Forum Settings
Forums

Which anime character do you think has the biggest plot armor ever?

New
Mar 6, 2021 10:33 AM

Jul 2020

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 6, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
I guess what first comes to mind is how Kirito from SAO managed to break a video game's internal systems and cheat death through the power of love and determination. I don't think Kawahara Reki understands how a video game works.
Mar 6, 2021 10:42 AM

Jul 2019
Yami Yugi. I don't care if you are "King of Games" that bruh legit cheating and no one did anything about it, even when he doesn't he has some bs luck that isn't even possible lmao. The dude could pull Royal Straight Flush any day of the week
Mar 6, 2021 10:43 AM
Apr 2020
sousuke aizen
bleach thousand year blood war
Mar 6, 2021 10:44 AM

Jul 2020
I think it's obvious that it's Deku from MHA.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 6, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2020
Its easiliy Reiner from Attack On Titan. The plot literally made him the armored titan. Boom, plot armor.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Mar 6, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2021
Most shonen protagonists. Luffy for example.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Mar 6, 2021 10:53 AM
Jan 2021
Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index
Mar 6, 2021 10:56 AM
Feb 2021
Luffy from one piece.He charges into fight without thinking and wins. someone from straw hats shouts nakama/tomodachi and he wins due to bullshit of plot armor.
Eren from Aot.There were numerous times he should have died but survived due to plot armor.
NeckadiaMar 6, 2021 11:03 AM
Mar 6, 2021 10:59 AM
Aug 2013
Probably those gag/parody anime like one punch man
~AnimeDownUnder~

Mar 6, 2021 11:00 AM
Aug 2013
Trvshy said:

Luffy doesn't have plot armour, he has lost more than 6 times throughout the anime. I won't spoil when though but he loses a lot!
~AnimeDownUnder~

Mar 6, 2021 11:03 AM

Feb 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Trvshy said:

Luffy doesn't have plot armour, he has lost more than 6 times throughout the anime. I won't spoil when though but he loses a lot!

I know this. But what I understand plot armor means is basically not dying I guess.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Mar 6, 2021 11:04 AM

Feb 2019
Dreyar, Makarov from fairy tail has biggest plot armor.
Mar 6, 2021 11:06 AM

Oct 2020
King from one punch man ,Hands down.
Mar 6, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2019
Everyone who
Mar 6, 2021 11:08 AM
Aug 2013
Trvshy said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

I know this. But what I understand plot armor means is basically not dying I guess.

Plot armour means they basically always win because they are the main character...aka plot armour. Luffy doesn't always win and he doesn't have plot armour, Oda is a good writer he doesn't give plot armour to characters he can easily kill them off well maybe not luffy but he still lets luffy lose fights
~AnimeDownUnder~

Mar 6, 2021 11:12 AM
Jan 2020
well if you are talking about MC then almost every Protagonist has the plot armor of Max level except Code Geass(I just watched it), Death Note, and few others (which I don,t remember and some which I haven't watched yet). I like Code Geass very much it almost moved me to tears(or maybe it certainly did make my eyes wet).
Mar 6, 2021 11:13 AM

Feb 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Trvshy said:

Plot armour means they basically always win because they are the main character...aka plot armour. Luffy doesn't always win and he doesn't have plot armour, Oda is a good writer he doesn't give plot armour to characters he can easily kill them off well maybe not luffy but he still lets luffy lose fights

Plot armor can also mean a character not dying due to the story needing him or her. And that's what I was thinking of when answering. I'm not bashing Luffy, he's one of my favorite characters, but as the protagonist he can't die.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Mar 6, 2021 11:13 AM
Jan 2020
SmashBlack said:

well if you are talking about MC then almost every Protagonist has the plot armor of Max level except Code Geass(I just watched it), Death Note, and few others (which I don,t remember and some which I haven't watched yet). I like Code Geass very much it almost moved me to tears(or maybe it certainly did make my eyes wet).
Mar 6, 2021 11:15 AM
Feb 2021
AnimeDownUnder said:
Trvshy said:

He won most of the fights due to plot armor.indeed oda is the best writer.Every arc revolves going to an island.The island is ruled by bad guys.somehow the straw hats separates.Luffy defeats the main boss while the remaining straw hat defeats sidelines.Rinse and repeat.best writer
Mar 6, 2021 11:15 AM
May 2018
I can't think of anyone who is more qualified than Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail.

Mar 6, 2021 11:20 AM

Apr 2015
AnimeDownUnder said:
Trvshy said:

While not the most excessive case, Luffy does have plot armor. Such as:
GraumannMar 6, 2021 11:24 AM
Mar 6, 2021 11:32 AM
Feb 2021
Graumann said:
AnimeDownUnder said:

While not the most excessive case, Luffy does have plot armor. Such as:
That was only used for flexing.
He is one of the most plot armorred MC.
NeckadiaMar 6, 2021 11:36 AM
Mar 6, 2021 3:29 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
A lot of Fairy tail characters come to mind. I've come to accept that it's just the way it is and I don't really mind it much tbh

Apr 12, 2021 10:02 AM

Aug 2018
reiner braun, i swear to god. he just never dies.
Apr 12, 2021 2:23 PM

Aug 2014
99% of the Shounen protagonists. Most of them have so much plot armor.
Apr 12, 2021 2:28 PM
Feb 2021
Most shonen protagonists but i would mainly say naruto, goku and ichigo who power up every time for no real reason
Apr 12, 2021 2:38 PM

Jul 2017
Erza Scarlett. She quite literally has the ability to equip plot armour when it's needed. It's beautiful.

Apr 12, 2021 2:46 PM

Nov 2018
Jackow30 said:
Touma Kamijou from Toaru Majutsu no Index

The only good answer. This guy is literally too unlucky to die. It's a logic only intellectuals can understand. Because dying would free him from the painful physical and psychological hardships he's experiencing day after day ever-growing harem he's tasting day after day.
Apr 12, 2021 2:50 PM

Jan 2020
I'd say Kirito, Many writers try to hide their plot armor but in that climax of S1 it was just so blatant it was almost admirably self-aware, They just said "No" to the problem Kirito was in.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Apr 12, 2021 2:54 PM

May 2016
Heretixin said:
Everyone who
LOL.
Worst moment in Naruto. Sad because pain was my favorite character but he couldn't defeat talk no jutsu
Apr 12, 2021 2:55 PM
Sep 2020
Sadly Luffy, his plot armor ruined what could be one of the best arcs in shonen, I'm talking about Enies Lobby.

Some here confuse PLOT armor with Gary Stue, Kirito is the latter.

Apr 12, 2021 2:57 PM
Feb 2021
This isn’t “biggest” but I’ve always wondered how Dorothy from Great Pretender survived. There’s no way.
Apr 12, 2021 2:57 PM

Dec 2015
Fail Tail.
SAO.
Fushigi Yuugi has bigger plot armor then SAO.

Apr 12, 2021 3:32 PM
Mar 2021
Kirito from SAO
Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki
Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul

etc.
hi
Apr 12, 2021 10:40 PM

Sep 2020
Sword art online+code geass,Atleast CG dont take itself seriously while sao is awfully insulting in everyway
Apr 12, 2021 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
A lot of people saying shounen main characters but how many main characters do you know from other stories that die before the end? Lol its definetly a rare occurance. Main characters in general, not just shounen, have massive plot armor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2021 10:55 PM

Dec 2018
MC (Uso Ewin) and his friends from victory Gundam, these people went into enemy territories and came back unscathed in every two eps (It happened continuously for like 20-30 eps). Every time MC (who btw is a 12 yo normal boy with really good reaction time) goes into enemy territory for whatever reason, he gets captured and then escapes the next ep by kicking the ass of like 40-50 trained soldiers doing rediculous bullets dodging and gymnastics while still bound in cuffs. Also for some reason, his friends always conveniently find him whenever he has to escape and his trusted captured Mecha is always conveniently parked in the open field without any security.
Apr 12, 2021 10:59 PM

Apr 2020
Probably any character from Bleach
Apr 12, 2021 11:01 PM

Oct 2020
Levi from AoT, the dude just won't die

Apr 12, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
Erza scarlet from fairy tail has the biggest plot armor in my opinion.
Apr 12, 2021 11:19 PM

Sep 2018
Luffy and Whitebeard from One Piece have the biggest amount of plot armor I've seen.

LuffyZoro said:
A lot of people saying shounen main characters but how many main characters do you know from other stories that die before the end? Lol its definetly a rare occurance. Main characters in general, not just shounen, have massive plot armor.

Sure, but there is a slight difference... those other main characters aren't always put in extremely dangerous and life threatening situations, or, at least, not as much as shonen main characters. I mean, you don't usually expect the main character of a rom-com to die during his way to school...
Apr 12, 2021 11:22 PM
Jul 2018
Subaru from Re: Zero is literally unable to permanently die. And because of how vague, but conveniently his power works, no one he cares about actually dies.

Weeb123-4 said:

Was that pun intentional (ie since Eraz wears lots of armor)?
Apr 12, 2021 11:40 PM
Jul 2018
ViktorLocke said:
Subaru from Re: Zero is literally unable to permanently die. And because of how vague, but conveniently his power works, no one he cares about actually dies.

Weeb123-4 said:

Nope it wasn't intentional. It was just that her name was the first to come to my mind on seeing the question.
Apr 12, 2021 11:43 PM
Feb 2021
Based on I've watched

Kirito
Naruto
Sasuke
Reiner
all bnha cast

Apr 12, 2021 11:46 PM

Nov 2020
Yami Yugi

During the draw phase, he can draw any cards he want to win the duel.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Apr 13, 2021 12:01 AM
Jun 2020
the alliance in the last chapters of AOT, like bruh, you´re surrounded by 1000 inteligent titans and nobody die? seriously?
Apr 13, 2021 12:10 AM
Feb 2021
NeZeus said:
Neckadia said:
Luffy from one piece.He charges into fight without thinking and wins. someone from straw hats shouts nakama/tomodachi and he wins due to bullshit of plot armor.
Eren from Aot.There were numerous times he should have died but survived due to plot armor.

Luffy does not have plot armour. Him charging into a fight completely fits in with his bombastic personality. Luffy has also lost many times throughout the series as well, much more than what you would think. There are many recent examples of this. Every time Luffy wins it feels deserved and as if he worked for it.

If anyone from the big three has plot armour than it is definitely Ichigo Kurosaki.
Luffy could have died in the Arlong park but survived.same could be said about Enies lobby park,Same with that zombie guy(warlord).
NeZeus said:
Neckadia said:

Luffy does not have plot armour. Him charging into a fight completely fits in with his bombastic personality. Luffy has also lost many times throughout the series as well, much more than what you would think. There are many recent examples of this. Every time Luffy wins it feels deserved and as if he worked for it.

If anyone from the big three has plot armour than it is definitely Ichigo Kurosaki.
Luffy could have died in the arlong park but he survived due to plot armor.Same could be said enies lobby,sabidy archipelago and so on.He could have died in Marineford arc but survived due to plot armor.Any three of the admirals could have killed him but since he is a shounen MC he can't die.

Him charging into a fight completely fits in with his bombastic personality.
=>That's even more problematic.He charges into a fight without thinking and even wins.As you said that sometimes he loses but still survives.Thats the problem.

All three of the big three has plot armor.Nartuo has no talk justu,Ichigo after training few months defeats villains, Luffy without thinking jumps into fights and wins due to asspulls.

The only shounen I think doesn't have plot armor is Hunter×Hunter.
Apr 13, 2021 12:14 AM

Jul 2017
Rudolfpikel said:
I guess what first comes to mind is how Kirito from SAO managed to break a video game's internal systems and cheat death through the power of love and determination. I don't think Kawahara Reki understands how a video game works.

You literally stole my words, Kawahara really doesn't know how a video game works at all.
Apr 13, 2021 12:17 AM
Feb 2021
ViktorLocke said:

Weeb123-4 said:

That simp MC from Re zero has too much plot armor.A character who could return after death indeed has too much plot armor.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» underrated animes?

RealClutch - 9 hours ago

32 by Guilmon1 »»
11 minutes ago

» Is watching anime the main part of your personality?

Cammell - Aug 13

14 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago

» Are remakes of old anime being sanitized for modern audience a good thing?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

17 by JaniSIr »»
16 minutes ago

» Battle shounen being misunderstood on this website ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kenzolo-folk - Aug 12

164 by ZeroMajor12 »»
18 minutes ago

» peaceful anime

Cammell - Aug 13

42 by JaniSIr »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.