Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 3, 8:26 PM

Jun 2015
A1 Pictures never disappoints; they're really going to add extra things to flesh out the story. I still wish this was 24 episodes long.

My boy Kang Taeshek is voiced by MERUEM!!! 🤣
Read Toriko!
Mar 3, 9:44 PM

Jul 2021
A slow episode though thats to be expected with how much action we have been seeing over the course of this show. I did enjoy it though.

Its always nice seeing Cha shes an interesting girl i cant wait to learn more about. Ther eunion this episode is surprising as well. Most of the people we have seen comeback i thought would be left in the past but im happy its nice seeing them again especially Mr Song. Hes a great guy along with Jinwoo. Its also cool seeing Kim again even after what he did.

These prisoners seem like there gonna be trouble next episode i really hope that guy whos looking over them can keep them in check, he seems like a cool guy and i would be kinda sad if anything happened to him.

Mar 3, 10:55 PM

Jul 2009
Reply to Radical_Orion
Vedrun said:
I think it's pretty obvious by now that this Anime should best be binge-watched in order for the pacing to really make sense and the hook to actually catch, if you're an Anime-only person.

That's some pretty nice copium you got there! ;p hehe!
So now you need to binge a show to hide its mediocrity?
They should have released the whole thing at once then!
@Radical_Orion Love how you're just here to whine at this point lmao.
Bro... literally no one is forcing you to watch it. Go watch boku no pico or something maybe that's more up your alley.
VedrunMar 3, 11:00 PM
Mar 3, 11:35 PM

Jan 2017
This is nice. A reunion of the previous suicidal dungeon mission of Jinwoo lol. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen next!
Mar 3, 11:56 PM
Aug 2011
epic episode this weekend. looking forward to the next one
Mar 4, 12:26 AM
Oct 2020
Well this episode was underwhelming, hoped this would be a good episode because they took a week off, but the wait was wasted I'll say. As a anime only I hoped it'd be better
Mar 4, 1:19 AM
Dec 2022
Finally we are back from the recap of the previous episode. A two weeks wasted waiting for this. Now this will be a slow episode till we see Jinwoo goes for another dungeon raid.
Mar 4, 2:33 AM
Feb 2021
What a nothing burger episode honestly it was set up for set up like come one just show me more of the fucking story
Mar 4, 3:37 AM

May 2015
That blonde girl is really cute.
Mar 4, 4:25 AM
Feb 2021
recap on ep 7 is dumb
Mar 4, 5:11 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Hato
So what's the point of sending prisoners with B-rank "nanny", when you can just add this B-rank hunter to the party?
Hato said:
So what's the point of sending prisoners with B-rank "nanny", when you can just add this B-rank hunter to the party?

There are members quota requirements for entering gates. It's regulated by law.
Because they can't keep up with how fast gates spawn the Association is forced to recruit anyone they can to clear dungeons.
The "B-rank nanny" works for the Hunters Association and he's there to oversee the rehabilitation program, not to clear dungeons. That's the job of the guilds.
Mar 4, 9:21 AM
Sep 2014
joohee<3 looks perfect
Mar 4, 9:55 AM
May 2017
It amazes me, how could they come up with idea of having filler episode in 12ep season anime. Maybe it will be another one "lets make season one as trailer for season two, which will never happen because first one was lame".
Mar 4, 10:25 AM
Feb 2024
no need to explain aabout guild bozzo
Mar 4, 10:28 AM

Jul 2022
poop is about to go down man
Mar 4, 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
Joo-hee still didn't move on after what happened. She deeply cares about others well-being other than herself which makes her a B rank healer, a mere conjecture on my part; can't remember the criteria for the ranks. I hope she find the courage to fight and move on with her life, she's not really fit on hunter's life. Jin-Ho's exposition was unnecessary it was explained before and anyone got the gist on how hunters affect the world; it feels like they just add that to lengthen the episode. Also got no clue who's the guy who want to kill someone.

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Mar 4, 11:33 AM
Sep 2020
build-up episode, okay, it seems next one is gonna be a banger
Mar 4, 1:53 PM
Feb 2016
slow pacing, nothing really happened in the epsiode
Mar 4, 9:59 PM
Mar 2015
I'd turn back if I were you
Mar 5, 2:47 AM
Jan 2018
I don’t think I’ll ever get the appeal of webtoons, but I respect Korea’s effort in trying to catch up to the anime and manga industry! 🫡
Mar 5, 4:53 AM
Aug 2022
I don’t want to come out and say it, but I feel like I have no choice. Episode 8 was so boring. I’m crying, you guys. The webtoon is so fiineee, close to a masterpiece, the art is so good, the story so good and so on, but I’m starting to feel like the anime is going to fail to show it. I hope I’m wrong and that things would pick up in the next ep, but I felt that it was such a waste of time and space management with this episode. They could have made it a whole lot better and more interesting. I’m sad that it’s only 12 episodes. They should have made it a 24 eps so they’d have space for this sort of thing. As things hold now, I think they threw away 1 whole episode out the window. I was watching it at dawn before starting my day and I couldn’t help feeling agitated. Is this how it’s gonna be? Please don’t make it baaad. Sort of thing. I guess we’ll see. I gave it a 3/5, but it was honestly more like a 1/5. :( at least we got to see Cha.
Mar 5, 6:43 AM
Jul 2022
masterpiece anime. top anime
Mar 5, 11:33 AM

Apr 2022
This episode was more of a build up piece rather than a major step forward. I did find the fact that all of the people who survived the first situation Jinwoo was in have been regathered here. And the addition of the criminals is nerve-wracking.

In my opinion, with the exception of Jinwoo himself, the majority of the Solo Leveling cast is not really individually strong, so an episode like this--while necessary--is not going to be as memorable as some of the more noteable set-pieces the show has done up til now. That said, next week looks very promising.
Website | YouTube
Anime reviews, episode discussions, lists, and opinions.
Mar 5, 5:13 PM
Feb 2022
Absolutely fire so far.
Mar 5, 5:17 PM
Dec 2018
falou falou e não disse nada
Mar 5, 5:24 PM
May 2021
it was good build up
Mar 5, 6:23 PM
Dec 2019
Interesting episode, good changes from the original work
Mar 6, 12:11 AM

Jul 2021
I liked this episode trying to explain things and process what's happened so far.

But honestly the drama and the info dump was just serviceable; very "been there, done that." One guy lost an arm but keeps training to "give back to society." Some S-rankers that we don't know much about reminisce about a traumatic battle. A business guy wants to start a guild.

I'm kind of shocked that so many people took issue with the very fact that it slowed down at all. Do they want every episode to have a dungeon dive and epic fights??
Mar 6, 3:31 AM
May 2018
Only setup for next episode
Mar 6, 3:40 AM
Jul 2019
So bored with this anime, I could scream. It's just average in everything.

Averagely written (although this episode was badly written with long expositions about things we already knew), average animation, average characters (can't even remember the main character's name, don't care to), average plot, average, average, average.

If you've read the webtoon, you're probably enjoying it more than I am but, at this point, I'm giving it one more episode then dropping it. I'm watching it on double speed already so can't see wasting much more time on this.
Mar 6, 3:41 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to animejas
This was such a chore to watch, especially coming of a break last week. The characters just are nowhere near good or interesting enough from this episode to carry an exposition-heavy build of an episode, and even with what the anime original content was trying to add in some little ways, everything felt so dull to watch that there was just no impact in general. I don't mind series like these having exposition-heavy episodes, in fact in some cases, it helps a lot to build a world that is more than just the most generic setting imaginable. Just the execution here was sleep-inducing to sit through with some absurd stuff taking place too with the end there with the criminals being a part of the party in this raid lol.
@animejas It's really dreadful, isn't it?

Sure, I haven't read the webtoon, but I couldn't care less about anyone in the anime, and this episode put me to sleep.
Mar 6, 4:13 AM
Jan 2019
gets better each time
Mar 6, 5:41 AM
Feb 2015
The reunion of survivor of that eventful day. Their reaction of them seeing Sung Jin woo was not dissapointing at all. Interesting mix with the convict into the dungeon , won't be that peaceful with them and Jinwo. The thing is if the dungeon is according to his level will the dungeon leveled up to ? it will be messed up hurdle if that the case.
Mar 6, 9:36 AM

Jul 2019
"What could possibly go wrong?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looking forward to them accelarating the plot since it feels like we hit sort of a stalemate.
Mar 6, 9:38 AM

Jan 2008
The story is not exactly this shows strongest point, so having an entire episode on just exposition was such a bore to watch.

I like how Jin-Woo's face/chin is becoming longer and sharper each episode. It's almost as if his face is leveling up along side him. Soon he'll be able to use his chin as a weapon.
Mar 6, 9:55 AM
Jun 2012
Solid episode overall. Looking forward to what's next.
Mar 6, 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
Uuh, handsome-ish, strong and obligatory grumpy guy appeared. Cannot wait to see him in action.
Mar 6, 2:13 PM
Dec 2018
7.5 bullshit recap after just 7 episodes, what a waste of a weeks release.
Mar 6, 4:14 PM
Oct 2018
very good episode
Mar 7, 8:15 AM
Jan 2021
really good, can't wait for the next ep.
Mar 7, 8:41 PM
Jan 2024
not as good as the previous episodes
Mar 7, 10:14 PM
Sep 2021
what a boring episode nothing happened at all
Mar 7, 11:21 PM
Jul 2021
A slower bridge episode, still great in quality, and I don't have much to complain about it. The different factions are not that easy to track (and not interesting or differentiated enough to be memorable so far). But it's still good to see some back story for supporting characters.
Mar 8, 2:23 AM
Sep 2023
no according to manhwa, its filler
Mar 8, 2:43 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, I finally get to see Joo-Hee...😭
Still best girl.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 8, 7:58 PM
Aug 2013
how did they even make a show this bad
Mar 9, 4:54 AM
Mar 2015
What a boring episode, how to stretch out a bunch of dialogue, pacing is terrible
Mar 9, 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
With Jinwoo accepting Jinho's request to clear C-rank dungeon gates with 6 others, the two to clear 19 of those raids are defintely faster than hiring people. Cha Haein gets her own fanservice, with a scouting offer from Yoojin Construction as guild master, S-rank Hunters like her are hot property. As for Jinho, his reputation to build the guild with his father that could topple the current S-rank guilds, that is still an objective quite far to reach for now. And for Hunters like Chiyul who barely survived the ordeal with the statues, having to juggle his Hunter job with a family is quite the struggle, and this is the same for Joohee.

Of course, Haein chooses neurality to turn the offer down, and Baek being grabbed to clear Jeju Island's gates, it's a pressing issue for quite some time. Chiyul coincidentally meeting the new and evolved Jinwoo on his way to a dungeon, it's quite the reunion with the same surviving party members from the last time. And them joined by inspector Kang Taeshik of the Hunter's Association who is governing 3 substitute criminal Hunters, Chiyul resumes leadership of the 8-man party.

How will it turn out this time?
Mar 9, 10:34 AM
Jan 2024
The good is coming!
Mar 10, 9:02 AM
Jun 2017
They cut short todays fight by alot
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Season 2 will focused more on side charcter and explore the world 360

Hickykissy - May 10

30 by J2C »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20

345 by satyrelfheim »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

515 by satyrelfheim »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

398 by KcmcPro »»
Jun 10, 4:03 PM

» Are People Just Hate-Watching Now? ( 1 2 3 )

HyroSan - Feb 12

103 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 10, 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.