Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Summertime Rendering
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2022 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
With an episode this intense, it seems they still put a lot of responsibility on Shinpei's shoulders.

Seeing all the different Shadows clash made this episode feel like a climax. What a bloody ending. Damn.
Aug 25, 2022 8:37 AM

May 2020
Hizuru's fighting skills aren't second to anyone, be it with a sledgehammer or with a spear she can have her go with anything. That's something we all know at this point. Though heart goes out for her when she blames herself for Ryuunosuke's demise, given how her getting close to Haine back then eventually was the point when everything started going downfall. So a chance to redeem herself by making the very existence of shadows disappear from this island is that thing she's dead set on. That coordinated attack with Ryuunosuke certainly did a number on Shide but so it did on Hizuru.

Again not sure with the deal of two Shide(s) at two places at the same time when they basically confirmed both are humans, them being twins or something is the only plausible outcome. Also I remember Shinpei mentioning some episodes ago in that meeting at gymnasium that at most he can only loop once more as the limits were dreadfully closer, and that last chance is the one he’s having right now. But… NO he looped again and is even talking about looping once again lol.

Leaving those things aside Hizuru’s gone, courtesy of Shinpei looping again and thus the whole redo of that clash between her and Shide, giving him the chance to deliver that final blow. But again it won't be worth getting surprised over if somehow she returns back later on.
Aug 25, 2022 12:19 PM
Jun 2020
RIP Nagumo-sensei o7
Aug 25, 2022 12:32 PM
Mar 2015
so long Hizuru So Shide has a different goal than Haine
Aug 25, 2022 12:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, that definitely took a turn for the worse! Shide, the real antagonist? Well, that's interesting.

Shinpei used up all his retries but couldn't manage to save Hizuru-san. On the bright side, though, there's Mio and Sou along with Tokiko and Nezu-san who are alive now.

I wonder what that light close to Shinpei was all about, could it be Ushio?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 25, 2022 12:52 PM

Feb 2021
damn dude so we got to the point where whoever dies now is dead for good. shide and haine look and are so damn cool man what an episode man. i hope haine gets a happy ending fuck shide man

"𝘏𝘦𝘺, 𝘏𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪... 𝘕𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘢 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦."
⁻𝘕𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘖𝘴𝘢𝘬𝘪
Aug 25, 2022 1:10 PM

Feb 2019
Naaaaah bro ain’t no fucking way my baby gone fr??? Nahhh man I refuse to believe Hizuru is really dead. Pain.

They gotta pull some time shenanigans at the end. I don’t think ushio is really gone either so there’s gotta be a way.

The story’s done an amazing job of just making you feel hopeless. Down to Mio and Ryunosuke as the only “super power” having people left, I just don’t see how that’ll be enough. I think they’ll have to rely on getting Haine to see shide’s deception rather than a straight up battle against them.

Gonna be a crazy next month or so of summertime render, hoping they stick the ending.

Shide being the real one behind everything isn’t really a surprise. When it was revealed that he was transferring his memories from body to body throughout the centuries it was pretty evident that he had ulterior motives and was using Haine’s abilities for his own gain. What that gain is? I don’t know, but it’s certainly not as peaceful as “going home”.

Shadow mio has actually been getting a lot of personality in these last few eps. I’m liking it.
Marinate1016Aug 25, 2022 1:30 PM
Aug 25, 2022 1:37 PM
Oct 2020
A great episode again, but oh boy the ending was so emotional.

Hizuru :(
Aug 25, 2022 2:59 PM

Apr 2016
Hizuru's death took me out. While I have a feeling Ushio might come back in the end, Hizuru is definitely gone for good. I hate the feelings of hopelessness this anime leaves you with.

It's gonna be great seeing Shide get what's coming to him, that bastard.
Aug 25, 2022 3:24 PM

Sep 2019
Rest in peace, Hizuru.
"As far as endings go...this isn't so bad. It's not about how long you lived. It's about... It's about how well you lived!"
Best girl died. :)
Aug 25, 2022 3:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i knew if one of them died it'd be her... but maaaaaaaaaaan....

EcchiGodMamsterAug 25, 2022 3:33 PM
Aug 25, 2022 4:07 PM
Jun 2021
the tears fell down and all about this episode was truly amazing.

I have no words left.
Aug 25, 2022 4:44 PM

May 2019
Production team really do be killin' off characters like that, and this time, it's rather more permanent than a simple loop back.

All I can see from this episode is that the main cast is being decimated left and right, and with the Event Horizon closing in at a faster pace, Shinpei will have to deal with that reality. On the more pressing matter, it really does feel like it was a "A soul for a soul;" while we do see a resurgence of Ryuunosuke's character (even just for half the episode and the only remnant of the twins that carries on in the series), it does come at the cost of Hizuru's life. Of course, this hits Shinpei the hardest as she was one of the more powerful allies on the cast, and seemed very desperate to loop back again before being stopped by shadow Mio. In that instance, I feel, it was the best representation of Shinpei's character throughout this series: while he may seem calm, calculated, and outwitting, his caring side of appears more often than not of wanting to help as many people as possible—a common theme held by Western comic book superheroes.

"Haine might be a monster, but her original personality was a lonely girl who loved to be spoiled. A lone child. Shide's goal differs from hers."
As said by Hizuru on her dying breath, Shinpei, and also for the viewer by extension, will also have to alter his perspective on the situation going forward, most especially with Shide. While this was mentioned in the previous loop towards the beginning of the episode, it doesn't become effective to the plot until this point. With such a great loss in this episode, we could probably argue whether it was worth it to loop in the middle of the episode or not, but it is clear that the constant factor in all this remains. However, a glimmer of hope, an actual one for that fact, seemed to have glistened at the tail end before Haine & Shide retreat underground. While it was observant to see many rooting for the return of Ushio at some point, I'm going to hold off on that hype train and wouldn't rest my thinking on that just yet.

"It ain't about how long ya lived. But how well ya use yer life."
Ngl, this has to be one of the better quotes to live by
NekOniiChanAug 25, 2022 4:47 PM
Aug 25, 2022 6:21 PM

May 2021
Oh boy, another best girl falls in this episode. It's even worse now since, in the previous loop, they actually managed to come up with such a good plan and Ryuunosuke even got a body.

Another thing, Shide might really be the final boss, after all, disguising himself as a general. That's good since he feels more intimidating to me, personality-wise, than Haine.

Aug 25, 2022 6:37 PM

Nov 2011
Dude fuck man FUCK! Like I thought this was a well done episode but fuck man...pour one out for Hizuru...god dammit this one hit me hard as hell. God im disappointed. They better give Shide the business by the end of this anime.

Ushio still alive with that shining yellow light though???

My only gripe is that I thought Shinpei was already at his limit before he reset.

Side note: Those kids he saved before are dead too.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 25, 2022 6:48 PM
May 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Naaaaah bro ain’t no fucking way my baby gone fr??? Nahhh man I refuse to believe Hizuru is really dead. Pain.

They gotta pull some time shenanigans at the end. I don’t think ushio is really gone either so there’s gotta be a way.

The story’s done an amazing job of just making you feel hopeless. Down to Mio and Ryunosuke as the only “super power” having people left, I just don’t see how that’ll be enough. I think they’ll have to rely on getting Haine to see shide’s deception rather than a straight up battle against them.

Gonna be a crazy next month or so of summertime render, hoping they stick the ending.

Shide being the real one behind everything isn’t really a surprise. When it was revealed that he was transferring his memories from body to body throughout the centuries it was pretty evident that he had ulterior motives and was using Haine’s abilities for his own gain. What that gain is? I don’t know, but it’s certainly not as peaceful as “going home”.

Shadow mio has actually been getting a lot of personality in these last few eps. I’m liking it.

EcchiGodMamster said:
i knew if one of them died it'd be her... but maaaaaaaaaaan....

i knew there is one major character that is gonna die cuz its just makes sense you cannot save them all without doing some sacrifice but i never predicted that its gonna be Hizuru

So no more Hizuru eyecandy fridays sad

Aug 25, 2022 7:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I like how Shide because he has 4 arms, he can shrug with one pair while at the same time keeping his other pair of arms folded.

Since Haine and Shide are pretty much looping back with Shinpei, I wonder if Shinpei considered the possibility that Shide would beat Hizuru this time around, since Shide basically gets a redo of the fight. Granted, Shide didn't know exactly what was going on on Hizuru's end, and in fact didn't know whether she was alive or not. Mio and Tokiko (and the others?) were already dead at that point, so of course a loop was necessary at that point. I just would've like to see Shinpei at least consider in his mind that Hizuru would be in more danger in her second confrontation with Shide.

Man, I can barely imagine what this would be like to binge watch straight through. We're watching this weekly, we have a good chunk of time to "recover" and to sort of let things sink in after every harrowing episode. But to watch this straight from start to finish all at once, with something of high significance happening pretty much at the end of EVERY episode?? That would probably feel like an unrelenting flurry of punches to the gut delivered in rapid succession.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 25, 2022 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
this episode was really weak compared to the rest imo 5/10
Aug 25, 2022 7:43 PM
Oct 2014
The tears really came down with this episode , she was such a strong willed fighter from the beginning and while I have strong Hope's and feeling Ushio will return I really doubt Hizaru will , BUT now we know that was her brother we saw in earlier episodes talking as Shinpei I always thought it was his subconscious but it was really Ryunosuke(I believe)
Aug 25, 2022 8:07 PM
Jul 2018
desperation at its peak
Aug 25, 2022 8:48 PM

Oct 2021
RIP G-cup sensei. Fridays won't be as fun as it is now.
Aug 25, 2022 9:14 PM
Aug 2016
OMG! The episode is just GOD, and i dont know how is gonna this end :c
Aug 26, 2022 12:23 AM
Apr 2020
Absolutely brilliant episode....
But it is so sad, I have no idea in which way can they defeat the enemy
SomeBottleAug 26, 2022 12:34 AM
Aug 26, 2022 12:25 AM
May 2020
I'm gonna loop time and watch ep 19 so that Hizuru is alive again

Don't mind me, I just got a full package of copium.
Aug 26, 2022 12:27 AM
Aug 2015
What an episode..It was a pure thrill the whole ride against time and best character has died. I wonder about 2 things: How will Hizuru's brother manifest, and what was that yellow flash that suddenly stopped Shide and Haine from attacking.
Aug 26, 2022 12:42 AM

Oct 2017
Hizuru badass till the end.
Aug 26, 2022 2:04 AM
May 2020
Rip our favorite sensei she will be remembered in her doujinshi that will hopefully be released very very soon
Aug 26, 2022 2:35 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Hizuru moves very fast and is good with the spear.
She wants to redeem herself as she blames herself for Ryuunosuke's death.
She tells Haine about what Shide said on the end of the third loop about their motives being different-this is my ending' but he dismisses it and tells Haine she is lying.
Ryuuosuke is now a shadow born from Shide's mud! But Hizuru isn't in great shape...
Tokiko comes to save her luckily.
Shadow Mio can sense the original has died...
She searches Shide's memories but he has none!
Shadow Mio and Shinpei find Tokiko and she asks them to save Ryuunosuke but she dies after...
But Shinpei decides not to go as they may be already dead. He wants to loop again to save everyone and shoots himself in the head.
He stops Mio and Sou from going to where they were lured by the shadow.
Shinpei rides on shadow Mio to get to Torajima and sees Shide's attack.
And... Hizuru is already injured!
Nezu says they need to escape as they have no chance. But in the end, it is Haine and Shide who escape.
Hizuru isn't dead yet and Shinpei tries to shoot himself so he can save her... but shadow Mio stops him.
Hizuru tells him Shide is most likely using Haine and to free her.
She entrusts yuunosuke to Shinpei... and dies.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Aug 26, 2022 3:16 AM
Dec 2021
Noooo.. Hizuru..
Aug 26, 2022 3:18 AM

May 2021
Hyped for the ending, the story gets better with each episode
Aug 26, 2022 3:30 AM
Jun 2021
my two favorite characters are dead now T_T
It's gonna be a week of depression waiting for the next episode...

Please excuse my while I cry for 7 days
Aug 26, 2022 3:43 AM
Jan 2021
A great send off to a beloved character, will miss those g-cups of hers...
Aug 26, 2022 3:44 AM
Oct 2020
This is probably my anime of the year
Aug 26, 2022 3:48 AM
Jul 2020
Pretty emotional.
Aug 26, 2022 3:56 AM
Sep 2021
Unusual stories, I really liked the time machine or loop, cool actions and deep logic.
Aug 26, 2022 4:47 AM
May 2020
I know it was meant to be heartbreaking and all but funny enough I think the plot got in the way of that. We've seen Hizuru die so many times so this one didn't seem SO different from the other deaths. Solid mid.
Aug 26, 2022 5:35 AM

Jun 2016
fkkkkkkk why they do this !!!

rip nagumo sensei !!

atleast this show is pretty good and awesome to watch !!
Aug 26, 2022 6:01 AM
May 2021
MAJOR FFFFFs for Hizuru man. Her sacrifice will lead to the squads victory 🫡

That was a good plot twist tho. Shide actually being the main villain. Using Haine for his true purpose. Goddamn I hate this guy and that’s how you know you’ve made a good villain.

Look guys… I know fall season is right around the corner with heavy hitters like CSM and Mob Psycho but this must be a AOTY contender cause not 1 episode has missed
Aug 26, 2022 6:10 AM
Feb 2022
It was great. Like really. Go watch it, and you'll fiend out yourself.
Aug 26, 2022 6:29 AM
Dec 2021
This episode came as a sad surprise :(
Aug 26, 2022 6:31 AM

Oct 2011
Okay, first Ushio, now Nagumo-sensei. Two top waifus in the series *DEAD* Imma gonna cry in the corner for a sec.

However entertaining this may be, this series is certainly has not been an easy watch. Shinpei better bring those two back in the end, or I'm just going to....meh.. root for Shide.
Aug 26, 2022 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
I think that Ushio and Hizuru will be able to come back. One thing that was different this episode is that before his loop Shinpei could see where he would land. So maybe he is getting used to his powers. Previously we found out that he doesn't have full control of his loops and that's why each time there is less time. But maybe he will be able to loop to any point in time. Also at the end there was some light near Shinpei and Haine got scared, so maybe that is also a clue to Shinpei having more powers or something.
Aug 26, 2022 7:19 AM

Feb 2012
This Anime KEEPS on surprising me with how well-written it is, the great animation is a plus but the writing is superb. The only thing standing in this anime's way from being a 10/10 show is the ending... I have high hopes that it will land the ending well and become a modern classic anime.
Aug 26, 2022 7:43 AM
Oct 2018
was good... I liked it
Aug 26, 2022 7:56 AM

May 2020
rip hizuru
i don't think shes coming back this time

Aug 26, 2022 8:00 AM
Oct 2020
10/10 . Time looping anime is the best . Rip nagumo sensei 😭
Aug 26, 2022 8:08 AM
Aug 2021
Hizuru's death and the ost .......
Aug 26, 2022 8:21 AM

Jul 2017
WOW, no comments for me to report violations? How bliss. xD

In an episode that definitely is an Evangelion reference more than anything, Shide vs. Hizuru/Ryuunosuke, and more than a power of strength, it's speed and agility as well. But Haine is also more active thanks to the copying ability whom she managed to copy Shinpei and borrow his body for a soul, and from life to death, Hizuru would prefer being a living sacrifice to save people from Shadows. And she eventually found a way to force Ryuunosuke into Shide and break him from within, which is a small victory.

On the other side, Shinpei and Shadow Mio encountering yet another Shide, and despite his wordy endeavor, he turned out to be an empty hollow shell. But for who's actually being sideswiped, it's them instead of Hizuru/Ryuunosuke. And of all things that Shinpei chooses to save in the battle against time, the original order still stands to save Mio.

The 9th loop commences, and Torajima is on the list to go and save Tokiko and the others. Of course, both Haine and Shide are aware of the loop, but this comes with the biggest ceveat that they lost the valuable Hizuru in the process. Shinpei can choose to loop again, but as much as he can do, it's pointless and asceertain that someone else will be killed. To that, Hizuru issues her final ultimatum as she converses with her last breath: to save Haine from being used by Shide.

First Ushio, now Hizuru, the death flags just don't stop coming...
Aug 26, 2022 8:35 AM
Apr 2019
When the piano came in at the end, it was over for me, now it's a rainy day.
Aug 26, 2022 8:42 AM
Jun 2020
Very sad and emotional episode, one of the best in the anime.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2022

139 by Xeehad »»
Sep 12, 2:54 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2022

89 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2022

107 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2022

160 by Xeehad »»
Sep 10, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Summertime Render Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2022

489 by Stuntdrath »»
Aug 31, 9:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.