Forum Settings
Forums

How much of your manga list can you remember?

New
Jan 27, 8:32 AM

Apr 2021
I read a lot of manga and I can describe plot of some in sentence or two, but for some I don't remember anything. I just remember reading it, but nothing more. Does that happen to other people?
Jan 27, 9:02 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah I guess it happens once you have read 1000+ manga. A bit memory refresh can be helpful. Like reading the first chapter can bring it back to mind.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Jan 27, 9:39 AM

Sep 2016
It really depends. If I enjoyed it, or the art is incredibly unique, I'll remember it. On the other hand, I've reread things in the past without even realizing I had read it prior until I go to mark it off on here. It's really hard to distinguish different series when I read so many one shots/super short stories. Sometimes it just takes a refresher though, like rereading the first chapter, getting a good look at the characters, etc.

I would totally recommend leaving yourself little summaries in the "notes" section of your manga or just things you liked/dislike about the manga. I've started doing it recently so I can remember the plot of stories better, even if it is just a one-liner that only I will understand.
Jan 27, 10:27 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Miyumi_Rose
It really depends. If I enjoyed it, or the art is incredibly unique, I'll remember it. On the other hand, I've reread things in the past without even realizing I had read it prior until I go to mark it off on here. It's really hard to distinguish different series when I read so many one shots/super short stories. Sometimes it just takes a refresher though, like rereading the first chapter, getting a good look at the characters, etc.

I would totally recommend leaving yourself little summaries in the "notes" section of your manga or just things you liked/dislike about the manga. I've started doing it recently so I can remember the plot of stories better, even if it is just a one-liner that only I will understand.
@Miyumi_Rose
Interesting idea. I'll start leaving notes on manga I read
Jan 27, 12:38 PM

Mar 2022
For me to be able to remember it there needs to be something unique about it art, plot, characters etc. I know remember the plots of 20 manga or so if I had to guess but the others I forgot all of it.
Jan 27, 7:49 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
I’m generally able to remember most of what I read, which granted I don’t have much on my manga list compared to my anime counterpart.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
Jan 27, 8:53 PM
Jan 2024
Everything because I only have psyren on my list lol
Jan 27, 10:16 PM

Aug 2010
I've been reading manga since 2005 and I read a lot of random shoujo oneshots/short series, so unless they're so impactful (which is not often) then I start to forget them over time. There are even ones I don't remember ever reading. I think I remember about half of it lol.
Jan 28, 12:45 AM

Jan 2023
I think I remember pretty well the plot of all mangas I really liked, but I do forget pretty quickly the plots of mangas I thought were not very good/interesting.
Jan 28, 3:10 AM

Jul 2022
All of it since the list is tiny atm.
Jan 29, 6:54 AM

Jun 2021
Manga has some mysticism on it. Every mangaka has some bits of it own "magic" on it. It happens purposely so we can experience it multiple times without getting tired of it.
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Jan 29, 7:10 AM

May 2021
This for sure feels different when you look back to what you've read years ago.

Don't know an exact number but I'm positive I don't remember much anymore of the ones I didn't put any scribbles/notes next to in my list, especially the ones from more than 1 year ago, bc they were less memorable and so less effort spent to read = faster forgotten

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

Feb 2, 7:49 AM

May 2020
Not a whole lot. Even for manga that I love, its hard for me to remember more than the outlines of the plot and characters. Although, this is also because my memory has never been that great in the first place. I also rarely re-read manga, so that contributes to my forgetfulness.
Feb 5, 12:20 AM
Oct 2013
I probably remember like 50% of the manga I've read just by the cover art, 75% by looking at the basic overview and description. If it's an isekai / reincarnation one that number goes down to like 20% though, all of the plots are too similar...
Feb 5, 12:37 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Mady3-2
I probably remember like 50% of the manga I've read just by the cover art, 75% by looking at the basic overview and description. If it's an isekai / reincarnation one that number goes down to like 20% though, all of the plots are too similar...
@Mady3-2 Same, I mostly remember manga by cover.
Feb 5, 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
I'd say I actually remember about 10% of what I read. Usually what I do remember is whether or not I enjoyed a series and not the actual plot. Now I don't know if this is because I read a lot or because I have poor memory, probably both.
Feb 5, 3:25 AM

Jun 2016
I like to look at my wall of manga and try to remember things about them. I would imagine with the stuff I didn't like enough to buy I don't remember them too clearly. I would say I could describe an outline of most of the manga I've read. There are some one shots and single volume series I would have more trouble with.
Feb 5, 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
For sure, especially some of the manga from 10+ years ago. Quality plays a part of that, too.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 7, 6:08 PM
Mar 2017
Over time anime I probably can't as so many (I may with a check again at them as the titles or characters and details may be fuzzy it had been that long) but manga I'd say with the physical ones I have (so few of certain series) and added to the list I can, but digital reading ones (more read this way and building up of adding to the list over time) I may or may not by name but by the images I may until I look again at the time/descriptions/my reviews or others reviews and go ah I remember that one.
Feb 15, 8:28 AM

Aug 2021
Maybe around 70%. My list isn't that big, after all.
Feb 21, 3:36 AM
Feb 2024
All of it since its only two manga. Akira and Goodnight Pun Pun.
Feb 26, 1:29 AM
Feb 2024
Most manga don't make enough of an impression for me to remember them for long. I Mostly just remembered manga I'm reading regularly or manga I rate an 8 or above.
Mar 7, 9:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I don't remember half the shit I've read 💀
May 1, 6:31 AM

Nov 2019
I am terrible at memorizing my list, I just like to read and not them down. A lot of what I read is pretty much the same stuff so it's hard to distinguish from one another.
Jun 21, 6:39 AM

Oct 2021
I'm able to tell what has happened most of the time, but not very detailed.
Jun 21, 6:41 AM

Jan 2024
I remember short ones more than the longer ones, unless it was something which I liked a lot

It's okay if you forget me.

Jun 22, 8:45 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah, i don't remember much of anything of ''Orange'' the Manga. I can tell, it was a good read so it must have been memoriable, but i just don't remember much of the story...
Jun 24, 12:17 PM

May 2024
I am quite relieved since I thought I was the only one? Perhaps it has to do with the Japanese names that don't stick with me

In my case, I can only rememember partial amounts of series or events in specific series? Which I expect is completely fine considering like many manga fans, we go through a ton of chapters daily.

But hey, if I truly enjoy a series, I am more likely to recall most of the experiences
I'm new!
Jun 24, 3:57 PM

Jun 2024
I can roughly remember those manga that I really like.
Jun 24, 4:34 PM

Feb 2020
Like virtually nothing lol, memory of anything in general is a big problem for me.
Writing notes about certain things that happened in them helps, but I think it's harder to remember Manga more than it is with Anime.
Jun 25, 12:35 AM
Dec 2020
I remember everything, call me young sheldon.
Jun 25, 12:34 PM

Mar 2020
My memory's already failing at what I'm currently reading since most of them are shitty power fantasies lmao
Jun 25, 1:50 PM

Sep 2017
Mostly everything I think, except for the NSFW stuff.
Jun 25, 8:50 PM

Jan 2012
Not much. I can remember the general plotlines of most manga that I've read, but when it comes to details I'm a bit lost. Especially character names.
Jun 29, 4:11 AM

Mar 2008
Not a whole lot unfortunately. It is even harder to remember than any other medium it seems for me except remembering art quality and overall impression
Jul 27, 10:16 AM
Jul 2024
I've been reading manga since 2005 and have read many random shoujo oneshots and short series. Unless they're particularly impactful (which isn't often), I tend to forget them over time. There are even some I don't remember reading at all. I think I remember about half of them.
Jul 28, 4:52 AM

Jun 2010
I can remember the outline of the stories but some series are not as impactful as others, so I tend to forget. If I re-read the first chapter, it will help to refresh my memory.
Jul 29, 7:40 PM

Sep 2020
Manga scored with 6 or higher are the ones I recommend
Jul 29, 7:53 PM

Oct 2017
haven't read much but in most cases the things i've read/dropped are absolutely forgettable and bad, all I remember is my annoyance, probably should start reading things that aren't bl, I have less trouble remembering those
"Let's visit the world of wonders"
Jul 29, 8:36 PM

Mar 2019
I remember very little, sometimes I find a manga to read on the internet and when I go to search here on the website it is already on my completed list and I didn't even remember that I had already read it haha.
Jul 29, 8:41 PM

Jul 2023
I forgot lot of them but if someone ask me then I can tell few of plot in that manga of my list other than I forgot most of them

Aug 15, 11:53 PM

Dec 2009
Ones I dislike or read very quickly I can completely forger, but fond ones I can remember.

Popular or one's I've reread or watched an anime, if not personal favorites I remember the most.
What helps is how I enjoy listing them into my favorites list blog, so that registers in my brain better than if I didn't. With it's picture and title.

I guess around 40-60% at best.
Not exactly off the top of my head, but throughout months... sorta.

Writing finale reviews helps a lot to memorize as well.
Although, my memory is mediocre, so if I didn't write a review, I only kinda remember how I felt. Although that's sometimes mixed in false memory from one or a few bad points of the manga. If not, I remember them fondly, or could remember most if I read my review.

More topics from this board

» Unusual Manga

spaceslut - Aug 20, 2022

27 by Flazzard »»
Yesterday, 2:50 PM

» What is a manga you want to be adapted

Idk5008 - Mar 3

21 by tmoverbeck »»
Yesterday, 2:11 PM

» What mangas are you sad that scanlators dropped

zkl - Feb 26

20 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 11:17 AM

» Recently Bought Manga, Mahnwa, Manhua, or Light Novels. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maora - Oct 24, 2008

6000 by Flazzard »»
Yesterday, 9:20 AM

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1145 by Saori_Shun »»
Yesterday, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.