Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2022 11:35 AM

Dec 2021
Apolygon2 said:
Gsarthotegga said:

I think a score in the 5 range makes sense for this, but it's true that MAL is very easy going with ratings and pretty bad stuff ends up with a 6 minimum when it comes to seasonal anime. I haven't seen Redo of Healer, but it looks like it would have a lower score based on what I've heard and the clips I've seen...

Maybe the only exception where ratings are often lower than I'd expect is with certain older stuff or OVAs.

I haven't seen Another in a long time, but I actually see it as more of a comedy/horror. I remember the direction the mystery went in was very strange/silly.

You mean the original Higurashi ending? Yeah, I get tired of the "The VN takes care of this" people. XD

I still haven't finished Kai. I don't think I have a problem with the story of Higurashi so much as how it is sometimes told. I really didn't like the ending of the original Higurashi. It felt very rushed and awkward.

TheBlockernator is right though that people are pretty irritable when it comes to dubs on here, and that being the only option so far probably does hurt this more than the usual average-tier series that might end up with a 6 instead. It'd be interesting to have an alternate exposure with Japanese subs and see how much the ratings differ.

oh I didn't know you haven't finished kai.

I actually liked the last arc of the first season. it was probably my favorite section since the answer to "how they go crazy" was imo very satisfying and the final fight was kind of epic.

the part that I just genuinely disliked is the ending of the kai. and I think you will see why once you finish it.

I would give points to another for being a good comedy, but I don't think it is trying to be. giving it points for that would be like giving ex arm points for how hilariously bad it's visuals are.

and yeah the older less known shows tend to have lower scores.

7.25+ old ova in my eyes holds the same value as an 8+ of newer ratings.

I do agree with the dub being a part of it though.

the show has a very japanese setting which was kind of jarring at times. and mal specially has extreme dub-phobia. and the dub itself is pretty meh, which doesn't help it's case at all.

although I do find it funny how some people think the dub is the worst thing ever.

I'm really not sure with Another. It was tapping into a kind of distinctly animeish brand of gorey b-movie horror, and I feel certain parts probably were intentional, like that weird dance scene. It gets to a point where it's hard to tell what is and isn't intentional... although (presumed) unintentional humor can lend a work a unique atmosphere and entertainment value that I probably wouldn't compare to Ex-Arms visuals, but people also do approach the latter for its supposed "so bad it's good" qualities. I just see so bad it's bad in that case. :S

I thought the end arc on Higurashi S1 was good, I just wasn't keen on the execution at the end of it during a few parts, more than anything else. Yeah, I'll finish Kai soon and see...

The dub does seem worse than average from what I remember—I mean, obviously, by the standards of a dub like Cowboy Bebop or something like that especially. But I've seen a lot of complaints about Kimi in particular.
Oct 21, 2022 11:40 AM

Oct 2019
Gsarthotegga said:
Apolygon2 said:

oh I didn't know you haven't finished kai.

I actually liked the last arc of the first season. it was probably my favorite section since the answer to "how they go crazy" was imo very satisfying and the final fight was kind of epic.

the part that I just genuinely disliked is the ending of the kai. and I think you will see why once you finish it.

I would give points to another for being a good comedy, but I don't think it is trying to be. giving it points for that would be like giving ex arm points for how hilariously bad it's visuals are.

and yeah the older less known shows tend to have lower scores.

7.25+ old ova in my eyes holds the same value as an 8+ of newer ratings.

I do agree with the dub being a part of it though.

the show has a very japanese setting which was kind of jarring at times. and mal specially has extreme dub-phobia. and the dub itself is pretty meh, which doesn't help it's case at all.

although I do find it funny how some people think the dub is the worst thing ever.

I'm really not sure with Another. It was tapping into a kind of distinctly animeish brand of gorey b-movie horror, and I feel certain parts probably were intentional, like that weird dance scene. It gets to a point where it's hard to tell what is and isn't intentional... although (presumed) unintentional humor can lend a work a unique atmosphere and entertainment value that I probably wouldn't compare to Ex-Arms visuals, but people also do approach the latter for its supposed "so bad it's good" qualities. I just see so bad it's bad in that case. :S

I thought the end arc on Higurashi S1 was good, I just wasn't keen on the execution at the end of it during a few parts, more than anything else. Yeah, I'll finish Kai soon and see...

The dub does seem worse than average from what I remember—I mean, obviously, by the standards of a dub like Cowboy Bebop or something like that especially. But I've seen a lot of complaints about Kimi in particular.

idk, I though the sounds matched the characters, the script is decent, and the sound quality is fine.

it didn't do anything to blow me away. but I didn't think anyone sounded "bad" ether

what do you think is wrong with kimi's voice?
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 21, 2022 12:06 PM

Dec 2021
Apolygon2 said:
Gsarthotegga said:

idk, I though the sounds matched the characters, the script is decent, and the sound quality is fine.

it didn't do anything to blow me away. but I didn't think anyone sounded "bad" ether

what do you think is wrong with kimi's voice?

I'm not sure. I didn't think one VA was distinctly bad over another, but the only name I ever see dropped in relation to the dub is Kimi. I guess she must either come across as younger than she's meant to be or the opposite. I'll have to pay more attention to her voice for the final episode... :\
Oct 22, 2022 2:35 PM

Mar 2019
this show is so inconsistent. like, it kind of seemed to be going in this direction, at least, but the turns and shifts between info dump and plot have been so neckbrecking. It's literally a rollercoaster, and a rickety old wooden one at that.
Oct 26, 2022 8:07 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Ok so what I said in the previous episode turned out to be semi-confirmed in this one lol. But it's not as if it wasn't obvious enough already, the show basically already spoiled half of that to us with the intro of the first episode.
Kimi can see the body unlike the others because of her inherited powers as a priestress goddess or something
I'm mostly suspicious of Yuri's father, he most likely is involved in this he must be some kind of religious nutjob, I think he's the one who made all of those gross sacrificial offerings. Since her daughter is hinted at being one of the reincarnated priestesses he must've had some kind of plan to bring them both together and to "wake up" whatever there is to wake up
The plant scene is... wtf. I figured the mom was obviously dead but I wasn't expecting that weirdass imagery

Nov 14, 2022 8:02 AM
Feb 2016
nostalgiaas said:
Ok so what I said in the previous episode turned out to be semi-confirmed in this one lol. But it's not as if it wasn't obvious enough already, the show basically already spoiled half of that to us with the intro of the first episode.
Kimi can see the body unlike the others because of her inherited powers as a priestress goddess or something
I'm mostly suspicious of Yuri's father, he most likely is involved in this he must be some kind of religious nutjob, I think he's the one who made all of those gross sacrificial offerings. Since her daughter is hinted at being one of the reincarnated priestesses he must've had some kind of plan to bring them both together and to "wake up" whatever there is to wake up
The plant scene is... wtf. I figured the mom was obviously dead but I wasn't expecting that weirdass imagery

The one putting the scrificial offerings were the deep one (those monster fish) we can actually see them in the first episode during the roof scene at night, Kimi was watching them put offerings everywhere, and when it shows them they're in fact holding fishes, i realized that when i analyzed the anime after finishing it and rechecking some previous scene.
Feb 1, 2023 3:20 PM

Nov 2020
Those flashbacks that Kimi had were very much in the style of Saya No Uta. I liked this chapter more because of the discoveries they made inside the mountain.

One more chapter and this Lovecraftian miniseries is over
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Mar 13, 2023 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
Have to admit I was being drawn into the story but the English subs were all over the place and out of synch so I have even less idea what is happening.  Pity because I do feel there was a lot of potential in the story. 
May the Uguu be with you.

Dec 29, 2023 8:53 AM

Nov 2015
APolygons2 said:
the show has a very japanese setting

wonder what kind of Japanese town has a building in the middle of the forest... instead of shacks or bungalows, I dunno something more country like you know? something more resistant that don't attract moss or smth... and by the way, where exactly are located the others A and B complexes? wth

💢

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who enjoyed it?

PetelgeuseDES - Jan 2, 2023

22 by Destroyer31 »»
Feb 26, 1:12 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Oct 22, 2022

83 by Destroyer31 »»
Feb 26, 1:10 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 2 Discussion

TheBlockernator - Oct 8, 2022

32 by alshu »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:20 PM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Oct 1, 2022

80 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:53 PM

» only english dub available? ( 1 2 )

just_mii - Oct 3, 2022

57 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 6, 2023 12:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.