Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2021 11:12 PM

Oct 2009
Isekai genre has been one of the biggest for the past of couple of years and mostly, the main character usually lands into the land of fantasy.

Now, with that in-mind, I love some Sci-fi/Futuristic settings like robots, machines etc... I've been wondering if there is something like that or should studios also invest that side of things?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the fantasy stuff but it does feel a bit overplayed so, it would be a bit different if the main character transported to a different planet or something.

Something that looks like this... this looks so awesome or something like this:

Nov 2, 2021 11:28 PM
Jan 2012
They absolutely should, the biggest criticisms anyone that hates Isekai makes towards the genre are almost exclusively all about execution. The idea itself is actually really cool, and I know the fantasy Isekai stuff is popular, but I honestly don't understand why Sci-Fi or cyberpunk Isekai is so untapped. The fantasy stuff isn't really bad, the reason why people hate it is because it's overused rather than the idea of it being bad, this kind of shit was cool back before it was in 90% of all Isekai.

These Shadowrun ass pictures make my mouth salivate, I would absolutely love for a competent Isekai to be set in a world akin to these pics. I would love to just wake up one day, check the next season chart and see a cybernoir Isekai.
Nov 3, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2018
Meikyuu Black Company from last season had that...I think. The MC went to another world and at certain point he time travelled into its future (than came back to present).
alshuNov 3, 2021 1:23 AM
Nov 3, 2021 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
As long as it's not Generic anything is welcome
I'll have to discuss this news with 🐼 the greatest enemy of Isekai
Nov 5, 2021 10:55 PM
Dec 2017
This is going to be as overused as a jrpg fantasy setting.

Nov 6, 2021 12:55 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
cyberpunk isekai could actually be frickin sick if executed properly and had more thought put in than what most creators of modern isekai seem to put
Nov 6, 2021 1:24 AM

Nov 2019
I prefer the future looking like this

Oh no, not the 2D girl. The 3D world.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 6, 2021 1:39 AM

Mar 2021
simonitro said:
Isekai genre has been one of the biggest for the past of couple of years and mostly, the main character usually lands into the land of fantasy.

Now, with that in-mind, I love some Sci-fi/Futuristic settings like robots, machines etc... I've been wondering if there is something like that or should studios also invest that side of things?

If robots and futuristic machines is your bar of what you are wanting to see in an Isekai, look no further I have found two great titles I think you might enjoy...

Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar
Knight's & Magic
ColourWheelNov 6, 2021 1:57 AM
Nov 6, 2021 3:22 AM

Aug 2018
Ex-Arm is an isekai anime where the protagonist gets transported into the future. It's amazing and you should watch it.
Nov 6, 2021 4:43 AM

Mar 2021
Anaxistratus said:
Ex-Arm is an isekai anime where the protagonist gets transported into the future. It's amazing and you should watch it.

Ex-Arm is questionably "amazing". All you have to do is look at it's extremely low MAL score rating and read a few of the reviews some users have given it to get a general idea.
Nov 6, 2021 6:16 AM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
cyberpunk isekai could actually be frickin sick if executed properly and had more thought put in than what most creators of modern isekai seem to put

On paper it does sound cool especially since i really like blame and ghost in the shell,

But we all know that in reality, that as well could be oversaturated.

Nov 6, 2021 6:39 AM

Sep 2020
Isekaid into the future will probably become a sci-fi with no significance to their previous lives, kinda like what happened to Kenja no Mago.
That being said, if the writer puts his imagination to it I am sure he could work around that, its definitely an interesting concept.
I am a useless student of society.
Tests are my body and Grades are my blood.
I have done over a thousand assignments.
Unseen by teachers,
nor done properly.
Yet, those hands shall never hold an outstanding grade.
So, as I pray...
Unlimited Homeworks.
Nov 6, 2021 6:43 AM

Sep 2018
SgtBaitMan said:

A world where the cats are practically the illuminati who control the world. Lol
But on a more serious note, too much water in that world.
Nov 6, 2021 12:30 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Crow_Black said:
Fario-P said:

On paper it does sound cool especially since i really like blame and ghost in the shell,
that's true, but keep in mind that cyberpunk in anime is actually pretty rare, so it would take a while for even cyberpunk isekai to be overdone
besides, it would be something new and different for a genre way too obsessed with JRPG pseudo-medieval worlds
Nov 6, 2021 1:54 PM
Dec 2017
Fario-P said:
Crow_Black said:

that's true, but keep in mind that cyberpunk in anime is actually pretty rare, so it would take a while for even cyberpunk isekai to be overdone
besides, it would be something new and different for a genre way too obsessed with JRPG pseudo-medieval worlds

Hahahaha yeah i guess i should be a bit more "gulp" optimistic then huh if they do try a cyberpunk isekai.

Nov 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Nov 2019
rohan121 said:
SgtBaitMan said:

A world where the cats are practically the illuminati who control the world. Lol
But on a more serious note, too much water in that world.

So there is no more concern of lacking water. XD
Water is precious on Earth, after all.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 11, 2021 7:01 PM

Nov 2019
There's a series with this type of world building (in a post apocalyptic world) called Knights on Debris but it's a Chinese donghua since the Chinese are always experimenting with plots and characters.
Nov 13, 2021 6:08 PM

Jul 2013
ive seen so many isekai to the future web novels but itd be cool to have an anime with that setting
Nov 13, 2021 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
So basically, you're asking for Futurama? :P
Nov 13, 2021 6:23 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Honestly Isekai in my opinion is so held back by wanting to be in folksy village town and DnD scenarios. I get the appeal aka playing Breathe of the Wild but holy fuck it's so saturated.

They really should revive cyberpunk this way. Or heck they can do it with something like they did with Digimon in like a virtual reality (and I don't mean a fucking video game)
Nov 14, 2021 2:48 AM
Mar 2021
my god, Futurama is an isekai, I'd never thought of that before. O___O

More topics from this board

» Why are people fine with perverted female characters but lose their minds when they see perverted male characters?

Dragevard - Apr 29, 2023

26 by Guilmon1 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you get FOMO when a new anime season starts?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

16 by Pokitaru »»
10 minutes ago

» Have you ever encouraged a non-anime watcher to start anime? ( 1 2 )

nirererin - Yesterday

57 by Ricchan__ »»
11 minutes ago

» what do you think is the best anime of this decade so far ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Jul 26

60 by Gator »»
11 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9290 by anime-prime »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.