Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Café Terrace and its Goddesses
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2023 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus Christ, this show really loves to get Shiragaku drunk and having her come on to Hayato. 

Even though Hayato may not be so likable, he's taking every plan into action including splitting the cast into teams. Been a week since they opened business but they need to keep up sales. I'm not surprised that customers in this show are rude to the cafe maids. Seems like Hayato will often have to step in to defend them.
Apr 28, 2023 9:51 AM

May 2020
That’s just how businesses work, boom one day and then it’ll be quiet for a while.. sometimes, for more than a while. Though this being a cafe with five super sexy part timers working and still not thriving, whatever the fuck dudes around the area even doing lol. I mean barge in there in broad daylight, and you may witness someone like Shiragiku imitating a stripper. 

But anyways the bottom-line is they needed something to attract more customers plus a way to up their funds, so what better than running a stall in some local festival. It was working too, until those cliche losers appeared, trying to hit on Ouka. Though people fended them off like the bugs they were, but hey one of those was a tanned fatty, related to that sexfiend old man we saw last time, and you ask what he and his baddies did… destroying the stall the folks from familia were using. 

Though they did recover in no time and made good business but the last segment got me cracked up. As how those losers got their ass handed to them by Ami.. losers indeed till the end. Ouka got a good name there in the end.
Apr 28, 2023 10:57 AM
Feb 2022
it is intresting show so far
Apr 28, 2023 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
The Café Terrace Familia is off...to a somewhat mediocre start, and the Cherry Blossom Festival would help spur sales. Though Shiragiku would test out on cherry blossom liqueur cookies, leaving the stall operations to the Management Genius Riho is a compliment to drive her away for a bit. Of course, it would be soon that Shiragiku gets drunk just by breathing alcohol, and Riho would not take Hayato off her sights, much less both Ouka and Ami catching him in the act.

The Cherry Blossom Festival opens to the public, and so does the stall in hopes of earning a profit. The dual business with Familia and the festival stall running together, and Ouka faces some delinquents trying to hit on her, with Hayato defending her with his business acumen, along with the other stallholders supportive of Familia's business restart. And karma strikes twice on their stall getting tampered by Fuwa's grandson, though Hayato made a wise decision to withdraw, but not give up the stall entirely with the counterattack: a backup plan of a mobile food cart that can be manned by both Ouka and Ami, on the one condition that will make Hayato's plan work: Ouka's design and Ami's strength...to chalk up against the thugs who trashed their stall. Hayato sure is man enough to face them and get evidence, as learnt from their stint with Fuwa. The same trick doesn't work twice, and Ouka got a good name as the Mad Dog lulz.

The best part about the episode: Ami going all Street Fighter Ryu/Ken style with her shoryuken.
Apr 28, 2023 11:54 AM

Mar 2021
This episode was great
Don't mess with Ami or the cafe
Apr 28, 2023 11:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A surprise visit to the local festival would defo be a good idea. Giku really would be a great temptess if she ever got serious and drunk. The stall owners banding together to deal with those scumbags was a nice show of community spirit. The mobile terrace was an excellent idea that ended up paying off massively. Its also nice seeing the bond between Hayato and the girls improve by leaps and bounds. When you expect trouble Ami's the best guard to have around.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2023 12:12 PM

Jul 2019
This whole "punishing the innocent guy for the woman's bad behavior" routine was old before the anime was made. Can we figure something else out already? It was way worse in Girls Bravo because that guy was even further from capable of being bold enough to do what he was accused of by his useless childhood friend.
Apr 28, 2023 12:14 PM

Nov 2016
Ami made up for her fat blunder with a flawless Streetfighter performance haha.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2023 12:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Ami's who Street Fighter routine on those thugs was the best part of the episode. She's still a muscle brained idiot, but less of a pain in the ass compared to previous episodes.
Apr 28, 2023 12:34 PM

Jul 2021
"Mad Dog Ouka" lmao
Apr 28, 2023 12:43 PM

Aug 2017
Ami is just having fun and that's why she's my favorite after Akane. Love her energy.

Mad dog Ouka-san, what a name.
Apr 28, 2023 1:01 PM

Feb 2019
A drunk Shiragiku is one of the most dangerous things on earth lmao.

Ami taking out the thugs was awesome. I hate rapey guys in anime and love seeing them get their asses beat. The wheels of love are turning now with Ouka. MC recognising her hard work was massive for her. Looking forward to seeing how that develops
Marinate1016Apr 28, 2023 1:06 PM
Apr 28, 2023 1:06 PM

Dec 2022
mad dog ouka-san the badass
Apr 28, 2023 1:39 PM

Jan 2021
A shoryuken to end the ep
Ok Ouka is falling for the MC now
So good and nice to see it in the big screen cuz i don't remember in the manga when she felt in love with the MC only knew that she had a crush on him cuz you know

'that scene'
So yeah it was good this ep
A lil 2000 cliché but nice for me

(DRUNK SCENES YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH)

Apr 28, 2023 2:22 PM
Jan 2021
the tatsumaki senpukyaku in the background as ouka and hayato were talking was funny enough on its own to make this episode worth watching I think. I wasn't expecting a shoryuken in the first place, let alone more street fighter moves
Apr 28, 2023 2:23 PM
Dec 2020
I guess this show is great if you're sleep deprived, best sedative I've had in a while
Apr 28, 2023 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
( Shoryuken! lmao) Man I love that reference at the end, I loved it in the manga and the anime did it brilliantly. Hayato isn't your typical harem MC so I'm delighted for what's coming next.
Apr 28, 2023 3:45 PM

Apr 2023
Wow, this week's episode was as good as the last one.
When is the time I saw Shoryuken outside of Street Fighter? Can't even remember.
Apr 28, 2023 3:57 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty bad episode. It probably tried to be entertaining in its own way but failed hard for several reason. For the most part I felt like watching random set of tropes rather than normal character developement.

- out of place excuse for one girl to jump on MC and strip off (check)
- violent putting of food into girl's mouth (check)
- sudden gangsters and destruction of owned property (check)
- sappy phrases (check)

Whole part A wasn't done well... part B was one step better but the premise of cliche drama of bad guys threating their store was so underwhelming.

Also, what's even funny on Shiragiku's running joke alcohol naked attacks - those were already way too old when it happened for the second time. She is just basically very unimaginative excuse for more fanservice. Her infatuation by smell is getting annoying too. And other girls hitting MC everytime she gets naked even when they are perfectly aware of her behavior are even worse.

Riho (who was the most normal girl so far) also acted out of character in the beginning and turned from dependable girl to local idiot - didn't really like that sudden change for sake of the scene. At this point I have it really hard to find but one likeable girl there... maybe Akane? (but we barely know anything about her)

Random foreigner complimenting on maid's dress next to his wife also felt totally out of place plot device meant to compliment Ouka.

The last episode was rather good but this one shoot the series back down to uninspired mediocrity.
Mich666Apr 28, 2023 4:01 PM
Apr 28, 2023 4:10 PM

Sep 2022
Hayato-Kun is really smart when it comes to expanding his own business. And Ami-chan showed those guys to not mess with the Familia.
Apr 28, 2023 4:24 PM
Feb 2022
Mich666 said:
Pretty bad episode. It probably tried to be entertaining in its own way but failed hard for several reason. For the most part I felt like watching random set of tropes rather than normal character developement.

- sappy phrases (check)

Whole part A wasn't done well... part B was one step better but the premise of cliche drama of bad guys threating their store was so underwhelming.

Also, what's even funny on Shiragiku's running joke alcohol naked attacks - those were already way too old when it happened for the second time. She is just basically very unimaginative excuse for more fanservice. Her infatuation by smell is getting annoying too. And other girls hitting MC everytime she gets naked even when they are perfectly aware of her behavior are even worse.

Riho (who was the most normal girl so far) also acted out of character in the beginning and turned from dependable girl to local idiot - didn't really like that sudden change for sake of the scene. At this point I have it really hard to find but one likeable girl there... maybe Akane? (but we barely know anything about her)

Random foreigner complimenting on maid's dress next to his wife also felt totally out of place plot device meant to compliment Ouka.

The last episode was rather good but this one shoot the series back down to uninspired mediocrity.

You trying hard to explain but failed to do so 🤣
Apr 28, 2023 4:32 PM
Feb 2022
Looks like they didn't adapt manga's chapter 8 they skipped it 🤔
Like this
1 episode. - chapter 1
2 episode. - chapter 2,3,4
3 episode. - chapter 5,6,7
4 episode. - chapter 9,10,11
Apr 28, 2023 5:35 PM

May 2018
seokouji31 said:
Looks like they didn't adapt manga's chapter 8 they skipped it 🤔
Like this
1 episode. - chapter 1
2 episode. - chapter 2,3,4
3 episode. - chapter 5,6,7
4 episode. - chapter 9,10,11

They probably gonna adapt it the next episode.
Apr 28, 2023 5:36 PM
Oct 2022
I just want to see full harem feel good show. Hoping that this abime will give me some.
Apr 28, 2023 6:21 PM
Mar 2021
Bruh, she keep spamming Street Fighter moves
Apr 28, 2023 6:42 PM

Sep 2011
I laughed when she was doing Tatsumaki Senpukyuka in the background.  These over the top cartoon villains were a little annoying but not as annoying as the never funny "hit the MC for no reason cause someone else was being lood"  Still the show has improved a little this week and that was a good gambit by the MC at the end.  Let's see if it keeps up momentum
Apr 28, 2023 6:57 PM
May 2017
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 28, 2023 7:43 PM
Mar 2015
Their secret weapon is Mad Dog Ouka-san
Apr 28, 2023 8:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
It was nice seeing Ouka come around to Hayato even more this episode, those assholes were a bad time but they were part of the reason we got those nice Ouka bits so I kinda thank them lol. And not just Ouka, Ami saw a lot of screentime as well since she also helped out with the festival, and holy shit, the moment where she used her “missiles” against that dude absolutely sent me, I don’t know why but I laughed so hard, I was just not expecting that at all lol, thank you for the laugh Ami, and I also liked her Street Fighter references which was a bonus lol

And Kiku hinted once again that she knew Hayato in the past, I’m really interested in knowing the details but looks like we gotta wait a bit longer, but I’ll take some scrumptious fanservice in the meantime, Hayato’s move on covering Kiku’s breasts was hilarious lol, she didn’t seem to mind it either.

And lastly I like that we saw a spring themed festival instead of the usual summer festival here, I love summer festivals but a festival for a different season is nice to see too.
Apr 28, 2023 8:38 PM
Sep 2016
SHORYUKENNNNNN THATS ALL 10/10
Apr 28, 2023 10:06 PM
Nov 2022
ahhh again the drunk girl ahhh!!!
What she said about Hayato while they were cooking makes me think more about my theory that she already knew him before.

It is good that they show the realism of the businesses, not by automatically opening it will fill up, moments of crisis will arrive and they can arrive very quickly or very late.

I like that Hayato and the girls already work together, it's good that they're going fast in that regard.

Uff it seems that Ouka already felt something in her chest for Hayato, nice.
Apr 28, 2023 10:10 PM

May 2019
Funny and silly episode with Shiragiku getting drunk (again) and Riho thinking Hayato did that on purpose (come on girl you should know better).

I figured that those 3 punks were the ones that trashed the stall and Hayato recorded the admission in case the grandson goes to his grandpa crying and they try some legal retaliation or something. Ami's street fighter moves were so unexpected and hilarious, and Ouka (excuse me I meant Mad Dog Ouka) getting praise for her work on the uniforms and decorating the cart, good job 👍
Apr 28, 2023 10:16 PM
Mar 2023
for the first half of the episode, it was decent I guess, kind of what I was expecting, not something too interesting or exciting. then the second half is pretty much a sign that I'll most likely really enjoy this series with the humor and development of characters to show for it. I'll definitely stick around, I'm intrigued on how the characters develop the more this show progresses, especially with the MC. 

this show is definitely not gonna be for everyone. things such as the same overused tropes, misunderstandings, constant beatings of the MC, etc, are many things people are tired of witnessing. And while I also feel negatively about these things, I do have a feeling that with how they are handling things such as character development, the show probably has a good idea as to what it wants to be and their just taking their sweet time until they get there, and with how the readers feel rather positive about the manga(in comparison to many people's negative opinions on the author's previous works), this show will probably be fleshed out into something great, and I will be gladly staying along for the ride until their 12th and final episode(or 24th, unsure still whether or not it does have a 2nd cour, still pretty confused about that, really do hope there is indeed a 2nd cour though).
Apr 28, 2023 10:51 PM
Feb 2022
Hexical said:

this show is definitely not gonna be for everyone. things such as the same overused tropes, misunderstandings, constant beatings of the MC, etc, are many things people are tired of witnessing. [/b].

Doesn't matter what you say because the manga sells really well in japan

They cannot understand japanese humor.
Apr 28, 2023 10:52 PM
Jul 2022
Missile launch into shoryuken! dont mess with amichan!!
Apr 29, 2023 12:30 AM

Jan 2023
I didn't like that one as much as the other ones, I thought it lacked a little bit in the humor departement.
On the other hand this episode made me realize I knew Ami's va (she has gotten a few comedic roles like Ami's these last few years), so it was a nice surprise.
Apr 29, 2023 3:02 AM

Oct 2012
MeguSae38 said:
On the other hand this episode made me realize I knew Ami's va (she has gotten a few comedic roles like Ami's these last few years), so it was a nice surprise.
She is mainly known for voice of Shirogane's sister in Kaguya and Uruka in BokuBen. Lately, she is finally getting recognized and landing more and more roles in new shows.

https://anidb.net/creator/55692

As for other seiyuu, the most well known is Seto Asami (Akane) and Waki Azumi (Shiragiku).
The first is most known for Raphtalia (Tate no Yuusha), Asagi (Strike the Blood) and Mai (Seishun Buta Yarou) while the second played the role of Special Week (Uma Musume) or Nagisa (Kanojo mo Kanojo).
Apr 29, 2023 3:12 AM

Oct 2016
Ami doing the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku in the background fucking killed me. Perfect form, that Shoryuken too.
Apr 29, 2023 5:44 AM
Sep 2021
Even though hayato faced with lot's of trouble never backs down and counterattacks and he is not alone he has the girls with him.
Apr 29, 2023 6:12 AM
Mar 2017
Mich666 said:

- sappy phrases (check)

mate no need to be this much critique about the whole show ( it's a harem show after all ), i hate to sound like that seokouji31 guy but if you want to enjoy the show you just need to turn off your brain or consider it the none-forced drama domestic no kanojo, also riho is far away from being normal girl, watch the 1st ep again and realize she's the same as the other girls
Apr 29, 2023 6:44 AM
Aug 2022
They skipped chapter 8 from manga
Apr 29, 2023 7:24 AM
Mar 2023
IronnHide said:
They skipped chapter 8 from manga
i believe they'll probably go back to it at some point, probably within the next 2 episodes, I really doubt they would skip over a moment as important as someone's character growth like that

(really hope I don't come back to this after their final episode of their season and be proven wrong)
Apr 29, 2023 7:37 AM

Mar 2014
This is not a good episode for me, a lot lame jokes and same old tiring cliche just to make this arrogant prick MC look good
Apr 29, 2023 9:56 AM

Oct 2012
123moh555 said:
mate no need to be this much critique about the whole show ( it's a harem show after all ), i hate to sound like that seokouji31 guy but if you want to enjoy the show you just need to turn off your brain or consider it the none-forced drama domestic no kanojo, also riho is far away from being normal girl, watch the 1st ep again and realize she's the same as the other girls
I don't like when characters act stupid for seemingly no reason, simple as that. It breaks the immersion. In fact, I don't even remember the last time I found the fanservice so forced and bad as in this show. If you want an example of fanservice done right, there is recent Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru for example. Kanojo mo Kanojo was pretty bad story-wise but even they managed to do ecchi parts right. Character-wise it's pretty similiar - you can compare to what you have seen before. And there are shows like Yamada-kun, Amagami or Saekano.

It's just harem anime is not an excuse. Even harem anime can be done well. Such levels of stupidity were simply not present in Nisekoi, Bokuben or Gotoubun (well, Nisekoi manga had pretty shitty writing towards the end but the anime done by Shaft was pretty good). So I think it's fair to criticize the writing (which is consistently low quality over all Seo Kouji's works so I went in with low expectations already). It was late in the night so I thought my brain was turned off too. I refuse to set my bar even lower only for this show.

That being said, I always approach each new episode with open mind so it's very possible I may like the next episode or the one after. Credit where credit is due.
Apr 29, 2023 1:04 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ami at the end:

HELICOPTER HELICOPTER

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 29, 2023 1:40 PM

Oct 2018
cool episode
Ami was in Street Fighter mode lol
Apr 29, 2023 4:08 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Annoying thugs ruining the festival, but that was absolutely epic when Hayato used the law to make Amy go self-defense mode and totally wreck them xD Good ending for the episode
Apr 29, 2023 6:05 PM
Feb 2022
Mich666 said:
123moh555 said:

It's just harem anime is not an excuse. Even harem anime can be done well.

Everything you've said is subjective so try again 🤣🤣
Well let me tell you what is objective
This manga sells really well in Japan that's objective.
RexRogero33Apr 29, 2023 6:09 PM
Apr 30, 2023 1:33 AM
Mar 2018
seokouji31 said:
Mich666 said:

It's just harem anime is not an excuse. Even harem anime can be done well.

Everything you've said is subjective so try again 🤣🤣
Well let me tell you what is objective
This manga sells really well in Japan that's objective.
thats also subjective i wouldnt consider the manga to sell 'really well' it sells good
Apr 30, 2023 3:00 AM
Jan 2017
register tim ouka!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2023

130 by rsc-pl »»
Oct 4, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2023

59 by ZuperZeko »»
Sep 27, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2023

65 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2023

42 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Megami no Café Terrace Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2023

58 by patkarunungan »»
Sep 24, 3:59 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.