Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 8, 11:08 AM
Apr 2020
The second test is finally over after so many episodes with Frieren and Fern managing to defeat Frieren's replica despite having endured the biggest injuries we've seen from them. Lawine and the other dude weren't so lucky when Sense's replica ambushed them so had to drop out but a fair amount of people did manage to pass this test nonetheless. Looking forward to the penultimate episode of the season next week and wondering if the first class mage exam will finish with this season or continue onto the next. Would be a bit weird if the latter is the case.
Mar 8, 11:09 AM
Dec 2022
they are cooking a lot
Mar 8, 11:12 AM
Sep 2021
The 2nd test is successfully completed & the animation was also good. Excited for the next phase of the exam.
Mar 8, 11:13 AM

Apr 2018
The beginning of the today's episode had some very talented animators working on it. They can easily show their style in such fluid matters. This was so beautiful in every possible way. We've also got to know how absurd Ubel's thought process is. Sadly did not see any of the fights between Ferns replica or Denken. That would have been lit. But craziest part was surely Frierens replica using that kind of gravity attack against Fern. Her hair downwards is PEAK.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Mar 8, 11:17 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to Embient
Oh damn, I actually thought that the fight ended last episode. Nice!
This looks so beautiful wtf. There's literally a black hole.
Lawine and Richter noooo
8:23 Reelseiden isn't a real word. Maybe a combination or something.

9:48 Burg is castle

Ohhhhh, interesting. So magic is actually OP as hell, as in if you believe that you can defeat someone, you will. But common sense limits this. By this logic, crazy people would be the most dangerous of all. Does this make Übel crazy? idk. Really cool flashback.
No waaay, they can return.
20:22 "I don't recognize this attack as magic" I guess this supports what Sense said. "Recognizing", or being sure of/believing something is really important in magic.

A mimic, of course XD
Now (almost) everyone's a First-Class Mage! Thankfully no one died. To think that all this was just to be able to travel somewhere.
WAIT HOLUP THERE IS A THIRD EXAM. There are only 2 episodes left, so I guess it will be short.

Absolutely beautiful episode. They never miss.
@Embient reel means "reel", seiden means "silk" but you do not combine these to word to Reelseiden. The proper word is Rollenseide.
Mar 8, 11:19 AM
Jul 2022
phantomfandom said:
Sense talk so little yet think so much.

The battle is too much for YouTube's compression algorithm to handle.

I wish I could give this episode a masterpiece remark, but Stark missing all the fun doesn't sit well with me.

that happens in any anime though. theres always certain parts that certain characters cant take part in. you will see him in the future just enjoy frieren and fern for now. plus all the cool other mages (denkens my fav)
Mar 8, 11:20 AM
Sep 2015
It's a masterpiece, from start to finish.
Mar 8, 11:20 AM
Sep 2023
genuinely one of the greatest episodes of anime this decade
Mar 8, 11:25 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Übel is an anomaly
Her magic is non-newtonian, the realm of logic and apparent reality does not restrain it.
Her magic completely disregards anything of that sort. It's purely feelings-dependent. She already can copy other mage's spells as long as she can empathize with them. And now it turns out her cleaving magic, Reelseiden also has that illogical trait. As long as she can visualize herself cutting her target, it doesn't matter if it's a condensed layer of impenetrable shields, if she thinks she can cut it, she could. If she maintains an extreme level of narcissism and ego, she could convince herself to cut through anything. Theoretically, it's possible for her to gaslit herself enough to believe she could cut the fabrics of reality.
Übel's magic and her personality will guarantee her to be a prominent figure in the future. Honestly, she can ruin me. Also what kind of a dumbass put themselves in harm's way. That 1st class mage proctor in the last exam had it coming. Bro was so deluded in his impenetrable defence to not take into account magic that bypassed the realms of cold calculated logic.

The continuation of Frieren & Fern vs Replica Clone Frieren!
The animation was fluid, the visuals were flashy and vibrant, the OST was eargasmic and the sound effects were a considerable step up with more explosions and booms. The depiction of the Replica Clone Frieren as a nigh undefeatable opponent. Even after attacking it during its vulnerable window, it could still stand. And yet again, even after it lost both of its arms, it's still capable of utilizing some sort of emergency spell to push its opponent away from it. The height of magic is a befitting title for this episode's display of magic. This just made me even more curious to witness Frieren going all out and unleashing the culmination of a millennia-long training. This is but a glimpse of the supremacy she alone offers.

The gaze that the clone made in this scene is giving off cold murderous Frieren the slayer vibe 🥶🥶🥶

Mar 8, 11:30 AM

Nov 2020
So this is the pinnacle of anime❤️
Mar 8, 11:30 AM
May 2020
I don’t think Frieren is the best anime of all time, that’s some recency bias bullshit🗣️🔥; HOWEVER, this episode was amazing. 11/10
Mar 8, 11:31 AM
Jul 2018
The difference in power made me laugh tho

Average second class mage. Small strong spells

Frieren and her replica. Summon flames of hell the size of a building. Shit more insane than late game jrpg spells. No wonder the hero party won. Frieren isn t a 1 man army. She's a 1 man universe

Then fern incoming with a machine gun that makes stark from bleach (name pun not intended) look like a newbie

We've seen cute frieren, but seems hawt af frieren is also a thing. Seems her just releasing mana is enough to beat 1 of the strongest human mages lol

I am kinda annoyed we didnt see fern's replicate fight tho, shouldnt been awesome. Not sure how i feel about the ''comedy'' at the end, but seeing all the mimic chests opened, oh frie-chan
removed-userMar 8, 11:44 AM
Mar 8, 11:34 AM
Oct 2020
This episode shows Madhouse studio's prowess in adapting manga.
Mar 8, 11:35 AM

Jan 2011
after the terrible news of Toriyamas death, Frieren making my day better
Mar 8, 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
Lol that last shot in the treasure room with Frieren and Fern had 2 other mimics that were already opened and dead, meaning that in the short time frame before the group arrive, Frieren got trapped AT LEAST by THREE mimics in quick succession.
No wonder Fern is getting fed up with helping her LMAO.

Also Sense never let anyone successfully pass her tests before, but this time around it seems that 12 mages out of 18 passed, so that's a pretty impressively good ratio I'd say. I'd bet that whoever is in charge of the last test isn't expecting that kind of numbers.
ZefyrisMar 8, 12:39 PM
Mar 8, 11:37 AM
Sep 2023
FoodstampDayo said:
Another great episode of Free-run, so close to the end tho qq

lol I can't stand when people call it fry-rin
Mar 8, 11:38 AM
Feb 2019
Strangely, there are some people rating the episode with 1 or 2 or even 3 !!! people have you watched the episode or ?? it was a master piece ..
this was a masterpiece
Mar 8, 11:41 AM
Feb 2019
Strangely, there are some people rating the episode with 1 or 2 or even 3 !!! people have you watched the episode or ?? it was a master piece ..
this was a masterpiece
Mar 8, 11:42 AM
Feb 2019
this was a masterpiece
Mar 8, 11:44 AM

Apr 2022
Anime piqued and it's all downhill from here. Would love to see the second season prove me wrong, whenever it'd come.
Jul 2022
Oh crap, I have a tattoo planned on Frieren and Fern's staffs on my arms. Fern's Staff just broke into pieces, hey manga readers, is she getting a completely different staff?? Should I be worried? Please post in a spoiler of course.

Apr 2022
Reply to suomBlackheart
this was a masterpiece
@suomBlackheart FMA:B fans
Mar 8, 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to suomBlackheart
this was a masterpiece
@suomBlackheart Yeah I agree. I'm getting super tired of people overrating animation like jjk season 2 but this episode was absolutely f****** gorgeous and the non action parts were interesting 2.
Mar 8, 11:47 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to kuroneko99
  • The animation of the battle between Frieren vs Frieren clone is kind of too abstract, especially at the beginning of the episode.
  • There was no explanation for the magic Frieren clone used against Fern at the end of the battle. gravity control?
@kuroneko99
Its the pinnacle of magic which is still not explained fully in the manga, but as Fern explained, it couldnt be "recognized" as a spell at all and is not something mages can do.
(its called exposition)
About the animation, she was creating blackholes, and other shit, ofcourse its abstract.
Mar 8, 11:47 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to felixsifuri
Anime piqued and it's all downhill from here. Would love to see the second season prove me wrong, whenever it'd come.
@felixsifuri if s2 is announced it will be more peak then whole s1
Mar 8, 11:49 AM
Dec 2023
crazyyyyyyyyyyyy
Mar 8, 11:49 AM

Mar 2020
Reply to LeoDrago
Where to start? Animation? Perfect. Fight? Perfect. Music? Legendary.

Literally might be peak of S1 here. And the fact that we just got indirect confirmation that Fern is as strong as the demon king.

@LeoDrago Nope Fern is no where near the demon king lol.
She got the attack due to a large opening by Frieren and its something which only Frieren uses when "forced" or pushed to a corner. Its her Apex it seems.
So yeh.
Mar 8, 11:51 AM

May 2015
Wow, this was an incredible episode. Loved everything about it.
Mar 8, 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to felixsifuri
@felixsifuri this is a pretty funny coincidence because there was a pretty big discussion about FMAB yesterday on my discord.

That being said as someone who was a pretty big fan of FMA (I mean it's been so long I can't even remember everything) I'm actually happy we get another show that is close to the same level of FMA B. We need more shows like this but it's pretty rare nowadays
Mar 8, 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Reply to TrekkieNoob
FoodstampDayo said:
Another great episode of Free-run, so close to the end tho qq

lol I can't stand when people call it fry-rin
@TrekkieNoob Well, be me and feel super stupid calling it Free Eren for a long time lol
Mar 8, 12:09 PM

Nov 2020
Reply to Ventus_S
I like how anime add so much fight scenes compare to manga counterpart, like how Demon Slayer / Jujutsu add combat scene to make the show more exciting to watch than the source.

However, changing the combat choreography to this degree, coming up so many stuffs that didn't exist in the source create some inconsistency from the early part of the story.
Like , when fighting the dragon, if Frieren can summon huge Golem, she could have use this as sheer physical impact to easily beat the Dragon, but instead she treated as if Dragon is a threat to her because it has very high magic resistance.
Against Aura, if she can fight like that, she didn't need to wait for Aura to use the Scale of Obedience and just instantly kill her with magic.

I think the manga source is pretty contained when it comes to Frieren's capability, but in anime they kinda went overboard a bit for how ridiculous Frieren can be, making the early part of the story feel like Frieren was acting all this time in every fight scenes.
@Ventus_S you may be right but this will probably be a problem next season if the production quality is not maintained. As for the dragon and Aura:
-The spells shown in the manga could easily kill the Dragon, but Frieren wanted to let Stark prove himself.
-During the fight with Aura, Frieren says that last time she used a lot of destructive spells and Himmel was angry with her because she did not respect the bodies of the fallen knights, so this time she decided to choose a different method.
Mar 8, 12:09 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to felixsifuri
@felixsifuri maybe, even though I am a AMA:B fan .. but I could never give such an amazing episode a low rate !! but some fans do not accept that there are some new anime shows that deserve to shine
Mar 8, 12:10 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to removed-user
@suomBlackheart Yeah I agree. I'm getting super tired of people overrating animation like jjk season 2 but this episode was absolutely f****** gorgeous and the non action parts were interesting 2.
@FoodstampDayo finally someone speaking the truth
Mar 8, 12:11 PM
Feb 2019
Reply to removed-user
@FoodstampDayo finally someone speaking the truth
Mar 8, 12:13 PM

Apr 2022
Reply to Danpmss
@TrekkieNoob Well, be me and feel super stupid calling it Free Eren for a long time lol
@Danpmss you guys don't roll your r's when saying her name? English is not my native language so I can't imagine people pronouncing her name any differently than it originally is. Feels like such a tongue workout.
Mar 8, 12:18 PM

Feb 2008
OMG... Frieren is way more terrifying than I think I could have ever imagined. It makes you realize every fight we have seen up to this point was practically her using her pinky finger. Frieren just became a lot more intimidating to me than she already was. I feel like if Denken and his team had seen that fight, they probably would have been crying and thankful they didn't try to fight that clone head on XD.

On a side note, is Fern going to get a new staff? Her current one shattered into pieces.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Mar 8, 12:31 PM
Aug 2019
Infinity and beyond, absolute peak
Mar 8, 12:33 PM
Feb 2021
Reply to BlichoBoy
The test where Ubel killed the proctor, is just top level asinine. How do you even know what would be too much power to kill? And maybe is a crime use a dummy, or they are straight up idiots.

Clone Frieren be like "Okay, let's get serious. I'm gonna use The Force."
BlichoBoy said:
The test where Ubel killed the proctor, is just top level asinine. How do you even know what would be too much power to kill? And maybe is a crime use a dummy, or they are straight up idiots

As they say - rule "Not to kill" was added so participants restrict themself to not kill other test takers with some devastating AOE
Mar 8, 12:42 PM
Aug 2018
An epic conclusion to an intense battle! Also, what happened at the end? Guess we'll have to wait until next week!
Mar 8, 12:43 PM
May 2020
masterpiece madhouse, should have them take opm back atm 🌝
Mar 8, 12:43 PM
Aug 2017
"I can cut through anything I think I can" is literally how all of magic works in Terry Pratchett's Discworld, I can imagine there was som inspiration coming from his work here. He's an absolute titan of Fantasy and IMHO second only to Tolkien himself.
Mar 8, 12:49 PM

Jan 2021
Only Frieren can pull off the same joke again and again and make me laugh like a mad man. She went for the mimic strat. I swear she better get a mimic win at the very end of the series.

In all seriousness this episode was such a banger. Literally; explosions were everywhere the animation was popping off. Everyone got to battle. I'd only wish we got to see the fake Fern fight that lady. Looks like she stood her ground and I would have killed to see that fight.

As always can't wait to see the next episode.
Mar 8, 12:56 PM
Jan 2022
Absolutely perfect
Mar 8, 12:57 PM
Jun 2015
AWESOME EPPPPP OMG
Mar 8, 12:59 PM
Aug 2023
Animação incrível
Mar 8, 1:10 PM
Sep 2022
This ep was amazing. I'm rating this anime a 10/10 when it's over, though I wish it wouldn't end!!! Wonder how the third exam will only be two eps tho
Mar 8, 1:11 PM
Feb 2018
That was prob the coolest episode of anime I have ever seen. F****** flawless.
It was breathtaking, scary, beautiful and packed to the brim with story!

This show just cannot help but one up itself every godam episode!
Mar 8, 1:23 PM

Mar 2022
Just FOKIN 'ELL.

The manga did show it, but damn those animators know what they're doing.
In a world without love, death means nothing.
Mar 8, 1:34 PM

Dec 2022
woah i found it very funny Richter said "Who are you?"

anyway action wise this was as enjoyable as jujutsu kaisen like some scene i had repeat just to get a good shot of the animation by far the best animated episode in this series
Mar 8, 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
Ok so if Frieren is THAT strong why was she unable to kill that dragon easily and needed Stark's help? Thats the only thing that is bugging me on the show so far, other than that 10/10 episode and series 100%, Madhouse is INSANE
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Fern lift her boobs with levitation magic? ( 1 2 )

Cory0905 - Oct 16

56 by -DxP- »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16

312 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 2

282 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 17, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2023

257 by Gambolium »»
Oct 17, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 19

247 by DarkInsomnia57 »»
Oct 16, 8:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.