Forum Settings
Forums

Characters that you never understood the hype around them

New
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 12, 2021 8:38 PM
Jul 2018
VampireSylphy said:
Senjougahara Hitagi from the Monogatari series. Is it a meme thing similar to how Jojo fans all love Speedwagon as the ultimate waifu or is it a serious thing because I don't see anything good or lovable about her. She's annoying, creepy, & not even that good looking

Speedwagon is not even in Top 100
He only has 3000 favourites
It's just a joke
Aug 12, 2021 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Shaw_ said:
1. Kirito & the whole SAO cast.
Yeah, its SAO i don't understand whats good point about SAO.

2. Sora & Shiro.
This 2 character just framed to be smart, without doing nothing smart. The retards just like "owwwhhh its Loli gamer and she's smart wooooow" get the fck out.

3. Mikey
Like seriously people love this guy? This guy is cringe as hell, his fight just awfull. Mikey is just Levi rip off version Made in china.

4. Ayanokouji
Oh my fcking god, this character, people with this character pfp is everywhere, but what is good about this character ffs? He's bland, no development, disgusting background just want to be like Johan but failed in every aspect.

5. Portgass D Ace
One piece fanboy love this character but this character almost doing nothing. Ace is just a plot device, but nothing good about that at all.

6. Zero two
Just have a big boobs, tight outfit, and says "ohayou darling" people gone crazy for this character? Like seriously, you're just in wrong website. This character is terrible, her background story is made the whole darling in the franxx become one of the worst anime. If you want to fap, i seen a lot hentai character better than this.

If we could only give awards here like Reddit you deserve one of the Best cuz only your list is actually factual here
Aug 12, 2021 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
-Any Re:Zero character. They're all awful. Wilheim was the only non garbage character.

-Sasuke Uchiha. How edgy do you have to be to actually think he was cool?

-Mereum, aka the cell ripoff. The worst character in anime history.

-Yukinoshita - oregairu . I don't dislike her character but the pink haired one was better. Fight me.

-Anyone but Mugumi in Saekano.

-Levi from AoT. Again I don't dislike the character but he's nothing special.

-Light Yagami. The edgy is too strong here.

-Ami from Toradora. I would actually hate her if she was a real person.

I'm going to stop there but I could probably find 10-20 more.

Can't argue with someone who is this much BASED
Aug 12, 2021 9:14 PM
Jul 2018
Aerosmith224 said:
PiyushSan said:
Same as the user above me said. ^

And I still don't know why Kirito has 36,874 MAL favorites.

Fangirls probably
Same with Levi and L
Only one that deserves are probably Guts and Lelouch

Well, Levi is attractive and pretty strong. And L is really smart. Kirito has literally nothing going for him.
Aug 12, 2021 9:16 PM
Jul 2018
PiyushSan said:
Aerosmith224 said:

Fangirls probably
Same with Levi and L
Only one that deserves are probably Guts and Lelouch

Well, Levi is attractive and pretty strong. And L is really smart. Kirito has literally nothing going for him.

L actually deserves for his High Intelligence and his mindgames but Levi is kinda Feitan ripoff with Guts backstory
Also he his a Static Character
Aug 12, 2021 9:29 PM

Jun 2020
Aerosmith224 said:
PiyushSan said:

L actually deserves for his High Intelligence and his mindgames but Levi is kinda Feitan ripoff with Guts backstory
oh man do i agree with you he's just a shorty and he isn't even that handsome
Aug 12, 2021 10:52 PM

Mar 2020
Any waifu with 1d personality now their fanboys are annoying asf
Aug 12, 2021 10:55 PM

Dec 2018
Aerosmith224 said:
PiyushSan said:

While I agree the hype around levi is lame, he's hardly a Feitan ripoff. You wanna talk about ripoffs, Mureum of Bad x Bad is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cell ripoff.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Aug 12, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
Aerosmith224 said:

While I agree the hype around levi is lame, he's hardly a Feitan ripoff. You wanna talk about ripoffs, Mureum of Bad x Bad is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge cell ripoff.

You said that to the wrong person Young man no you're in my watchlist
Aug 13, 2021 12:28 AM
Nov 2017
Lamperouge, Lelouch i don't know why he's so popular !
The anime is good, on the other hand I find the character too arrogant, he is far from being modest, he takes himself a bit for the center of the world. After it's my opinion but it's true that he's far from being I kind of endearing character.
Aug 13, 2021 12:33 AM
Nov 2017
Shaw_ said:
1. Kirito & the whole SAO cast.
Yeah, its SAO i don't understand whats good point about SAO.

2. Sora & Shiro.
This 2 character just framed to be smart, without doing nothing smart. The retards just like "owwwhhh its Loli gamer and she's smart wooooow" get the fck out.

3. Mikey
Like seriously people love this guy? This guy is cringe as hell, his fight just awfull. Mikey is just Levi rip off version Made in china.

4. Ayanokouji
Oh my fcking god, this character, people with this character pfp is everywhere, but what is good about this character ffs? He's bland, no development, disgusting background just want to be like Johan but failed in every aspect.

5. Portgass D Ace
One piece fanboy love this character but this character almost doing nothing. Ace is just a plot device, but nothing good about that at all.

6. Zero two
Just have a big boobs, tight outfit, and says "ohayou darling" people gone crazy for this character? Like seriously, you're just in wrong website. This character is terrible, her background story is made the whole darling in the franxx become one of the worst anime. If you want to fap, i seen a lot hentai character better than this.

i don't think like you, zero two is not a bad character, she's faar to be the worst waifu. The mojority of waifu don't have her charisma. Without talking about boobs, she have a good background which has been well developed.
Aug 13, 2021 12:36 AM
Nov 2017
luminouspaint said:
zero two..?? i never watched the anime but people were literally going ape over her + the dance that went viral

watch it and make your opinion, personally i don't understand why people hate darling in the franxx because he's far from being the worst anime ever. DITF is well made. It have defaults but it stands out from the majority of animes in terms of quality
Aug 13, 2021 12:38 AM
Nov 2017
Exaccus said:
Rin Tohsaka from the Fate franchise. Eh, sure she's kinda cute, but cute in a way that many, many anime girls are. I don't see anything that makes her special/unique.

Nezuko Kamado from Demon Slayer. Nezuko never even talks (grunting doesn't count) and is primarily a plot device. She is barely a proper character.

Kenpachi Zaraki from Bleach. His badassery always felt so hamfisted and contrived to me.

I agree with you, rin is not that exceptional
and totally agree with you for nezuko she's a bit useless in the anime
Aug 13, 2021 12:40 AM
Nov 2017
-kyarameru- said:
Zero Two. She's just pure waifu bait lmao

True, but she also have an interesting background. A sad past that give her this personality + she's not human, she don't have education so she don't have limits
Aug 13, 2021 12:43 AM
Nov 2017
BetaMaleUltra said:
Rem is great but I don't think she quite deserves ALL the hype she has gotten, I kind of actually like Ram a bit more with her sassy character lol

True, totally agree with you + she's not that important exept for subaru. I can't figure out why she is so appreciated when in the story she is not essential, then her background is not really good
Aug 13, 2021 12:54 AM
Nov 2017
Sakuta002766 said:
Definitely gojou from Jujutsu kaisen

I don't know why people think he is great character.
He is just another overpowered and cool character.

Yeah and we don't know much about him, suddenly we are not so attached to his person
Aug 13, 2021 12:54 AM

Feb 2021
Lelouch of course. I don't know why this man is in #1, whereas he acts dumb on the show. The staff are trying to convince the people who watch Code geass that he's so awesome
Aug 13, 2021 12:55 AM
Nov 2017
animu007 said:
oooh boy here we go.

Eren Jäger
Mikasa Ackerman
Lelouch
Light
Senjougahara
Yuno Gasai
Kirito

yeah lelouch is horrible can't understand his popularity
Aug 13, 2021 1:26 AM

May 2021
Aerosmith224 said:
VampireSylphy said:
Senjougahara Hitagi from the Monogatari series. Is it a meme thing similar to how Jojo fans all love Speedwagon as the ultimate waifu or is it a serious thing because I don't see anything good or lovable about her. She's annoying, creepy, & not even that good looking

It's just a joke

Meaning people only like Senjyogahara as a meme?
Aug 13, 2021 1:28 AM

Aug 2020
VampireSylphy said:
Aerosmith224 said:

It's just a joke

Nope, he meant Speedwagon as a meme (his loyalty makes him the waifu meme). But Senjougahara is legit.
Aug 13, 2021 2:08 AM

May 2021
mr_modest said:
VampireSylphy said:

Nope, he meant Speedwagon as a meme (his loyalty makes him the waifu meme). But Senjougahara is legit.

Yea but what's so legit about her? In my original post I said that she's annoying, creepy, & not even that good looking so what is it that people see in her? Her Jojo tendencies?
Aug 13, 2021 2:08 AM

Sep 2019
I never understand why Bakugou is popular. Sure I like MHA, but he’s probably my least fav character from the series. His annoying attitude makes me want to dislike more and more about his character.
Aug 13, 2021 2:28 AM

Aug 2020
VampireSylphy said:
mr_modest said:

Yea but what's so legit about her? In my original post I said that she's annoying, creepy, & not even that good looking so what is it that people see in her? Her Jojo tendencies?
I didn't read your original post about her.

"why people like her?"
Because they have great taste.

Tbh, every girl in monogatari acts like a bitch at times and she was under the crab god which suppresses her emotions. She grew more and more closer to Araragi who saved her. She was never "annoying" and "creepy" in the show. If her character interactions are not to your liking then that does not make her creepy. Honestly, you are using this as an actual criticism in a show where the MC molests lolis, yandere goddess and suicidal old hag is laughable. Every character has flaws. Senjou grows less violent and supports and protects Koyomi (even from his mistakes).

Her interactions with Araragi were better than any girl in the show by a landslide. Her dialogues are quirky and she actually develops more as a good character. That's why I like her and most people do.

And beauty is subjective. She looks the most beautiful along with Kiss-Shot (the lolo form doesn't even come close in beauty) to me. She is slender and yet looks beautiful. Her bangs look beautiful too. Hanekawa for example looks like the typical big boobed smart girl (some may like her idk).

So in conclusion, you hate her due to YOUR bias from Bakemonogatari.
Aug 13, 2021 2:49 AM

Jan 2017
- Aisaka Taiga from Toradora!
- Haruhi Suzumiya from Haruhi Suzumiya
- Ochako Uraraka from MHA

Never understood why so many claim these girls as their waifus because I find all of them very annoying.

Aug 13, 2021 2:51 AM

Aug 2017
spokenboot38 said:
- Aisaka Taiga from Toradora!

Never understood why so many claim these girls as their waifus because I find all of them very annoying.

I'm pretty sure Ochako isn't very liked, some people are indifferent at most.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 13, 2021 3:33 AM
Jul 2018
L from Death Note. Always thought he was weird, but when you figure out that he's perverted, he just creeps me out. Seriously, I know Mello and Near have a ton of flaws, and that the second part of DN was a
bit unnecessary (not because there was no L, but because the story just feels like it should end there and I disliked the second part opening so much) but I still prefer Mello and Near over that creep.
Aug 13, 2021 3:58 AM

Jun 2020
spokenboot38 said:

you forgot to mention they're also ugly
Aug 13, 2021 5:25 AM

Aug 2021
Aisaka taiga.
Aisaka taiga.
Aisaka taiga.
Aisaka taiga.

Aug 13, 2021 7:13 AM

Mar 2014
Zenitsu. How is he more popular than Inosuke. How.
And Tanjiro is waaay too much of a Mary Sue.
Aug 13, 2021 7:19 AM

Apr 2020
Siesta from Tantei no mou bait desu, Muse asia was posting swimsuit drawings of this character on thei community posts and many more stuff like that
Aug 13, 2021 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
All characters are overrated except rezero cast
Aug 13, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2019
Bakugo
Kirito
Naruto
Itachi
Todoroki
Levi
Aug 14, 2021 1:26 AM

Aug 2020
VampireSylphy said:
mr_modest said:
I never told anything "objectively" when I talked about Hitagi. It was all my opinion of her. I don't know how you can think whatever I said about her as "objective" when you were clearly asking me to give thoughts on her. If you still think I replied objectively after you asked "what's great about her?" then you are solely mistaken. I clearly mentioned how every girl has some flaws. Me mentioning bias was because you used her flaws as an excuse to criticize her, while every girl in the show had flaws or them being bitches before Araragi's help.

Honestly, every reply after your "good story bro" joke never mentioned anything about me having an "objective" opinion.

Edit : How was I using objective opinion when you were the one who called my taste "shit"? You are being a hyprocrite aren't you?

The same could be said of your essay of defending Pootagi and everything after which was just you spouting your opinions like it's facts.
Let me clear things up for the sake of this stupid mindset you have,
1. You asked why people like her to me
2. I gave my perspective regarding her. You do know that monogatari characters can be understood from various perspectives right? I gave my perspective to show why I like her.
3. You are mistaken about arguing over opinions on forums. Its never really objective or facts, its just people arguing over their perspectives and them being honest to their opinion. If you think what I typed was me thinking objectively till now, I can't really do about your mindset.

You basically lost the argument when you typed,
VampireSylphy said:
So in conclusion, cool story bro, changed my life. It needs more dragons and shit though.

Then you keep taking L and somehow come up with me being "objective" after coming up with a reply half a day later, when you actually lost the argument in the first place.
Aug 14, 2021 1:31 AM

Dec 2014
Eren. never understood the hype. Levi best girl

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
Aug 14, 2021 1:53 AM

Nov 2016
Luffy, I don't actually dislike him but I really don't understand the claims calling him the greatest shounen protagonist and I also find the ones concerning is morality to be really overblown too.
Honourable mention to Senjougahara Hitagi, Aisaka Taiga and any other tsundere lolis as well.
Aug 14, 2021 3:30 AM
Jul 2018
I would like to add all re:zero chars to the list
Aug 14, 2021 4:03 AM

Jan 2020
there are 0 characters that i didn't understood the hype around them, i can understand all the reasons someone can like a character, and it is easy as fuck, liking someone or a character is subjective, therefore any reason someone like a character is subjective, and that is end of it, i can understand someone liking a character because the character have a good feet, after all some people can just like a character with good feet. that is how it works, and since i watched the anime, i will see all the characteristics or majority, and it is easy to spot characteristics lots of people will like, for anime that i haven't watched or read about, of course naturally i won't know the reason, but that don't count.

U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Aug 14, 2021 4:41 AM
Aug 2021
Any girl from rent a girlfriend is overrated in my opinion 🙂
Aug 14, 2021 4:46 AM

May 2021
Zero two and Asuka langley...They shouldn't be as popular as they are...
Aug 14, 2021 9:22 AM
May 2021
Hayase Nagatoro from Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san. A lot of people like her, including my friends, but I don't really like her. She is annoying, in my opinion. I didn't read the manga yet, my thoughts might change after I read it.

Niko Yazawa from Love Live! School Idol Project . She is known for her iconic "Nico Nico Nii!" catchphrase. It's not that I don't like her but she isn't that great in my eyes.

Mary Saotome from Kakegurui. People love her and... I just don't. I don't hate her, I just don't think the same as the people who love Mary Saotome.

Zero Two from Darling in the FranXX. She is obviously so popular. I don't think badly of her but does she really deserve the popularity? I'm not so sure that her iconic "Darling!" line is the only reason why she is so popular. There are better female characters than her but they're not that popular god knows why.

Once and for all, I don't hate these 4 characters but I don't agree with the people who are in love with them. It's my personal opinion and it might differ from yours. There is no correct answer to this kind of question.

Have a nice day!!

-GoblinAug 14, 2021 9:31 AM
Aug 14, 2021 1:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Rengoku from Demon Slayer got a lot of hype for a character who got little screen time and
Aug 16, 2021 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
Aerosmith224 said:
AtmosphericEntry said:
Probably the whole cast of Steins;Gate, but I like them more now that I've read the visual novel 10 years later.

Dio is another one, but I last read JoJo 9 years ago so that needs some updating too.

Dio is a Meme Material
About Steins Gate
Ever heard of Character Development or either you just didn't watch it full
I didn't say their development was an issue, that's a weird reach.
Aug 16, 2021 11:01 AM

Dec 2020
every character from kaguya sama
even on reddit
Aug 17, 2021 1:35 AM

Oct 2008
Levy (SNK)
Hyouin Kyouma (Steins;gate)

There are probably others, but these popped in my head so.
Aug 20, 2021 5:15 AM
May 2021
e5892 said:

Anyone from bnha
The cast of demon slayer expecially nezuko who exist for waifu bait and saving tanjiro's ass when he need
I like some characters from mha and demon slayer but you gave hxh a 10 out of 10 when it has greed island arc and 13th chairman election arc, the arcs that I think are worse than half of mha and kny's arcs
Sep 15, 2021 3:42 PM

Jul 2017
I can understand why the majority of popular characters are so popular, but what I really don’t understand is why Bakugo is ranked all the way up at 62, and why Gilgamesh is ranked all the way up at 115.
Sep 15, 2021 3:50 PM
Mar 2021
Levi from Atack on Titan and Itachi from Naruto
Sep 15, 2021 3:56 PM

Oct 2020
Opened the thread to see the million Gojo and Levi comments, as expected.

How can you not understand the hype around them? They are badass, that's it, it really isn't that complicated. I love well-written characters but sometimes a badass one does the trick
Sep 15, 2021 4:02 PM

May 2020
Theo1899 said:
When jjk was airing everyone was like "dude Gojo is the best character in the last decade" and "Nobara just saved females in anime" but when I watched it I was seriously underwhelmed by both of them.

^^ This, along with REM. Not too sure how everything about REM goes out of hand.

Maybe try sleeping?

Sep 15, 2021 4:13 PM
Aug 2021
Izuku Midoriya... Or any other hard core cry baby...

That being said I never got into MHA so maybe he developed more as a character idk...

Emotion is fine, makes alot of shows stand out but just stop with the water works every other scene please...
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one...
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Anime of the Season

Raajdeep - Yesterday

39 by Guilmon1 »»
8 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character that you whole-heartedly hate? ( 1 2 3 4 )

swirlydragon - Apr 17, 2021

191 by Orsisa »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you guys like any of the 4kids openings

HattoriSoul - Sep 13

18 by Guilmon1 »»
14 minutes ago

» If you had to choose, which anime took place at school more?

Jukemania - 15 minutes ago

0 by Jukemania »»
15 minutes ago

» Is anime too mainstream? ( 1 2 )

SimplyBrazen - Sep 18

73 by KittenCuddler »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.