Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 2021 6:28 PM
Apr 2021
I saw on crunchyroll ig that this is a romance anime, will it be between the two girls (idr their names) or that'll feel too cliché?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 8, 2021 7:18 PM
Aug 2018
I was gonna say that people really have a problem seeing anything like shoujo Ai or shounen Ai just because of same-sex characters in the promotional image.

Then you said it was Crunchyroll and I'm like "Nooow I see the problem"

Anyway, I doubt it. And if it is, so be it. That shouldn't be something to decide whether to watch it or not. Just decide for yourself, watch the first episode. If you liked it, keep watching; if you didn't, that's also okay.

Personally, I liked it. Seems to be more Slice of Life/drama for now. And very atmospheric, which I loved.
Jul 8, 2021 7:31 PM

Sep 2014
This is an original anime. There's no way to know if it'll be a shoujo ai or not.

The people saying it's absolutely not a shoujo ai when nothing has been confirmed aren't reasonable.
Jul 8, 2021 7:49 PM
Jun 2020
I hope shoujo ai😁
Jul 8, 2021 7:51 PM
Nov 2020
R0rack said:
I was gonna say that people really have a problem seeing anything like shoujo Ai or shounen Ai just because of same-sex characters in the promotional image.

Then you said it was Crunchyroll and I'm like "Nooow I see the problem"

Anyway, I doubt it. And if it is, so be it. That shouldn't be something to decide whether to watch it or not. Just decide for yourself, watch the first episode. If you liked it, keep watching; if you didn't, that's also okay.

Personally, I liked it. Seems to be more Slice of Life/drama for now. And very atmospheric, which I loved.

What's the problem with crunchyroll and shojujo ai? I don't get it
Jul 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Aug 2018
Watch it and find out like the rest of us will be.
Anime is trash and so am I.
Jul 8, 2021 7:55 PM

Mar 2016
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Hope isn't a shoujo ai , it will totally destroy my enjoyment

It most likely is, but we'll see.
Just an avid anime watcher of 18 years, not much else I could say about myself (that I don't want to reveal, of course, just ask if you wanna know more!)

"So...look up, face forward, toward your chosen horizon and just...walk on." - Noah, Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Jul 8, 2021 7:57 PM
Jan 2021
It is an original work, so there's no way to know if it is Shoujo Ai. That's none of my concern though, I don't care if it's Shoujo Ai or not. As long as the story is as good as their other SOL works, I'm fine with both.
Jul 8, 2021 9:40 PM

Jul 2019
Genuine question: Why are these the first thing comes into mind of nowadays? I don't get it. Same thing like this happened for Vanitas.

I don't get it.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 8, 2021 10:36 PM
Jul 2021
I Guest Not This Not Shoujo AI Anime Becuase Looking That Genre It Just Slice Of Life
Jul 8, 2021 11:19 PM
Dec 2019
It's not usual in this studio to do shoujo ai, their thing is most likely het romance. And since other works from this same director are all het romance, and this series has already presented some male characters which relevance we'll get to know soon, I seriously doubt it.

The most we could get is bait
Jul 9, 2021 2:05 AM
Jul 2018
Nobody knows. It's an original anime so we all know as much about it as you do, so none of us can say it will but we also can't say it won't, either.
Jul 9, 2021 2:56 AM
Jul 2018
well if thats the case then i'd be very happy, just hope they do it well.
Gween_Gween said:
it would be zoophilia the girl is going to fuck a penguin
wtf... cursed af
Jul 9, 2021 2:58 AM

Jul 2020
God,if it was a shoujo ai it would've already been stated in the synopsis they both like each other but feels like this is gonna be a Yuri bait.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jul 9, 2021 3:11 AM

Jan 2021
Might not be shoujo ai but it seems like it's gonna be fruity nonetheless
Jul 9, 2021 3:40 AM

Aug 2020
LordSozin said:
Genuine question: Why are these the first thing comes into mind of nowadays? I don't get it. Same thing like this happened for Vanitas.

I don't get it.
With how many BL/Yaoi/yuri/FL (and their respective bait version) animes and mangas are being made nowadays , its becoming difficult to tell what is what anymore . Especially if its original content as well . tags dont help either because
1. MAL tags have a tendency to not be accurate sometimes .
2. Some of the shows would only reveal it is in either one of the top mentioned tags very later on in the series , so until then the viewers are in the dark on that aspect .

in the case with vanitas , i myself was under the impression that it was yaoi , because every KV and pics i saw of it was of the 2 MCs , giving of some real homoerotic vibes , like other yaoi anime KVs. eg:-

It is easily mistakable . Even with this show , how can you be certain that this isnt shoujo ai ? it could very well be one.

And so for people who are not into such genres , It gets confusing , thus they ask the question .
Jul 9, 2021 4:08 AM
Apr 2021
I hope it's shoujo ai
Jul 9, 2021 4:17 AM

Jul 2019
TweedleDane said:
LordSozin said:

I don't get it.
With how many BL/Yaoi/yuri/FL (and their respective bait version) animes and mangas are being made nowadays , its becoming difficult to tell what is what anymore . Especially if its original content as well . tags dont help either because
1. MAL tags have a tendency to not be accurate sometimes .
2. Some of the shows would only reveal it is in either one of the top mentioned tags very later on in the series , so until then the viewers are in the dark on that aspect .

in the case with vanitas , i myself was under the impression that it was yaoi , because every KV and pics i saw of it was of the 2 MCs , giving of some real homoerotic vibes , like other yaoi anime KVs. eg:-

It is easily mistakable . Even with this show , how can you be certain that this isnt shoujo ai ? it could very well be one.

And so for people who are not into such genres , It gets confusing , thus they ask the question .

I see. People are fan of these, ig. I just find it peculiar since I don't look shows that way.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 9, 2021 5:29 AM

May 2021
If it is a yuri , I don’t have a problem .....
If you are from South East Asia, then I request you, when you will start an anime, you search if it is available on Muse Asia and Ani-one Asia, before looking through piracy websites
Jul 9, 2021 6:47 AM

Sep 2014
Scordolo said:
God,if it was a shoujo ai it would've already been stated in the synopsis they both like each other but feels like this is gonna be a Yuri bait.

Synopsis doesn't tell such things when the main focus is not the romance.
Jul 9, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2021
Just wait for the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2021 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
Honestly i hope this is a shoujo ai as iv seen a cover that looks similar to shoujo ai like covers. Plus we aint really had a good shoujo ai this year. I'd prolly get my hopes up and it wont be tho as a lot of anime aint these days, ah well!

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Jul 9, 2021 10:39 AM

Mar 2021
i would love it if this turned out to be a shoujo ai, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up lol
Jul 9, 2021 12:07 PM

Feb 2018
Fair question based on the alternate cover, synopsis and PV, but afaik P.A. Works hasn't really made yuri or yuri bait series besides HaruChika and Canaan. That said, there are 4 female leads and 2 male leads so you never know.
Jul 9, 2021 2:53 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly I would love for the main girls to get together cause I'd love to see more same sex couples in shows that aren't about the romance (or comedy). That kind of shows have always existed (or at least a long time) but one more couldn't hurt, since they're rare gems. But I don't mind either way honestly, I love the vibe of the show as it is and focusing solely on the slice of life aspect would be enough.
Jul 9, 2021 5:24 PM
Feb 2021
Feel like the romance will be between Blue hair girl and the dude who sat behind her at school in the first episode, or the idol girl and him if any. Maybe a love triangle between the two girls and him. I really don’t care either way, guess we’ll have to find out. I plan to
Jul 9, 2021 7:41 PM
Jul 2020
Same-sex characters, wrong target audience, who cares unless its blatantly obvious. And those who do should grow up
Jul 9, 2021 10:36 PM

Jan 2020
maybe? It's hard to tell just off of the first episode

Jul 10, 2021 6:45 AM
Jan 2021
I hope it isn't one
Jul 10, 2021 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
Lol, this anime was never promoted as romance.

Gensouori said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Hope isn't a shoujo ai , it will totally destroy my enjoyment

It most likely is, but we'll see.

Most likely? Lol, this was never advertised as romance, the trailer or the art never gave anything but a tempting one and a half scenes ... but people continue to speculate so much that their neighbor is the writer of this show. If it really does become yuri, then okay. If not, then I will gladly look at the faces of everyone who wrote about it with the face of an expert.
RobertBobertJul 10, 2021 6:27 PM
Jul 10, 2021 6:22 PM

Apr 2012
TheFlyingOrange said:
Fair question based on the alternate cover, synopsis and PV, but afaik P.A. Works hasn't really made yuri or yuri bait series besides HaruChika and Canaan. That said, there are 4 female leads and 2 male leads so you never know.

HaruChika is more of a BL bait, but even with that in mind, both shows are adaptations.
Jul 10, 2021 6:27 PM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:

It wasn't promoted to anything specific, so that statement doesn't help much.
Jul 10, 2021 6:29 PM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

AND? Even when the announcement contained an interview with the cast, they didn't even tease about it.
Jul 10, 2021 6:35 PM

Sep 2014
RobertBobert said:
Hrybami said:

AND? Even when the announcement contained an interview with the cast, they didn't even tease about it.

They are not obligated to tease every content possible. Iroduku wasn't teased as a romance and it turned out to be a romance. I'm not saying there is going to have romance in Aquatope (even if I feel like it will have). What I'm saying is that we can't tell that something is not romance just because it wasn't teased.
Jul 10, 2021 6:46 PM

Apr 2012
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

They are not obligated to tease every content possible. Iroduku wasn't teased as a romance and it turned out to be a romance. I'm not saying there is going to have romance in Aquatope (even if I feel like it will have). What I'm saying is that we can't tell that something is not romance just because it wasn't teased.

Iroduku had a romantic subplot, but it was rather superficial and was never the main theme of the show despite the fact that the show had obvious pairings like some ship bait CGDCT. But in this case, I have too much experience to see when the authors are going to sell me if not full yuri, then at least a ship bait show.
Jul 10, 2021 6:51 PM

Apr 2017
ruttopoika said:
Honestly I would love for the main girls to get together cause I'd love to see more same sex couples in shows that aren't about the romance (or comedy). That kind of shows have always existed (or at least a long time) but one more couldn't hurt, since they're rare gems. But I don't mind either way honestly, I love the vibe of the show as it is and focusing solely on the slice of life aspect would be enough.

Samesies. Either way, I enjoy the vibe of this anime.
Jul 10, 2021 7:55 PM

Feb 2018
Hrybami said:
RobertBobert said:

It has been promoted as a coming of age drama like A Place Further than the Universe (themes of finding yourself, friendship, youth, etc.); that doesn't necessarily include or preclude romance.

RobertBobert said:
TheFlyingOrange said:

HaruChika is more of a BL bait, but even with that in mind, both shows are adaptations.

True. I'm guessing that, at most, there will be one lesbian couple and 2 straight couples because of the gender ratio, kind of like how
did it but hopefully without
Jul 10, 2021 7:58 PM

Apr 2012
TheFlyingOrange said:
Hrybami said:

It has been promoted as a coming of age drama like A Place Further than the Universe (themes of finding yourself, friendship, youth, etc.); that doesn't necessarily include or preclude romance.

RobertBobert said:

True. I'm guessing that, at most, there will be one lesbian couple and 2 straight couples because of the gender ratio, kind of like how

There was no lesbian couple there. She came out, but apart from speculations of the level "how she looks at her" there was no canon.
Jul 10, 2021 7:59 PM

Feb 2018
RobertBobert said:
TheFlyingOrange said:

There was no lesbian couple there. She came out, but apart from speculations of the level "how she looks at her" there was no canon.

Good, Momoko can do better.
Jul 10, 2021 8:03 PM

Apr 2012
TheFlyingOrange said:
RobertBobert said:

Good, Momoko can do better.

It could be read as an open end, but personally I think it was more of a deconstruction of the cliché "your straight friend return your feeling if you love them enough."
Jul 11, 2021 5:15 AM

May 2021
I hope this isn't Shoujo Ai, because I'll just drop this anime if it's true.
Jul 11, 2021 8:48 PM
Apr 2021
Yukino_chan99 said:
I hope it's shoujo ai so that you can drop it
Jul 11, 2021 9:49 PM

May 2021
Fgtuv4_tg said:
Yukino_chan99 said:
great for you, but I really don't like same-sex relationships. sorry it's just not for me. I'll happily drop it later if it turns into Yuri.
Jul 12, 2021 10:03 PM

May 2016
From the first episode alone it didn’t seem that way. I kinda got Nagi no Asu kara vibes for some reason.
Jul 12, 2021 10:37 PM

Feb 2020
dude why would we know, we're watching the same anime as you, and there's no source material to refer to
Jul 14, 2021 7:24 AM

Apr 2012
Yukino_chan99 said:
Fgtuv4_tg said:
great for you, but I really don't like same-sex relationships. sorry it's just not for me. I'll happily drop it later if it turns into Yuri.

I see it is becoming a trend for yuri shippers lately. I read the HameFura wiki and several people there similarly wrote that they will only hope for yuri because ordinary people are not interested in it.
Jul 14, 2021 8:56 AM
Feb 2021
Shoujo ai or not, if you're a man of culture, you'll understand and accept it since that's how society works. It's 2021 already. Whether it is wlw or mlm I don't care. I'll just enjoy the eyegasm and pick the lessons that I may use in real life. People keep on pushing what they want.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ShadowMonkeyAug 8, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 14, 2021 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
Unfortunately, Twitter somehow normalised the notion, that any form of comradery between two characters of the same gender is to be perceived as homosexual relationship and such wrong impressions are the results.

This is anime original, so we don't know for sure, but it is highly doubtful.
The most you can expect is ambiguous yuri bait.

Jul 16, 2021 5:37 AM

May 2012
Wow so much hate on this discussions lol.

While I do think that sometimes people take it too far shipping 2 girls together when theyre having normal interactions, people that refuse to see that theres something more at times also piss me off.

Well its all a case by case thing really but some people are just too set on one side.

I do hate yuri baiting though and this show has definitely done it, like c'mon anyone refusing theyre not yuri baiting are delusional, the pv trailers and the promotional art always has showed their relationship very ambiguous.

Now im a filthy yuri lover myself so i'll admit i'd love this to be a yuri and might be looking too much into things, but when I saw the trailer for this one with a buddy of mine, who doesn't like yuri, he asked me if this was a yuri i was waiting for and that he'd watch it cuz the production values looked great (And cuz i hounded him to watch more yuri), so yeah I dont think its just people "looking too much into nothing".

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Jul 16, 2021 8:11 AM
Jul 2020
I really hope it would be a shoujo-ai
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

138 by basskiller »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:15 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2021

78 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2021

74 by basskiller »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:00 AM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

85 by basskiller »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shiroi Suna no Aquatope Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2021

105 by basskiller »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.