Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Uncle from Another World
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2022 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Elf with a pair of glasses :o

I have to admit, the way this anime mixed social media with fantasy elements is somewhat refreshing. And Takafumi's reactions were pure comedy gold. If anything, this show is entertaining for its character personalities. It's quite amusing.

Jul 20, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
LOLS Uncle literally getting the YouTube corporation guzzle of achieving a minimums before it wipes out Uncle's YouTube channel, which is strict on his policies that ultimately backfired on him.

Back to Uncle's adventures, and the tsundere elf appears again in front of him in the midst of his adventuring, which for his antics, REALLY put the fantasy world in danger, with the obvious Attack on Titan parody and the white dragon (which the similarity is from Blazing Force). But thanks to the barriers, they got saved. It's so obvious that the elf girl's into Uncle with her tsundereness, yet for some insanely stupidly hilarious reason, he decides to run away. And also, hitting 1k subs, Takafumi literally just gave up.

Fujimiya comes around again, and fails at making an impression on Takafumi, so much for being friendzoned and Uncle can't help her much since he only can through video games. But to think that the elf had found her way into Takafumi's apartment and trying to converge between herself and Fujimiya as one body, what a hilarious fail to pass off as his aunt (which is actually his Uncle in disguise). As for both Takafumi and Fujimiya's history, it was certainly something else...other than being a childhood friend.

To think that a Guardian Heroes video was shot, not the game but the virtual elf that amasses views, they've found their golden nugget to earn their plate of living.

Takafumi's faces are comedy gold, yet for all the intents and purposes, this is still hitting strong.
KANLen09Jul 20, 2022 9:23 AM
Jul 20, 2022 8:10 AM
Dec 2021
if this doesn't get anime of the year everything is rigged
Jul 20, 2022 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
That was what our society need, a blonde elf with glasses.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 20, 2022 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
For a second I thought uncle would get a hot tsundere elf gf, kinda dissapointed ngl. Except for that great episode as always. Anime of the year
Jul 20, 2022 8:47 AM

Mar 2022
undeadkingainz said:
if this doesn't get anime of the year everything is rigged
I think this anime is pure gold but it's pretty niche.
Jul 20, 2022 8:52 AM
Jan 2022
nice vtubers for the W
Jul 20, 2022 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Fuck, they got me good damn it. I thought the elf girl was gonna come to this world but no it was the uncle. All the hopes and dreams have been crushed, damn. Also no wonder Takafumi can't see Fujimiya as his love interest. That was quite the past they had together.
Jul 20, 2022 8:55 AM
Sep 2015
Ojisan has a behavior from the early era of internet forum when you have to argue everything everytime to keep the discussion going and going forever. And he's from the era when people willll just reject to read any language other than Japanese.
Jul 20, 2022 9:03 AM

Jan 2020
"I wanted to see if it would work." God dammit, lmao. I mean, at least he repaired it after the fact I guess.

I feel like it's been awhile since I've seen a direct reference to another series within a series. The art around the town even seemed to resemble that of AoT.

Poor Fujimiya, her chances don't seem very good. Though, I guess the lesson here is that if you want to date someone, don't try and harass them with poop.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 20, 2022 9:03 AM

Jan 2018
I was surprised our Ojiisan can change appearance. Now, if only he treated that elf dinner...

Takafumi's past with Fujimiya was surprising. I didn't expect that it would be different.

Anyways, Takafumi's idea was spot on! VTuber Elf was quite effective. Hilarious af.
Jul 20, 2022 9:09 AM

May 2013
I love the realism aspect of it with the YT changes and such.
Pretty good episode.
Jul 20, 2022 9:14 AM
May 2020
Episode was hilarious especially with the uncle Turning into an elf and the aot reference also takafumi and fujimiya past.
Jul 20, 2022 9:14 AM
Jan 2022
It's good that this episode comedy is better than the 2nd episode bcs the previous episode use many Sega reference that i don't get. This still has potential to be a good comedy anime so far. Out of three episode released this episode is the best for me.
MnMm07Jul 20, 2022 10:17 AM
Jul 20, 2022 9:19 AM

Mar 2021
MnMm07 said:
It's good that this episode comedy is better than the 2nd episode bcs the previous episode use many Sega reference that i don't get. This still has potential to be a good comedy anime so far. Out of three episode released this episode is the best.

you dont need to get the Sega reference. The joke is, Ojisan is a Sega nerd who uses game logic as a means to live a normal life.
Jul 20, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
The fucking face morphing completes the chaotic ending of episode 3.
An absolute memorable laugh I've ever had.

Jul 20, 2022 9:37 AM
May 2021
That was AOT reference right? absolutely amazing episode.For a second I thought that was the real elf girl but it' ok atleast we will get to see the elf as long as uncle turn into elf girl again.
Jul 20, 2022 9:40 AM
Jan 2022
V1P3R0P said:
MnMm07 said:
It's good that this episode comedy is better than the 2nd episode bcs the previous episode use many Sega reference that i don't get. This still has potential to be a good comedy anime so far. Out of three episode released this episode is the best.

you dont need to get the Sega reference. The joke is, Ojisan is a Sega nerd who uses game logic as a means to live a normal life.

yeah i know, the problem is i feel like the joke material in episode 2 are fewer than the 3rd episode, fujimiya introduction with the uncle interaction isn't funny to me, it feels more absurd or weird to me, i tried to understand where is the line that supposed to be funny.
MnMm07Jul 20, 2022 10:18 AM
Jul 20, 2022 9:54 AM
Feb 2011
it's so sad and funny at the same time. mostly sad tho.
Jul 20, 2022 10:06 AM
Oct 2020
It's a shame that the elf never goes into their world but at least we got the uncle transformed into her
Jul 20, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2016
God what a funny ass good show.
Jul 20, 2022 10:10 AM

Mar 2020
This is getting good. Love the comedy, and the AOT reference, and of course the Youtube requirements LOL. Hope Ojisan won't be too distraught after this...
Jul 20, 2022 10:19 AM

Jun 2020
Dang. I thought the elf girl came to this world as well...
Jul 20, 2022 10:55 AM
Apr 2018
The last 10 seconds were gold.. haven't laughed that much in a while.
Jul 20, 2022 10:57 AM

Oct 2017
MegamiRem said:
Fuck, they got me good damn it. I thought the elf girl was gonna come to this world but no it was the uncle. All the hopes and dreams have been crushed, damn.

Yup, f@$%
There goes down the drain my hope of seeing the elf crossing worlds...
Jul 20, 2022 11:03 AM

Jan 2018
Wait a sec, did this anime pull a reference on YouTube's adpocalypse? This shit happened 4-5 years ago so I couldn't remember the whole thing while watching the episode. But after looking it up it seems the policy change was a real thing. Damn.

The elf girl didn't actually return. It was just Uncle changing his appearance. I'm disappointed. If the isekai characters came to earth it might've made the show more interesting. Like, imagine the elf girl confronting Uncle and asking him why he abandoned her and then their relationship actually progressed. That kinda deal.

Didn't expect child Fujimiya to be like that. Holy shit.
Jul 20, 2022 11:06 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Takafumi's uncle can transform into people he knew and that he was losing subscribers because of his comments and after that he asked everyone to subscribe again and to help Fujimiya get along with him Takafumi transforms into Elf
Jul 20, 2022 11:22 AM
Jan 2022
Ojisan and Takafumi have discovered the ultimate way to get the internets attention, Hot Elf VTuber the only true way to get anyone to care about what you do is to put a hot female in front of a camera. xD
Jul 20, 2022 11:28 AM

Jan 2011
man we got baited thinking the elf girl had appeared in the normal world, wth Fujimiya really looked like a boy back then
gotta say this is one of the funniest shows ive seen like ever, at least so far
Jul 20, 2022 11:29 AM

May 2021
Great place! Ojisan is going to lose his job due to changes in the YouTube ads?!!
By the end of today he needs 4000 subscribers and 1000 subscribers... seems his fans are unsubscribing because they don't believe it is real magic and Ojisan replies to them that it is!
Ojisan broke the barrier which allowed monsters to come in...
But along with the elf girl's help they beat the monsters! Again Ojisan was unaware of her tsundere behaviour...
He ran off when she asked for dinner!
Ojisan asked his followers to subscribe as he needs help and people do! Fujimiya is stupid...she tries to push Ojisan out of Takafumi's house. I'm glad he ignores her and I hope she gets hit by truck-kun!
Ojisan transformed into the elf girl and called himself Takafumi's aunt?!!
Fujimiya looked and acted pretty horribly to Takafumi when they were younger...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDJul 20, 2022 11:38 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 20, 2022 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Ah fuck, as soon as they mentioned that ojisan needed views and subscribers I remembered that in the visual the elf had a controller and knew where this was going. Not gonna lie, it's kind of disappointing, but it was still hilarious. And I'm still not going to give up hope of seeing the girls from the other world in this one, I mean, the ice girl would fit in so well being a neet xD.

Fujimiya wtf?! She looked more like an orc as a child than the ojisan himself lol.

I can't blame the viewers for succumbing to the charms of the "elf", that was cute af!

Ojisan turning into Eren at the end lmao.
Jul 20, 2022 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
Cute gamer elf girl with glasses. I love it!

Jul 20, 2022 12:06 PM

Feb 2018
Someone spoil me if the elf girl will get reverse isekaid or its just the uncle changing appearance for the entire show
Jul 20, 2022 12:26 PM
Jan 2020
This show is really hilarious man I can't stop smiling.
Mfs really brought rumbling and the faces they make. The girl's face ,man I thought that was uncle until he pointed out it that girl she does even what she was poor takafumi got traumatized and can't see her as his love interest, looks like the uncle hated the girl to not see her love for him too , but now he understands it .
guys we got a elftuber good idea on filming him play instead of game play .

This Anime deserves better rating contender for anime of the season .
Jul 20, 2022 12:40 PM

Feb 2019
one of the smoothest and detailed face transformations I've seen. Also a very good reaction :P
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jul 20, 2022 12:43 PM

May 2018
- This show keeps being relatable.
- Attack of the Cyclops...one of them is randomly called Titan tho, so don't be confused!
- Ojisan is the best obasan elf vtuber around. Will he run this idea on a different channel?
Jul 20, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2020
Quickest way to gain subscribers and views, just have a hottie do a facecam. +1 if she's a blondie. Harsh reality check for our Ojisan lmao.

Fujimiya won't ever be normal again after this incident i bet.
Jul 20, 2022 1:13 PM

Apr 2018
Some backstory on Takfumi and Fujiyama. I get it now.. Anyway, his face expressions are always top tier and sad that the elf didn't come to the human world. Great fucking episode.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 20, 2022 1:13 PM
May 2021
This anime is already 10/10 lmao 😂😂. That L moment of elf girl when she was about to kill the Titans 😂😂. And so much more 😂🔥
Jul 20, 2022 1:14 PM

Jul 2012
I never expected this to get so funny! I laughed out loud many times so far!
I like the unexpected turns and the fact that ojisan is completely oblivious when a girl tries to hit on him lol
Jul 20, 2022 1:54 PM
Mar 2021
I'll be honest and I'm not trying to come off as an anti-circlejerker here, but, I really don't see the hype behind this show.

It sets its jokes up like Family Guy and I struggle to find them funny.

"Oh this is like the time I did this in the fantasy world"

*proceeds to show clip of him in the fantasy*

"AHHHH!!!!! Why did you do that"

That's pretty much the joke most of the time.
Jul 20, 2022 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
The real-life elf persona and child Fujimiya are both not quite what I expected lol
Jul 20, 2022 2:27 PM

Nov 2021
kriissyy12 said:
I'll be honest and I'm not trying to come off as an anti-circlejerker here, but, I really don't see the hype behind this show.

Well it doesn't really have to appeal to everyone.
It's just that it's quite unique so people are liking it so far.
It won't really change that much so I would advice you to put it on hold if you think it's becoming repetitive.
Jul 20, 2022 2:30 PM
Mar 2021
Pred8r said:
kriissyy12 said:

It won't really change that much so I would advice you to put it on hold if you think it's becoming repetitive.

I've seen manga readers say it dips off a bit, so I didn't really go into it with high expectations. I'd still give it a solid 7/10 but just think some of the hype around it is a bit overblown.
Jul 20, 2022 2:30 PM

Jul 2022
really very epic episode
Jul 20, 2022 2:34 PM

Jun 2017
Even though I read this series a while back I was still jebaited thinking the Elf girl made it to Japan. I curse you Sega console for blocking my view of elf panties in the Youtube video. Unforgiveable!
Jul 20, 2022 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Hahahaha what an episode. Hilarious from start to end. This really is shaping up to be my anime of the season
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 20, 2022 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Eifue said:
Even though I read this series a while back I was still jebaited thinking the Elf girl made it to Japan. I curse you Sega console for blocking my view of elf panties in the Youtube video. Unforgiveable!

I really hope this isn't spoiling the future of the manga and that the elf never actually comes or they never go there
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 20, 2022 2:36 PM

Jun 2017
kriissyy12 said:
Pred8r said:

I've seen manga readers say it dips off a bit, so I didn't really go into it with high expectations. I'd still give it a solid 7/10 but just think some of the hype around it is a bit overblown.

The manga is kinda dipping on the jokes because there's only so much you can milk from the same gags and lack of progression of the MC getting home. I would speculate that it will wrap up within the story soon lest it becomes a typical isekai story only told from a third person perspectve. I found the manga to be enjoyable for now.
Jul 20, 2022 2:38 PM

Jun 2017
RPWPA said:
Eifue said:

I really hope this isn't spoiling the future of the manga and that the elf never actually comes or they never go there

Do not worry I know what parts of this manga specifically I can talk about when in an anime only discussion thread.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2022

83 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 20, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2022

160 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 19, 10:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 13, 2022

129 by FinalFlash18 »»
May 19, 8:51 PM

» season 2?

Eldencheese - Dec 21, 2023

10 by Urdli »»
May 8, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Isekai Ojisan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2022

125 by Tony2Phones »»
Mar 25, 5:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.