Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 14, 11:40 AM
Jul 2017
I spaced out with this anime bc of how boring it is so far. Have the high-stakes been mentioned so far? Afaik there isn't any danger in playing these games, right?

Edit: I didn't notice the use of "so far" in all 3 sentences lol. Happens for writing this right after finishing the 7th episode
Mocchi_is_sexyMay 14, 12:48 PM
May 14, 11:56 AM
Dec 2022
i don't really think their are any hy-stakes. expect for them getting any wish granted.

but i feel so sorry for those thousands and thousands of people (NPC'S) how has to pay for watching this horrible mess of a what ever the shit this so called games are.
May 14, 12:00 PM
May 2022
I started watching this one because I’m a sucker for high stakes game anime. I’m also wondering where the “high stakes” are.
May 14, 12:08 PM

Jan 2023
Reply to bl00dsp0rt
I started watching this one because I’m a sucker for high stakes game anime. I’m also wondering where the “high stakes” are.
That’s the funny part, there are none.
May 14, 12:56 PM
Jan 2023
ngl this anime has been a massive let down so far
I went into it only Knowing it was a anime about games vs gods so I thought it was gonna be like a mix between ror and ngnl but the only thing it took from ror was it's animation and it's nowhere near as good as ngnl with its games
May 14, 12:56 PM
Nov 2023
Sadly I agree with OP, the great character designs are wasted on such a tedious story. I dropped out after ep 5 😔
May 14, 1:04 PM
Nov 2018
Supposedly, if you win so many god games (in a row), you will be granted a wish. There's no high stakes. If you die in the game, you're safely teleported back. You're not even wrecked financially or put into service of the god you lost to. Even the games make no sense. I think out of all the episodes, I like episode 5 just because it dealt with cards. Even then, that episode wasn't any good.
May 14, 2:30 PM

Nov 2009
no real high stakes.

so far all the Gods are "GOOD", they made the system where no Humans can really get injured or hurt.

The people from the games that gets "killed" are in fact just teleported out of the game unharmed.

The only thing at stake here is... if the Gods starts to get bored, they might stop supporting the Humans as much.

And we already know in this series' world, their progression are all fast forwarded by the Gods, such as the beginning of the series when Leo pops out of the Ice and saying she's been trapped since Ice age and that it's only been 10,000-ish years...

(imagine how far of a distance our Real World Ice Age to Current age is, one that's cold enough to trap a God)

(also, there are still dinosaurs in this series world as shown in the beginning, they haven't died out) (tho, the Dinos might just be within God's Games and not in the normal world, they didn't clarify in the anime)

Humans themselves aren't that smart, everything is given by the Gods.

So losing Gods support will most likely mean the world will go down the drain fast.

That's why the world made it so God's Game is highest priority. Every government place it at the highest level and the players are all given high privileges. (including giving Leo a no-limit card that she literally buys out 3+ game shops.... that's how valued players are, especially if they're former Gods)

It's those players that keeps the world in balance, if the players fail, then the Gods will probably reset the world to find better players. Which means everyone dies.

In fact, we have no idea how Leo was actually trapped in that Ice from 10,000 years ago... she came down to the world that long ago in a human body, have she played any games back then? how many Humans played the games? and that was WAY before the current Technologies in the series era. So the Humans are most likely even stupider.

Which means there's a high chance that 10,000 years ago Humans lost and Leo got trapped in the Ice as a result of the world being reseted? (and dinosaurs were also brought back, since it "reset")

Also, as you know, once someone failed in God's Game (too many times), they're no longer allowed to play in the game against that God (or any Gods). Meaning there's an ACTUAL LIMIT... so if all of Humanity failed against one God, it's GAME OVER.

Imagine if that was the "High Stake".
amlgMay 14, 3:46 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 14, 7:00 PM

Aug 2015
Only thing is if lose 3 times your not allowed play anymore. which the gods would destroy humanity if no one win against them, they are gods after all they wouldn't think they can lose.
May 14, 9:21 PM
Mar 2019
if you watch the show you will see the high stakes, high stakes doesn't have to mean death.
May 15, 2:00 AM
Dec 2022
Kreshre said:
if you watch the show you will see the high stakes, high stakes doesn't have to mean death.

losing chance to participate in the game if lost three times.🥴
so it's just a fear of losing career , those are not high stakes, those are just normal people struggles iam sure that what people call that from where I com.
May 15, 8:18 AM
Jul 2017
Reply to Kreshre
@Kreshre High stakes can mean a devastating loss, not inly of life but also of other things (massive debt like Kakegurui, for example). In this anime not even that seems like a high stake bc no one seems too determined or passionate about their wish. There is no high stake
May 18, 12:16 AM
Oct 2015
thanks this is the thread I needed to see. dropped after episode 4. had a feeling this was going nowhere with no stakes.
TooLewdSenpai
May 18, 9:27 AM
Oct 2022
can someone tell me why they play gods game is there any reward
May 21, 2:45 AM
Apr 2023
Krish_Mahajan said:
can someone tell me why they play gods game is there any reward

This should have been a separate thread but here:
If any human wins ten of the god's games, they can get any wish(es) granted by the god. Other than that it's also for money and profit after winning so it's also for career and fame

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27

21 by tekkenshu7 »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 20

21 by Jackson1333 »»
May 26, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 13

13 by KANLen09 »»
May 18, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 6

26 by yagami_kirizu »»
May 13, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Kami wa Game ni Ueteiru. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29

16 by Groman »»
May 6, 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.