Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2018 12:48 AM

May 2014
windeen-windy said:
SoraSenpai said:
While it had more powerful moments like Jessica getting raped, and Shorter turning heel...i feel like the bloodbath has to be coming.

Yeah the last three or so episodes have been a little less actiony, so I am hoping shit hit the fan soon.

Don't worry: It will. Big time.
There might be more people dropping it because of some of the things that are going to go down soon.
Depending on what characters they currently like/love and what is about to happen (if the anime remains so faithful to the manga, that is).

I am so scared right now because of what you said. I am already goddamn pissed on this episode.
Aug 28, 2018 4:58 AM

Mar 2009
arvin_1219 said:
windeen-windy said:

Don't worry: It will. Big time.
There might be more people dropping it because of some of the things that are going to go down soon.
Depending on what characters they currently like/love and what is about to happen (if the anime remains so faithful to the manga, that is).

I am so scared right now because of what you said. I am already goddamn pissed on this episode.

I'm sorry. I was just trying to reassure those who were upset at the slow-ish pace, that it would "hit the fan soon."
windeen-windyAug 28, 2018 5:35 AM
Aug 28, 2018 4:00 PM
Aug 2016
Tsukizono said:
Sage17 said:
Does anyone know how old Shorter is? He seems older than Ash but I can't find any info about it.

I'm not a manga reader, but apparently there is a side story prequel on Shorter and Ash's first meeting, which was in juvenile prison. It was stated Ash was 15? when they first met, and let's say the max age for juvenile prison is 17, so Shorter is probably (in the current story) 19, same as Eiji.

I didn't read into a lot of detail cause I was trying to avoid spoilers. Any manga readers here to correct me?

I haven't read the manga either to avoid spoilers but that sounds about right. Thank you :)
Aug 28, 2018 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
Another quality episode. They are all fucked up right now. Big time. A lot of information in this episode. How will they find a way out of it? This got me really interested.

Banana Fish is quite scary, no wonder the goverment wants this. Sounds like a real powerful weapon on the battlefield.

hyeshoney said:
I really admire how quickly Ash thinks and the fact that no matter what, he has undying trust in Shorter despite all the tragedy. I think the episode was really well delivered.

That`s why you have to respect those Chinese gangsters (and Yut-Lung especially). They made a perfect plan to abduct Eiji and get Ash. Everything was planned well and on the top of that they even used Ash`s most loyal friend.

Compare this to Dino`s actions AKA my henchmen are going to shot at you. You ran away? More henchmen, more shooting. Classy man he is, isn`t he?
Sep 11, 2018 8:19 AM

Dec 2014
well that was something…so much for a drug and so many conspiracies…things have been going downhill from the start… things seem more and more grim
Sep 14, 2018 4:17 AM

Aug 2017
I like that this show is full of revenge. It's a good thing that Ash still trust Shorter. Papa Dino is doing business with the government for the use of the drug. Yut-Lung also wants to avenge her mother. Now, we know the origin of Banana Fish and why Ash's brother was drugged.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 27, 2018 11:14 AM

Mar 2012
Tsukizono said:
Sage17 said:
Does anyone know how old Shorter is? He seems older than Ash but I can't find any info about it.

I'm not a manga reader, but apparently there is a side story prequel on Shorter and Ash's first meeting, which was in juvenile prison. It was stated Ash was 15? when they first met, and let's say the max age for juvenile prison is 17, so Shorter is probably (in the current story) 19, same as Eiji.

I didn't read into a lot of detail cause I was trying to avoid spoilers. Any manga readers here to correct me?
Ash was no older than 14 in juvie based on Angel Eyes and even his appearance in Private Opinion. To me he looked 13.
Dec 5, 2018 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, that drug is a heavy big deal since the goverment took part in the story. The extra info about BF was really interesting to hear and I can understand why they want to use it with military purposes. Dino truly has high ambitions.

It was a very intense episode, a lot of things happened and some people say that the next one will be even more fuck up. I'm not going to say that I look forward to it but I'm a bit curious.

Also... shit, I'm really sorry for Jessica, being honest. I just hope that Max kills that bastard who raped her. That's something I'm really looking forward to seeing for sure. But well, at least, his son is ok.

That aside, I also feel bad for Shorter. He's in a horrible position but I respect his loyalty towards Ash since he would die before anyone touches Eiji, more specifically him killing Eiji and then taking his own life. Personally, I would prefer that instead of living as a "toy" for that Golzine bastard. I just hope they both can escape before anything bad happens but I have low expectations, to be honest.
SouthRzVaDec 5, 2018 9:05 PM
Dec 19, 2018 6:13 AM

Oct 2017
Thankfully, Max’s family wasn’t killed, though I feel sorry for Jessica, considering what probably happened to her. And the poor kid didn’t deserve to go through all that.

Yut-Lung takes his chance while the others are away and kidnaps Eiji. Dino plans on using Eiji as a “toy” to get back at Ash. Shorter isn’t having any of it and stays by Eiji’s side the whole time, vowing to kill Eiji and himself if anyone tries anything.

Yut-Lung is actually a pretty interesting character. He seems to have gone through quite a lot himself. It seems his brothers forced him to become the man he is today. I wonder just what all his intentions are.

Sadly, Ash and the gang get captured at the end of this episode. I wonder how they’ll get out of it?
Jan 16, 2019 3:04 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I have a feeling that the Asian dude is going to end up on the same side as Ash, they would make for a great duo to overthrow the Don and his family, although, with the government's backing up, it'sd going to be extra hard. But I guess, some personalities from the cops at New York should lend a hand there.
But first, they really need to save Eiji and get Shorter back on track with them. Leaving his sister behind was as bad as Ash visiting his homeland again, you should always consider your family before stepping in the dangerous territory of messing up with a state-recognized mafia.
Mar 28, 2019 6:41 AM

Dec 2013
I'm getting pissed off right now everything turned out really bad (again) I wonder if Ash and his company could still get the justice that they deserve. Argggg. When does the horrible things will stop happening?

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 30, 2019 8:59 AM

Oct 2010
I'm hoping Yut Lung would side with Ash instead, go destroy Dino and the drug for good, Max comes back to his family, Eiji and Ash got a happy ending and everyone lives a good, fulfilling life.

Yeah, right.
Aug 23, 2019 4:10 PM

May 2010
They finally showed what's the deal with this drug, no wonder it's so dangerous and infamous...

I'm quite impressed with anime's pacing tbh, the plot is moving forward so quickly! Honestly I didn't expect BF to be a complete manga adaptation, but it seems like it might be one of these rare cases. Cool!
Aug 23, 2019 5:06 PM

Aug 2007
I feel so bad with anyone that has people they care about and goes against the underworld... you're bound to be ripped to shreds when they find your compassionate weakness.

Sep 18, 2019 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
Never a moment of respite!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 26, 2020 4:57 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, Max, fight for custody right for your son while investigating dangerous conspiracies, I'm sure nothing bad will ever happen to him ;p I really hope it won't end with him and Jessica getting back again, if it happens than she officially has self preservation instinct of an amoeba.
May 13, 2020 11:04 PM

Mar 2016
Hi so I am rewatching banana fish with a friend. At the end of the episode she asked me why the hell was Ash looking at the burning house so sadly and we had an hour long discussion on it later. I think it was because it was a place filled with all of the information on a thing that he has been chasing for years and crippled his brother and when he finally got there Dino destroyed it in minutes. I feel like that must've been quite crushing, even though most of the information has been taken by those people.

She keeps on telling me that because the information is not there anymore it makes no sense for him to be looking so sadly at the burning house and should be sadly looking at the people who have the documents instead, especially beacuse in her opinion he doesn't have the education needed to understand all of it and that none of the more delicate information like the fact that it was tested on humans would be there as that is the only suable thing. I still think that that's not something you think of when you see a lab set aflame.

Then she told me he should be looking sadly at the scientist because he knows all of the things. I don't think that Dino will just let them have a nice talk over a tea and all.

I just think that it was more because of the symbolical meaning for Ash - that drug was tested there and all of the information available was stored there, all in one place. He was finally close to it. BAM it's set on fire by a man who groomed you since you were a child. I'd be shocked as well.

Well her argument to this is that he lost many things in his life and a personal loss like this probably isn't the worst thing he's been through but that still doesn't mean it's weird for him to be sad about it...
Nov 18, 2020 9:39 PM

Jul 2020
The story keeps progressing at a good pace, I like this anime
Mar 14, 2021 4:46 AM

Jun 2020
How are they going to go up against the government (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)
When they burned the house down & captured them away my heart just sank, it felt like all hope was lost. And then you have Shorter trying his best to protect Eiji....what a bro. Ash immediately understood why Shorter did what he did. Yut Lung is really intriguing as well.

I’m almost certain there would be more heartbreaking deaths. Not sure if my heart is ready.....

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 5, 2021 6:12 PM
Mar 2021
I think it's ridiculous how many rapists are introduced in this fucking show. But nonetheless, it was a very enjoyable episode. I really hope nothing happens to Eiji and Shorter though
Apr 10, 2021 11:51 PM

Jan 2021
Finally the mansion arc is starting... this also means ANOTHER favorite character of mine might possibly appear next ep (my third after eiji and ash), if not then ep 10?

Seeing Shorter protecting Eiji like that makes me recall those little moments of him protecting Eiji in the past few eps. Shorter is such a good guy, and he's grown to care a lot about Eiji in such a short amount of time.

Shorter telling Arthur off like that was amazing and savage lmao.

Ash's voice when he talked to Michael and when he assured Eiji was so soft. Notice the same kind of voice he used for them.

Yut-Lung. Damn I feel like the staff really LIKE him. And they're probably having a lot of fun with his design because of his long hair. He only had a simple ponytail in the manga in this part so I'm excited how many hairstyles they're gonna give him in his later moments. Also his hatred for the Lee family really adds a lot of depth to him, and makes the villain dynamic a little more complicated.

EDIT: to add, I'm sad they cut out the part where Shorter cries in the airplane ride with Eiji. It shows how guilty and miserable he feels when promising to take Eiji out before Dino gets to him.
CalmTeaTimeJan 8, 2022 2:44 PM
Aug 9, 2021 8:38 PM
Feb 2020
I'm crying over hor Shorter is behaving, he's so sweet I'm so sorry about his situation, also, I'm impressed of all the thought process of Linx
Nov 3, 2021 10:16 AM
Feb 2020
What a diabolical mind Dino and the Lee brothers have.
Dec 18, 2021 9:41 AM
Nov 2020
Each episode leaves me SHOOK. I’m loving the drama.
Feb 24, 2022 10:59 AM
Apr 2021
Shorter rather have Eiji killed than become Dino's toys. That says a lot.
Nov 8, 2022 7:58 AM
Oct 2019
So that's what Banana Fish does go people.
That's insane.

Shorter really doesn't have any choice.

Idk why but i am assuming they sexually assault Jessica.
Those Bastard need to die.
Feb 14, 2023 1:34 AM

Dec 2020
It's getting more and more interesting. 

Welp they burned down the mansion. 

And I guess, that guy sexually assaulted Jessica? Can't wait for these pieces of shit to die. 
Mar 18, 2023 9:41 AM
Dec 2022
slow pacing and very boring
Sep 3, 2023 6:06 AM
Jul 2018
the plot thickens
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2018

120 by tenmeis »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

350 by Rabbit_holes »»
Jun 5, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2018

88 by tenmeis »»
May 10, 4:11 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

67 by bubba460z »»
May 5, 4:10 PM

» Any differences?

Mangahater - Apr 27

10 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.