Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 27, 2023 2:17 AM
May 2021
This show never fails to amaze me in every way, I can't wait for the next episode of this series
Jan 27, 2023 7:04 AM

Sep 2020
I've gotta say, Thorfinn should be the last person asking what the point of life is. This dude literally abandoned his family for revenge. You could've had a life worth living. You could've gone back to the people that loved you, yet you chased some foolish revenge that you lost the meaning of. I can't really remember what happened after Askeladd died tbh but as long as we don't have edgy Thorfinn, I'm here for it.

Looks like Snake is going to be the Baji of Vinland saga. Twisted morals but a strong personality. He's defo going to be a fan favorite.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Jan 27, 2023 7:42 AM
May 2020
In my opinion this episode was good but wasnt a 5, because until this moment it was boring they just show us Thorfinn being a slave and working at the farm, but with this episode the action will begin i think.
Jan 27, 2023 11:00 AM

Apr 2020
 I didn't expect this... Thorfin's monologue just shows how defeated and directionless his current state is. Still just as badass too! 
Jan 27, 2023 11:28 AM
Feb 2021
Watching this alongside Vikings: Valhalla gets you to understand the real life history behind the Scandinavians and the English
Jan 27, 2023 11:42 AM

Sep 2017
Maaaan you can't end the episode there god damnit. This season is going to be so good. From an ignorant perspective this is such a badass move from Thronfinn but it's actually super fucking depressing.
Jan 27, 2023 1:38 PM
Dec 2022
Torfinn be getting scratched
Jan 27, 2023 8:16 PM
Feb 2013
gooooooooooooooooooooooood
Jan 27, 2023 8:23 PM

Oct 2021
Cifaki said:
The pacing is so damn slow.
welcome to real vinland saga
Jan 28, 2023 2:29 AM

May 2015
This Fox is really a horrible guy
Jan 28, 2023 5:17 AM

May 2015
FOX IS MIKE TYSON! :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 28, 2023 6:32 PM
Jul 2020
midland saga, I dont like the new Thorfinn
Jan 28, 2023 7:01 PM
Dec 2022
the story of peacefull king, starts right now
Jan 28, 2023 7:35 PM

Feb 2019
zurafart said:
I found out that some people who dont watch anime unless recommended to them are often smarter than those who watch more regularly, saying this because one friend of mine who watches anime more regular called this season a straight up slice of life, while the other who doesnt watch anime praised the direction and the production. 

That's because those who watches lots of anime just watch for the sake of watching not understanding the content. I have the same issue with my friends, that's why I rarely recommend any anime to them.
Jan 28, 2023 11:49 PM
Mar 2020
Really good episode 9/10
Jan 29, 2023 5:24 AM
Oct 2019
when the Fox cut Thorfinn ear it made me scream so loud, bruhh that scared the hell out of me.

is that Polnareff VA i'm hearing from Snake?
Jan 29, 2023 9:11 AM

Dec 2020
Snake is handsome asf. Can't wait for more interactions between Snake and Thorfinn!

And Thorfinn...damn. Taking all those hits without flinching. Will Einar bring this up later? I mean, a normal person cannot do this. It is pretty clear at this point that Thorfinn has at least some experience as a soldier/warrior.

Also, turns out that woman is a slave too.
Jan 29, 2023 11:27 AM
Jan 2021
This arc is boring, no war no politics no battle of wits only farming life. Also in first season every episode felt like it made great progress but this season everything seems so slow and filler like
Jan 29, 2023 11:44 AM
Mar 2019
One of the greatest anime i've ever seen
Jan 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
The premise of this episode was clear from the very beginning. Fox and Badger provoking Olmar to cut someone down, because that obviously makes a real man out of him. And nobody would be better suited for this kind of "ritual" than some slaves in the form of Thorfinn and Einar.

Olmar should be ashamed of himself. How can you be so pathetic? He got a life others would kill for and his dad seems like a really reasonable person. Still the only thing he can think about is becoming a warrior, joining an army and getting to war. Only childs have such a mindset, since they have absolutely no idea about the meaning behind all of this. His behavior reminds me to that of a very young Thorfinn at the beginning of season 1.

Thorfinn definitely has completely lost the sense for valuing his own life. Funny enough that Fox tried to teach him something about the way of a warrior. Don't make me laugh. No matter how often Thorfinn got cut and even after losing half of his ear, he didn't flinch or made any sound. I can't even describe in words how satisfying it was to see Snake punching the living shit out of Fox. Just from my first impression on Snake, it seems like that he'll play a bigger role. Eventually he will be able to awaken the still slumbering Thorfinn.

I'm super pumped for the next episode.

Jan 30, 2023 5:36 AM

Sep 2012
That chick ain't way out of Einar's reach after all, nice.
Was expecting Thorfinn to beat the shit out of them but he was willing to give up his life like that, damn. From the title of the next episode, I guess Thorfinn really don't remember his past. Next ep should be interesting.
Really enjoying this season so far, way better than the previous one imo.
Jan 30, 2023 11:28 AM
May 2022
holy shit, such an awesome episode. great pacing. had me engulfed into the story. loved it. one nit pick, the animation could've been a bit better. wit stuido would've handled it better. still, i loved the episode, the music and the storytelling. On Point.
Jan 30, 2023 7:52 PM
Jul 2021
epic awesome snake man
Feb 3, 2023 6:59 PM
Jul 2013
Bruh Too slow, glad I watched two eps in a row.
Feb 4, 2023 1:31 PM
Sep 2018
Great episode. Loving the slower pace and down-to-earth arc we are in right now. As someone who has not read the manga, seeing this progression is really satisfying and generally the beginning of this season has been awesome.
Feb 5, 2023 9:06 PM

Aug 2017
Olmar is really annoying. He has a good life ahead of him with the potential of inheriting his father's farm. But nooooo. This piece of shit wants to go to war instead and get himself killed. He's throwing away his future. And he missed his opportunity to go for a round 2 with that blonde girl. What a dumbass.
What infuriates me the most was that he almost got Thorfinn and Einar killed for something as ludicrous as killing someone. Poor Thorfinn. This man had to take cuts and a sliced ear off to free Einar from being "cut down." 

Feb 6, 2023 9:33 PM

Feb 2021
Bruh those guests are giving Olmar the wrong ideas.

So Arnheid is also a slave like them. I wonder what she means by 'personal attendant'.

Poor Thorfinn was probably having flashbacks about his time during the war. Bro, my man is depressed as hell. He doesn't wanna live no more. Bro didn't even flinch when that Fox bastard was giving him cuts all over his body and later cut part of his off.

Fox fucking deserved that punch. At least their boss, Snake seems to be a reasonable guy.

Feb 18, 2023 9:05 AM
Nov 2022
damn it do be getting better slowly but surely
Feb 25, 2023 8:15 AM

Dec 2018
This is so fucking boring. The Viking wars against England are one of the most exciting wars in human history, but this is just tedious as hell

Look at the tv show Vikings! Huge wars! Great battles! Awesome characters! Shieldmaidens!!! And most importantly lesbian kissing,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES 

This is just about slaves one loudmouth, and the other doesn't wanna live. How much fun they are!!   

Why no strong female warriors? There were a lot of strong girls that could fight amongst the Vikings. But this is just a sausage party   

Anime!! I want to see my shield maidens kick some ass, and I also demand some girl-on-girl kissing hehehehe,,, Fail to deliver and your stupid ass gets 2/10 in the end 

Be more like Vikings

Yuri-CrusaderFeb 25, 2023 11:40 AM
Feb 25, 2023 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
This episode started ramping things up again, it seems. I love how the writers are putting more weight on the super small things like just getting punched or non-fatal cuts when its such a stark contrast to everything in the last season. Brilliant.
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Feb 27, 2023 2:32 PM

Jan 2022
Sverkel is one of the best characters. A wise grandpa.
That punch was really scare. Einar is very insane when he is angry.
LAUGHT SAN! 
How are you?
Mar 28, 2023 12:48 AM
Jan 2023
this show is goated brah
Mar 29, 2023 8:59 AM
Jan 2018
Damn, sliced part of his ear off too….. Glad the boss came back and punched the closed eyes guys, dude had it coming lol
Apr 2, 2023 10:01 AM

Nov 2021
Now finally the real Thorfin aka True warrior Returns 🔥
What a Unfazed face and reaction
That's why he's the goat , the Goat🐐

Thorfin }⁠:⁠‑(
I m not in danger ...
I m the danger...
You guilty - look into my eyes ,feel the pain and suffering

This is where real fun begins guys...
this is what we have been waiting for🗿

Apr 22, 2023 4:49 PM
Apr 2023
this episode is pretty good, watching thorfinn give up on life and just being an absolute badass, hopefully we get to see him and snake fighting together :)
May 14, 2023 6:58 AM

Oct 2022
Damn.. Thorfinn endured the pain after his ear was sliced.
Jun 13, 2023 1:40 AM

Oct 2013
Nice, we've learned why Einar, despite originally living in Northern England, has Norse name. Not only him, but his sister had one as well. I like when such details are picked and explained later on.

Snake seems to be a really interesting character. He reminds me of Askeladd, or at least I feel similar energy when looking at him.

Thorfinn was pathetic. Just a shadow of his former self; or rather an empty shell. His bratty mug looked even more annoying when one of guards was literally mutilating him. I have seen various types of traumas. Same with how people's reaction have been like and how they have tried to deal with them. Thorfinn's reaction seemed to be not only overly dramatic, but most of all unrealistic in how depicted it was in the show. But that's just my opinion. For sure there will be more details regarding Thorfinn's mental state revealed later on, as well as information about what happened after the events from Season 1, but before Thorfinn has appeared on Ketil's farm.
Jul 10, 2023 1:36 PM
Aug 2022
Thorfin's giving me pain.

Aside from that, Einar's such a nerd lol, immediately attempts ratting out to the boss under any circumstance.
Jul 15, 2023 4:26 PM

Aug 2019
Why are you throwing a tantrum in front of everybody. You have to killed a person to become a man? That’s completely wrong in my perspective. Now, they’re going to target the slaves, stay away from Einar and Thorfinn.

Thorfinn has nightmares of his past :(

Einar you have a chance with her. She’s the master attendant. And of course, they’re going to pick them.

Thorfinn really could care less about being cut. It hurts a lot to see him like that, but he has completely lost his purpose for living. Thorfinn is completely empty :(
Aug 15, 2023 2:52 AM

Jul 2013
Damn Thorfinn just lost an ear, the top part of one at least and he don't even care. My man is depressed af
Aug 15, 2023 7:48 AM

Jun 2017
Olmar is a good kid(man? lol) Set his cowardice aside, I think the main reason he couldn't even slash Einar or Thorfinn was simply because killing innocent people is a sin.

God! I sure freaked out when a piece of Thorfinn's ear was cut off!😫

For his henchmen to be intimidated by Snake, I got this feeling he's a skilled warrior!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Sep 8, 2023 1:15 AM

Mar 2015
Assholes just being assholes. I really wish Snake took Fox's eye as punishment but meh.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 20, 2023 1:54 AM
Apr 2019
Great episode. Loved the face washing scene and how they portrayed Thorfinn's depression and PTSD.
Nov 11, 2023 7:00 AM

Nov 2010
I miss the days of having slave women as personal attendants. We need that system back. I honestly don't need a wife or a GF. All I need are attendants and sex slaves to make my life as comfortable as possible! Haha!

Thorfinn is so dead inside. I knew he'd have a hard time moving on after Askeladd's death. His fearlessness and tolerance to pain are admirable!
I can't believe that guy is the boss.
Dec 21, 2023 11:49 AM
Dec 2023
The start was not that captivating but as watch through the anime series will pull you in, and soon you will finish it without realizing it.
Jan 5, 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Thorfinn will finally find his balls again next episode.
Jan 29, 12:00 PM
Jun 2019
sweet sweet sweet Thorfinn is so lost
Mar 11, 7:52 AM

Mar 2016
The young Olnar is so naive and so easily influenced by these lazyasses, but it is to be expected from someone who knew so little. A boy pampered and sheltered his whole life...

Thorfinn be like:
"I am not in danger, Einar. I AM THE DANGER"
With a fuckton of lifeless depression
May 21, 2:28 PM

Jun 2015
Much better episode. As someone who used to be suicidal, I relate heavily with Throfinn here. Do we just live to eat, shit and sleep? Is it worth fearing losing that? Of course not, but everyone does. Everyone fears death.

Love the punch too. Beautifully animated.
Read Toriko!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2023

371 by Astiaz »»
Yesterday, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

490 by VibinRenji »»
Jun 1, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2023

376 by VibinRenji »»
Jun 1, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

20 by Mdraj6996 »»
May 30, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

380 by VibinRenji »»
May 27, 11:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.