Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 9, 2014 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
Well.... the whole episode was like "¿¡what the hell is going on?!" and "¿¡are you serious?!" I feel a little disappointed whit these final episodes, so I think I MUST read the manga.
Apr 18, 2014 7:21 PM

Jul 2007
I am reading the manga as well but im quite far behind, the death city robot? Was that not in the manga? Also i noticed Exclaubar suddenly appears, i thought it was only a filler character. Was this character actually in the manga as well?

Lastly, i kind of knew something was a bit off with that mifune Vs black star fight. It just seemed very very cliche to me. I am glad to know that it was only changed in the anime, so ill have to check out the real fight in the manga soon.

Anyways can some one clear up my questions, thanks!

May 3, 2014 11:34 PM

Dec 2013
What the fuck just happened.. This is how they rushed an ending before the manga was even completed -.-
Jun 15, 2014 1:30 PM

Mar 2013
LMAO. The mecha thing came out of the blue and whacked me in the head. Really unexpected turn of events that I nonetheless appreciated. Death city swallowing the Kishin like that... pfft.
Aug 8, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
Well... That was kind of a disappointment... I mean if you are going to include a robot battle in this show (NOT ADVISED) then at least make the robots look decent. The city robot was just an awkward, wonky mess...

REALLY hope this show redeems itself in the next episode cause I really want to give it a good rating!

Sep 19, 2014 3:28 AM
Dec 2011
wow...........I LOVE THIS!!....you should never ever i mean ever piss off a GRIM REAPER !!! ( i love this death god and his son ) oh my god i could actually feel how angry he got during that epic fight that was amazing i love it sooo..... much i have already watch this episode 2 times going to watch again ! this is awesome black star finally opening up to tsubaki ! i will say more opinions after i watch it again :3
Dec 12, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2014
Shinigami-sama is so strong! And the Kisshin was eaten by the Death City...
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 24, 2015 10:06 PM
Aug 2014
Trie said:

Yeah, that scene basically described my reaction to this episode... I was in tears with laughter during the Mech fight
I'm not saying Steins;Gate has to be your favourite show. But if you don't like it I'll have to drown you in Dr Pepper.

Sometimes I forget to check back when I post. If you really think I need to hear something it's best to just send me a message.
Mar 9, 2015 2:55 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I did not expect this at all. I mean, I enjoyed it, but still. For a second I thought I was watching TTGL or something.
Mar 30, 2015 12:08 AM

Nov 2014
Well that's one way to get rid of the Kishin xD Lol he just...ate him...Om nom nom! =3

I can't help but picture what everyone in the city must be thinking. If he didn't evacuate the city first, he put everyone in danger. They all would have totally fallen off the side of the city too. xP And how did he know he wasn't smooshing some of his own teammates with all the tree smacking he was doing? Sid and Nygus (and some of the others? I think?) were still in the forest...I'm sure they're fine though because anime logic. =3
Jul 6, 2015 11:35 AM

Feb 2015
I expected a much more original fight between Black Star and Mifune in this episode but they ended it up in a cliche... The death city robot was pretty funny but cool though.
Dec 12, 2015 6:08 PM

Jan 2015
This show has gotten so weird. Even tho it's an original story not from the manga source after ep 36.
Jun 21, 2016 3:20 PM

May 2013
lolol see what I done said? Miracle Revival!!!!!!!! XDDD

at least Mifune can become a sensei now tho. He's such a nice guy. I want him to do what he'll be happy with
Jan 4, 2017 2:48 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Blackstar got up....

but Lord Death Gundam action? Awesome stuff!
Feb 4, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't mind the Black Star vs Mifune fight, but, again, it felt rushed (it's been a common theme since the anime separated from the manga) and I really didn't get it.
I mean, I totally anticipated Black Star to lose and fall again into the Nakatsukasa grave, swamp, afterlife or whatever the hell the thing is, and talk to their animal spirit, god, or whatever TF, to get a power up, but the whole scene doesn't make sense.

The spirit basically tells him "Well, you chose the demon's path because you are scared to lose, instead of following the warrior's path" and BS is "meh, I don't give a capital F", then he cries for no reason.
I expected then something like "I accept my fears and that I'm not a god, I have more important stuff than my ego to protect" and the spirit, after seeing him humbling down, to give him power, but, instead, he just goes "nah, I'm crying because I pity your clan, and I won't admit I did lose, but I won't follow any demon's path either because that's for losers, I'll just be badass and win anyway because I'm stonger than gods and FU", and the spirit is, like, "Uh, ok, then you win a free powerup, whatever, I give up on the whole thing making any sense".
It seems pretty nonsensical and a total asspull.

BUT. Shinigami-sama using his genie's lamp artifact to make Shibusen into a giant robot to allow him to fight was pretty awesome. It was foreshadowed when they told that to allow him to fight the whole city should have grown legs and that it was impossible, therefore I half expected it, but it was still pretty cool.
ShendueFeb 4, 2017 5:12 PM
Mar 11, 2017 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
How the hell did we end up SO FAST in a "WTF" moment.
Hilarious "mecha" fight though.

Also I like how Black Star got back to life and being able to beat Mifune / convince him to join the "good" side.
Sep 14, 2017 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
Well, i think Black Star vs Mifune could have been way better, but i cant say i hate it. The mecha was was funny for me.
Nov 4, 2018 5:15 AM

Mar 2016
Wow, Black Star suddenly coming back and finally being able to fully use the enchanted katana was cliche as hell! What Black Star said of choosing a path that is beyond god is cool and all, but still it doesn't make up for this dead obvious cliche! Well, let's look at the bright side, I love how badass Black Star act in this episode! The last dash to defeat Mifune with the red enchanted katana was epic! Also, it seems like Mifune will end up being a teacher after all I guess...

So since the brew could grant desires, and Death's desire is to participate in the war, why not just get his soul to be not fixed to the DWMA instead of making a freakin' robot-DWMA!? Though I can't argue that the Robot-DWMA fight against the Robot-Spider-Castle isn't hilariously amazing because it is! I just love how the characters reacted during this unexpected mecha battle!

Whaaaa?! That is some smooth way to capture the kishin XD
Apr 25, 2019 7:55 AM

Dec 2018
So, no explanation how Black Star get up and fight again and eventually win. And his technique doesn't kill Mifune conveniently to get him joined the 'good' side.

And we get a robot battle, well at least that's unexpected and Kishin is captured.

All ends well for this episode.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 1, 2019 3:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
wtf ? I don't understand what is happening to be honest
Jan 9, 2020 4:52 PM

May 2016
This episode was both ridiculous and awesome.

Black Star getting his soul vanquished to the deepest regions of the Enchanted Blade only to immediately revive and power-up to beat Mifune happened awfully quickly but I guess that's how fickle the power of souls are. Casting away his arrogance and conceit to carry the burden of those who came before him is truly a sign of Black Star growing as a character though. It was too easy of a solution though...

Death's mecha battle with Mosquito was hilarious, and really fun to watch especially when he got angrier and angrier at that pesky castle dodging his attacks. The episode ending abruptly with Death City swallowing Asura was absurd lmao

Jan 11, 2022 3:03 PM

Mar 2020
probably funniest mecha fight i've ever seen, the man vs nature conflict was really well executed, even if the nature is just a very agile giant spider robot that shoots lasers and electric strings
Oct 24, 2022 3:35 PM
Jan 2021
EXCALIBUUUR EXCALIBUUUR
Dec 12, 2022 11:14 AM

Dec 2018
i like mifune but what the heck was that mech battle type stuff? what happens to the people living in death city? they have to be like, flying around while all this is going on.
Jan 11, 2023 8:22 PM

Apr 2016
Even if they acknowledge it in-universe this felt weird, as if they have to fill up time with something.
May 30, 2023 7:58 PM
Apr 2023
The intense battle between Mifune and Black☆Star was good, and the mechanics fight between Death and Mosquito was even better.
Oct 8, 2023 10:13 PM

Oct 2020
I'm probably not the first to say this, but Asura getting cartoonishly pulled out of Baba Yaga castle and eaten(?) by the Death City robot-mecha-thing in the last few moments of the episode felt a little anticlimactic
Mar 30, 9:06 AM

Apr 2015
Lol this was a good mecha episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 2, 2008

146 by Klogfork »»
Jun 13, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kiseki - Aug 25, 2008

187 by Twerms »»
Jun 10, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Darkreaper70 - May 5, 2008

132 by Dylwaves »»
Jun 5, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zvuc - Apr 7, 2008

273 by Kkkkkkazu »»
Jun 2, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cbkh915 - Mar 30, 2009

615 by krelbiet »»
May 23, 10:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.