Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 5, 2020 5:15 AM
Jan 2018
They got the time stop wrong , it's 10th tier not 11 tier,

Feb 5, 2020 5:21 AM

Sep 2007
Chanbara said:
vanetz said:

Wait WHAT is that the actual canon? Holy crap that's dark... makes sense in-universe, though.

That is why Ainz is surprised when he sees the clear sky for the first time, his real world is horrible.

Thanks, I'm mostly familiar with the anime so now it makes a lot more sense. No wonder he's not very keen to go back.
Feb 5, 2020 8:02 AM
Sep 2017
redwhitenblue said:
Christiany00 said:
Just asking coz I kind of forgot but why is Subaru able to move ? Is it connected to the strange hands that appear when he says he can revive ? Please no spoil on LN I plan to read it some time later/watch season 2

Btw it's kind of funny that Ainz acknowledged Aqua as a goddess when even Kazuma doesn't consider her as one

You say no spoil, but it's from the very beginning and a necessary plot device of Re:Zero: Subaru has the power to go back in time, so still being able to move when time is stopped isn't a far fetch.

If you had seen KonoSuba you would know that Kazuma does consider Aqua a goddess as she is the one that resurrected him to another world when he died. He goes around saying she isn't one just to spite her.

I know that Kazuma was resurrected by Aqua but the way he treats her like a burden and says she is useless is like he doesn't consider her as a goddess anymore.
Feb 5, 2020 9:47 AM

Aug 2018
I don't know if there had a change of director of something but this was legit the best episode of the series.

Great use of multipe characters, quick and funny exchanges between the cast, some hints about the lore of some series and an amazing comedic timing (when Subaru suddenly talks during time stop or Kazuma's lines when he realized the pencil)

The last joke is both completely unexpected but completely coherent with Pandora's Actor, loved it.
Feb 5, 2020 9:57 AM

Jul 2016
It's only Ep. 4 and I don't remember Aqua being this bullied in last season xD

Really funny episode overall. Easily the best one in this so far mediocre second season. Hope it can only improve from now on.
Feb 5, 2020 10:27 AM

Feb 2018
Subaru, my boy, bringing the plot back! I bet he died at the end of the last season and is doing it all over again, like always.

Nunbo_Arbur said:
I liked the episode. I thought it was funny when Aqua got caught cheating twice. I understand why Tanya, Subaru, and Aqua were able to move with no problem during his Time Stop; but why couldn't Kazuma move? I thought he was in the same boat as Tanya and Ainz. Could someone explain why he couldn't move? Also, I liked how Megumin was supportive and saying that Kazuma would pass the test.

well, Ainz activated the magic, Tanya often talks to Being X with time stopped, Subaru surprised me but he does have a cheat ability related to time, but Kazuma, he really is just a ordinary adventure, we are at volume 16 and he still doesn't have a cheat ability/weapon, aside from being rich of course and the legendary Chunchunmaru. On that note and spoilers for Konosuba
Feb 5, 2020 8:44 PM
Mar 2015
Cute answer sheet So many OP characters not subject to time stop
Feb 5, 2020 9:21 PM

Dec 2015
Primo_Itoko said:
Subaru, my boy, bringing the plot back! I bet he died at the end of the last season and is doing it all over again, like always.

Nunbo_Arbur said:
I liked the episode. I thought it was funny when Aqua got caught cheating twice. I understand why Tanya, Subaru, and Aqua were able to move with no problem during his Time Stop; but why couldn't Kazuma move? I thought he was in the same boat as Tanya and Ainz. Could someone explain why he couldn't move? Also, I liked how Megumin was supportive and saying that Kazuma would pass the test.

well, Ainz activated the magic, Tanya often talks to Being X with time stopped, Subaru surprised me but he does have a cheat ability related to time, but Kazuma, he really is just a ordinary adventure, we are at volume 16 and he still doesn't have a cheat ability/weapon, aside from being rich of course and the legendary Chunchunmaru. On that note and spoilers for Konosuba

Thanks for replying. I thought because Kazuma was from another world like Tanya (being reborn to a new world) and Ainz (I haven't seen Overlord, but I'm guessing he was a gamer who got transported into the game) he wouldn't be affected. I guess it does make sense because Ainz is the one that cast the spell, Tanya has Being X and Subaru has his curse as you said is related to time.

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm glad she will be supportive. Hopefully, she can do more than 1 giant explosion in season 3... Hopefully.
Feb 6, 2020 1:23 AM
Jun 2017
love this episode... and on how they can fare on the said test... and ainz used a level 11 magic to stop magic. but well tanya, aqua and even subaru are immune to such high magic spell.. hahaha

Feb 6, 2020 2:09 AM

Mar 2010
A overlord focused episode I been waiting for!! Funny episode lol. Now there is more people to misunderstand Ainz Sama
Feb 6, 2020 10:44 AM

Feb 2018
Nunbo_Arbur said:
Primo_Itoko said:

Thanks for replying. I thought because Kazuma was from another world like Tanya (being reborn to a new world) and Ainz (I haven't seen Overlord, but I'm guessing he was a gamer who got transported into the game) he wouldn't be affected. I guess it does make sense because Ainz is the one that cast the spell, Tanya has Being X and Subaru has his curse as you said is related to time.

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm glad she will be supportive. Hopefully, she can do more than 1 giant explosion in season 3... Hopefully.

Ainz got incarnated into his game character who is an op maxed level necromancer lich and has a couple of powerfull time related spells. Truly a bone daddy.

Megumin? More than one explosion a day!?!??!? Hahahahaha it wouldn't even be the same character anymore! yeah it would be epic if that happened, but don't get your hopes up
Feb 6, 2020 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
wow! Ainz's Level 11 Time Stop high level spell is not taking effect against Aqua, Tanya & Subaru! that was surprising!
LOL at Kazuma got pranked by 2 enpitsu inside his nostrils! hahah!
5/5.

Feb 7, 2020 12:52 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao RIP Aqua and damn Ainz totally got lucky.
Feb 7, 2020 6:05 AM
Nov 2019
That was funny episode LOL. You cant make an school anime without some test episode.

Next! Petelguese is coming!!!
Feb 8, 2020 3:20 AM

Aug 2016
That test and time stop was actually funny as hell. Also "competition" between Aqua, who think's she is intelligent and Ainz about everybody thinks he is intelligent, but apparently he didn't even finish middle school, that explains a lot about Overlord to me xD.

And oh yes, Pandora's test final answers are Pandora's actor.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2020 3:46 AM

Jan 2019
Best episode so far in this season, I LOVED IT
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Feb 9, 2020 9:05 AM

Aug 2017

Perfect combination between comedy and use of characters in the test scene. Very funny.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 13, 2020 11:31 AM

May 2018
Poor aqua and her minus infinity INT stat
Feb 13, 2020 4:04 PM

Mar 2010
The episode was pretty much perfect, we heard from out glorious megumin being sarcastic and ofc Emilia being really cute. Ainz and Tanya's chemistry and little expectations of one another. And seeing aqua suffer and all the mains have their own abilities be revealed. The test itself proved to be very humorous since it made everyone worry. It even made me chuckle how it ended with the picture ROFL best episode of the season.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 15, 2020 9:49 AM

Nov 2016
this episode is probably by far my favourite out of season 1 and 2. aqua is such a troll, i wonder how theyll 1 up it. previous ep was nice too since konosuba got the spotlight.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Feb 24, 2020 9:24 AM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
7/10
Mar 26, 2020 8:58 AM

Dec 2019
These episodes are so short im kinda sad, lmao Ains did Aqua dirty there xD
                                                         🖤   

Jul 29, 2020 7:47 PM
May 2020
This show is actually funny. How silly is everyone acting, it's just very comic.

Also it's me or Aqua is carrying it? That bitch is a dumb cute crybaby
Oct 3, 2020 6:23 AM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
So, Subaru recalls a situation where he has studied besides 2 girls before? Hmmm, is this some kind of foreshadowing or am I just forgetting something? Welp ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Out of the 4 MCs, In terms of PURELY academic capabilities, Tanya is the smartest followed by Kazuma, Subaru and finally Ainz at last place. Tanya being a smart person before and after her reincarnation, Kazuma being mostly inactive student due to being lazy, Subaru being a totally inactive student due to his insecurities and finally Ainz due to being poor and not having the money to be educated beyond middle school. I wonder what he does in his job, a salaryman of what kind? I can only imagine.

Welp, Ainz have his time stop to cheat but he ended up putting disqualifying Aqua instead. The real TRUE POWER that Ainz has is his ungodly ability to bullshit through all situation. In the end, he probably got 100% score! (Sasuga Ainz-Sama!)

It's no surprise that Tanya, Subaru and Aqua are immune though due to their highly unique background.

Jan 18, 2021 8:01 PM
Oct 2017
LOL

Pandora's Actor wrote the test so he made his face the answers... And Ainz guessed it all lol.

I'm really considering watching Overlord now just because this is hilarious. (And the other three of course.)

As usual (what I think is usual), Demiurge and the rest of the Overlord cast praise Ains for being awesome, even though Ains is internally going "ahahahaha. iahdfas;dsflk;adfjljk;a i have no idea what's going on lol"
Jan 22, 2021 2:25 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty funny episode. My Aqua got caught cheating. Poor Aqua.
Feb 7, 2022 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Funny how Ainz wondered why Subaru was able to move, guess that's finally something positive about him being cursed by a witch haha
Oct 12, 2023 6:23 PM
Aug 2023
アニメも良いしストーリーも良い
Dec 5, 2023 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Surprise test held by the surprisor
Oct 4, 11:12 PM

May 2015
Another excellent move by Ainz. Sasuga Ainz Sama!!!

It was pretty funny how they used the common time pause scenario of each Isekai to justify why they could move during Ainz's time stop.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

99 by Magicmist »»
Oct 11, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

77 by Magicmist »»
Oct 11, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

59 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2020

39 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2020

53 by Magicmist »»
Oct 10, 1:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.