Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 7, 2021 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Arcane is a streaming television "event" series based from the League of Legends video game. Set in the past, it retells the origin stories of several characters from Piltover and Zaun. It is currently streaming on Netflix, releasing three episodes per week over the span of three weeks. It will have nine (9) episodes in total.

It was developed and produced by Riot Games, with animation services by Fortiche Production. It's created by Christian Linke and Alex Yee with the story by Connor Sheehy and Ash Brannon. It is directed by Pascal Charrue, Jérôme Combe, and Arnaud Delord.

Here are the trailers with the last one having an option to switch audio track (that includes Japanese dub).

So what do you guys think? I haven't watched the series yet as I'm playing to watch it with my friend later but damn as a former League player that is interested in its lore, it looks absolutely fantastic. To even think the original developer of a video game is in charge on making its series, it may be a definitive video game adaptation. I can't wait for it to watch it. Even the music video by Imagine Dragons is a banger.

Have you watched it yet? If so, give us your thoughts and opinions. Also what video games franchise would you like to see in the future?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 7, 2021 10:55 AM
Jul 2021
Okay this was amazing first 3 episodes! The purists need to calm down and add this to the website it's better than 75% of the garbage added here.
Nov 7, 2021 11:02 AM
Dec 2018
ChknKing said:
Okay this was amazing first 3 episodes! The purists need to calm down and add this to the website it's better than 75% of the garbage added here.

It is not "anime."

MAL is pretty strict with its database.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Nov 7, 2021 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
Very excited for this show, but I don't have Netflix.
can dis sig fit
Nov 7, 2021 9:08 PM

Mar 2021
i've read alot of people praising it so much on twitter

sadly no netflix
Nov 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Jul 2019
Animation looks soo beautiful, planning to watch it soon
Nov 7, 2021 11:06 PM
Jul 2021
I don't get why Anime needs to be an asian country exclusive

Anime means Animation so it doesn't make sense to be full weeb about it.
Nov 8, 2021 4:15 AM

Mar 2015
>watch arcane
>get hyped to play league
>queue up
>go 0/13
>get told to off myself

gamer moment

In all seriousness just watched the first three episodes and man. I had pretty high expectations and they actually surpassed them. Loving it so far. I seriously hope Arcane is a huge success because imagine the possibilities! Give me Targon, Shadow Isles, Bandle City and Shurima themed series!

Where's my Arcane Viktor skin in League tho. Cmon Riot why would you make him so handsome but not add a skin smh
Nov 8, 2021 6:46 AM

Feb 2012
I've never played League but I really enjoyed the first few episodes, the way every frame looks painted is amazing.

Nov 8, 2021 11:30 AM

Oct 2020
So won't this be available on MAL Database?
Nov 8, 2021 6:15 PM

Jan 2013
I have finally watched the first three episodes of Arcane. Holy fuck, I knew we'd be having an experience and it did deliver! The cinematography or the camera work looks fantastic, it looks like you are actually watching from a film. The "production design" looks gorgeous, you can see how each places have their own characteristics. The pacing was just enough for the story to tell itself.

In the span of three episodes, they deliver a wonderful worldbuilding for a person who knows nothing of the lore. Characters acts natural to their personality and attitude. You'd begin loving them with their development. You also sympathize why certain characters reacted or did in the show. You'd feel bad to them and hope they wished for the best but fate turned them for the worst. Damn it, I can't wait for next week and the next next week.

Although, as much as I loved the third episode (the ending also broke me), there were some rushed moments and it could have add few more seconds, but holy moly the battle choreogprahy was a spectacle to watch. Hoping to see more on the upcoming six episodes! As of now, I'll probably rate it around 9 out of 10.
Nov 8, 2021 7:55 PM
Oct 2015
I'm not a fan of LoL. I've never played it. But I'm looking forward to watching this "anime". Even Gigguk has praised it as one of the best this year. I really like the art style.
Nov 8, 2021 7:56 PM

Jul 2021
seems good :D Imma watch it in the near future :D
Nov 10, 2021 6:04 AM

Aug 2021
Best animated show of the year. Everything is just so great compared to other animated shows this year, they always lack something. It has great Soundtracks, Art, Animation, Visual, Story, Characters, World building, Emotions, Pacing and so much more.
Nov 12, 2021 11:23 AM

Oct 2007
Every women look like men

Welcome to the current year. kek
Nov 13, 2021 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
Mirai said:
>watch arcane
>get hyped to play league
>queue up
>go 0/13
>get told to off myself

gamer moment

This, but with 50% win rate thus far. Is either stomp or get stomped, nothing in between.

Also, yes, Arcane is a must watch/Kino show. Been a long time since I saw an animation that good.
Nov 13, 2021 2:51 PM

Aug 2020
till ep 6 it was very good. the animation is consistent and beautiful. I want to add this on mal but I guess it ain't an anime XD

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Nov 14, 2021 12:18 AM

Mar 2015
belial said:
Every women look like men

Welcome to the current year. kek

Pov: You have never felt the touch of a woman
Nov 15, 2021 4:14 AM

Jul 2017
it is okay for me to watch this even i don't know the lore of hero and never play the game it self.
im not too good to speak english

.. -- / -. --- - / - --- --- / --. --- --- -.. / - --- / ... .--. . .- -.- / . -. --. .-.. .. ... ....

Nov 15, 2021 4:31 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit, Act 2 was good, although I still think Act 1 was better... Hopefully, Act 3 will be a banger.

Logical_ said:
it is okay for me to watch this even i don't know the lore of hero and never play the game it self.

You really don't have to. It's basically any video game adaptation film/series where you don't have to know about the source material. If you've become a fan by just watching it, then you can explore by playing the games or read its lore.
Nov 15, 2021 10:30 AM

Oct 2012
Arcane is absolutely amazing holy shit I'm glad I gave it a shot.
Nov 16, 2021 2:33 AM

Apr 2012
Why does it seem to me that 95% of the people who are crazy about it are either hot LoL fans, or normy anime fans, or Twitter girls.

Hornsby said:
I'm not a fan of LoL. I've never played it. But I'm looking forward to watching this "anime". Even Gigguk has praised it as one of the best this year. I really like the art style.

This is the case when I remember that Gigguk's normy tastes have their pros and cons.
Nov 16, 2021 6:49 AM
Oct 2015
RobertBobert said:
Why does it seem to me that 95% of the people who are crazy about it are either hot LoL fans, or normy anime fans, or Twitter girls.

I ain't no normie. I'm anything but that.

Anime fans may piss off considering all the shits been out this year, couldn't get leagues with Arcane. [That pun felt great.]
I don't play LoL. and I don't give a fuck about it. I appreciate anything that's legitimately good. Arcane isn't just good. It's a masterpiece.
Nov 16, 2021 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
RobertBobert said:

have you actually watched Arcane? Seems to me like 100% of the people who diss it haven't even watched it just because it's "western" or some shit.
Nov 16, 2021 9:06 PM

Mar 2021
yarwe said:
i've read alot of people praising it so much on twitter

sadly no netflix
nvm i just watched the 6 episodes and it's indeed great
Nov 18, 2021 4:13 AM

Feb 2020
Absolutely. Fuckin. Love it.

Non-League Player here. I dunno jack shit about lol lore or champions, but the first time I watched the trailer, instantly knew this was gonna blow up.
It's not a one-of-a-kind series when it comes to storytelling, but everything and I mean EVERYTHING about Arcane is just so well executed. Animation and SFX being the highlights here. 2 acts in and very excited for the next one.
I really hope Riot and the animation studio put out more series of this quality, it'd be revolutionary. And with that said, no, I'm never playing League. I've had my very short experience "trying" to get into the game a few years back, and it is NOT noob-friendly. The player base is way too toxic so I wouldn't reckon anyone play it after watching Arcane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2021 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
I'm really liking it. There are many good things about it and I find myself interested in the world despite not caring at all about lol. Just to highlight few things I really like, art style (fucking love it, just up my alley), violence is portrayed in more "raw" way, cinematography.
Nov 20, 2021 4:11 AM

Sep 2012
"Don't cry...You're perfect..."

10/10 show. Silco, Jinx and Viktor were all phenomenal characters.

Can't wait for Season 2.
Nov 20, 2021 8:37 AM

Jan 2013
Dang it, I was confident that this was going to be a one-off (just a single season) animated series, especially there is so much lore to explore: From regions, characters, and history of the Runeterra.

And holy fuck, Riot Games... Holy fuck, indeed. You delivered a phenomenal and emotional ending that ends with a cliffhanger. I need Season 2 right now. I don't mind waiting a year and a half, I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S COMING, RITO.
Nov 20, 2021 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
BlackMagickz said:
Shiniela said:

have you actually watched Arcane? Seems to me like 100% of the people who diss it haven't even watched it just because it's "western" or some shit.

Just a typical weeaboo that cant get over the fact that anime isn't as great as he thinks it is. Gotta love how shook him and other weeaboos get when western shows get this popular.

I like how you just come up with motivation for me, which I have never said anywhere, in order to get a reason to offend me

Shiniela said:
RobertBobert said:

Have I said anywhere that this is a bad show?

BlackMagickz said:
RobertBobert said:

This is the case when I remember that Gigguk's normy tastes have their pros and cons.

Calls others normies but has a Rem pfp and Re Zero in his favorites

lmfao

Posted by a man whose favorites literally consist of overhyped shows, all of which are famous even outside the anime community.
RobertBobertNov 20, 2021 11:29 AM
Nov 20, 2021 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
Hornsby said:
RobertBobert said:

I ain't no normie. I'm anything but that.

Anime fans may piss off considering all the shits been out this year, couldn't get leagues with Arcane. [That pun felt great.]
I don't play LoL. and I don't give a fuck about it. I appreciate anything that's legitimately good. Arcane isn't just good. It's a masterpiece.

I'm very happy for you, but did I say somewhere that this is a bad show, lol?
Nov 20, 2021 2:22 PM

Oct 2012

Shiniela said:

If you think your original comment about 95% of the people who are "crazy about it" being "hot LoL fans, or normy anime fans, or Twitter girls." didn't have the implication that the show is bad, on a thread where the OP asked for people's opinion on the show, then you're just deluding yourself. You don't go insulting 95% of the fanbase of something being hyped when you like a show. It implies they're overrating it.

Especially without actually giving an opinion on the show itself.
Nov 21, 2021 12:44 AM

Apr 2012
Shiniela said:

If you think your original comment about 95% of the people who are "crazy about it" being "hot LoL fans, or normy anime fans, or Twitter girls." didn't have the implication that the show is bad, on a thread where the OP asked for people's opinion on the show, then you're just deluding yourself. You don't go insulting 95% of the fanbase of something being hyped when you like a show. It implies they're overrating it.

First, "crazy about" doesn't mean "anyone who likes". Secondly, I still haven't said anything about the show itself. And yes, you are trying to judge me by the boundaries that you yourself have invented. For example, I love MHA, but I am completely convinced that the fandom of this anime is one of the worst places in the community.
Nov 21, 2021 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome show. Haven't felt emotions like these since I watched Vinland Saga back in 2019. Every episode was better than the last.

It's also better than the vast majority of western animation I've watched. Seriously, this show is what I wanted Avatar the Last Airbender to be, but nope we got that childish, badly written crap instead. Note to self writers, "my cabbages" and "melonhead" are childish jokes that do not fit well in a serious story. Arcane did it right by having no forced comedy and keeping the tone consistent throughout.
Nov 21, 2021 3:15 AM

Sep 2015
It really lives up to the hype I think. I liked the parts that had Singed in them, his voice and design were cool. Overall everything was great, especially the animation. It might have been a bit too fast in terms of pacing though, but there are time constraints so. Noticed some events were a bit different compared to the official lore, so Arcane might not be 100% "canon" to the lol universe.

With a lot of anime/ tv shows I end up wishing for each episode to end as quickly as possible so I can do something else but that wasn't the case with Arcane, it's probably the most enjoyable show I've seen in the past few years. Can't wait to see what comes next.
can dis sig fit
Nov 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2021
damn idk what to say about that ending,,

really looking forward to season 2
Nov 21, 2021 5:39 AM

Oct 2012
RobertBobert said:
Shiniela said:

First, "crazy about" doesn't mean "anyone who likes". Secondly, I still haven't said anything about the show itself. And yes, you are trying to judge me by the boundaries that you yourself have invented. For example, I love MHA, but I am completely convinced that the fandom of this anime is one of the worst places in the community.

"boundaries that I myself have invented". Ok child. A prison cell is just a room and words are just letters. What a great argument. You're so smart. *clapping sound*. Go be a troll elsewhere.
Nov 21, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2012
Shiniela said:
RobertBobert said:

"boundaries that I myself have invented". Ok child. A prison cell is just a room and words are just letters. What a great argument. You're so smart. *clapping sound*. Go be a troll elsewhere.

I love how you never got to find a place where I criticized the show or any people who like it, but you still try to be sarcastic.
Nov 21, 2021 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
im tempted to watch this but im a DOTA fan more but i do not play both games though
Nov 21, 2021 12:52 PM

Apr 2012
deg said:
im tempted to watch this but im a DOTA fan more but i do not play both games though

Lol, you can safely watch both shows and draw your own personal conclusions about this. Don't understand why Dota vs LoL shit plays such a lot of sense here.
Nov 21, 2021 12:54 PM

Jan 2009
RobertBobert said:
deg said:

Lol, you can safely watch both shows and draw your own personal conclusions about this. Don't understand why Dota vs LoL shit plays such a lot of sense here.

i worded that poorly what im implying is that i like to watch DOTA Dragons Blood Season 2 more than this, ye i can watch both but i also got a lot of anime to watch so im limited
Nov 22, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2020
honestly better than all anime released this year that I've seen
Nov 22, 2021 3:08 AM

Aug 2018
great series. now we need to wait, like 2+- years, for season 2
Nov 22, 2021 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
Masterpiece by Netflix & League of Legends!!
Waiting for season 2. When will season 2 release?
Nov 23, 2021 9:07 AM

Dec 2020
VolKur said:

Next year around the same time or 2023. Nothing later than that.
Nov 23, 2021 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
vaedeer said:
VolKur said:

Thanks!! (15 character limit)
Nov 23, 2021 10:14 AM

May 2013
This is insane good series. Indeed masterpiece. 10/10 series.

I have to say it is for me one of the best TV-series i have seen. It is also one of the best animated series I have seen. It is the best TV-series based on video games and I have not even played LoL.

It was 6 years of making and Riot Games and Fortiche poured all their love for it and it shows! It is true masterpiece!

If you want to see more I suggest you to check LoL youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/c/leagueoflegends/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

There are many insane good cinematics and musics which has hundreds of millions viewers. I can suggest few which are good:

Get Jinxed (ft. Djerv) | Official Music Video - League of Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nlJuwO0GDs

Ekko: Seconds | New Champion Teaser - League of Legends
https://youtu.be/FtEpp9lkfxA

Sample for their incredible popular music. And yes they have their own K-pop idol group:
K/DA - POP/STARS (ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Jaira Burns) | Music Video - League of Legends
https://youtu.be/UOxkGD8qRB4

K/DA - MORE ft. Madison Beer, (G)I-DLE, Lexie Liu, Jaira Burns, Seraphine (Official Music Video)
https://youtu.be/3VTkBuxU4yk

For example their e-sport opening ceremonies are augment reality shows:
POP/STARS - Opening Ceremony Presented by Mastercard | Finals | 2018 World Championship
https://youtu.be/p9oDlvOV3qs

And anime lovers, you surely will love these videos:

A New Horizon | Star Guardian Ahri Animated Trailer - League of Legends
https://youtu.be/-lx_1kgEjOk

Burning Bright | Star Guardian Music Video - League of Legends
https://youtu.be/oorajmbSJUM

Light and Shadow (ft. Hiroyuki Sawano) | Star Guardian Animated Trailer - League of Legends
https://youtu.be/wkihKQ7Exvo

Burn It All Down (ft. PVRIS) | Worlds 2021 - League of Legends
https://youtu.be/1Z6CHioIn3s

Maybe we will see Ahri in season 2?
Nov 23, 2021 10:18 AM

May 2013
This was Arcane launch event:

Worlds 2021 Show Open Presented by Mastercard: Imagine Dragons, JID, Denzel Curry, Bea Miller, PVRIS
https://youtu.be/1OzoFq4Q3_c

Arcane: Lighting Up the Dubai Skyline | Burj Khalifa Video
https://youtu.be/DZR8CXqJOxk

Riot Games poured insane amount money to make this series and to advertise their brand. Imagine how much it has cost to them to hire all those high class musicians too!
Nov 23, 2021 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
RavenWolf1 said:
This was Arcane launch event:

Worlds 2021 Show Open Presented by Mastercard: Imagine Dragons, JID, Denzel Curry, Bea Miller, PVRIS
https://youtu.be/1OzoFq4Q3_c

Arcane: Lighting Up the Dubai Skyline | Burj Khalifa Video
https://youtu.be/DZR8CXqJOxk

Riot Games poured insane amount money to make this series and to advertise their brand. Imagine how much it has cost to them to hire all those high class musicians too!

Lol, I was expecting to see comments about how popular the franchise is, but even in the video discussion, people were mostly talking about how much money it cost.

vaedeer said:
VolKur said:

They did the first season for six years, but will spend 1-2 on the second?
Nov 23, 2021 5:21 PM

Feb 2021
I know it probably isn't viewed as such by others, but I consider it a masterpiece. From the soundtrack to the artistic details and direction, to the incredibly well written characters and acting, I honestly haven't seen something as good in quite a while. I have never played League of Legends before, but the show sure convinced me to dive into the games and learn more about this seriously impressive assemble of characters and in depth lore.

I'm glad they announced S2 so quickly and that it won't take years to produce. Since they already have voice lines recorded via that teaser for S2—just a few—I'm going to assume this will take typically 6 months to 1 year to produce the next season—if other animated shows on Netflix are a good clue.

I can't wait for the other games to drop, too. They have such a rich lore that they made a mistake keeping it to MOBA games this long. Story oriented games should have come years ago.
RhyagellNov 23, 2021 5:25 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any Korean movie enjoyers?

Thorf - Sep 7

18 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
3 hours ago

» Favorite "Adult" Cartoon?

DOSS300 - Aug 26

13 by Otakupervert890 »»
6 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

8508 by Yuno »»
6 hours ago

» Megan Thee Stallion the Anime fan

Old_School_Akira - Sep 6

12 by Yuno »»
6 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3692 by 3miL »»
Yesterday, 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.