Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 12, 2023 5:09 PM

Mar 2021
Reply to HoodCasual

@uchiha_yasso I have to rewatch the previous episode, but I think PKs have "bounties" that Pilgrims and NPCs can cash-in on. Pencilgon even mentions it as to why they wanna keep Sunraku out of Thirdrema. It's more than likely they'll get mobbed by everyone in town.
@HoodCasual You're right. They even mentioned in today's episode that the city is full of Bounty Hunters, which must be PK hunters. That helps explain why it was so important that they stopped Sunraku from entering town.
Nov 12, 2023 5:33 PM

Feb 2019
that was great that this episode ended with sanraku fighting the final boss, and they just sped through the second to ninth opponents. now, how will sanraku survive the 10th boss' attacks?

psyger-0 finally got her chance to "talk" to sanraku, although he only said one word to him as he used her as his springboard to get away from this PK players lol
Nov 12, 2023 6:06 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to HoodCasual

@uchiha_yasso I have to rewatch the previous episode, but I think PKs have "bounties" that Pilgrims and NPCs can cash-in on. Pencilgon even mentions it as to why they wanna keep Sunraku out of Thirdrema. It's more than likely they'll get mobbed by everyone in town.
@HoodCasual idk if that is a real thing, but I think Pencilgon wanted them out of town cause people would help someone getting killed even without bounty, but I hope there is a reward for hunting them.
Nov 12, 2023 6:22 PM

Jun 2016
I don't really get why he's complaining about his "slow leveling" so much.

While the time for him to see a pay-off is increased the overall stat growth should still be faster than it would have been without the collar thanks to the increased EXP requirement for higher levels (e.g. effectively "doing the level 30->31 grind twice" should still be faster than going from level 30 to 32) and his increased stats should enable him to take on monters which other players in his level can't which ofc. further increases the growth speed of his character.

There is essentially no real downside to that item. What was the stat growth rate multiplier again? 2.5? That means that he should have the character stats of a level 100 character somewhere between level 50 and 60. Unless there is a better version of it somewhere else or similar items are rather easy to obtain it's really no stretch to say that this is one of the most OP items one can imagine as it puts everyone else at an inherent disadvantage.
Nov 12, 2023 6:41 PM

Jan 2021
Good episode but probably my least favorite so far. Lot of the same stuff we saw in the last episode plus a rinse and repeat scenario of defeat this boss. I liked his explanations just wish we got to see more of the Rabbit world before he did.

I'll also give points for him not being an overpowered gamer and just one-shotting every boss. The one that took him 112 tries to defeat was hilarious.
Nov 12, 2023 6:59 PM
Oct 2022
@_Banky From a pure story-telling perspective, I think you'd be right to cut it down and have the same outcome, but to fit the game setting, I think 10 trials fits more appropriately than 2 or 3. The number might be even more justified depending on what he gets from completing the trial or if any methods of dodging or attacking the first 9 are relevant to beating the 9th or using a new item/ability gained from the trial.
Nov 12, 2023 7:00 PM
Apr 2023
Some good action this episode and Rei finally gets some small-talk done with Sunraku (very smalltalk xD).

I guess, once Sunraku's inhibitor collar is removed maybe there is some form of reward.
Nov 12, 2023 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
Emul drinking that potion looked so cute!

Also lol at menacing Sunraku.
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM
Nov 2019
berlatih melawan 10 pasukan monster dunia kelinci
My Candies :
Nov 12, 2023 8:26 PM

Mar 2007
I nearly had a heart attack, for a minute I thought the Rabbituza Boss was the final boss out of the 10, but it's some tree mage thing.
Nov 12, 2023 8:54 PM

May 2019
I can't believe that Sunraku was able to get away from the high level mob but he did have help from the blonde caster mage girl and Psyger-0 herself. So now he's in an arena and fighting the 10th and final boss (ngl, I also thought it was going to be Emul's dad, phew).
Nov 12, 2023 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
So we get the skip for those battles... 😕
While it can be said that it's unimportant, some of us still think it is, fortunately, they still showed the fun battle from that Toxic Bird at the end (Shangri-La Mini), it was actually a fun battle.

Then stalker girl strikes again. I don't know if I should feel creeped out or call her sweet... (because if a guy has done that to a girl, it's jail time, 🙃)
However, her personality is so endearing, that I can't not like her. Fortunately, the MC has a guaranteed heroine behind the scenes. That's great... if he's not dense. >_>
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Nov 12, 2023 11:30 PM

Jun 2021
Watched all the 7 episodes in One go and just couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Absolutely amazing, superb comedy to the point and the action I can not get enough of it. I also like the MC's costume. Before going in the anime, watching the poster I thought this game accepts hybrid species for avatar but then it was just a musk, lol.

And the game world with all that NPC behaviour, two things comes to my mind; this is an isekai in disguise another one is the story matches overgeared manhwa.

Just cant wait for the next episode.
And some of the end scene cuts, you dont want to miss them!
OP_RiderNov 12, 2023 11:33 PM
Yandere_@lover
Nov 13, 2023 1:00 AM
Sep 2021
Sunraku after his encounter with pencilgon battles tough monsters to improve in order to defeat her,
Nov 13, 2023 5:21 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to Noumu
I don't really get why he's complaining about his "slow leveling" so much.

While the time for him to see a pay-off is increased the overall stat growth should still be faster than it would have been without the collar thanks to the increased EXP requirement for higher levels (e.g. effectively "doing the level 30->31 grind twice" should still be faster than going from level 30 to 32) and his increased stats should enable him to take on monters which other players in his level can't which ofc. further increases the growth speed of his character.

There is essentially no real downside to that item. What was the stat growth rate multiplier again? 2.5? That means that he should have the character stats of a level 100 character somewhere between level 50 and 60. Unless there is a better version of it somewhere else or similar items are rather easy to obtain it's really no stretch to say that this is one of the most OP items one can imagine as it puts everyone else at an inherent disadvantage.
@Noumu The only minor issue is the general comparison to other things. While obviously he didn't seem to worry about fighting things over his level before the collar, knowing how much stronger something is is nice when going into fight. Fighting something 5 levels higher than your or 20 levels higher, gives him an idea of difficulty range. Now it's just gonna be like that forever since his level will be dwarfed and he will just use his skill and now extra stats to make up for it.
Nov 13, 2023 4:25 PM

Oct 2022
Sunraku is that type of gamer to beat every single game on geometry dash.

Nov 13, 2023 6:42 PM
Jun 2012
Doctrine of air superiority right here. 🦅
Nov 13, 2023 10:02 PM
Oct 2019
Their first interaction and he step on her LMAO

I always enjoy training arc in Anime.
Nov 14, 2023 8:23 AM
Dec 2022
always serves the finest meal .
iam gulping it up. such a asom anime
Nov 15, 2023 3:48 AM
Jun 2021
good phase in this episode
Nov 15, 2023 5:34 PM
Jul 2014
Noumu said:
Unless there is a better version of it somewhere else or similar items are rather easy to obtain it's really no stretch to say that this is one of the most OP items one can imagine as it puts everyone else at an inherent disadvantage.

My brother I had the exact same thought process! Even if one doesn't game much, it only takes primary level maths to realise that the Vorpal Collar is an OP item. From previous episodes, we can deduce that there are 20 or so stat points rewarded for each level up (I think less for earlier levels). Getting a 2x or 2.5x stat point multiplier is akin to putting on a special item that displays an illusion of a lower level than the actual level. Since Sunraku was only level 28/29 when he began wearing the item, mathematically speaking, he'll have the stats of a level 90-100 when he's level 60-70.

On that note, stats are seemingly the least influential for Sunraku since he's been using his experiences and skill to defeat lvl 70+ bosses.
Nov 16, 2023 12:57 AM

Jul 2017
IRL, Rei is always looking at Rakuro from afar and thinking about him, until the fated meeting in Shangri-La Frontier. But Animalia has her secret trump card to exact her final Insta-kill attack to leave her and Arthur gone, while Sunraku goes ahead to Thirdrema with the Attack Master Psyger-0 being thankful and grateful that he talked to her one bit. The fellow trash players converging in their chat group in their usual trash game, there's something suspicious about that. Finally, Sunraku tackling Rabituza's training arc, and right from the get-go, it's not the easiest.

After that short chat, Rei becomes more infatuated with Rakuro, though she can't exactly find him in Thirdrema, which even if Sunraku dies from penalties, it's always right back in the Vorpal Colosseum. The enemies in groups, somehow the Toxic Eagle proves Sunraku's toughest defeating it at his 112th try, being pooped in toxic birdshit lols. After 9 monsters, the bird player is still going strong, and Vysache was supposed to the the last boss, but the challenge amps against Lvl 120 Aberrant Woodsman for 5 minutes, a monster sighted for the first time where many players will only see it in the later stages of the game.

Sunraku in his training arc, would he come out alive?
Nov 16, 2023 10:29 PM
Oct 2018
He must have really hated that eagle that kept pooping on him.
Also, that girl with a crush on him is very into daydreaming about him.
Nov 17, 2023 5:05 AM
Oct 2021
Good episode, apparently Sunraku is a hard worker person
Nov 17, 2023 5:05 AM
Oct 2021
Good episode, apparently Sunraku is a hard worker person
Nov 17, 2023 11:43 AM

Apr 2011
Reply to Kimurah
All that buildup for the last 3 episodes to just solve it by using Psyger-0 as a trampoline and call it a day? What a scam.

For a show that allegedly works on agility tactics and pretty much real time blows, it awfully relies so often on large infodumps during the real action, such as Bestgirl throwing a long monologue on how her curse works, it feels more like a turn based RPG than an actual MMORPG. The author could have been more subtle and give her so time on the spotlight after the fight while she ponders on how her abilities work (that would also had served as proper background info about her).

A show with no stakes, no plotline, no character driven narrative that it's only praised for it's sakuga, it's now even reduced to being great in the 1 minute sakuga per episode that doesn't get padded with tons of worthless info (such as stalker girl repeating the same soliloqui) nor cheap animation recycling used as flashbacks/recaps.

@Tenzen12

Again this is game and game does game things. If it didn't, it would SAO.

For better or worse, SAO has left it's name in the anime world with several sequels and even spinoffs. This show won't be even remembered once it's over, specially seeing how each episode just gets worse and worse in terms of content.
@Kimurah SF might not get spin offs, or may not popularise whole genre, but evertime someone will ask for VRMMORPG anime recommendation this will be recommended as something that is much better along with Log Horizon and hopefull also still .Hack. Either way, I don't think being infamous for bland characters, lack any proper game mechanics and overall being thoroughly mid is something anyone would WANT to be remembered.

Nonetheless I was specifically referring lacking game design alone. I wasn't trying diss whole franchise (and I don't think GGO alternative deserve dissing anyway as it's actually pretty good, due being written by someone who actually knows what they are doing) until this post. It's you who me made launder dirty linen here and I hope it will stop right here too as nitpicking on boring shows is not something I enjoy.
Nov 17, 2023 11:49 AM

May 2021
Significantly more interesting episode than previous few. However I do not have the feeling he's OP in comparison to other players even though he's supposedly killing level 100 bosses or something.
Nov 18, 2023 5:19 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Tenzen12
@Kimurah SF might not get spin offs, or may not popularise whole genre, but evertime someone will ask for VRMMORPG anime recommendation this will be recommended as something that is much better along with Log Horizon and hopefull also still .Hack. Either way, I don't think being infamous for bland characters, lack any proper game mechanics and overall being thoroughly mid is something anyone would WANT to be remembered.

Nonetheless I was specifically referring lacking game design alone. I wasn't trying diss whole franchise (and I don't think GGO alternative deserve dissing anyway as it's actually pretty good, due being written by someone who actually knows what they are doing) until this post. It's you who me made launder dirty linen here and I hope it will stop right here too as nitpicking on boring shows is not something I enjoy.
@Tenzen12 How often do people ask for VRMMORPG recommendations? Like seriously, they are the least ones to get asked.

.Hack franchise is a great example of a show that looked way bigger than what it really was (smoke and mirrors from the defunct Bee Train studios) and nobody gives 2 rats about it these days.

Again, this show won't be remembered by general audiences once it's finished, just like .hack

"Either way, I don't think being infamous for bland characters, lack any proper game mechanics and overall being thoroughly mid is something anyone would WANT to be remembered."

This is a funny quote, because this is how Shangrila has been so far (minus the game mechanics, but that's something people in general don't care, specially over something more substancial like actual characterization or a bigger storyline.
Nov 18, 2023 6:15 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Kimurah
@Tenzen12 How often do people ask for VRMMORPG recommendations? Like seriously, they are the least ones to get asked.

.Hack franchise is a great example of a show that looked way bigger than what it really was (smoke and mirrors from the defunct Bee Train studios) and nobody gives 2 rats about it these days.

Again, this show won't be remembered by general audiences once it's finished, just like .hack

"Either way, I don't think being infamous for bland characters, lack any proper game mechanics and overall being thoroughly mid is something anyone would WANT to be remembered."

This is a funny quote, because this is how Shangrila has been so far (minus the game mechanics, but that's something people in general don't care, specially over something more substancial like actual characterization or a bigger storyline.
@Kimurah Sure if you can fool yourself into really thinking so, good for you.
Nov 19, 2023 4:11 AM
Nov 2023
Goku training segment lol
Nov 19, 2023 5:46 AM

Oct 2017
She's so in love lol. Hope she finds the courage to talk to him. Sunraku meanwhile is training hard.
Nov 19, 2023 8:17 AM

May 2015
Go to hell stupid pooping bird !
Nov 19, 2023 9:37 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
We've returned to Psyger's moment, the girl who harbors romantic feelings for the trash-loving enthusiast. Three cheers to 1-hit KOing Pencilgon. And with that, we're back to Rabittuza. Wouldn't blame Sunraku for staying there a long long time. Beats having to be swarmed by players.

This is some Spartan training in bunny land to fight a pack of them at once. This is Sunraku so none of that will trouble him, but imagine any normal player (aka the one that screenshot him) stumbling into that scenario.

How the tactical bird took 112 tries to beat his hilarious XD note bird poop is OP. Still, nice to hear the commentary from the various rounds. Topping it off with the tree mage makes perfect advantage of his agility-based set. I mean, he did last for a while against the legendary Fenrir but I don't know how long he should last after that. He is in the low 30s, but I guess he could live it out?
Nov 20, 2023 5:48 AM

Apr 2015
Rei's bit is getting on my nerves. I get that these past 7 episodes are basically a couple of days in real time, but if she likes MC that much why is she wasting so much time pointlessly following him around in VRMMO world. Just do something about it in school.
I guess there was an explanation for that somewhere but it's just frustrating to watch two supposedly important characters share one word of dialogue in seven episodes.
Nov 20, 2023 12:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
112 tries to kill the eagle!!!
kekeke
Nov 20, 2023 1:17 PM
Sep 2022
So far, its a good show overall. Almost rated it a 9 but I cant do that yet.
Nov 20, 2023 9:44 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to Tenzen12
@Kimurah Sure if you can fool yourself into really thinking so, good for you.
@Tenzen12

What do you mean fool myself? The tangible evidence that SAO has already had several sequels, and spinoffs with literally millions of people who already watched it and rated it is more than proof that SAO sells and IS STILL remembered years after. I don't even need to be a fan of SAO to point out this undoubtedly fact.

Heck, you didn't even address my legit question about how often are VRMMORPG recomendations being asked for. Or how .hack franchise is something that the modern average anime viewer has never even heard of.

For real, you probably would save face by not replying at all with this "nothing burger" kind of replies that address nothing but your blind fanboyism.
KimurahNov 20, 2023 9:50 PM
Nov 21, 2023 3:19 PM
Feb 2022
Sunraku tem os piores desafios, o Reino dos coelhos definitivamente não é fácil como parecia ser.
Nov 24, 2023 5:02 PM

Apr 2011
Reply to Kimurah
@Tenzen12

What do you mean fool myself? The tangible evidence that SAO has already had several sequels, and spinoffs with literally millions of people who already watched it and rated it is more than proof that SAO sells and IS STILL remembered years after. I don't even need to be a fan of SAO to point out this undoubtedly fact.

Heck, you didn't even address my legit question about how often are VRMMORPG recomendations being asked for. Or how .hack franchise is something that the modern average anime viewer has never even heard of.

For real, you probably would save face by not replying at all with this "nothing burger" kind of replies that address nothing but your blind fanboyism.
@Kimurah Again, problem is what it is rembered for and one of that spin-off you spoke of is author completely reworking whole thing from ground up (I do hope it worked for him). That should tell that even him know how much issues there is with SAO. Also people ask for such suggestion quite often.

Considering you completely ignore ALL issues that SAO has, you have no right criticise anyone for fanboying, but yes I am indeed big fan of SF. And I am pretty sure being fanboy of well crafted story is better then fanboying over mediocre one. Feel free to have last word.
Tenzen12Nov 24, 2023 5:07 PM
Nov 26, 2023 6:58 AM

May 2020
No, that's an unhealthy obsession. I mean if she’s this content after getting stepped on, think what would happen if she actually gets a chance to exchange words with invincible-kun.

Also, we know he would survive five minutes, so what's the suspense for?
Dec 4, 2023 1:06 AM

Dec 2013
This girl is an actual stalker. Let's see how long it takes her to have an actual conversation with the guy.

The bird monster taking over 100 tries is painful to even think about.
Dec 12, 2023 12:39 AM
Oct 2021
It was starting to feel stale waiting every week for nothing in particular but these arena battles felt really good. B+
Jan 22, 2:27 PM
Feb 3, 3:18 AM
May 2021
Sunraku is funny still haha
Feb 6, 4:56 AM
Oct 2023
Bagus banget ni anime
Feb 7, 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
nice episode on leveling up.

Rabbit is real cute.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 7, 8:08 AM

Sep 2017
Reply to Softhenic03
No, that's an unhealthy obsession. I mean if she’s this content after getting stepped on, think what would happen if she actually gets a chance to exchange words with invincible-kun.

@Softhenic03
Softhenic03 said:
dunno maybe he loses, but he may or may not win eventually

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 10, 3:58 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice Sunraku training against the different mobs, how much he struggled with the bird though lol, the wood boss looks hardcore now
Apr 17, 12:08 PM
Mar 2019
How did she get so strong that people fear her??
Jun 16, 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
Sunraku is experiencing a looooot of firsts for a new player of a game with more than 30 million players but ok. I'm glad they just showed a quick summary of the 8/10 of those battles.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 8, 2023

129 by romzanalimohon »»
Sep 25, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2023

199 by romzanalimohon »»
Sep 25, 12:06 AM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31

119 by oozukimaru »»
Sep 14, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3

52 by ShinyGzilla »»
Sep 11, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2023

107 by Survivor6960 »»
Sep 8, 6:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.