Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 28, 2016 8:47 AM

Feb 2013
Loving episode.
I liked that couple and I was afraid that their son was killed, I'm a bit relieved that he isn't dead but it was still a sad moment when he said that their son killed someone.
Jun 22, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2015
Even though this episode didn't really add that much in terms of overall development, it still held my attention the whole way through. It actually adds another touch of realism to the series, too, since it's actually showing Tenma and co in their travels rather than just showing up at their destination inbetween episodes. Them having to hitch hike makes sense given that they were thrown onto a random bus at the end of the last episode without really knowing where they were going.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 17, 2016 11:16 PM
Apr 2015
I enjoyed the overall feel of this episode. It is episodes like this that seperate this series from many others. On a related note does anyone know the name of the song that plays at around 4:35? I've been looking all over for it but cant find it even in the ost. Does it even have a name? It is very short but I enjoy it so much
Dec 3, 2016 2:33 PM

Jan 2016
personally i enjoy slow-paced shows, and i don't mind filler as long as it fleshes out the mcs. however i'm watching the sub and i can't help but find it pretty jarring when there are multilingual scenes and everything is in one language. i don't know if they did anything about this in the dub, and though i understand this is first and foremost a piece of media for a japanese audience, it's difficult for me to suspend disbelief and jut pretend they're all speaking different languages.
im apollo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ they/them pls
Dec 11, 2016 8:01 AM

May 2016
Such a slow episode it was ok 3/5 and that was really weired that car's tank filled with that small gallon I kinda figure it out that old man knew that tenma was wanted but it was a relief that he didn't told the police about him
Apr 7, 2017 10:39 AM

Jan 2017
really enjoyable episode
Jun 12, 2017 11:38 PM

May 2015
Damn, must be tough to be a former detective to have his child in prison... like this episode explained at the end he must be second guessing himself a lot... thank to heavens that he got an encounter with Tenma and cleared his mind...
Roy_FockerJun 13, 2017 10:24 PM
Jun 17, 2017 4:18 AM

Oct 2012
Nothing special happening, just like usual
Anxiety, he almost reported him I guess

Am I missing something with the ending?
"Signature removed"
Aug 1, 2017 4:38 AM

Jul 2017
the plot is moving painfully slow
Dec 24, 2017 12:42 PM

Nov 2016
My first drop. This anime just took too long to get to the point and I got bored.
Mar 27, 2018 7:37 PM

Sep 2017
This was a good filler. The animation team certainly took a lot of effort to animate each and every intricate detail,even using the car handle bar to signal the turn. I like the policeman's decision to see his son, and forgive him. I thought for a second that the castle was the same place where Nina met Tenma, but I was wrong.

And that dinner. I want to explore wine and european dishes sometime.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 9, 2018 11:53 PM

Jan 2017
>sorry we don’t speak german we’re english
>continues to speak japanese
>dieter as well

it is implied that tenma speaks english to them, yet code switches in german with dieter. another implication to be figured out by the viewerz

“Robert committed a crime, but he is not evil”
“no one desires evil”
Feb 17, 2019 1:39 PM
Apr 2016
Another thrilling episode! Great old lady & old man, they were nice, that ending was so adorable.
Mar 15, 2019 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
Maz said:
Even though this episode didn't really add that much in terms of overall development, it still held my attention the whole way through. It actually adds another touch of realism to the series, too, since it's actually showing Tenma and co in their travels rather than just showing up at their destination inbetween episodes. Them having to hitch hike makes sense given that they were thrown onto a random bus at the end of the last episode without really knowing where they were going.

I know I'm responding a bit late, but now that you mention it, it does NOT make sense. If I recall correctly, Tenma was seated on the bus alone, having only a ticket for himself; Dieter must have been waiting for him somewhere in the city, and since neither of them could possibly expect the bus thing, I'm not really sure how they managed to find each other again. It's quite possible Tenma had to hike back and collect Dieter from the befriended psychologist, or perhaps the psychologist had to take Dieter to Tenma (and both the options must have been very risky 'cause the police and the fact the psychologist basically helped Tenma to escape, which I think would raise the police's suspicion of the psychologist + I'm not even sure Dieter and the psychologist knew about each other, unless Tenma uttered something to Dieter while waiting for the second meeting).
Jul 20, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
Lovely episode, as with the last two. This show is "sonder" in action. Every character has their own story, yet it feels like everything contributes to the whole. The episodic/slice-of-life nature contrasts beautifully with the main story and everything comes together nicely.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 29, 2019 10:03 AM
Jul 2013
Metty said:
Error Spotted

Two gallon tank of Gas cannot fill a car up yet the meter said full.

That, and no one was wearing seatbelts. What's wrong with you people?
Oct 20, 2019 5:04 PM

Jan 2016
Tenma: *speaks Japanese*
Elderly couple: Oh, sorry, we don't speak German! Only English.
Tenma: *speaks Japanese*
Elderly couple: Oh my god, this man speaks English too! Thank you so much!
Oct 26, 2019 10:01 AM

Dec 2018
My guess is that Robert is Johan...
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 12, 2020 6:53 AM

Jan 2019
Meaningful filler, I love it. Plot doesn't really advance, but really awesome to see more morals developed.
May 10, 2020 8:37 PM
Apr 2020
I love how I can’t tell when Tenma is talking in German or English with the tourists because it’s in Japanese. He’s trilingual?
May 28, 2020 6:24 PM

Nov 2017
Dang, Dr. Tenma can speak English too? Haha, I'm a bit jelly 'cause I can only speak English and Japanese, but German is one of the languages I want to be fluent in.

Sheesh, Dr. Tenma is constantly put in stressful situations, but manages to get to the end and see the light! That old man saw his wanted picture at the police station and was like, "Naw, I'm not turning him in 'cause I have a strong feeling he's innocent"

Alrighty, like, I know the viewer already knows Dr. Tenma is innocent, but the old man doesn't know for a fact. Not everyone in his position would've done the same thing
Sep 9, 2020 4:34 AM

Jun 2020
This was more of a filler episode but it really shows that there's no way Tenma is guilty, morals are greatly developed as well.
Oct 1, 2020 4:27 AM

Dec 2007
i loved the point of those episodes for showing that tenma is not bad person and people can see it, but this episode was kinda slow, except for the police scene i were actually bored.

i still wonder though what make tenma going to the places and how he knows he needs to go there.
Nov 1, 2020 11:46 PM

Aug 2018
20 episodes in and this show still hasn’t dissapointed me the slightest. I wouldn’t have expected at all that their son Robert is in prison for murder I guess the end of episode shows that they aren’t living the best time of their lives even after retirement. It’s really great too that Tenma uses his acts of kindness as kind of proof that he can’t be a serial killer.

Very nice filler episode that I really can’t seem to dislike at all.
Jan 19, 2021 3:42 PM

Feb 2020

I think they just draw old people pretty similarly
Feb 17, 2021 9:56 PM

Jun 2020
Is Robert Johan? Or are they completely unrelated
May 23, 2021 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
Damn the old man figured it out, but didn't turn him in. I was waiting for the shoe to drop, you can't just have a nice country drive without some drama in this show.
Jun 17, 2021 5:09 PM

Jan 2020
I loved this one. It's nice seeing some positivity for once but wow, I shouldn't be surprised since he's a former cop and all but that was surprising when he casually mentioned that tenma is wanted at the end.

But I smiled when he said that tenma is innocent. Super awesome little episode overall. 5/5

Jun 17, 2021 6:12 PM

Jul 2020
nothing's about Johan for this ep. but overall it is still good and enjoyable. I love how the man trusted Tenma
Jun 30, 2021 9:23 AM

Jan 2021
a Filler?!
I still liked it!!
Jul 1, 2021 11:13 AM

Mar 2021
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
Yonatay said:
Walking all that way, he's seriously too nice for his own good :)

Yet his "niceness" makes him a great contrast to the morally lacking characters in the story.

Yes, its like he is deliberately trying to neutralize the badness with his and only his actions.
Sep 6, 2021 1:43 AM

Mar 2021
aaaa most boring episode so far
Oct 12, 2021 6:56 AM

Jul 2015
Even though its kind of a filler episode, still felt emotional to me with the old guy wanting once again, after the son became a murderer, trusting his intuition and see if his son Robert is evil

Oct 16, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2021
I don't know will anyone read this in 2021 , but how can England man who doesn't know German can be cop (he was English cop I guess them)
Oct 20, 2021 4:05 PM
Sep 2015
pometlo said:
Maz said:

I know I'm responding a bit late, but now that you mention it, it does NOT make sense. If I recall correctly, Tenma was seated on the bus alone, having only a ticket for himself; Dieter must have been waiting for him somewhere in the city, and since neither of them could possibly expect the bus thing, I'm not really sure how they managed to find each other again. It's quite possible Tenma had to hike back and collect Dieter from the befriended psychologist, or perhaps the psychologist had to take Dieter to Tenma (and both the options must have been very risky 'cause the police and the fact the psychologist basically helped Tenma to escape, which I think would raise the police's suspicion of the psychologist + I'm not even sure Dieter and the psychologist knew about each other, unless Tenma uttered something to Dieter while waiting for the second meeting).

Absolutely agreed with this reply, I do feel that this one was a plot hole that never got explained.
Nov 2, 2021 10:23 AM
Nov 2021
this is my first time watching this anime and this is honestly one of my favorite episodes so far, it was 20 minutes where basically nothing happens and yet this was one of the episodes that held my attention the best. There's no big reveals but the more you find out about the British family the more you realize why it matters that Tenma went to such lengths to help them, and that's pretty much it, there's no big psychological impact on the plot or the characters, but its a simple, enjoyable episode that I won't be forgetting any time soon.
Nov 28, 2021 9:24 AM
Nov 2020
I love all the side characters in this anime so much. They all feel so human-y and genuine even though they get such little screen time.
Dec 5, 2021 10:20 PM

Aug 2020
More of a chill episode.

I thought Robert had died, but I guessed wrong.

A lot of people see the good in Tenma and not ratting him out.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Feb 15, 2022 11:56 PM
Nov 2014
One of my favorite moments from the manga, even if it doesn't further the plot much. The husband's casual admission that he used to be a policeman during the car ride hit a bit harder in the manga due to the lack of music allowing for a bit more suspense, but the other 99% of it was so beautifully adapted. Really enjoyed revisiting this here.
Mar 1, 2022 10:03 AM

Feb 2021
5/5 episode but this episode this episode looked like yet another filler.
Mar 9, 2022 8:28 PM

Jun 2020
what a beautiful episode, has got to be my favorite so far. i personally love these "fillers", love seeing minor characters share their thoughts about our protag, its validating in a sense.
Apr 26, 2022 4:19 PM

Mar 2020
Aw hell naw. Ain't no way Britoids are in my Asian cartoons set in Germany 🤢🤢🤢🤢
May 7, 2022 9:07 AM

Feb 2021
I'll be honest and say I fell asleep
Jun 29, 2022 1:30 PM
May 2022
This episode was so chill and calm... Also love the messagge, what's wrong and what's right? kind persons can do bad things but that doesn't mean they're actually bad persons... Fck I love this anime I swear <3
Aug 26, 2022 1:03 PM

Jan 2022
Every person they meet has their own problems and aspects that bring them to life, they achieved something most present anime cannot even come close to.
Aug 29, 2022 6:55 AM
Nov 2020
a little bit of slice of life in the series
Nov 28, 2022 9:00 PM

Dec 2019
So tense, this atmosphere kinda hit me hard since I live in Denmark and it can be so isolated and lonely.
Jan 10, 2023 7:15 AM
May 2020
definitely a powerful episode. he may be a criminal but he isn't a bad person
Jan 11, 2023 1:59 PM
Oct 2019
Just a very beautiful episode.
The english couple were so nice. Now I'm very curious about who Roberto really is.
Mar 14, 2023 8:09 PM

Jul 2022
Incredible these last 2 episodes
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 29 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 9, 2008

195 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 8, 2008

107 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

154 by brightdeadthings »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 7, 2008

109 by dkharanime »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Monster Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

196 by dkharanime »»
Today, 1:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.