Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 22, 2021 10:00 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Early VOD release on the same day.

Hayato is still going at it against Rin, but knowing that has totally no chance of winning against her. Ysley and Paula are on the wrong end against Rin, but going through their short backstories make them look like family.

OOH, Summoning to summon new Idaten companions, and having distinguishly "trained" by the times they were summoned, both Ysley and Paula sure didn't look like they're a match against Rin, so much so that the possibility of death is much faster than getting harshly thrashed by Rin every moment. The fast-forward explanation of Ysley does much to give me a laugh though. The thought process is that Idaten Deities are borne from salvation, but saving humans is not in their dictionary. Sure doesnt make sense for them to be the generation of the Idaten Deities who know only peace (and yes, that's a title drop there).

Sending humans to the land to exterminate enemies of the Zoble Empire is General Piscalat, and all loot and resources are fair game to acquire, all kinks are allowed. Even on land, all are quite the shitty shats of a fully-equipped army in war, from soldiers to leading generals like Piscalat and Nickel, all lead by the old robot fart that is Dr. Obami, the Demon Lord whom has given these people their "human form" and "intelligence".

Still a story and plot that's told in quick succession, better not falter in understanding this one!
KANLen09Jul 22, 2021 12:15 PM
Jul 22, 2021 10:04 AM

Jan 2020
Definitely better pacing then the first episode, the exposition is taking it's place and it's going to get darker, I'm looking forward to more!!!
KatoWorksJul 22, 2021 10:29 AM
Jul 22, 2021 10:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The whole war part is sure interesting with the demon army and its members, I'm curious about their abilities (and especially Miku xD)
Jul 22, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2018
Really loving this, everything is really good

Well Paula and Essly didn't train for the past 80 years, but it's time to change. And interesting to know that Rin is the last survivor and the strongest.
And the comedy is also funny. Espically when Hayato calls Rin a hag and almost dies xD

Essly is a damn NEET. What the hell is that on his bed? LOL

Paula's inner thoughts are pretty cute to listen to.

Well they're getting attacked by the Zoble Military. And all the soldiers have weird kinks.. (one of them said shotas LOL)

General Piscalat and the rest are intelligent demons and MIKU LOOKS GODDAMN GOOD.
The pacing is good and the action scenes are incredible.
SideCharacterKalJul 22, 2021 11:23 AM

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 22, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2019
The characters are too OP especially, the old hag. Well, Hayato is calling her that but she looks like a 15-year-old. Paula and Rin both are cute. I love Rin except when she's angry. Also, she's super harsh with her training. Nearly killed Paula and Ysley tho they can't die. So many funny scenes in this show. And, a lot of action as well.

Not gonna lie, I'm enjoying this show more than I anticipated and this art style is really good. Great job, MAPPA.
Jul 22, 2021 11:08 AM

Nov 2016
The OP is a certified banger.

First episode already left a positive impression with the hyper stylized visuals, color palette and wackiness. Definitely reminded of a Trigger show. This was a nice follow up with a bit more meat to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 22, 2021 11:32 AM

Jul 2011
My conclusion is, Idaten, specially Rin, are extremely OP but at same time useless, making routinely around the world runs, but still letting demons get into power.

Jul 22, 2021 11:35 AM

Oct 2019
Idk why but the scene with Hayato and Rin at 1:43 really reminded me of that one scene from the first Avengers movie with hulk and Loki.
Jul 22, 2021 11:38 AM
Dec 2020
of course they have to remind us this episode that the nun scene happened, what a mood destroyer, without those scenes this shit would be way higher in score for me.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
I really hope that military woman Pisara shows up more in this show. She easily caught my attention the most just from her personalities and actions alone.

Pretty fun stuff. It seems the anime itself may even be self aware of what's showing to us.
Jul 22, 2021 12:18 PM

Jan 2021
I got a surprise when I saw the second episode c:

That's not training, that's a masochistic session

Intelligent devils, these look strong, our MCs will have to train hard...
Jul 22, 2021 12:26 PM

Feb 2017
It was obvious to begin with that the General was inhumane, though when she said she needed a jet to fly back it is easy to conclude that she's not a Idaten or else she would be a really slow one in terms of speed as we saw the new jet that Dr Obami crashed in flying only 2 Mach while from the 9 hour earth run Hayato was told that he was slower than usually but still ran with 4 Mach. So from that it sounds obvious that she's not a Idaten as we also get a good idea of in the end of the episode that she's highly likely an Intelligent Demon in human shape. If she is stronger or weaker than our cast, I can't really tell, though in terms of speed she looks really slow compared to them, which also characterize a Demon as how Yssly described the Demon Hayato killed.
Jul 22, 2021 12:33 PM
Dec 2017
of course they have to remind us this episode that the nun scene happened, what a mood destroyer, without those scenes this shit would be way higher in score for me.
I really liked the direction of this particular scene.
Jul 22, 2021 12:39 PM

Feb 2019
The hyper stylised visuals actually remind me a lot of Lulloco. Definitely the most original I’ve seen in a long time. Pretty obvious from the beginning that the Zolbe kingdom is being led by demons. The general and Nickel both gave off sus vibes.
Jul 22, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
https://imgur.com/VlmUnil
i dont know how to post the image. [img] doesn't work sry

well, to be fair tho, the series takes on the god's perspective rather than the humans which is why the humans look like an animal or ants. and i got excited alot by Essly about their perspective on human. which is the same thing when we see animal got slaughtered by the other, we didn't pay much attention about it unless if it endangered the species. i got excited about that because i have thought about that few times too. i always imagined how cows and pigs are being handled in their farm house or whatever it is and i imagined that to be human. just think about it, if there is actually another species up there above us, higher than us like ants below human, bu there something up there looking at us as their food.

i loved the concept of the story so far tho. looking forward for more. i have never been felt no empathy towards innocent human got raped or burnt by flamethrower until this show appeared. well i felt a bit bad, that's for sure but few minutes afterwards the mood just disappeared.
YizelTroJul 22, 2021 1:08 PM
Jul 22, 2021 1:54 PM

May 2010
_Exactly said:
Idk why but the scene with Hayato and Rin at 1:43 really reminded me of that one scene from the first Avengers movie with hulk and Loki.

Thought the same, looked like a straight up copy of that scene from The Avengers
Infinite growth is the ideology of a cancer cell
Jul 22, 2021 3:03 PM
May 2016
The Idaten are interesting, including their indifference to humans, guess the demons taking a side is going to throw a monkey wrench into that. Just hope this doesn't degenerate into a typical shonen battle anime.
Jul 22, 2021 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
Forgot to mention this in previous episode, but man that OP is flashy artistic wonderfully made and the song is a banger!

Hayato being thrown around by Rin was so Loki being thrown around by the Hulk, freaking loved it!!! Too bad that Rin didn't say "puny god" that would have made it perfect! XD

As we learned last week, Rin is savage in her training, Paula stood no chance and was out within a second. So brutal!

Zolbe kingdom are all demons it seems and all in human form. Interesting.
Jul 22, 2021 4:05 PM

Jun 2014
Nice, 2 episodes in one day. This was a good follow-up to the first episode, where we learn about why the gods don't protect humans and that the Zoble kingdom is made up of demons in human form. I'm interested in where the story will go from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 22, 2021 4:06 PM

Sep 2018
I think that nicely summed up how important we would be to the gods (if they existed)
Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 22, 2021 4:13 PM

Aug 2017
how much did they adapt so far in these first 2 episodes ?
any manga readers who can answer ?
Jul 22, 2021 4:16 PM

Dec 2020
A character in anime with my name, omg, it's like a dream.

As for the show, it's looking to be...dark as hell. I'm loving the art and the contrast between it and the actual themes of the show, and such amazing VAs too!
Jul 22, 2021 4:56 PM

May 2016
Pretty interesting, this kind of show can easily go super badly especially with this kind of narrative. But it seems interesting so far.
Jul 22, 2021 5:50 PM

May 2021
As far as the premise this episode added a ton of flavour while being fun at the same time. Hope that it delivers but the art is fantastic

Jul 22, 2021 5:53 PM
Jul 2018
A lot of discussions in the episode that were very captivating is interesting the world they are in has a good world for monsters and several other kinds of species.
Jul 22, 2021 6:29 PM

May 2012
This anime is so good. Probably best anime in this season so far !!
Jul 22, 2021 7:13 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Another great episode, really glad they dropped two episodes at once this week because of how late the show started. This episode definitely sold me on this show if the first one didn’t already. Zolbe Empire being led by demons wasn’t the biggest surprise, but I like the cast they have there, General Piscalat is probably my favorite as of right now, she seemed really wicked with her expressions when she was sending the army to war lol. As I said in my first post, 100% hyped for the episodes to come, they got me hooked line and sinker!
Jul 22, 2021 7:17 PM
Jul 2018
miku is the entire reason why i started watching this show
Jul 22, 2021 8:09 PM

Nov 2012
In the first episode's thread someone mentioned this being a dark comedy series and now I'm starting to see why.

The series takes rather taboo/dark subject matters and addresses them in a mocking, sort of satirical kind of way. Some might find that inappropriate, but I think what the author is trying to do is bring focus to these subject through humor as a way to get people to think about and discuss such things. The humor definitely won't fancy everyone but you can tell he's alteast put some thought into the subjects the series brings up.

Even if said "humor" doesn't appeal to the viewer and instead cause "outrage," it'll still lead to a discussion on said topics brought up or atleast it should in theory. Might just lead to endless auguring knowing the current state of the anime community instead lol.
YorusighJul 22, 2021 8:17 PM
Jul 22, 2021 8:59 PM
May 2011
VanishingKira said:
In the first episode's thread someone mentioned this being a dark comedy series and now I'm starting to see why.

The series takes rather taboo/dark subject matters and addresses them in a mocking, sort of satirical kind of way. Some might find that inappropriate, but I think what the author is trying to do is bring focus to these subject through humor as a way to get people to think about and discuss such things. The humor definitely won't fancy everyone but you can tell he's alteast put some thought into the subjects the series brings up.

Even if said "humor" doesn't appeal to the viewer and instead cause "outrage," it'll still lead to a discussion on said topics brought up or atleast it should in theory. Might just lead to endless auguring knowing the current state of the anime community instead lol.

Well it's actually Dark Fantasy, not Comedy. It has comedic moments, but it's not meant to be an overall funny series. The scene at the end of episode 1 was meant to be disturbing not funny.
Jul 22, 2021 9:01 PM
Dec 2020
not going to lie but the scenes with Paula sound like Clannad Roaring Tides https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdk_76z38bA
Jul 22, 2021 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
frrs said:
Well it's actually Dark Fantasy, not Comedy. It has comedic moments, but it's not meant to be an overall funny series. The scene at the end of episode 1 was meant to be disturbing not funny.
ofc the scene was unpleasant, but like I stated I think the author is doing it intentionally as a means to get people to discuss things people otherwise wouldn't get to discuss or otherwise outright avoid discussing. The crudeness of the last scene from ep 1 would also lead to a discussion of that topic even if out of outrage. Is that in bad taste? Yes, but it still succeed in getting people to talking about those uncomfortable subject matters.

It kind of a roundabout way to get people talking about topics they otherwise would avoid, atleast that what I'm taking for this. It not necessarily suppose to be funny, rather it suppose to invoke a reaction (any) which in turn will lead to a discussion on said topic.
YorusighJul 22, 2021 9:17 PM
Jul 22, 2021 9:16 PM
May 2011
VanishingKira said:
frrs said:
ofc the scene was unpleasant, but like I stated I think the author is doing it intentionally as a means to get people to discuss things people otherwise wouldn't get to discuss or otherwise outright avoid discussing. The crudeness of the last scene from ep 1 would also lead to a discussion of that topic even if out of outrage. Is that in bad taste? Yes, but it still succeed in getting people to talking about those uncomfortable subject matters.

It kind of a roundabout way to get people talking about topics they otherwise would avoid, atleast that what I'm taking for this.

The scene was a bit out of place it seemed to only exist in the first episode to scare people. As it was originally taking place during Ysley's speach.
Jul 22, 2021 9:48 PM
Apr 2021
hmstr said:
there are two kinds of seinen
there is mature, adult seinen like Beserk or Vinland Saga, and there is also immature, violent and provocative seinen that make use of the higher recommended age to just show more violent violence and more extreme abuse.
Jul 22, 2021 10:17 PM
Dec 2020
theGodde said:
hmstr said:
there is mature, adult seinen like Beserk or Vinland Saga, and there is also immature, violent and provocative seinen that make use of the higher recommended age to just show more violent violence and more extreme abuse.

bro I just woke up, what are you even trying to tell me?

I wasnt talking about other shit, im talking about these episodes, like end of episode 1 just felt completely wrong placed, it would have made like 100x more sense to put it after some occurances in this episode, know what im saying? It still leaves a shitty feeling tho.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 10:22 PM
Apr 2021
hmstr said:
theGodde said:

I wasnt talking about other shit, im talking about these episodes, like end of episode 1 just felt completely wrong placed, it would have made like 100x more sense to put it after some occurances in this episode, know what im saying? It still leaves a shitty feeling tho.
it's probably just there for shock value
it might also be some setup, with a new Idaten being born specifically after her thoughts/feelings or something like that. But I honestly doubt it. This show is a lot of fun, but it's not particularly intelligent
Jul 22, 2021 10:24 PM
Dec 2020
theGodde said:
hmstr said:

it's probably just there for shock value
it might also be some setup, with a new Idaten being born specifically after her thoughts/feelings or something like that. But I honestly doubt it. This show is a lot of fun, but it's not particularly intelligent

I deffinetely won't drop it, at least not for now, I try not to drop much stuff anyway, but this isnt in the dropabble area anyway, I'll see what I think about all of it in the following weeks and stuff.
some people...
Jul 22, 2021 10:54 PM

Aug 2019
damn I remember seeing the the PV for this show and thinking it was going to be some super powers type battle shounen, well so far it is a bit dark at times but I don’t think it disturbs me too much

also I’m not sure if that ED actually happens sometime in the series, but if not then it is insanely misleading to the actual show’s theme
Jul 22, 2021 11:58 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Interesting. They fasten up the training bs explanations because they know its just a waste of time. Lul. Some concept actually looks cool honestly, like that forest analogy and elses. Lots of exposition and narration this time to explain some things, including the origin of their forms, why they were human, and their villain, a real bunch of demons. Its kinda ironic, how the shut-in Idaten acted as a supplied information rather than the survivor of the Idaten, Rin. I can't help but feels tickle with those approaching.

Okay, back to the villain. The demon lord and his retainers, i'd say. The same concept like how the deities were made out, on these case its Rin. The demon lord also created them whose got the same human form and intellectual like Hayato and the rests. Which is how the story began, in the middle of the so-called peaceful era. The new generation of Idaten must be found out about them soon, before its too late.

I can't help but feels that the oped format kinda like how jjk first cour happen. Even though the quality kinda slightly better than this. But still, that's what my first impression is. Also, its obvious that the dark humour created such a turn-off for some people, moreover by using that art style to blurry the gory and the bad shit. However, for me, its quite an experience, as how this season quite shallow with lots of nothing show.

With that being said, the show manage to make me curious. So, yeah, one more week for the next episode ....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 23, 2021 12:50 AM
Apr 2020
This show has that unapologetic immature yet adult vibe from Panty & Stocking. I like it, how many years we dont see something like that? Clearly a breath of fresh air from the samey(even tho good) animes we been getting these last few years.

it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me.
Jul 23, 2021 2:17 AM

Aug 2020
It's a thought provoking series, I give it that.

Last episode, the scene with the nun totally subverted my expectations of it being a setup for a hero entrance.
And this episode they did it yet again: Smart guys explanation of why the Idaten didn't do anything felt completely acceptable to me, but then they added a tiny detail (a glimpse of who pulls the strings), and suddenly the conclusion changed 180°.
And it's a detail that you don't ever find out if you go in with the thought "no need to do anything".

All that's left is to hope that the series also has coherent logic. Cause this far I don't see why the new demons would poke at the Idaten and risk waking them up.

Jul 23, 2021 2:23 AM

Aug 2020
talk about an exposition dump ep ....

well that completes the holy trinity of cool kyou animes airing this season .
Jul 23, 2021 4:23 PM

Sep 2018
I gotta say, this is a very entertaining start to this anime, very much invested in this.
Jul 23, 2021 4:46 PM

Mar 2010
Damn It ended too soon, I wanted to see more rapes, pillaging and guts flying around like a party. haha

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 23, 2021 8:54 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
That fast explanation was pretty interesting lol. I'm surprised that I was able to read the subtitles quick enough and I thank the monogatari series for that reading speed ability.

But I didn't have any strong feelings for the episode as a whole but it wasn't bad. I'm glad the art style is as colorful as ever though

Jul 23, 2021 11:52 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode! The exposition this episode was nice. I liked the analogies Ylsey Essly Isli or whatever used when he explained how Idatens are created and why they don't help humans unless demons are involved. That fast forwarded explanation though lmao. The show's style kind of reminds me of Kill la Kill I like it, though of course this show is darker.

Damn, so thanks to Oobami some demons got a human body and intelligence. I wonder how Oobami himself even managed to do that. That ED misleading as fuck, those women are demons, literally and figuratively lmao. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 24, 2021 12:10 AM

Dec 2016
It got more interesting.

There was a lot of helpful info dumps which made it easier to understand what's happening. But the revelation of intelligent demons was quite quick. It would've been better if they took more time to reveal that they're actually demons.

Did they not tell Rin about the Gyudo they fought and where did that Gyudo disappear? Who was Ysley talking to on the phone? Can't wait to know the answers to these questions.

Really liked Ysley's explanations about the gods. But it would be nice to see humans go extinct for real.

All those soldiers shouting out their kinks tho XD

The ED is kinda annoying.
Jul 24, 2021 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
i wonder why them Idaten doesn't intervene and involve with humans...hmmmm
5/5.

Jul 24, 2021 3:33 AM
Aug 2019
Boring exposition after boring exposition
. At least Hayato not giving a fuck about it was kinda funny. In between this we have some attempts at comedy (haha we want to rape shotas and old men haha) and serious stuff (the flashback to the nun and others) and introduced to our villain group which has a star midwife and lively chief clerk of child care?? The show has a tone problem, the switch between comedic and serious is rarely done well and it isn't even doing them well individually.
Jul 24, 2021 9:34 AM

Jul 2020
Gotta say that I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would

Anyways, things got pretty interesting in this episode, and I'm definitely excited to see what's to come of next week's episode!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2021

198 by Spartan133786 »»
Oct 7, 12:39 PM

» How to make an application for season 02

lotus_eater - May 19

7 by SlayerGoury »»
Aug 31, 6:49 PM

» For those wanting to know where to continue on the manga.

thewiru - Aug 17

3 by WaifuCognoscente »»
Aug 17, 7:44 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Sep 27, 2021

163 by Remlz_77 »»
Aug 6, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2021

69 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 1:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.