Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yuri is My Job
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 6, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this show is a Yuri show made for pure Yuri alright, in the style of Blend S.

The hopeful Hime "Shirasaki" Shiraki, being the cute girl and Angel class character of focus, she has an ambitious dream to be a multi-millionaire. But the encounter with the manager Mai Koshiba brings her to Café Liebe without reservation, meeting Mitsuki "Ayanokouji" Yano in the first impression that she's an Onee-san character out from a Shoujo manga, attached to the gyaru Sumika "Tachibana" Chibana as the two most prominent characters being in their Yuri dazzle that impresses their customers. Try as Hime might on her facade, even though it's all an act, but the tsundere Mitsuki absolutely despised being called an Onee-sama. With that, it's the introduction to Liebe Girls Academy for Hime.

Hime's close friend Kanoko Mamiya bring worried about her, and this is a legitimate cause for concern. Furthermore, the Schwestern sisterly bond wearing matching Kreuz crosses, it has already made its rounds through the customers, but to Mitsuki, it violates her being if Hime screws up at her job being a try-hard. Oh well, Hime's got to learn where she stands in this salon.

Interesting...is what I'll say about this show.
KANLen09Apr 6, 2023 10:35 PM
Apr 6, 2023 6:58 AM

Feb 2018
I feel like Mai is a really unique tsundere, lol... It's like a school Ojou-sama, really similar to a shoujo manga. It's an interesting yuri show. Mitsuki and Chibana-san... Sumika-san really does a kabedon on Hime. Hime is surprised when Sumika-san suddenly turns into a gal cyara. They are really interested in Hime but Hime rejects the other cafe girls' invitation. Hime serves male customers but she is too nervous. Mitsuki-san is really a good senpai, Mitsuki-san apologizes to the male customer for Hime.

Hime makes an amazing introduction. Hime really struggles. Mitsuki-san looks embarrassed just because of the Onee-sama call. Mitsuki-san is angry because Hime suddenly calls Mitsuki-san Onee-sama. This place has special rules, even just for a call. Mai-san returns after being in the hospital.

Mai broke her right arm, Hime is surprised because Mai-san is the manager of that school (I mean cafe). Kanoko is worried about Hime and asks about the cafe incident. The next day, I still didn't understand that the cafe was a school. Mai-san explains a cross necklace. It's written in a novel and the reason for the call.

Regarding internet comments, Hime gets a lot of praise from customers who visit the cafe. Hime decides to pair up and they are given a cross necklace as an agreement, they call it kuroitsu.

The reason why Hime calls Mitsuki-san Onee-sama is also revealed. Mitsuki-san is really trapped. Hime is very cunning, mentioning the kuroitsu necklace in front of everyone it seem like to misunderstand Mitsuki-san and Hime's relationship, thinking that Mitsuki-san has not yet accepted Hime as a junior. Mitsuki-san is forced to accept Hime as a junior and so this episode ends....

What a boring anime 3/10.
Apr 6, 2023 7:03 AM

Feb 2020
Husband this, husband that. Marriage this, marriage that. Sigh... Why I'm not surprised?

Also, the senpai is also pretty annoying, so that makes 2 annoying characters in total.

I seriously hope this gets a lot better.

Well, I can't complain about the animation. The characters and backgrounds look pretty.

SerafosApr 6, 2023 9:23 AM
Apr 6, 2023 7:38 AM
Oct 2022
Poor gold hair girl got wrapped into a huge missunderstanding and now her senpai hates her lol

good first episode, got trough the first episode filter for sure.

Apr 6, 2023 7:39 AM

Jun 2021
This purple-haired bitch is already in need of an attitude adjustment.
I hate characters that are unlikeable and shitty right from the go.

This is trying so hard to be BLEND-S but without the charm and relaxation.
If these characters don't improve I'm out of here. There are plenty of yuri shows that are worth my time.

You absolutely despite Hime, huh, Mitsuki?
Well I despise you. I don't know what your problem is, but you better calm down quick or I will start.
Apr 6, 2023 7:52 AM

Mar 2020
Ah... that's why this anime is called Yuri is my Job. Honestly, way better than I expected, it feels like Blend S but with the cafe having the theme of a performance or play straight out of a shoji manga. It's a weird cafe for sure, with the school theme. This one will depend a lot on character dynamics, let's hope it continues to be nice, as it's another dose of Yuri for the Yuri stans.
Apr 6, 2023 7:53 AM
May 2021
from just the first episode idrk how i feel about the show itself, but i don't really like some of the characters' personalities, idk. we'll see how it goes from here, but not looking like it'll be my cup of tea
My 2023 candies:
Apr 6, 2023 8:01 AM

Apr 2014
Nice and amusing first episode. That job was pretty much called a bit of bad luck for Hime to begin with. But, who knows, maybe it will be good luck for her in the future.

We've got tenshi-sama, no not that tenshi-sama.
We also got Ayanokoji, oh wait... she is not that famous Ayanokoji.
There is also a short-haired girl who is wearing a big bow, but wait... wait... she is not the 'fourth'.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 6, 2023 8:05 AM

Mar 2021
Good start this show certainly has some Blend S vibes, looking foreword to the next episode
Apr 6, 2023 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
That was sort of annoying, that senpai specially. The character designs are cute but their personalities are so not cute. Will probably drop this if it gets too annoying.
Apr 6, 2023 8:19 AM

Sep 2017
No yuri no laifu!!!
Apr 6, 2023 8:24 AM

Feb 2020
This is so cringe omg, I don't know if I like this show or not...😬😬
Apr 6, 2023 8:30 AM

Dec 2016
I usually watch these self advertised yuri shows with a raised eyebrow because normally they bank on just the yuri part. But I'm genuinelly impressed with the amount of frames drawn per second on what's meant to be just a highschool sol. Not to mention the whole theatre/cafe setting it's also quite interesting and a bit out of the box.

DYNEadvance said:
This purple-haired bitch is already in need of an attitude adjustment.
I hate characters that are unlikeable and shitty right from the go.

This is trying so hard to be BLEND-S but without the charm and relaxation.
If these characters don't improve I'm out of here. There are plenty of yuri shows that are worth my time.

You absolutely despite Hime, huh, Mitsuki?
Well I despise you. I don't know what your problem is, but you better calm down quick or I will start.

This is like saying that apple is being a tryhard for acting as microsoft, when both have their own thing going on and have different kind of customers. Blend-S was about servicing the otaku with their prefered character gimmick. This is about entertaining an audience in what looks like a private theatre with a cafe setup and consistent characters that evolve into a long running play. The only common denominator is the cafe setup, but aside from that both are already quite different shows.

Sucks to be you if doormat characters are the only thing that you look forward in shows. Spicy characters definitely add a lot of flavor to what could be a very boring and bland "dish".
KimurahApr 6, 2023 8:39 AM
Apr 6, 2023 8:32 AM
Sep 2021
With the exception of the early introduction of Nene it was pretty much a panel for panel recreation of chapters 1 and 2. Which is fine, Yuri is my Job! is my favourite ongoing serialisation so that's exactly what I wanted. 100% onboard for the rest of this.
Apr 6, 2023 8:55 AM
Oct 2018
This was hugely disappointing for me. I think I hate every character except maybe the blue hair girl at the school but I didn't see enough to like her either. Main character is annoying, characters basically conning her into a job they don't explain and then yelling at her for not doing it well is just...it makes every character involved unbearable. I fuckin love yuri so I'll probably try to keep watching but this was hugely disappointing for me. The production was pretty stellar though. At least from the manga reader thread it apparently has a pretty bad start but gets great after it so at least theres some hope.
Apr 6, 2023 8:56 AM
Oct 2022
2023 is the best year for yuri fans..Les GOOOO.
Apr 6, 2023 9:00 AM

Jan 2016
Way prettier anime adaptation than I thought it'd be. Excited to keep watching this and not just for the voice acting which is usually the only reason I watch anime anymore. Anyway, I probably sound annoying saying this, to all the anime only-s: I swear the characters in this series are phenomenal in a way I haven't seen many other manga be courageous enough to tackle. Oh, and yes there's actual yuri. Though, whether we get to that point is still unclear... I can only hope!
Apr 6, 2023 9:02 AM

Feb 2019
Think this is the first time I’ve ever heard the name ayanokoji outside of You-Zitsu lol

The amazing year for yuri stans just keeps getting better. Loved this first episode. Nice art and interesting set up. I hope they’ll be able to keep the performances entertaining and fresh given the small setting of the cafe. Only complaint I have is how much of a bitch Ayanokoji is to Hime for no reason.
Marinate1016Apr 6, 2023 9:05 AM
Apr 6, 2023 9:26 AM

Jan 2017
I don't want to say that it was bad, but I was expecting something way better.

There needs to be some serious character development of Hime to make her even remotely likeable.

Apr 6, 2023 9:28 AM
Mar 2023
It will be hilarious if this Anime has crossover with Teruhashi Kokomi(Saiki Kusuo).

I feel Hime will get same fate as Rifuta Imu.
Apr 6, 2023 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Why is everyone in this show unlikable lol.
Apr 6, 2023 9:39 AM

May 2019
Hime is cute but I wonder how she really is since she's putting on a facade. Maybe it's more like Mitsuki where Mitsuki shows her disdain but Hime hides it. Speaking of Mitsuku and disdain, why does she despise Hime so much? My guess is that its because of the facade that Hime is putting on (I doubt it's because Hime caused Mai's injury though).

Anyways, I haven't watch much yuri and since this is only the first episode I don't know which girl Hime might fall for (assuming it's one of them maybe Mitsuki since she despises Hime lol). Since this show mentioned that Hime is looking for a wealthy guy down the road I'm thinking this job will cause her to have a change in those plans.
Apr 6, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2017
Wow, I hate THE ENTIRE CAST. Hasn't happened to me since rent-a-gf
Apr 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Dec 2015
Holy cheeseballs the whiplash I'm getting from these girls' personalities doing a 180. Getting a little bit of a Blend-S mixed with Ouran High Host Club from this one. The swapping of Kreuze reminds me of Boarding School Juiliet, too. This cafe seems to be a nice set up. Wonder if there's anything like that in Japan.

Love that Mai is not even trying to cover up that her hand is fine. Plus, I'm a bit curious about Kanoko's relationship with Hime. She knows about her facade and still hangs out with her. Hmm... I wonder.

Darn it now I want to read the manga XD.
Apr 6, 2023 9:48 AM

Nov 2016
Hime thought she's playing on easy mode when she learned the lesson thaz there's always a better player. Mai got her dancing to her tunes.

Nice start. It has yuri, a twisted heroine, yuri, a cunning manager, yuri, an unusual premise, yuri, a vibrant color palette...did I already mention YURI? Yeah, it's good even tho it's all just bait. Don't get the complaints for the cast. I take characters with spicy personality over the blandness we tend to get on average any day.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2023 9:58 AM
Sep 2021
FMmatron said:
Don't get the complaints for the cast. I take characters with spicy personality over the blandness we tend to get on average any day.

The characters being unlikeable at the start was a common complaint about the manga too and one I never personally understood. It's always seemed so obvious to me that they're intentionally written that way so that they can grow and change into better people because of the experiences they have over the course of the story. If all your characters are just nice and friendly with each other and always say and do the right thing there's no room for interpersonal drama.

The comparison to Blend-S is new to me though, and really weird.
Apr 6, 2023 10:26 AM

Mar 2022
that was... an annoying start. I agree about characters being obnoxious, manipulative to downright toxic. I also agree that flawed characters are more intersting since they allow for growth, but this here is really not done well. For the heel-face turn to work for me, you need atleast a hint of redeeming qualities, yet these girls showed none so far. Perhaps we are to believe their cafe personas are what they really are beneath (making this some wild wish fulfilment of otakus who frequent such establishments IRL, maybe), but I'm not sold. For now, I just don't care for any of them.

The art is pretty tho
Apr 6, 2023 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
DavidArcher said:
FMmatron said:
Don't get the complaints for the cast. I take characters with spicy personality over the blandness we tend to get on average any day.

The characters being unlikeable at the start was a common complaint about the manga too and one I never personally understood. It's always seemed so obvious to me that they're intentionally written that way so that they can grow and change into better people because of the experiences they have over the course of the story. If all your characters are just nice and friendly with each other and always say and do the right thing there's no room for interpersonal drama.

The comparison to Blend-S is new to me though, and really weird.

Some people prefer their anime girls all bubbly without edges. No form of negativity allowed in our cute anime world.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2023 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
am I the only one who dislikes every character here especially the manager and gyaru like there pissing me off. And why are they getting mad at a her when they forced her to work there. Regardess im hoping only the first episode is bad and the rest of the story becomes better
Apr 6, 2023 11:36 AM
Jun 2022
Oh, i liked the start of this anime, the animation looks really good and brilliant, also the soundtrack is fantastic too. recommended!, but the senpai is really annoying. 
SakuraHougetsu28Apr 6, 2023 11:39 AM
Apr 6, 2023 11:53 AM

Dec 2013
It seems everyone in the show is unlikable one way or another, Hime's friend and Mai know Hime is full of bs.
Apr 6, 2023 11:59 AM

Jul 2019
Actual GL, or just Yuri bait? Time will tell. Definitely feels like it's going the frenemies to lovers' route but could also see them being in a forever limbo where they just because "really close friends." All, in all I enjoyed the first episode those, cute designs, fun personalities, and an interesting premise (that totally isn't just a front for some seedier business, >_>). Let's see where it goes. 
Apr 6, 2023 12:03 PM
Jan 2021
this anime looks fantastic, much better than I was expecting to be honest. the colours are phenomenal and the overall production is very well done
as a manga reader I am a bit confused by a decision they made in the setup that differs slightly from the manga. for anime onlys: please give the characters a little time to come into their own. it starts off a bit rough, but I promise it gets good and when it does, it gets very good
Apr 6, 2023 12:09 PM
Jan 2021
Jackson1333 said:
Actual GL, or just Yuri bait? Time will tell. Definitely feels like it's going the frenemies to lovers' route but could also see them being in a forever limbo where they just because "really close friends." All, in all I enjoyed the first episode those, cute designs, fun personalities, and an interesting premise (that totally isn't just a front for some seedier business, >_>). Let's see where it goes. 

without spoiling anything, I promise you there's actual romance that will come, though I'm not sure if a single season will get to it. I hope it does
Apr 6, 2023 12:20 PM

Dec 2018
I hate this type of introductions. She is blackmailed into doing something, seems like she hasnt even signed any contract. They expect at least partialy scripted performance, yet they tell her nothing, no direction at all. None of this will matter in few episodes but it still annoys me very much when anime is started in this way. 
Apr 6, 2023 12:29 PM

Aug 2021
This really is misinterpreted on this site; it's a drama, not a comedy. There's a ton of manipulative emotional drama in every arc of the manga. But all of the characters develop, Mitsuki especially doesn't stay like she is in this episode. And they didn't mention it but the manager really did fracture her arm, but the anime made it seem like it was all faked. So, I'm on the fence on how well it's being adapted so far. But it'll take a few more episodes to see how that plays out.
Apr 6, 2023 1:09 PM
Apr 2020
I hear nahida lol good first ep
Apr 6, 2023 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
Meh it's okay neither good nor bad
Apr 6, 2023 1:33 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
A bit of sakuga character acting, and a good voice actress, but I certainly won't watch it entirely. Lowered expectations...
I hoped more in the way of pacing

Apr 6, 2023 1:37 PM
Mar 2013
Yuri go ahead!
Also glad to hear cute voice of Tamura Yukari 3
Apr 6, 2023 2:12 PM

Aug 2013
Way, way better than I expected. I'm glad that I've decided to watch it.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 6, 2023 2:26 PM

Jan 2022
A Yuri anime with Yuri in the title, that does sounds good. A maid cafe anime, that does sounds good. An anime co-created by studio Passione, that does sounds really good. A very interesting first episode in which a blonde chick gets called an angel, I wonder where I've seen that before. The colors are gorgeous and the acting of the maids seems like a fun premise for things to come, it'll be very cool when the blue hair girl will get added to the show, maybe next episode ?
I like everything, ok
Apr 6, 2023 2:41 PM

Jul 2014
Too bad the voice acting is appalling.  Most of the characters sound like they should be pokemon, not humans.
Apr 6, 2023 3:10 PM
Aug 2013
Well that wasn't great. I read the first volume of the manga and wasn't a big fan of that, but was still a bit hyped about the anime since we're getting more yuri adaptions. Gotta say though, the manga was still more to my taste than this... The first episode of the anime kind of just cranked up the elements I already disliked about the manga. And I find the childlike voice acting super annoying in general, this one is no exception.

May give it a few eps, we'll see.

EDIT: Skimmed through the corresponding chapters of the manga. Realized the anime cut out most of the scenes that made me emphatize with the characters. The anime characters feel very one dimensional as a result. I really understand why so many people are annoyed by and flat out dislike the characters in the anime, based on only having seen this episode. Hope they flesh them out later, and that the anime doesn't keep skipping important character building in order to rush through the story.
AurakinApr 6, 2023 3:34 PM
Apr 6, 2023 3:16 PM

May 2017
I thought this was interesting. I've actually started the manga but didn't get too far into the first volume as it didn't keep my attention, so this was pretty surprising.
I definitely don't like Ayanokouji sempai's character, real asshole right off the bat. I wonder if it will turn into a fun mind game relationship between the two. not sure what to expect from this story...

I did like that it has a BLEND-S cafe theme though, but more drama which might be fun
Apr 6, 2023 3:20 PM

Sep 2018
I thought that was pretty entertaining.

I'm looking forward to an exploration of that blurry line between act and actuality

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Apr 6, 2023 3:22 PM
Aug 2021
This shit is trying too hard.
Apr 6, 2023 3:39 PM

May 2013
Fuyuta = Haruta shoes!
Apr 6, 2023 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Jackson1333 said:

have a feeling the anime might not reach that point with only 12 episodes. But I'm hoping it does.
Liddo-kunApr 6, 2023 4:16 PM
Apr 6, 2023 4:22 PM
Dec 2020
I was extremely worried when I heard that Studio Passione would be adapting "Yuri is my job!", but from the first episode, they seem to be doing a pretty good job! Apart from a couple of really weird CG shots, the animation is very fluid and fun, and I love the little movements the characters do. I'm glad they didn't add any unnecessary fanservice, that was my biggest fear. 

It was pretty funny to see a "Maria-sama Ga Miteru"-themed cafe, and the huge difference between the actors' roles and their real personalities. It sort of reminds me of "Ouran High School Host Club" in those regards. I'm pretty excited to see where this is going. 
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - May 12, 2023

29 by Delphantasist »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 20, 2023

62 by Delphantasist »»
May 30, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 22, 2023

61 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 15, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 8 Discussion

Marinate1016 - May 25, 2023

42 by degenerate-2002 »»
Apr 6, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! Episode 7 Discussion

Serafos - May 18, 2023

33 by arachnidy »»
Mar 31, 11:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.