Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 4, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Who would've thought. Powerful emotions can trigger even a spirits power.

This episode had a lot of emotions influenced by the past and present. They really took the ice power of the show to a new level though. That battle looked rough from the start and Pepesha knew the stakes.
Dec 4, 2023 7:51 AM

Feb 2020
Yet another very emotional episode.
Dec 4, 2023 9:12 AM

Jul 2021
So damn cheesy........ Gives Fairy Tail a run for its money.
Dec 4, 2023 9:23 AM

Jul 2017
Pepesha's life outside of the orphanage, her mum Letana is literally the Little Red Riding Hood who's struggling to stay alive with overrun debts, that overtime the pressure got too great to transfer her issues to Pepesha, which like any other kid, worries about their parents not having enough. But like the environment that stole everything from Letana, Pepesha could not fathom the idea of how reality has stolen everything from her, the living hell that she went through, now imitated by Tzveta to bring her into a life of evil. That is until Teru steps in to give her a glimmer of hope.

Tzveta's Amamaririku getting stronger as the emotion outburst, it pushes Teru to the limit. And yet, no matter how strong Tzveta is now, Teru understands because she has went through the exact episode with Iko before, now replicated between mother and daughter that she will not give up on Pepesha, just as now that she's fighting not just for herself.

The first fight between mother and daughter, it's time to put this to rest.
Dec 4, 2023 10:28 AM
May 2023
Last episode kinda lost me but this one brought me right back in. I was crying the whole first half. Definitely excited for the next episode
Dec 4, 2023 12:10 PM

Feb 2019
Amazing episode holy shit. They have really cooked with this Pepesha arc.

The flashback to her childhood was rough. Pepesha’s mom had to make the hard decisions that no parent should ever have to make. Deciding between you or your kid eating. Like the amazing mother she was, she of course made sure Pepesha ate, at the cost of her physical and mental well being. Behind on rent, struggling to just find the next meal, I can definitely see why a couple episodes ago she talked about the only time she was truly happy was as a child.

I’m sorry man. I know it was supposed to be emotional, but the random homeless dude coming up and pushing Pepesha’s mom off the bridge while calling her a rich bitch was unintentionally hilarious. It was just out of nowhere 💀

After all the times Pesha’s saved Teru, it’s time for Teru to pay her back. Coming to the rescue like that was awesome. They turned the animation quality up a notch in this ep, very good action scenes and the shot of Shy’s face while she’s engulfed in flames was pure awesomeness.

Now Pesha’s found her strength again. Comparing Shy to the small flame that kept her warm as a child was a beautiful message. Can’t wait to see the mother and daughter battle next week.

Really crazy how slept on this show is.
Marinate1016Dec 4, 2023 12:17 PM
Dec 4, 2023 12:30 PM

Jun 2012
Hope that old bum died alone from cold, and noone gave him single penny...
Dec 4, 2023 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
This was a heavy episode. I guess the season will end with the two resolving this family issue.
Dec 4, 2023 1:47 PM
Aug 2022
Pesha’s mum had such a sad life. It’s no wonder stigma could influence her so easily. Made me tear up a bit seeing her backstory.

Teru really popped of this episode.
Dec 4, 2023 3:11 PM

Dec 2013
It was already hard enough when Tzveta was planing to take her own life thinking it would give Pepesha a better life but getting killed right when she had just gained a little bit of hope is a low blow.
Dec 4, 2023 3:17 PM

May 2019
This was a pretty emotional episode with Pepesha's mom struggling to put food on the table. I don't recall mention of a father so I wonder if the mom was taken advantage of since she was probably naive coming out of the orphanage. Also, I thought Pepesha's mom dropped off Pepesha at the orphanage but the flashback indicated that she died. Lastly I noticed Shy's growth in this episode and she was pretty impressive in holding back Tzveta.
Dec 4, 2023 3:31 PM

Oct 2016
that was so emotional, i couldnt stop crying. Pepesha's backstory is so sad and her mum was doing everything she could to make her happy given their situation, going so far as to give up eating so Pepesha could. It was so sad when that homeless person killed her, over a complete misunderstanding after she just wanted to make her daughter happy.
Dec 4, 2023 3:59 PM

Jul 2015
Well, that was generic, sappy villain backstory.
Imagine being given a free cake.
During a recession.
In RUSSIA.
Where the hell is even the father? Did author even bothered to disclose it?
PiromyslDec 4, 2023 4:06 PM

Dec 4, 2023 4:02 PM
Nov 2022
This anime finally got good xd

I would dare say that it is the best episode of the season (obviously of this anime xddd).

Bruh, literally it is:
"Pepepsha's Origin Story"
- Born in an economic crisis
- Daughter of a single mother
- Extreme poverty
- Emotional instability
- Her mother dies
- Ends up in an orphanage
- Development of alcoholism in adulthood
- She is 27 years old and still has not overcome the trauma

"Teru's Origin Story"
- She is 14 years old
- She is a schoolgirl
- She is shy

.___________.
Dec 4, 2023 5:07 PM

Mar 2013
Reply to LuisSV23
This anime finally got good xd

I would dare say that it is the best episode of the season (obviously of this anime xddd).

Bruh, literally it is:
"Pepepsha's Origin Story"
- Born in an economic crisis
- Daughter of a single mother
- Extreme poverty
- Emotional instability
- Her mother dies
- Ends up in an orphanage
- Development of alcoholism in adulthood
- She is 27 years old and still has not overcome the trauma

"Teru's Origin Story"
- She is 14 years old
- She is a schoolgirl
- She is shy

.___________.
@LuisSV23 Dude there's a lot more to Teru than that but I'm not gonna spoil it.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Dec 4, 2023 6:22 PM
Mar 2020
The last episode was probably the best so far...until this one. I don't get how this show is rated so low. Seems like it's absolutely crushing it.
Dec 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Dec 2022
What an afwul person that homeless guy is....

Dec 4, 2023 7:10 PM

Oct 2022
Mama's backstory wasn't all that deep, but that shit was surely a lil too long tbh.... all that backstory time of the russian girl.
Dec 4, 2023 9:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
probably my favorite anime of the season

plus theres some good booty shots and her high heels are OP
EcchiGodMamsterDec 4, 2023 9:45 PM
Dec 4, 2023 10:09 PM

Nov 2022
Such an emotional episode.
Shy really shined this time! Go Shy and Pepesha! Get Pepesha's mama back from the darkness!
Dec 4, 2023 10:33 PM

Oct 2022
It just went from her leaving the orphanage, to her barely making end meet with her daughter. I would have liked to have seen a little of how she got there.
Dec 4, 2023 11:59 PM
Nov 2018
The episode absolutely pulled on my heart strings.
Dec 5, 2023 12:36 AM

Dec 2022
I liked the backstory, but they went overboard with it no need to be that depressing. The fight was solid. This hero show is giving me that magical girl show vibe where everything was good until it wasn't. Looking forward to seeing how everything goes next week.
Dec 5, 2023 12:57 AM

Nov 2022
She had a sad life.
No idea why that hobo felt entitled to get something from Pesha's mom.

My only question now is, if she died in the river that night, who left Pesha at the orphanage?
Dec 5, 2023 12:59 AM

Mar 2020
This anime continues to be such a peculiar one to me, and I mean that in a good way. On one hand, one could argue that some of the execution is a bit corny and cheesy, almost resembling a kids show, like Precure to some extent with the superhero fights, but on the other hand, the art direction and atmosphere, along with some of the themes, are actually quite gloomy and dark. I've been really taken aback by how good the art is, even if the animation and movement is rather limited. Along with the music, it really adds to the dark tone of Lenya's backstory.

A mother and daughter battle next episode! Should be another great one.
Dec 5, 2023 1:15 AM

Oct 2022
What a hard-hitting episode.

Tragedy strikes, and Pesha's mother is taken from her.

I appreciate the framing of the flashback sequence, which really added to conveying Pesha's mother's hope disappearing. Such a heartbreaking tale for a mother who just wanted to provide food and warmth to her daughter.

Dec 5, 2023 1:34 AM

Dec 2022
Man, this was so deep.... Fuck that old homeless bastard.
Dec 5, 2023 2:07 AM

Oct 2017
I was about to snack while watching the episode and then that backstory started. Stopped watching and even then couldn't swallow the food. Watching them not even able to eat proper food, that was heartbreaking.

So that was actually her mother after all it seems and not some clone or alike. Btw Shy's fire burnt bright this episode, girl did so great. Good to have Pepesha back on her feet as well.
Dec 5, 2023 2:25 AM

Jun 2021
What a sad backstory. A mother's sacrifices due to poverty is real.
Dec 5, 2023 3:12 AM

Oct 2022
A harsh episode to watch seeing how Pesha's mom had such a hard life after leaving the orphanage. I really enjoy how they used comic book frames so well to tell the story in this series because it adds that little extra to make the story stand out.

Shy came through the same way Pesha came through for her earlier in the series.
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 5, 2023 3:28 AM

Dec 2022
Another heavy episode. As expected, Tzveta and Pepesha's backstory was dark. That homeless guy could frozen to death somewhere for all I care.

The battle between Teru and Tzveta was fire. And she even lit a fire inside Pepesha. The next episode is gonna be epic.
Dec 5, 2023 3:48 AM
Sep 2021
Nice to see teru/shy taking up the spotlight and improving as a person/human being/hero
Dec 5, 2023 5:47 AM

Oct 2022
The audacity of that beggar to push her down, stealing her stuff like that and call her a rich bitch! Mf pos, it is not her fault that he is so pathetic.
Dec 5, 2023 6:08 AM

Dec 2022
Good episode.
I'm sure Shy and her will make everything work and I have to say the animation was good same with last episode beautiful ep.
Dec 5, 2023 7:02 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Finally a bit more dynamism in the fight scenes, big improvement from previous episodes. At last Shy decided to fight seriously and with resolve. The flame animations look good.

Biggest question is, what is Tzveta really? She now has the memories of Pepesha's mother, but what's that body of hers that was found frozen near the north pole? She also looks younger than she was at her moment of death, much shorter in height and more teenager looking face.
Dec 5, 2023 1:08 PM
Mar 2015
Pesha was finally able to tell her mother what she felt about her thanks to Shy
Dec 5, 2023 4:45 PM

Oct 2022
Damn that mom back story is just sad like man that was unfortunate...

Dec 5, 2023 7:22 PM

Apr 2023
All I'm gonna say is that listening to Shiny Girl now holds a new meaning. Fantastic episode, I'm glad they didn't focus on the comedy and instead they focused on the drama, my favorite episode so far.
Loved Shy's character development on this one, her talk no jutsu was reaaally strong.
Dec 5, 2023 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
I love Pepesha to death and I'm glad she's getting a whole arc for her, but are we gonna get a second core that actually cares about Teru?
Dec 6, 2023 12:39 AM

Dec 2018
Emotional episode, mom vs daughter coming up. What's with the black tears? Man, I totally get it with the recession and all, I had a hard time too but wow that one thug just tipped the balance. What a sad thing, I hope an ass whooping will help them reconcile. I do have one thing to add: she says she does it for the children but why then is she attacking an orphanage?
StateofOhayoDec 6, 2023 12:42 AM
Dec 6, 2023 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
Loved this episode, this episode made me glad that I didn't drop this earlier on, I love drama, best episode so far.
Dec 6, 2023 12:47 PM
Nov 2023
This one hit close to home. The blackening of the screen around Pepesha's mom was the perfect representation of depression. The reaction one has to this episode will show you who has really struggled in life and who is living easy mode on their parent's money. 10/10
Dec 6, 2023 9:06 PM

Mar 2008
Ah so Tzveta is Pepesha's mom afterall, not a copy. That's a pretty sad backstory.

For anyone that missed it I dont think the one guy wasnt trying to kill Pepesha's mom he was pushing her aside to get to her money thinking she was rich so he presumably could get food. He just happened to be careless enough to not check if she was okay.

StateofOhayo said:
Emotional episode, mom vs daughter coming up. What's with the black tears? Man, I totally get it with the recession and all, I had a hard time too but wow that one thug just tipped the balance. What a sad thing, I hope an ass whooping will help them reconcile. I do have one thing to add: she says she does it for the children but why then is she attacking an orphanage?

She isn't attacking it she is protecting it from the world by sealing it off. It's the only place she knew any semblance of happiness so she thinks if she keeps the kids there they can be happy forever.

fathandz said:
It just went from her leaving the orphanage, to her barely making end meet with her daughter. I would have liked to have seen a little of how she got there.

Assuming a current day timeline Pepesha would have been 6 years old during start of this since manga started publishing 2019 and she is 27.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Russian_financial_crisis

I assume there is some reason her father is left out of the picture for now maybe something to be revealed later.
Dec 7, 2023 12:55 AM

Apr 2015
Kufufu is really annoying.
Dec 7, 2023 4:42 PM

Mar 2018
awesome, its been a while since i've cried in a anime ep lol
Dec 8, 2023 6:34 PM

Feb 2023
Ok, that was good! That was really good!!! Ep. 9 had me concerned, but this episode was great! Still waiting for Shy to do the god slap from the OP...lol
Dec 10, 2023 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
Sooo, where was her dad?
Dec 11, 2023 7:55 AM

Jan 2021
does she thinks she's all might or smth fr...
Roxy

Dec 14, 2023 5:21 AM

Oct 2008
This episode in a nutshell: Tzveta: "Just who are you?!?" Shy: "I'm your elemental disadvantage you dork!" hahaha lolz!
5/5.

Dec 15, 2023 5:26 PM

Sep 2021
That episode almost made me cry. It actually reminds me of Irene's backstory from Fairy Tail. And while not as great, getting compared to one of, if not the best Anti-Villain origin story, is quite an accomplishment.

I wonder if Tzveta's story could've been even more fleshed out, regarding Pepesha's father and stuff. But maybe they didn't want it to get too dark, which is in line with both the previous episodes and the other works from Shonen Champion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shy Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

37 by Gabu-sama »»
Yesterday, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Shy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2023

122 by Apreggi »»
Jul 22, 10:15 PM

» Doblado o subtitulado?

0k_Cxz - Jul 3

12 by Andric123 »»
Jul 17, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shy Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

42 by waldy713 »»
Jul 3, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Shy Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2023

45 by waldy713 »»
Jul 2, 12:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.