Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 13, 2023 12:51 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to lvlarcel
Everyone only talks about the dragon fight, but actually the animation of the whole episode was fucking awesome. All these creative angles and perspectives, the facial expressions and the smooth animation, it all was perfectly executed.
I really need to rewatch this episode
@lvlarcel I agree, especially the animation of Fern sitting at the bar. It was so good!
Oct 13, 2023 1:38 PM

Mar 2007
For a slice of life fantasy, this show has got it's moments with super sakuga fighting. That poor dragon. Wow.

And the last part where the whole city throws a parade to see her off 'because of her fame' once the Castellan found out who she was, priceless! Hahaha!
Oct 13, 2023 1:47 PM

Jan 2018
So far it's episode of the season and arguably of the entire year possibly
Oct 13, 2023 2:11 PM

Feb 2014
Just like his teacher, Stark was afraid when confronting the dragon, but just like with Eisen, that fear can carry you a long way. Those words of Eisen stayed in my head as the fight between Stark and the dragon began.

The animation quality for the whole fight was simply a sight to behold. Considering the staff list who worked for this episode, I'm not surprised that the fight itself looked incredible. Stark's training paid off as he won his fight against the dragon, earning some deserved praise from a delighted Frieren. She finally got her hands on the sussy spell book, which Fern used to reveal that Stark's "Mini-Stark" was small! XD

Fern's reactions throughout this episode contributed to the amusement factor that this episode offered as well, which makes me like her chemistry with Stark even more than before.

With that done, the trio were allowed through the barrier separating them from the northern lands. Now it feels like their adventure has truly begun, just like it did with Frieren and her old party all those years ago.

What a fantastic episode overall. Alongside the excellent animated fight from earlier, the character development for Stark here was also hugely satisfying. I'm simply loving this series more and more with each passing week. ^_^
Oct 13, 2023 2:29 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
That was a good way to ease us into Stark's character.

His relationship with his master, his devotion, the way his fear helped him train enough to unintentionally beat the dragon in a really well animated fight and his new interactions with his new companions. Frieren by the episode also comes off as goofier while Fern as a bit scarier even with her pout face. Good to know that there are still more than 20 episodes to go.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Oct 13, 2023 2:32 PM
Nov 2022
I liked that they didn't make Stark look like a coward, I also thought that he and Fern would have a bad relationship but it seems that's not the case.

Why wouldn't Frieren like the kind and celebratory treatment towards her? Is there something more or is it just mere shyness?
Oct 13, 2023 2:35 PM

Sep 2021
My eyes has been blessed! The budget for this series is insanely high
Goodnight, Punpun 
Oct 13, 2023 2:56 PM

Sep 2018
Laughed out loud reading the start of @ExemplarCayman review, first thing they write about is how the party don't understand the passage of time from an elves perception, you cannot be serious. Slight difference between confusion and slightly taken aback for a couple seconds (they literally smile in understanding right after, also has the dwarf trying to explain to her later on about it doesn't work like that). First fricking thing the write about, a load of nonsense. Just stopped reading right there, but there's loads of confusion and misunderstanding in this guys writing, really needs to be taken with a grain of salt. No doubt, he mentions a bunch of his fav works like all his other reviews, cause he hates competition and comparisons for his fav anime, a sign of insecurity.
Oct 13, 2023 3:36 PM

Jul 2022
What a great show. All I feel like doing is being part of this choir - DAMN, that animation.

*so small*
Oct 13, 2023 3:36 PM
Feb 2017
Another great episode. I'm just sad the dragon died. Like why the hell did they had to go and kill it, the dragon did nothing to them :(
Oct 13, 2023 3:55 PM

Sep 2018
How can something so "laid back" be so enthralling...?

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Oct 13, 2023 4:03 PM

Jun 2017
For how much Fern complains about useless spells she did learn that seeing through clothes one and even had a peek at Stark lmao. (their dynamic is absolutely fantastic btw)
Oct 13, 2023 4:12 PM

Oct 2017
I like that Stark is small, I felt represented in anime for the first time
Oct 13, 2023 4:16 PM

Feb 2020
Man the rotoscoping goes crazy man, shit was sick. Also, we actually got 2D DRAGONS FOR ONCE which is awesome.

I loved seeing Fern and Stark's interactions haha. Can't believe she actually called his dick small though lmao (he's just like me fr 😭)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2023 4:18 PM
Nov 2021
PEAKKKK!!!!!!!!
Oct 13, 2023 4:20 PM
Nov 2022
I am looking forward to watching the rest.
Oct 13, 2023 4:56 PM

Dec 2020
mushoku evergarden without the ecchi bs is amazing
Oct 13, 2023 5:10 PM
Oct 2022
Otro episodio que me encanto.
Oct 13, 2023 5:22 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Oh man what a great episode this was.

I loved how Stark, while afraid, steeled his resolve to beat the dragon. The fight was just beautifully well animated and it was hilarious how it took Stark a moment to realize that he did land the killing blow.

The rest of the episode was pretty nice too. With no one allowed past the checkpoint, Frieren was more than content with waiting, while Fern and Stark wanted to leave as soon as reasonably possible. I like the dialogue between the two and the bits of Stark and his relationship with Eisen.

All in all this episode does enough to flesh Stark out and what his goal ultimately is, and now that he's officially a part of the group, I'm sure he's bound to have many great stories to tell Eisen in the future.

I'm very much looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 13, 2023 5:49 PM
May 2017
Reply to KANLen09
Stark knows that he can't quite defeat the solar dragon, yet with the village pinning its hopes on him, the dragon too has a temperament of attack, and being labelled the hero of the village, he has a reputation to keep up. Fern on the other hand, can testify to her own experiences, that all she needed was resolve to protect those in need. The next day, Stark is gone, though Frieren wants to target the solar dragon once again, and he came back with his 30 seconds promise to defeat the dragon, just like how Eisen had feared from his experiences before. And the animation, it's pure 2D hand-drawn animation that showcases all of the talents of the animators that looks magnificently sleek. But little did Stark realize that he managed to defeat the solar dragon by himself, and all that Frieren cared for is the grimoire. And sure, Frieren made the Hero Party's journey fun and ridiculous, and that's the crux of that whole journey, as the trio bade farewell to the village.

Stark joining Frieren and Fern to the fortress city of Waal, both Stark and Fern still can't quite get used to each other well, apart from the small dick joke. Even the dessert that Stark had with Eisen that looked big, everything now looks small to him, but getting out of the town will take some know-how, which they both start by investigating the slums. Looking at the far lands from his past with Eisen, Stark has learned a lot about the dwarf, and carries on his legacy to do the same. Frieren being stalked by the guards, it was all a misunderstanding and understanding that she'd be granted access to the checkpoint to further go up north to the Demon King's palace.

h well Frieren, another time to research on your magic...
@KANLen09 There is 3DCG but the top quality one. The best 3DCG is the one you cannot distinguish.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Oct 13, 2023 6:21 PM

Apr 2022
holy fucking cinema! madhouse cooked, i expect them to be amazing but jesus chirst that's surpassing expectations. whole episode looked great, as usual, but the dragon fight was on a different level.
love to see the parallels between stark and eisen, his mini-speech about fear hit as well. we finally got our trio of frieren, fern and stark; onto the rest of the adventure.
Oct 13, 2023 6:53 PM

Feb 2019
It’s so nice seeing Madhouse back to their creative peak after all this time. The stark dragon fight was awe inspiring. Beautiful moment between he and Fern on the wall as well. This show just gets the human aspect so right. Can’t praise the author enough.

Why she have to cook my boy stark like that tho lmao. He’s a grower not a shower
Oct 13, 2023 6:56 PM
Oct 2016
I'm sure some people would that the first four episodes would be considered the introduction arc, since they all released at once and it covers a lot of backstory and character motivation, however I would argue that this sixth episode concludes the introduction arc of the story. We've gotten Frieren with her new traveling party all together. Stark introduction last episode was very comedic since he cowered over to Frieren and told the truth about his so called defeat of this dragon to protect the village. This episode we get to see more to Stark character, him opening up to Fern about how he feels towards Eisen. The recollection he shared to Fern about when Eisen brought him to that view when he was a kid made me tear up. Not lying about his fear towards fighting the dragon, trembling but still moving forward is a powerful action for Stark to take. The fight itself looked absolutely breathtaking, some of the best fight animation I've seen all year. Fluid as can be having such detail as Stark ran around the dragon and attempted to fight it. It looked so good the entire time. Stark taking out the dragon by himself even surprising himself. He's A very strong guy who kind of doesn't know his own strength. A heartfelt goodbye to Stark from the villagers now that the dragon is actually dead. The three of them now traveling together going to this next town which is locked down since things to the north aren't looking good. Stark is getting a crash course in Frieren idea of staying for a while isn't very relative to humans timeframes. Fern getting him to help find a way to leave this place was funny. Fern seems very disgusted by Stark in most scenes so I like her going to him for help to leave the town. Fern faces towards Stark continually made me laugh. Frieren being disappointed they have to leave now was very funny too. Making their own fun ridiculous adventure going north.
Oct 13, 2023 6:57 PM

Dec 2017
I'm really happy somebody in Japan decided to make the best anime of the year.
Oct 13, 2023 6:59 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to lvlarcel
Everyone only talks about the dragon fight, but actually the animation of the whole episode was fucking awesome. All these creative angles and perspectives, the facial expressions and the smooth animation, it all was perfectly executed.
I really need to rewatch this episode
@lvlarcel
lvlarcel said:

The pacing also, we went from build up to dragon fight and then chilling in town for the second half of the episode and it was all seamless. No feeling of things dragging, super smooth storytelling.
Oct 13, 2023 7:28 PM
Aug 2022
This show has great animation. Stark vs the red dragon was beautifully done.

This was kinda what I was hoping for which atelier Ryza. I went Into that expecting a show about a group who went travelling. But instead I got basically the opposite and I ended up finding it pretty bland.

This on the other hand is exactly what I wanted and I love it. It’s nowhere near my favourite thing airing this season it’s not even close. There’s way too many shows airing this season that I love more than this. But I can’t deny how great this show is.

Why’d fern have to call stark out like that using the magic that they got from the book 😂😂

Frieren’s face when she dropped the book towards the end was hilarious.

Excited to see where this show might go. As I’m actually in a rare case of not being spoiled about the upcoming events of a popular series.
Oct 13, 2023 7:28 PM
Nov 2019
stark berhasil mengalahkan naga sendirian dan melanjutkan perjalanan ke utara
My Candies :
Oct 13, 2023 7:42 PM

Dec 2019
Dragon fight was cool rest was boring lol
Oct 13, 2023 8:25 PM

Dec 2019
15:45 WOOOOW *handclap* WOAH WOW
Oct 13, 2023 8:29 PM
Oct 2023
im going to watch this anime soon
Oct 13, 2023 8:42 PM
Oct 2019
the ice cream that stark bought kinda tasty..
Oct 13, 2023 9:58 PM

Jun 2021
Can't get enough of this episode. I rewatch it and replayed certain scenes. The dragon fight animation was beyond expectation. Frieren after that was just adorable. And I love the start of Stark and Fern chemistry. These three have very good dynamics if you asked me. Frieren and her previous companions' silly and fun adventure will continue.
Oct 13, 2023 10:17 PM
Oct 2023
Someone tell stark size doesn't matter.
CookiiesnwolfOct 13, 2023 10:20 PM
Oct 13, 2023 10:19 PM
Apr 2021
There is so much conversation going on with the dragon fight (I 100% agree with how spectacular it was), but the second half of this episode is so underrated. It shows that time can be so cruel. Like how inflation can affect the ice cream stark ate, or how frieren doesn't mind to wait a few years while her pupils want to get out of the town asap, and the part where we get flashbacks from eisen and stark. Hope next episode will be fire!
Oct 13, 2023 10:50 PM

Nov 2017
Ok eps 6 recap is: fern > stark > frieren > dragon

Oct 13, 2023 11:02 PM

May 2015
This shows monster designs are all so gorgeous. Any of them would be fit for the final boss of a 12 episode isekai. Stark needs to give himself more credit. He's a great guy!
Oct 13, 2023 11:22 PM

Aug 2023
Can any manga reader tell me how many chapters are MH adapting per episode? and how chapters long is next arc and how many episode we can expect for that arc
Oct 13, 2023 11:26 PM
Feb 2022
Battle scene-nya jor-joran :v
Oct 13, 2023 11:43 PM
Mar 2013
I had brushed this off thinking it's a boring Slice of Life anime, how wrong was I! it's an incredible anime with endearing storytelling and a refreshing take on "hero party" setting.
Oct 13, 2023 11:56 PM
Nov 2016
It's an ok anime but again, I'm not impressed nor is leaving me with hype to watch the next episode, the 2 female MC are kind of boring and have exactly the same personality which isn't helping, I'm not digging the OST either, it's not up to my taste since it lacks melody, I'm ok with slice of life animes but at least I need good music to keep me entertained and this anime is failing in that regard, To Your Eternity has way better music IMHO and got me way more entertained in the first 12 episodes, after that it obviously fucked up and got shitty, we all know this but at least I can praise the OST in that anime and that's something I can't do in this anime, I simply don't like the OST here so this anime lost some points in that regard with me, the story is okay I guess but I'm not in awe by it either, this is more slice of life than anything else and with these animes, the least I want is a good OST to keep me entertained and I'm just not getting it, this is way overrated.

But here, let me praise something about it, at least the dragon fight was cool but that's one of the few things I can praise in this episode.

Anyway, so far this is just a typical 7/10 slice of life anime to me, I hope it gets better.
Oct 14, 2023 12:00 AM
May 2021
what if the dragon had kids think about that
Oct 14, 2023 12:38 AM

Dec 2022
Nice episode also Fern looking everywhere seems to be distracted with her x-ray magic lmao, wondering if they'll get another party member?
Oct 14, 2023 1:09 AM
Jan 2018
looks like this where most of JJK season 1 and movie animators went
Oct 14, 2023 1:54 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, they really went hard on a fight scene that only lasted for, if I remember correctly, one or two pages in the manga.

Also, I was kinda worried that the characters' tendency to stay with a very unamused expression wouldn't translate well into the anime medium, but 6 episodes in, all my worries have dissipated. I'm really loving this anime so far.
Oct 14, 2023 1:58 AM
Jan 2022
UN CAPITULO HERMOSO, UNA ANIMACION SIMPLEMENTE A OTRO NIVEL, la trama me sigue atrayendo, me pareció bonito como Stark piensa en su maestro y le quiere agradecer por todo teniendo un viaje divertido así como lo tuvo Eisen.
Oct 14, 2023 2:10 AM
Apr 2018
Another Great episode.

We get starks backstory his student teacher relationship with eisen. I love his character hes bold, truthful and got that fun bone in him. Cowardice was the thing holding him back just like how his teacher was back in the day and eisen apparently hit him cause he saw how powerful stark is with the potential he has in him and also proud. What a way to project bonds of a master and apprentice. well done. Even freiren was smiles all around how she saw a young eisen in him.

The fight was so good even though brief, i couldnt put a finger to what style of animation it was but it was just so well contructed and the fluidity was so on point and the amazing ost as the cherry on top. Props to madhouse as always they did justice. Also Stark finally has killed his first dragon. *clap clap* I hope even though they parted in anger eisen and stark can meet again and hug it out especially how proud eisen will be of his star student.

Now we have a 3 man party with stark joining following what his master had asked of freiren.

I loved fern and starks bonding throughout the episode, their similar backstory of not having confidence and the fear of facing dangers to sharing the concept of doing something for their beloved masters as tribute with the limited time they have ( fern for heiter and stark for heisen) plus even she though gives him the cold but funny stares calling him names and all. she follows him around and helping as well, their shared notions with the journey. their masters also with frieren, their chemistry was just too good even the bartender was smiling seeing those two. I am strongly shipping them for now :3

Anyways finally the roadblock checkpoint which couldnt be passed it is now open thanks to frierens clout buts he just wanted to chill and research more magic. suffering from success poor thing xD . The three are now setting out for their journey and i love how the concept of time (both the good and bad) & reminesence of the past is played throughout till the end of the episode especially with freiren. Good stuff looking forward to the next episode and the continuation of the new partys journey.
Oct 14, 2023 2:28 AM

May 2016
Fern used the spell on Stark, it's funny.
If Stark used it, the girls will beat him up.
Fucck this world and it's Double standards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2023 2:39 AM

Oct 2022
lol that dragon knew, it was afraid, awesome fight. Loving the interaction between Fern and Stark and all the facial stuff.

Oct 14, 2023 3:00 AM
Apr 2021
i'm not expecting the whole dragon fight to be animated xD

also..dont worry stark,she doesnt know that size dont matter
Oct 14, 2023 3:01 AM
Apr 2021
best scene fight, and funny moments Stark calling frieren grandma lol
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does Sense not make sense to anyone else?

SoulessAnime - 2 hours ago

3 by Thisas »»
2 minutes ago

» Not all people likes highly rated anime (Especially gamers)

Hickykissy - Yesterday

44 by shttingmyself »»
2 hours ago

» Is this your fav anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Ghost_Davo - Sep 22

143 by ricardopetrere »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » thankyou, frieren. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Aug 12

50 by removed-user »»
Today, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2023

345 by subahokke »»
Yesterday, 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.