Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2023 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
Hell of a fight this episode. Say what you about Deku but he fought with heart against Lady Nagate this episode. The music was on par with the emotional fight too.

This is his first major fight since leaving the school but at the same time, it looks like Deku wante to save Lady Nagate too.
Feb 25, 2023 2:25 AM

May 2020
I like how despite reciting her heart-wrenching backstory, Lady Nagant was still hitting as precisely as someone could. Though little did she know, the opponent whom she was facing is the protagonist of this story. Dude attained near light speed.. saved Overhaul and almost had Nagant change sides, and I'm saying almost because.. Nagant's part over.

Oh so sad to see Nagant dying there. Man this series sure has guts killing good characters... REALLY.

Though Bones certainly went all out and atleast this part was as good.. or even more as it was in manga.
Feb 25, 2023 2:27 AM
Jul 2022
One of the best episode of season 6 maybe even better than dabi dance or katsuki bakugo rising. Animation was superb. Bones studio redeemed themselves after some criticism of deku vs shigaraki fight. One of best fight of the series. I hope they do the same with upcoming fights.
Feb 25, 2023 2:48 AM
Feb 2021
best ep in this season for me 🔥
Feb 25, 2023 2:59 AM

Jul 2017
All Might being pushed a wee back isn't going to move his resolve away from the boy whom he entrusted his future to.

As Izuku faces Lady Nagant, putting One For All to the test against the bullet-type former hero, and with the way that he is, he cannot apply multiple quirks altogether at the same time. But being Lady Nagant also since her information is credible, Izuku is faced with no choice but to improvise.

Lady Nagant's backstory, being as one of the vigilantes working for the Safety Commission and earning the trust of people while forgoing the fact that they were nothing but tools for the sham suprpowered Hero society. It grew so much that others like her grow weary and tired, and wanted a rebellion of their own since the truth in the flesh can only be realized in nothing but fantasy.

Before the confrontation, along with Overhaul, Chisaki reaccuounts how he was badly treated and taken down by Izuku back in Season 4 with Eri, and for her sake, have Izuku dealt with quickly. But so is said hero himself being able to match the power of the vestiges with her bullet from the Fa Jin Quirk, and once he did, there was no turning back with Lady Nagant's defeat. Though she might've been saved, it's All For One who added the suicide term along with the Quirk she was given if she betrays him, and ultimately, she was ended as a tool used by others.

Great action battle, that only accalimates with more hatred for All For One. Lady Nagant, you will be missed.
Feb 25, 2023 3:15 AM

Feb 2021
I love how Deku uses all the quirks and their combinations to their full potential
LADY NAGANT NOOOOO
One of the best episodes of MHA
Feb 25, 2023 3:19 AM

Nov 2011
Lady Nagant is too cool to be a villain. Her powers are pretty cool. 

Man that fight was intense. Deku using different percents of multiple abilities instead of using 100% Full Cowling was an interesting way to fight. I like it. Gives him more control of his powers. 

Saving Chisaki was an All Might thing to do but Deku looking broken now. 

All Might was pretty cool this episode too. 
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 25, 2023 3:31 AM
Aug 2022
these episodes should be of 1 hour
Feb 25, 2023 3:32 AM
May 2021
Justice for Lady Nagant!! Such a good ep!!
Feb 25, 2023 3:32 AM

Jun 2019
Incredible piece of action in this episode. Yutaka Nakamura once again can't be touched. Lady Nagant, I'm really gonna miss her. A really strong and great episode imo. Hoping for some more greatness in the upcoming episodes or maybe in the next season as well.
Feb 25, 2023 3:47 AM

Feb 2014
As expected, this fight was very intense and epic all the way to its conclusion. Seeing Lady Nagant's backstory and how she went from doing what she did to what what led to her original downfall was sad to see, adding more weight to her battle against Deku.

Thankfully, Deku's controlled use of his multiple abilities and excellent timing won him this battle. We were treated to multiple moments of superb animation sakuga moments during his attacks, which was awesome.

Not only that, but while Lady Nagant was saved, although she is on the verge of death thanks to her breaching All For One's contract clause, Deku did offer a deal with Chisaki if he fully shows remorse for what he did to Eri if he wants to see his old boss ever again.

Sadly, you can see Deku's expression looking more pained and emotionless towards the end of the episode. Heck, even in the preview for next week's episode, he doesn't even say "Plus Ultra!" and continues to sound broken and hollow. Excellent episode overall and i look forward to seeing what will happen next for Deku.

Stay strong, Deku...
Feb 25, 2023 3:47 AM

Feb 2018
noooo not the baddie Lady Nagant D:

Screw All for One man, and Deku thinks so too lol.

Deku's looking kinda crazy at the end but I think it's kinda cool. He really got strong and adapted the the quirks so quickly, it's kind of amazing.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Feb 25, 2023 3:49 AM
Aug 2022
The best animated episode of the season for now. Loved the way it was adapted.
Feb 25, 2023 4:21 AM
Oct 2022
one of the best episode in mha
Feb 25, 2023 4:22 AM

Jul 2013
Fuck that was so good
Feb 25, 2023 4:23 AM

Aug 2017
Now this shit was actually good
Feb 25, 2023 4:36 AM

Aug 2017
Well, the whole thing with Lady Nagant was done in two episodes. That's something I don't like about purely sniper characters: once they are discovered, is the end for them, unless they have another resource to continue the battle or to kill the objective along with them. That's why Nagant used Selfdestruct, ok, but I don't understand why she was able to still talk AFTER she blew up.
Feb 25, 2023 4:40 AM

Jun 2014
Yutaka Nakamura did it again, ladies and gentlemen. That dude is an animation GOD, he and everyone who worked on this episode deserve their flowers. This was the best MHA has looked in a long time, they did Deku's Faux 100% Fa Jin moves justice. Loved seeing how far Deku has come with the proficiency of using the previous OFA users' Quirks and how he applied them into his tactics. 

With the climactic fight over, we've come to the end of the lovely Lady Nagant (for now). With AFO being the cunning piece of shit he is, it makes sense that he would include a failure clause within Lady Nagant's mission. Deku looked so dead and broken at the end, and that was only reinforced in the preview. Crazy to listen to the difference in his voice during previews from the early seasons compared to now. Props to his VA. And damn, is this the first time they didn't end a preview with "Plus Ultra?"  Nice touch there. 

Also, like I mentioned last week, I'm loving the Alfred role All Might has taken on in this "Deku Batman" arc. His first scene just before the OP was so badass. Great episode, and shout out to Yuuki Hayashi and his OST, it really brought out the sadness of Lady Nagant's emotional scene toward the end.
thebrentinator24Feb 25, 2023 10:51 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Feb 25, 2023 4:43 AM

Apr 2022
nahhh what the hell not lady nagant too, we literally just got her! this shit is ass man. how many more baddies must we lose?!

right from the get-go we got some batmobile action which was cool, all might looked like he was on demon time. hawks can't fly yet, damn.
Feb 25, 2023 4:53 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Good display of quirk combination by Deku. The scene was rough behind the public eye for moral heroes. I don't think Lady Nagant is dead, she's bound to come back sooner or later.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 25, 2023 5:03 AM
Jul 2020
Trully, it is a terrible day to rain................... 😭
Feb 25, 2023 5:07 AM

Apr 2018
What an incredible episode. It's not just the action that was great, but the overall atmosphere of the episode was done perfectly. Deku's display of multiple quirks including the new one Fa Jin showcased his development. It's a little bit messy when he uses most of them, but reducing them to three is his key strenght. One thing that I did not like is when Deku used his Faux 100% Fa Jin and the climax ended up being afterimages of Deku. I personally would have loved if you could see him speed through her in slowmotion. Other than that, Yutaka Nakamura is one hell of a goat. 

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Feb 25, 2023 5:07 AM

Nov 2016
Crazy how I feel bad for Chisaki in spite of all he did to Eri.

I loved these two Nagant episodes, season 6 is pure entertainment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 25, 2023 5:19 AM

Oct 2009
Not sure I can care so much about yet another new face we only even met, what, six episodes ago? And have barely gotten to know since. This story has such a huge ensemble cast that bringing in anyone new  at this point is as good as doomed - it's either very predictable they aren't gonna be around for long, and thus any time spent on them is gonna be a waste... Or it's very clearly happening at the expense of someone or something else (case in point all of All Might's presence this episode, showing up for the intro, and then - he's just magically there at the end again, with no idea what happens in-between), in which case their certified sob stories are just gonna end up upsetting people. Probably a mixture of both. Hell, I hardly even remembered Chisaki, and he's been around for roughly the second half of the entire anime now.

Also lol at all the praises though, especially around these parts where people in general love to b×tch and moan so much about the minutest animation details that one can barely even tell are (not) there. Best? Awesome? Really? With that part right at the beginning that feels like a computer that can't quite keep up rendering enough frames so the average FPS drops well below 20, even. And then a bunch of long panning/zooming shots of almost-still images, as if to say it's better not to force what the hardware obviously can't do. Interspersed with cutscene-flashbacks because we gotta feel for Nagant. Suuuure, I guess... One or two nicer moments maybe, but the rest is anything but.

But HOLY SH×T if there's a star of this episode, it's the entire audio department. Voices, effects, MUSIC - those actually elevate some otherwise rather average cookie cutter scenes here. Absolutely perfect.

PS: the discrepancy between hakkei and fa jin just drives me up the wall. As I imagine it would any average viewer. They clearly chose to go with hakkei, why the hell can't the subs just say that? It's confusing for no good reason. 
yellowheartrenFeb 25, 2023 5:29 AM
Feb 25, 2023 5:20 AM

Jan 2018
I really hope Nagant won't die.

Looking forward to Chisaki's apology to Eri.
Feb 25, 2023 5:41 AM

Jun 2016
what the fvck !! this episode totally amazing and painful to watch also !!
Feb 25, 2023 5:54 AM

Jan 2009
there it is Fajin and Pseudo 100% of One For All in one episode eh

get well soon Lady Nagant

also Yutapon spotted but its one of his weakest sakuga so far
Feb 25, 2023 6:01 AM
Jan 2015
Minute 21:15 look at Endeavor face
Feb 25, 2023 6:10 AM
Oct 2016
One of the best produced episodes of this season! They went all out for Lady Nagant big episode! Deku realizing who he's facing at the end of last episode so he's trying to close that distance. Noticing that Lady Nagant has been given another quirk by All For One changes how Deku needs to approach her. Creating those decoys through the smokescreen was very smart. Draw her fire towards those while Deku scales the building in her blind spot. Getting to see the latest of his quirks Fa Jin from the third user, that allows Deku to store kinetic energy then unleash it with incredible force. The animation when Deku powered up using Fa Jin looked so badass!! Those big wide city shots when he was heading for Lady Nagant and trying to save Overhaul blew my mind. Deku shifting between quirks is so cool, using them in versatile ways.

Lady Nagant having a tragic life thus far, the safety Commission scooping her up at a young age to be their operative like they later did Hawks. Lady Nagant being frustrated by the way they do things, A happy face in public but murdering people behind closed doors isn't going to sit right with most people. Lady Nagant just couldn't take it anymore, its sad to see a bright young girl be twisted into someone with such hate for society. Constantly being used for her abilities, something we see in our own world, until she has nothing left and snaps. All For One leaving a trap in the quirk he gave her. Its sad to see her explode right as Deku reaches out her hand but thankfully Hawks speaks some words of inspiration. Deku seeing the pain All For One continues to bring upon others is driving him mad.
Feb 25, 2023 6:27 AM
Mar 2021
This was one of the best episodes of Boku no Hero, maybe the best, the rhythm was perfect, All Might remains one of the best characters in the anime even without powers and, at least for me, finally I can see Midoriya as a good protagonist who leads the plot in a good way
Feb 25, 2023 6:44 AM

Jul 2013
damn...
bones put extra works for this season <3

Amazing sakuga!

cant wait for next episode(s)

----

deg said:

His name in the credit as well for this episode?
too lazy to check, LOL
Feb 25, 2023 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
shuffle_017 said:
deg said:

His name in the credit as well for this episode?
too lazy to check, LOL

yep here https://twitter.com/Nakayasee/status/1629405128234000384
Feb 25, 2023 7:06 AM

Dec 2016
It's sad enough to see Lady Nagant being used like that with her amazing quirk. She deserved better :(
Seriously, Chisaki clearly forgot the terrible things he did to Eri and only wanted to apologize to the old man? Unforgivable! But I must not forget the old man is Eri's grandfather, so there's only that :/
Great episode by the way! :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2023 7:07 AM

Oct 2019
12:25 into the episode honestly chisaki is so right deku really has a major hero complex, its ok and good to want to help people but helping everyone at cost of your own destruction is exagerated and stupid, imagine he gest so physically fucked that when the time comes to fight all for one he cant even move his arms anymore it wont happen cuz he has plot armor but still its dumb and its a bit annoying
Feb 25, 2023 7:12 AM

Dec 2016
shuffle_017 said:
damn...
bones put extra works for this season <3

Amazing sakuga!

cant wait for next episode(s)

I hate to inform you but,

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2013

thanks bro!

---

PurpleGirl203 said:
I hate to inform you but,

yup, hence episode(s)
not sure how they will pace it.

best case, eps22, worst case eps 23.
Im ok with either one. hahaha
Feb 25, 2023 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
Even without any power, All Might still puts so much pressure. Chills.

Great fight, glad to see this animated because understanding it on the manga was a bit hard. 
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 25, 2023 7:45 AM

Oct 2018
So disgusting to see Nakamura's cut getting ruined by the dimming. The Endeavor fight from S4 also had this problem but being taken place in the night, this one just looks worse. The nighttime also helps him use the lighting very efficiently. Also, the 2nd part of his scene (smash) ending with a still frame, similar to the 3rd filler movie, got fixed in the BD, so hope the same thing happens to this. The shot of the bullet slown down with the raindrops was a standout and use of the CG department of Bones (fairly recently?) in the beginning.

deg said:

Imagine how awful this would have looked if it was part of the TV series with all the dimming/ghosting
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/144465

Feb 25, 2023 8:00 AM

Feb 2021
yellowheartren said:
PS: the discrepancy between hakkei and fa jin just drives me up the wall. As I imagine it would any average viewer. They clearly chose to go with hakkei, why the hell can't the subs just say that? It's confusing for no good reason. 
The Quirk is named after a chinese martial art technique
hakkei is just the japanese pronunciation of the characters (Chinese: 發勁, Japanese: 発勁)
Feb 25, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 2022
His eyes were so menacing at the end!!😨
Feb 25, 2023 8:03 AM
Jun 2007
Deku's combo of OFA, BlackWhip and Fa Jin (Faux 100 Percent: Manchester Smash) is crazy.
It looks like Deku might be "broken"
Feb 25, 2023 8:07 AM

Jun 2022
Probably the best episode of season 6 so far. Although I'm sad Lady Nagant with probably one of the most badass quirks we have seen yet is already gone after just 2 episodes. 
Feb 25, 2023 8:10 AM
Aug 2017
ABD77_ said:
these episodes should be of 1 hour
It sure felt like the fight took 1 hour and 5 minutes at the same time.
Feb 25, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2022
God I LOVE this arc!!! Great fight, and actually superb episode!!! Animation actually looked really good compared to the rest of the season, and just honestly a great time. The arc isn't over yet, and Deku's about to get a whole lot edgier!! This is some good shit!!

Feb 25, 2023 8:40 AM

Jan 2009
Etherius_ZS said:
So disgusting to see Nakamura's cut getting ruined by the dimming. The Endeavor fight from S4 also had this problem but being taken place in the night, this one just looks worse. The nighttime also helps him use the lighting very efficiently. Also, the 2nd part of his scene (smash) ending with a still frame, similar to the 3rd filler movie, got fixed in the BD, so hope the same thing happens to this. The shot of the bullet slown down with the raindrops was a standout and use of the CG department of Bones (fairly recently?) in the beginning.

deg said:

Imagine how awful this would have looked if it was part of the TV series with all the dimming/ghosting
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/144465

agreed that looks too chaotic
Feb 25, 2023 8:50 AM
Aug 2022
I hope lady nagant survives.
Feb 25, 2023 9:06 AM
Feb 2021
next episode gonna be lit ,gonna adapt the rage scene
Feb 25, 2023 9:20 AM

Nov 2017
That BGM is so good at fight. Need more scene fighting again.

Feb 25, 2023 9:24 AM

Jan 2021
Deku is a true hero that tries to save everyone. Dude out speed a bullet to save a psychopathic murderer. Then he went back even faster to save Lady Nagant. Empathizing with her and showing that she can still change.

Lady Nagant better survive she was just a person constantly getting used. She deserves to be happy.

Also Deku is not okay, give him a nice warm meal and a bed, please.
Feb 25, 2023 9:28 AM
Dec 2020
omg this ep was something else
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

270 by TheGhostlyShadow »»
Sep 23, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2022

118 by caoxs »»
Sep 22, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2023

150 by ToTheGyz »»
Sep 22, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2023

164 by ToTheGyz »»
Sep 22, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 6th Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

181 by ToTheGyz »»
Sep 21, 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.