mar 28, 10:02 AM
Sep 2022
Mediocre is a good word to describe it so far. I will likely drop it when better anime starts coming out.
Mar 28, 10:03 AM
May 2021
I am not sure what to say.... pretty average. Nothing stands out. I will give this 2-3 more episodes, If the games and characters do not impress me then easy drop
Mar 28, 10:59 AM

May 2021
i knew Lidenfilms would crumble somewhere with all the titles they picked up, but this looks so corny and plain. the animation and direction look so uninspiring. hope the 'ecchi' and the plot pull through.
Mar 28, 12:39 PM
Jan 2019
Reply to PotatoPower97
Yeah, they've had some shows these last years that were actually decently animated imo, but this one doesn't seem to be one of them just by looking at the first episode. They have another show supposed to air during the spring season and another one during summer so maybe this show got the short end of the stick, but got to wait and see.
@PotatoPower97 Yeah, I'm much more interested in their Tonari no Youkai-san adaptation, I checked out a bit of the manga and it looks fantastic.
Mar 28, 12:44 PM
Aug 2022
acceptable animation

mediocare plot its a weird mix of no game no life (in the games) and dragon ball (on the wish aspect)

the characters at least as of now werent something special but they can get better
Mar 28, 7:06 PM

Dec 2021
Novelist Sazane's second dive into generic fantasy feels like a mashup of No Game No Life and last year's Liar Liar.

The most exciting part of the episode was AliA's opening, though it was just okay.

"The Game of the Gods," a brain game devised by idle supreme beings, becomes the focal point. Rhese, a former goddess reawakened from a deep slumber, demands the best player of the era. Fei, hailed as the top rookie, is chosen for the challenge. The game is notoriously difficult, never before conquered in human history. Yet, amidst the whimsical, unpredictable gods, lies the thrill of wholehearted engagement. Thus begins the ultimate cerebral showdown between a prodigious gamer, a divine exile, and their companions.

This anime instantly falls into the realm of generic tropes. The concept of gaming feels overdone, with lackluster animation from LIDENFILMS. Everything else in the episode feels mundane, with some fan service as expected... they think that this'll save the anime. There's some generic stuff and unnecessary fan service. As for the game, it fails to actually grab me. Perhaps the next episodes, particularly when the "Gods Games" commence, will offer redemption. The CGI of the rock monster is passable, for now.

The only standout moment? CR's apparent leak.

Mar 28, 8:46 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah another Akari lead giving me such a good feeling. But this introduction of episode, leaking, to still dull to me especially by how the male mc act so far, it's not very enticing. Visual looking stiff as well, and nothing outstanding so far rather than just a bright color. Wishing the story decent at least but this first game bored me to death already, by how lame its all played out. Different orbits?

Tho there's a chance everything gets better and hopefully that boy doing more impression. Sooo i stake this anime onto my spring list.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 28, 9:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the premise seems interesting, not to mention

too bad the art quality isn't that good
Mar 28, 9:58 PM

Jul 2017
From Kei Sazane, the novelist of Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen a.k.a Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World, he has 3 shows in the pipeline this year: this show, alongside next season's Silver Link's Season 2 of Last Crusade and Project No. 9's Naze Boku no Sekai wo Dare mo Oboeteinainoka? a.k.a Why Does Nobody Remember Me in This World? in Summer, what a time to be alive watching generic fantasy shows in 2024.

In the Sacrament City of Ruin, this is MC Fay Theo Philus's return due to a god in the form on a girl stuck in permafrost wanting "the game era's best player", she's definitely a big threat to the Arcane Court, which houses her, and is in supervision of Fay with a brief from the Court's Chief Secretary Miranda, which he has to put on a show for her. And as luck would have it, the red-haired girl that he's looking for all this while: Leoleshea. And with a card game of Memories, the first game between Fay and Leoleshea begins as a way to get to know each other.

Leoleshea coming from the land of Elements, the playground of the Gods, giving humanity the power of Arise to play with gods, it's also part of a huge plot to venture the world undiscovered. But Fay soon realizes that this is not just a simple self-intro game of cards, and he comes clean towards Leoleshea of the Arcane Court's motive to court her to humanity's side. Though Leshea's motive is just to play the gods' games to return being a god, Fay is taken along for the ride as well into the gods' spiritual realms.

Thanks for the untimely leak, Crunchyroll.

Too bad that this show, like last Summer's Liar, Liar, is a poor imitation of No Game No Life. Even the characters feel like an imitation of Liar, Liar, especially with the usual black-haired MC and red-haired female MC, which the LN takes "heavy inspiration" from that series. Usual Kei Sazane generic uninspiredness.
Mar 29, 5:45 AM
Sep 2021
Nothing so special about this series, still interested to find out about this world, characters & all. Maybe there's some good game also, so I have hopped in.
Mar 29, 10:58 AM

Nov 2011
Seems CR has security problems this week with their leaks.

That being said, I'm not impressed by what was shown. The animation looks rough and the cast is barely tolerable so far. I'm actually even surprised this got an anime adaptaiton as this is one of the faster ones to do so in recent years. At least the premise sounds interesting, I guess? Not having high hopes for it tbh.

Leoleshea or whatever that girl's name has a personality that might take time to get used to...their first meeting feels underwhelming but hey, at least it's watchable.
Mar 29, 12:42 PM

Nov 2019
Quite a interesting concept im going to put on my brain hat for this anime :)
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
Apr 1, 7:09 AM
Jul 2023
soooooooooooo normal
Apr 1, 7:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was utterly bland and uninspired, did LIDENFILMS even try?

Watching this after Shuumatsu Train which had plenty of creativity only enhanced this lmao
Apr 1, 7:27 AM

Jul 2017
Not the biggest fan of being harsh with words but man this was dreadful to watch. Just so, so boring with concepts that are way overdone and not aged well, with visuals and direction that look and feel as terrible, uninspired and dull as it can get. Not the kind of premiere I appreciate in kicking off a fairly stacked Spring 2024 season. LIDENFILMS are just way too inconsistent in their catalogue of shows and this is definitely having lower-end vibes.
Apr 1, 7:35 AM
Mar 2024
Interessting Start let's see how good the following episodes are. :)
Apr 1, 7:44 AM

Apr 2022
what an awful start for a season
Apr 1, 7:47 AM
Mar 2021
it's not bad. I'll.give it 2 more episodes
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Sep 2016
im not watching another Liar Liar
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 1, 8:04 AM

Oct 2017
Kind of interesting, a super genius mc and he was trained by someone who looks like the fmc, her mom? Anyway Leshea's cute and Akarin's voicing her so if nothing else there's atleast that.
Apr 1, 8:21 AM
Jan 2024
The problem with most anime in recent times is poor adaptations. The animes have a good chance of being successful but stupid studios spoil the reputation. Well let's see if the animation gets better but me as an individual, Imma keep watching till the end.
Apr 1, 8:42 AM
Sep 2015
Ooh I love a low-stake game like this (yes I know this has high stake tag but I always consider game that doesn't risk player's life as low stake)

Reminds me of Liar Liar
Apr 1, 8:48 AM
Feb 2020
Lets hope that with minimal effort on this means Lidenfilms is focusing more on Tonari no Youkai san's production.
Apr 1, 9:14 AM
Aug 2019
Subpar. I feel like I kind of can predict most of the plot after just one episode. Animation isn’t great either.
Apr 1, 9:35 AM

Dec 2011
Geez.

If this show looks this meh in the first episode, I can't imagine how awful it'll be in the last lol
Apr 1, 11:45 AM
May 2023
can anyone explain why some get earlier views despite the anime only release today in Japan? just curious.
Apr 1, 12:15 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
No hopes for this at all considering how this first episode turned out to be. Guess I'll give it another episode and see what's what.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Apr 1, 1:16 PM
Mar 2024
It can be really ugly and stiff
Apr 1, 2:22 PM

May 2019
Yeah this anime also reminds me of Liar Liar from last summer and that one was ok but I'm hoping this one turns out better. Also I remember the other anime initially having an ecchi tag that was later removed so hopefully this one lives up to that at least.

Beyond that this one had a decent start and on a side note I liked Miranda's outfit.
Apr 1, 3:23 PM

Feb 2023
GangsterCat said:
im not watching another Liar Liar

So real! This one seems so mediocre and the current Ecchi tag seems very misleading.
Apr 1, 3:43 PM
Nov 2021
The first game was kinda unique and I have a feeling that this show will bring some good thinking into it. The System seems interesting too, only thing I didnt liked was the VA and the animation. I look forward for the next episode.
Apr 1, 3:49 PM

May 2015
Definitely liking the show so far. The games granting you powers so the humans have a fighting chance makes sense, but the reward for winning the games is that you could use them in the real world is interesting. It's survival of the smartest.
Apr 1, 4:43 PM

Jul 2014
Not gonna lie, I picked this one because Liar Liar was on my list but I never got to watch it and this one looked similar lol.

The episode itself was... okay? I don't know, I guess I like Leshea but not much else.
Apr 1, 4:48 PM

Sep 2023
Very generic indeed. I quite like Leshea but that's about it. Animation is underwhelming, art is bland and the plot is mediocre. I'll give it a few more episodes to see where the story goes and if it is worth continuing.
Apr 1, 4:59 PM

Aug 2022
This episode focused way too much on the rules of the card game and exposition galore. Not necessarily the worst thing ever, but it could have leaned far less on the jargon to ease your average viewer.

Ecchi? What ecchi? The "fanservice" in the episode was so tame for an "ecchi" show....
Apr 1, 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
We really need a 2nd season of no game no life
Apr 1, 5:49 PM
Feb 2024
Very bad anime. The storytelling is HORRIBLE and Nor are the attempts (very flawed, by the way) at humor save this "show". I wasted my time watching this
thi45Apr 1, 5:57 PM
Apr 1, 5:55 PM
Feb 2024
the animation is so bad 💀...
Apr 1, 5:55 PM

Sep 2011
I was so hyped about board games they were about to play.. But then they just ran away and joined fight with 3d monsters ._.
Apr 1, 6:13 PM
Mar 2022
I know that a lot of people disliked the first episode, but in my opinion it wasn’t that bad
Apr 1, 7:03 PM
Feb 2021
Este anime , el primer capítulo no me engancho pero veamos como va el siguiente , le dare una oportunidad
Apr 1, 7:13 PM
Jan 2024
good start although nothing special there but it's not boring
Apr 1, 7:36 PM

Aug 2019
Yeah this is pretty much exactly what I thought it was going to be just from reading the title and seeing some of the art, and I'm not really interested. Tbh I was kind of waiting for the episode to end like half-way through lol might stick around for another episode or two but probably not

Edit: This reminds me a ton of Liar Liar, which I hated so chances are this is getting dropped too

@StedevHD Creo te va dar una decepcion inmensa mas adelante 😅
AlkimiaApr 1, 7:44 PM
Apr 1, 10:53 PM

Aug 2017
Like others already stated it reminds me of Liar Liar, which I liked the premise of it way more but was way too rushed which resulted in it being bad, but this is just dull. The animation and story telling is subpar and you need to lure me with something less generic to impress me. I'm interested in what the high stakes exactly are here, what happens if you as a apostle lose all your games, do you lose your arise?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27

21 by tekkenshu7 »»
May 29, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20

21 by Jackson1333 »»
May 26, 11:21 AM

» What exactly are the high stakes?

Mocchi_is_sexy - May 14

14 by Otakodo_kumo »»
May 21, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13

13 by KANLen09 »»
May 18, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6

26 by yagami_kirizu »»
May 13, 5:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.