Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 28, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2016
This episode got me excited af. Seeing that Red Hair Shanks going to meet up with the strongest man in the world know as Edward Newgate or Whiteboard. Not only that seeing two more of the seven warlords brings me great interest.

For me the best part of this is finally seeing Captain Whiteboard and Blackbeards crew. Great to see Shanks again.

Set by SenpieX
Feb 10, 2017 10:52 AM

Dec 2016
Monkey D. Luffy, aka One Punch Man
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 11, 2017 1:02 PM

May 2014
Okay, I've somewhat reluctantly slugged my way through 150 episodes of OP now and not once have I contracted the hype bug.

But this episode actually had me hyped af- there was just so many things going on...makes me feel like the wheels are actually turning now and bc of his ever-growing bounty, Luffy is gonna be dragged into all this world government stuff too. It's pretty exciting...I also had no idea that Doflamingo popped up this early on!!
I like the dude already!

Oh and the Blackbeard pirates are a complete hoot- I am gonna enjoy their presence a lot...legit cannot believe those alcoholic tramps were Blackbeard pirates tho lol
Lafitte is also one interesting guy to say the least.

This ep Luffy really reminded me of Shanks somehow- I think it's the being reluctant to fight unless they're agitated thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2017 1:32 AM

Mar 2012
I forgot Blackbeard had a D in his name :o
Aug 16, 2017 3:07 AM

Jun 2009
Whew, boy. Knowing what I know about the series now it's stupidly cool how much shit this episode set up.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 2, 2018 7:47 AM

Jun 2016
Luffy's one punch on Bellamy was as satisfying as I'd hoped for. "You asked if I knew how to throw a punch?". The way he raised his bloody fist and caused Sarquiss to topple over in fear was icing on the cake. I swear Luffy has to be the scariest character in the One Piece universe when he's mad. His emotion is masterfully captured.

To get to the meat of this episode, I want to preface this by saying One Piece has never done this before! It just expanded the One Piece universe a ridiculous amount in a mere 10 minutes, introducing a group of villains and possible villains who all seem of major importance. Thinking back to every arc before it, there was one major villain and his side kicks. Luffy beats up the major villain, the crew beats up the side kicks. With this direction, it seems One Piece may break the formula a bit and go in some brand new directions.

Mihawk is excited Zoro and Luffy have grown enough to shake up the World Government.
The World Government seems to be actively against Shanks and Whitebeard meeting.
There was talk about the three powers being maintained to keep balance and to keep the world itself from being fractured.

We met Doflamingo and Kuma, Flamingo being the highest bounty we've seen so far and having the power to control peoples bodies.

We met large parts of the World Government, the most important seeming to be Sengoku who had a goat and a seagull with him.

Doflamingo was there because he was around anyways and bored, he seems like quite the little jerk. Kuma is passive, choosing to read, having calm and stiff body language, and didn't announce why he showed up. I'm interested in him. Mihawk came in to observe because he wanted to have an update on, and see what was going on with Zoro and Luffy. Lafitte, one creepy dude, is there to try and suggest his captain Blackbeard to be the next warlord. I wonder if they'll ever see if Luffy wants to become one...

We met Whitebeard and we got a sign that Shanks is finally going to be back in the series in a fairly major way. Whitebeard, the strongest man, has sexy nurses, is a giant, and has medical tubes all over his scarred body. He's interesting and has quite the presence. Shanks line to Rockstar, "Your life is more important than your pride", seemed important to Shanks mentality. I suppose he's a preacher of 'pick your battles wisely' to more than just Luffy.

We realized that Blackbeard is the drunkard that Luffy had a conversation with, I wonder if Luffy and Zoro referred to him as 'they' because they knew he has a crew with him? And that Blackbeard was actively searching for a big bountied pirate to take down so he could get into the World Government. It's notable he's yet another character with the middle name D, Marshall D Teach. This probably means he has the power of D, whatever that means, and that he'll be an important character. It's also notable that every single memorable person who wasn't with Bellamy is a part of his crew. Fighting champion, sniper, frail creepy dude, and himself.

All of this opens up so many intertwining plot lines out of nowhere. Reading some of the posts of people saying this is where it gets to its best, I'm hopeful, but to introduce so much at once which is breaking the formula that we've known for 151 episodes is a risk. So, before getting too excited I'll see where it goes.

Lastly, this episode had quite a bit of religious imagery. Kuma, who's passive and intriguing, was reading the Bible as Doflamingo controlled the others and made them fight. Mihawk has a cross necklace, and a massive cross on his back which I actually forgot was his weapon in one of these past threads. And on top of these big religious symbols being put in our face this episode, Fighting Champions name is Jesus, which could be a coincidence but paired with the others it makes it somewhat notable. I'm curious why this episode had so much compared to how in, my experience, One Piece hasn't used much of it until now.
May 21, 2018 2:21 PM

Jun 2017
What the the first half of this episode was expected the Luffy vs Bellamy but the 2nd half we met everyone that you know that will progress the story,we met the other shichibukai,340 Million? that guy was worth and we thought Luffy was worth a lot,his bounty.

Replacement for Crocodile and now they are on to Luffy you know what I mean.

And Whitebeard he is the man that brought thread to Roger,The Strongest Man in the World that's what the Title said. And we also see the Blackbeard Pirate,correct me if I'm wrong he was the same dude that talked about dream and gave Zoro and Luffy confidence about Sky Island.

You know I have to watch this Episode again. I think now the story is kicking in if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I got from this episode that we met so much Characters. Whitebeard himself,Shanks sent him a letter that which Whitebeard think it's some kind of mockery.He must be thinking I'm Whitebeard this guy must meet me face 2 face while my man is sending a letter like some mail shit.
CHECK OUT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR GREATNESS : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBB704NbCItpMA7VhSQmQg
May 21, 2018 2:47 PM
May 2018
Hay guys just wondering is there any way i can watch/read a detailed recap of one piece. I don't kinda know where to start and also don't want to read through the whole volumes after volumes and watch every full length anime (its gonna take ages) but i also don't wanna miss out on stuff so i can understand the story line better down the road.

can anyone help?
Apr 7, 2020 3:03 AM

May 2016
Luffy defeating that springy bastard with just one punch without having to rely on his Devil Fruit powers was epic! Screw that New Era shit.

While some familiar faces were shown a few episodes ago, this one had a lot of new ones and they're all in the Big Leagues! The Warlords, the men who run the World Government, Whitebeard, Shanks, and Blackbeard too. They're all awesome!

Apr 9, 2020 7:07 PM
Sep 2017
Dang, can't believe we're already gonna meet Blackbeard.
Apr 23, 2020 1:31 PM
Dec 2019
Ok, NOW things are really starting to kick into gear, huh?

Also, seeing Luffy knock out Bellamy with one punch was immensely satisfying.
Aug 4, 2020 1:46 AM
Jun 2020
this episode is amazing, so many new appearances and god damn shanks appeared after a long time, I was waiting for him. the real one piece begins now.
Sep 20, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2019
It is getting INSANE now, OMG!!!
Feb 22, 2021 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Bellamy just didn't stand a chance, who's laughing now small fry.

This episode got me all hyped up. We finally get to see some of the big guns including whitebeard and blackbeard. So that dude was blackbeard huh, I thought he's gonna be in the same league as whitebeard cause of the name but it doesn't seem like it, but maybe I'm wrong. Luffy is getting more attention now.
May 13, 2021 6:00 AM

Jun 2019
This is the point where things start to get more and more interesting.
May 27, 2021 10:59 PM
May 2021
without hesitation this episode is among my top 5 episodes so far
Jun 14, 2021 4:12 PM

Dec 2012
One of the best epic episode

Aug 8, 2021 7:09 PM

Feb 2014
God damn, so many important characters are introduced this early already, like Doflamingo, whose arc won't happen in a long time.
Aug 10, 2021 8:58 AM

Dec 2018
This episode was incredible!!!!

Feb 2, 2022 3:33 PM

Apr 2020
This shit is lit and dope, so many things happening... This was so satisfying to watch, one of the best so far.
Mar 8, 2022 7:05 PM

Dec 2012
The setup of Blackbeard's identity is so great. Episodes with all of the power players always hype me up - especially seeing Shanks again.
Mar 30, 2022 1:46 AM
Mar 2022
Okay i will not do this kind of things
May 25, 2022 12:35 PM

Jan 2021
Luffy folded Bullamy with one satisfying punch and bro that’s Blackbeard damn they made him sound like a strong tough appointment he’s tryna fight the strongest so he could get recognition and be a warlord candidate
May 30, 2022 2:02 AM

Dec 2021
Damn shit is going down!

I really wanna see a fight between WhiteBeard and Luffy some day. They are both so powerful so it would be so entertaining to see!

And BlackBeards Crew looks so badass!

This arc is looking pretty good so far.

May 30, 2022 9:50 AM
Feb 2022
Ese golpe fue uno de los momentos mas satisfactorios de One Piece hasta ahora.
Jul 17, 2022 10:53 PM

Apr 2018
Holy crud! So many amazing moments! Love that one punch from Luffy! That's what Bellamy gets. Hated his guts.

So many members from different crews :o ... this arc is going to get crazy! Ahhh! I'm excited af!
Sep 8, 2022 6:02 AM
Jun 2022
A lot of new character introduction ....loved it
Jan 1, 2023 9:15 AM
Dec 2022
Well this one also catched my attention with huge rank
Jan 18, 2023 12:09 PM
May 2019
one punch man, it was just insane bro!
Feb 15, 2023 11:14 PM

Dec 2022
Awesome, just awesome. really cool how Luffy has matured to the point where he knows not to reveal unnecessarily any of his power even in a no holds barred battle. he has already realized the art of war
Mar 11, 2023 3:39 PM

Mar 2017
Luffy taking Bellamy out with that one punch KO was so satisfying I had to rewind it. So many new characters too. Shit just got real xD
bingamu85Mar 11, 2023 9:33 PM
Apr 18, 2023 7:24 PM
Oct 2019
Oh shit Dolflamingo? I heard that name so many times on the internet, didn't know he was Warlord of the Sea.

That's a lot of new character got introduced.
Things going crazy right now.

Damn Whitebeard is huge huge.

Seeing Shanks again put a smile on my face, can't wait till them meet up with Luffy someday.

Also that guy who love Pie was Blackbeard Captain? Holy shit
May 7, 2023 3:48 PM
Oct 2022
Luffy humbled bellamy with one punch bro...
May 19, 2023 11:05 PM
May 2023
we see Whitebeard,Dofflamingo,Sengoku,Kuma and Blackbeard
Jul 6, 2023 3:00 AM
Mar 2022
İt was literally perfect there is no need to say anything else
Aug 20, 2023 11:20 AM
Jun 2023
cdool3f3f3f3fq3fw2erf23fvw3f
Aug 23, 2023 10:57 PM
May 2021
Bellamy is a loser. Luffy big flex. One Piece Peak!
Sep 26, 2023 3:20 PM

May 2019
So much going on this episode. Luffy fighting Bellamy. Monkey crew fixing the boat. Meeting of the World Government. The introduction of more warlords. New bigshot marines to remember. Shanks sending Whitebeard a letter and Whitebeard's intro. And now we know what Blackbeard and his crew look like. Sometimes the pacing in this show is so weird.
Oct 8, 2023 1:37 AM
Oct 2023
It was pretty nice
Oct 18, 2023 9:39 PM
Jul 2021
This is actually pretty dope.
Dec 3, 2023 8:27 PM
Apr 2021
best episode yet i loved it
Jan 22, 3:14 AM

Oct 2015
mannn luffy not even using his powers to beat bellamy in one punch is so badass and everything after that just made me even more excited. I fucking love this show
Mar 14, 2:32 PM

Jun 2017
i like they didn't drag the fight .
things about to get macroscale from now it seems
Apr 19, 8:41 AM

Apr 2024
Seeing an asshole character get owned with a one-hit KO from an opponent they've been underestimating the entire time was so satisfying. Also whoa, so many new character introductions back-to-back, the world is expanding in such a rapid pace, this arc has been really exciting so far.
very sleep deprived
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 94 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

63 by Bird »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 93 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

50 by Bird »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 92 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 16, 2009

48 by Bird »»
1 hour ago

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - Yesterday

22 by Yonder-chan »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kaizokuou - Oct 8, 2009

51 by Bird »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.