Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Ah yes, Stale Royal Ivy getting a sword pointed towards him but barely reacts.

This episode was alright imo, not as dramatica as some of the others but fine to watch the story progressing and getting some slight lore for the cast. Arthur's own feelings is very human imo and I do like how this show characterized his personality more. 
Aug 3, 2023 8:57 AM

Jul 2017
Arthur seeking training with his Pops, though he runs away when he's about to get questioned by his wife, classic. Pride comes back to the Knights' training grounds, though her audience is immediate, and Rodrick has to come so late because of alcohol, though he's a proud father's kid now. Pride getting exposed too, that's karma from Rodrick's point of view.

Stale wanting to face Arthur by the sword, though this is the first time he's holding one after a long while. But the reason why Stale wants Arthur to train to become a knight, it's to protect Pride and her future in case she goes berserk. Stale sets expectations within Arthur first so that the latter can be prepared, it's a premonition, though they get along quick.

Nothing much happens in this episode, though it's filling in the gaps.
Aug 3, 2023 9:10 AM
Sep 2016
Holy Christ! A whoooosh, and the EP is all gone.....

Again though, the entire dialogue between Stayle and Arthur there, I've read them in the manga before, I know what's going to happen, still can't stop myself from getting the chills there....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Aug 3, 2023 9:13 AM

Mar 2013
And so, another friendship begins.

Another adorable episode with Princess Pride but it mostly focused on the two's acquaintanceship to friendship. It's kinda embarrassing to see the two of them but it's not cringe. A well done background story for Arthur. The pacing is nicely done.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 3, 2023 9:36 AM
Oct 2019
Boring af episode, had to put it on 2x speed. We didn’t need 20 minutes to tell us what happened in this episode, at most like 5 minutes. Also, no new information presented here that wasn’t already mentioned or easily inferable.
Aug 3, 2023 10:03 AM
Mar 2021
Adayauu said:
Boring af episode, had to put it on 2x speed. We didn’t need 20 minutes to tell us what happened in this episode, at most like 5 minutes. Also, no new information presented here that wasn’t already mentioned or easily inferable.

2 x speed really?😂
Aug 3, 2023 10:08 AM

Feb 2019
Would’ve liked more Pride in the episode ngl but still a very good one.

I do appreciate that they’re fleshing out the cast which is never a bad thing. It’s just she’s such a great character I can never get enough of her lol. That little bashful moment she had when thinking back on being carried a couple weeks ago was so cute.

Arthur and Stale’s relationship was really the crux of the episode and it’s cool to see them both finally get a male friend in their same age group. Their love for Pride and desire to get stronger and protect her really connects them. Can’t wait to see how they both continue to develop as the series goes on. Don’t think she’ll go anywhere near the evil side if she’s got support like that around her.

Also really love Arthur and his dad’s relationship. Even when he stopped wanting to be a knight for a while, his dad never disowned him or treated him coldly about it. He just always hoped his son would come back on the right path which he did. A very doting and loving dad is always nice to see.

Got the LN last week, hopefully I’ll finish enough of my backlog to be able to start reading it within the next couple weeks. I really love this series so much already.

Weekly Pride Appreciation post, she’s so beautiful
Marinate1016Aug 3, 2023 10:26 AM
Aug 3, 2023 10:57 AM

Jul 2019
Really wholesome episode! I loved the fact they fleshed out Arthur's and his father's relationship and Stale gained a new ally. Very good episode!
Other places where to find me:

☆ AO3/FF/tumblr/YouTube: Tuliharja
☆ Pixiv: Tuliharja/72847426
☆ DA: Tuliharja-art
☆ Instagram: tuliharja_art
Aug 3, 2023 11:29 AM

Jun 2015
Reverse harem gathering!! Love it
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Aug 3, 2023 12:11 PM

Dec 2021
Arthur's proficiency with a sword is quite impressive, especially considering his inherent abilities aren't ideally suited for it. It's heartening to witness his training sessions with Roderick. The dynamic of Roderick being such a devoted and affectionate father is truly heartwarming, exuding an endearing charm.

The camaraderie between Stale and Arthur is gradually evolving from rivalry into a genuine friendship, which is a refreshing development. It seems unlikely that they'll be vying for her attention moving forward.

Pride appears to have a supportive circle of individuals around her, and I hold the belief that she'll navigate her path successfully. With her friends standing beside her, the notion of her succumbing to becoming an "Evil Pride" seems rather implausible.

Aug 3, 2023 12:40 PM

Feb 2022
This episode felt like filler, we didn't really get anything new from it other than Stale and Arthur becoming friends which could have been summarized in 5 minutes. I guess it's fine to have slower parts but with so few episodes I really want to see more awesome Pride moments since that battle scene was pretty nice.

As my mind was wondering bored while watching this episode I had a thought. Pride reminds me of those crazy girlfriends who blame their partners for something bad they do in a dream. The whole idea of her guilt is pretty stupid when you think about it. Instead of rationalizing that those events haven't happen and were not actually her she puts that guilt on herself to the point it affects her mental health. It makes me look down on Pride as a character.
Aug 3, 2023 4:12 PM

Dec 2013
Episode was about a pair of bros bonding so you can't really hate on it, it is nice to see supporting characters having their relationships being fleshed out but the lack of Pride screen time made me a bit sad : (
Aug 3, 2023 4:13 PM
Mar 2015
Arthur is set on a course to knighthood
Aug 3, 2023 7:44 PM

Apr 2022
welp, that was boring but the opening still slaps so there's that.
Aug 3, 2023 8:02 PM
May 2023
Really surprised the two main boy leads are friends instead of bickering. This show is really growing on me.
Aug 3, 2023 10:46 PM

Jun 2021
Stale and Arthur sure got along fast. I thought they would be more of a rival.
Aug 3, 2023 10:53 PM
Oct 2021
f*cking arthur he looks like a girl 🤮
Aug 4, 2023 3:14 PM

Apr 2022
I love femboy Arthur, may he become the strongest swordsman
Aug 4, 2023 5:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Arthur is already well on his way to becoming a knight, turns out having a plant resurrecting ability didn’t stop him from being talented with a sword lol. We also saw the knights being a bunch of goofs this episode when reacting to Rodrick talking up his son, as well as when Rodrick was reminded of Pride’s blunder which embarrassed her all over again lol.

And while that conversation between Stale and Arthur lasted a while, I think it was good that it was like that so the resulting friendship made more sense, they both want to protect their waifu and I can’t blame them lol.
Aug 5, 2023 7:52 PM

Feb 2017
These kids are acting like they're in their early twenties.
Aug 6, 2023 11:47 PM
Apr 2023
New bros were formed and the reverse-harem route has just become stronger.

I just saw that the manga adaptation for this just got resumed. It got cancelled a bit last year from what I read but it seems it is now back under a new mangaka.
Aug 8, 2023 9:58 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting, so since Arthur didn't get a "new start" where he swears revenged (cutting hair is a form of symbolic for a new start, usually after something big happens), and he didn't cut his hair... just tie it up as a ponytail.

What I am really interested in is... how did Revenge-Arthur used to train to become one of the strongest captain knight? (his original goal is to get strong enough to kill OG-Pride)

And how is he going to train to become that strongest captain knight currently? since his training style has changed. (he's learning under his dad now in MC-Pride's timeline, which in OG-Pride's timeline Rod's dead)

LOL @ the Mom questioning Rod, LOL

Meanwhile... MC-Pride's zoning out thinking about the OG-Pride's path where the harem swears revenge.

(while it's nice to keep track of the game events... I think she's thinking too much of these dark things as it always gets her depressed)

LOL @ Rod running into the wall rushing to meet MC-Pride. (The whole army is her Harem now, lol)

Hmm... so Stale and Arthur's encouraging each other to become strong so they can protect MC-Pride.
amlgAug 20, 2023 9:20 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 18, 2023 12:10 AM
Aug 2022
The way that Arthur said "P-p-prrrrride-sama!?" absolutely killed me, huge props to the VA that was incredibly funny.

Sep 1, 2023 2:57 PM
Jun 2022
Simplesmente adoro esses animes assim...
Sep 18, 2023 2:13 PM
Sep 2023
يمكن ماستر بيس ؟
Sep 19, 2023 2:00 PM

Nov 2013
from funny faces from Pride (specially the pout when talking to the captain) to the interesting bro talk at the end, ncie episode :D
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 24, 2023 12:58 PM

May 2018
Stale and Arthur's friendship escalated quickly. I'm glad to see these two begin to trust each other.
Oct 7, 2023 4:34 AM

Nov 2022
I dont hate Arthur or anything but hes usually the biggest pain in the ass for me lol
Btw the original "main character" has been thrown into a background character lol
Mar 12, 3:05 AM
Jun 2022
One More Episode Then Done!
Apr 21, 11:54 AM

Aug 2019
i thought theyd start figthing over her
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 4:17 PM

May 2015
All of these kids are super-talented, but that's what I'd expect from such important characters. Arthur and Stale becoming bros is a nice development.
Jul 9, 1:08 AM
Aug 2023
Pride's got the most adorable pouts.

More topics from this board

» Plot

Jking_The_Dark - Jun 28

8 by Abesh_Aziz »»
Jun 29, 1:52 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

59 by ColourWheel »»
Jun 28, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2023

28 by Magicmist »»
Jun 19, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2023

34 by Magicmist »»
Jun 12, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2023

43 by Magicmist »»
Jun 5, 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.