Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 4, 2020 7:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, a surprise test. I guess anything can happen at school even with all these goofballs in it.

Poor Ainz, seems he was totally unprepared lol
Feb 4, 2020 8:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The test was so funny xD I knew Aqua would be caught cheating
Feb 4, 2020 9:11 AM

Jun 2012
A test! Now that's more like a school event.

And seriously, Aqua is just carrying this season so far. I'd love to give some credits to Tanya in this episode as well, her view of only black and white and exaggerate on it is always funny too.
Feb 4, 2020 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
It was ok, but it doesn’t have the charm of last season. Where’s the Shield Hero crew? It would be pretty funny if they were already gone.
Feb 4, 2020 9:23 AM
Sep 2017
Just asking coz I kind of forgot but why is Subaru able to move ? Is it connected to the strange hands that appear when he says he can revive ? Please no spoil on LN I plan to read it some time later/watch season 2

Btw it's kind of funny that Ainz acknowledged Aqua as a goddess when even Kazuma doesn't consider her as one
Feb 4, 2020 9:30 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, this was a Great episode!

It's not school without exams, right? And expectations... Condolences Ainz-dono xD. But hey, things somehow just about worked out for him so that's a relief for now. Lmfao, the pattern though, I hope my exam board would do the same too.

Aqua really set up the death flag from the very start, meanwhile. Much like the usual indeed, lol. And then busted! Who else than the useless goddess herself, good lord. I could tell Subaru would be used to this (as in scamper and pretend all's good y'know), but who would've Tanya too?

Didn't expect Tanya and Subaru to be unaffected by the "tenth-tier magic" though. Seems like they've had their fair share of trouble to become immune to that xD. Subaru's condition is still unknown to Ainz, and that's no surprise. I wonder how long they'll keep this up.

Interesting duo between the two thieves of the two different shows. But Kazuma the MVP - stealing panties, now that sure brings back so much memories, lmao.

I see they're staying true to the Isekai QUARTET barring the first episode still. Well, I'm not complaining though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 4, 2020 9:34 AM

May 2017
This episode was amazing. It's was soooo satisfying to see Aqua getting caught cheating,she deserves it. I can understand why Aqua and Tanya weren't frozen by Momonga's spell,but Subaru? I have no idea why him having curse is that powerful,but oh,whatever. I am hoping to see more of Raphtalia and Filo,they are soooo cuteee :) I wonder will Naofumi open up to his classmates and become friends with my favorite characters.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Feb 4, 2020 9:38 AM
Aug 2018
Lol Hahaha

Tanya had godlike power give by Mr X god that why she no effect by Ainz time stop tier magic level 10

Aqua is Goddess of water she can any undo curse and undo any power but depend of power there limit of it that why she counter ainz time stop and she very weak in fight

Subaru had Witch of Sin Authority Nigh Omnipotence Satella inside his body always protect him that why time stop of ainz no effect of him plus every time Subaru die that Satella her power growing up i mean level up
yuuma_kugaFeb 4, 2020 9:45 AM
Feb 4, 2020 9:54 AM

Jul 2019
Aqua is getting crushed this season, but bth the other 2 reacted just fine after the spell was undone. Getting caught kinda was entirely her fault.
Feb 4, 2020 10:20 AM

Aug 2018
Controlling time is honestly the power I'd desire the most, it's so powerful (until you find someone immune to)
OtorezFeb 4, 2020 4:01 PM
Feb 4, 2020 10:35 AM
Apr 2019
Of course Aqua would be caught cheating very nice episode.
Feb 4, 2020 10:42 AM
Apr 2019
Best episode so far
Feb 4, 2020 10:45 AM

Mar 2013
That post-credits scene, though XD
Sasuga, Ainz-sama.
Feb 4, 2020 11:14 AM

Sep 2014
If god himself tried to create something perfect it still wouldnt come close to this gem.

The best thing is probably how they throw in little hints from the originals. This is superb.

Aqua once again confirmed to be OP but too stupid.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 4, 2020 11:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A test event huh. Ain's retainers reactions to the test though sure was amusing. Only Aqua can see Ain's query as a challenge though lol. As ever the result was as expected. Puck though sure has it easy in this world. Its nice to see Felt and Chris again. Funny how time stop worked on anyone but Aqua though. Guess those that were affected by gods developed an immunity to their powers. The results of the test though was quite surprising considering Ain's fear during it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2020 11:23 AM
Jun 2007
Finally, an actually good and funny episode in this season. I was beginning to worry this show has lost its charm from last season, but my faith was restored with this :)

Curious about Subaru's comment on studying with both Rem and Emilia (I should definitely take advantage of the director's cut to re-watch the first season in time for the upcoming new season), or why Subaru's curse allows him to move in frozen time (I'm assuming it's either because the nature of the curse relates to time, or something we'll find out in season 2).
Feb 4, 2020 11:27 AM
Apr 2015
WaifuMaster17 said:
,but Subaru? I have no idea why him having curse is that powerful,but oh,whatever.

Although Rezero's cast and world aren't as strong as the others in the show, Rezero's world got some of the most broken over powered villians that can probably counter even the great Ainz, and the witch is the second most OP character in Rezero that not only the curse itself is OP, everytime he dies or talks about the curse, the curse and the witch powers through Subaru gets stronger.

Feb 4, 2020 11:38 AM

May 2018
WTF Ains never graduated middle school in his real life?????

Well Ains time freeze doesn't work on Tanya, aqua and subaru, too bad Aqua git caught.....
Feb 4, 2020 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Funniest episode of this second season by some distance, but it raises several questions about Subaru and Beatrice, not least the implication that they've all been there a lot longer than they realise; and it again seems to hint that there's some kind of connection between Subaru's abilities and Beatrice (something which Re:Zero S2 will hopefully get a chance to expand upon).

Also, it really is interesting how much faster-paced this season is compared to S1, which seemed to really take its time (particularly in its first half).
Feb 4, 2020 12:15 PM

Feb 2014
Every time more surprises rout Ainz-sama. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 4, 2020 12:41 PM

Aug 2013
It all worked out well for Ainz. XD

And Aqua getting caught was just hilarious.

Feb 4, 2020 12:53 PM

Jun 2019
ZA WARUDO!!
TOKI WO TOMARE!!

I badly want this skill at my final test in school 😂

And Shield Hero didn't appear again. So the "quartet" at the tittle really only showing about 4 isekai shows.
Feb 4, 2020 1:34 PM

Sep 2007
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Yeah that caught me off-guard too, wasn't he like a 30-something salaryman IRL before he got isekai'd?
Feb 4, 2020 1:57 PM

Oct 2019
Ainz got perfect score because he notice Pandora Actor head pattern. lol
andrearionaFeb 4, 2020 2:01 PM
Feb 4, 2020 2:11 PM

Oct 2017
vanetz said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Yeah that caught me off-guard too, wasn't he like a 30-something salaryman IRL before he got isekai'd?

Wasn't it Tanya?
I never watched Overlord though, so maybe both :P
Feb 4, 2020 2:19 PM

Feb 2017
RainyShadow said:
vanetz said:

Wasn't it Tanya?
I never watched Overlord though, so maybe both :P

Both of them were that
Feb 4, 2020 2:20 PM
Sep 2018
vanetz said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Man that line caught me off guard, and kinda had me feeling sad for a sec.

But basically, ainz's real world was pretty much a dystopia and some people have it real rough. Ainz never finished his education before he had to throw himself into the workforce as his mother died from overwork. Demi's creator was also in the same kind of condition with his parents dying at work iirc, which kinda contributed to his 'pursuing evil' personality which rubbed off on demi.

Like the world even had toxic air, and it wasn't uncommon to see orphan corpses on the street. It was not a pleasant world.
Feb 4, 2020 2:28 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, that's Ainz for ya. But please, give Aqua a break:/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 4, 2020 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
This was a great episode, back to what I loved previous season. Typically something for Ainz XD Aqua getting busted for cheating while Ainz cast the spell. Poor Aqua, things have only been unfortunate for her so far this season!
Feb 4, 2020 2:52 PM
Feb 4, 2020 2:53 PM

Nov 2017
Timee Stopeee. And the fun begins =D

plz @ me
Feb 4, 2020 2:58 PM

Sep 2007
dragonsoldier77 said:
vanetz said:

But basically, ainz's real world was pretty much a dystopia and some people have it real rough. Ainz never finished his education before he had to throw himself into the workforce as his mother died from overwork. Demi's creator was also in the same kind of condition with his parents dying at work iirc, which kinda contributed to his 'pursuing evil' personality which rubbed off on demi.

Like the world even had toxic air, and it wasn't uncommon to see orphan corpses on the street. It was not a pleasant world.

Wait WHAT is that the actual canon? Holy crap that's dark... makes sense in-universe, though.
Feb 4, 2020 3:05 PM
Sep 2018
vanetz said:
dragonsoldier77 said:

Wait WHAT is that the actual canon? Holy crap that's dark... makes sense in-universe, though.

Yeah. It's not in the main story aside from some small hints and mentions that people would miss, but we get a much better picture of it in the side story of the guild's first creation.

It was super fucked up because ainz even recalled how his mother died in the kitchen while trying to make his favorite dish even after being overworked.
Feb 4, 2020 3:16 PM

Jul 2017
A test in class...that's an uncontested thing in another world!

And out of everyone, I'm quite surprised that Ains would be the worrywart, and Aqua being challenged is funnily good. With that, everyone is diligently studying to avoid failing.

And...Ains revealed his Time Stop skill, but then Tanya, Aqua and Subaru are immune to it which are LOLZ. Aqua getting the boot in the end is just funny and Ains, his MCQ sheet becoming something of a face-job joke.

Genuinely funny episode, finally a good one.
Feb 4, 2020 3:23 PM

Jan 2020
Lol Pandora Actor's face is the answer
Feb 4, 2020 3:28 PM

Jul 2017
Ah whenever Ainz has a part it's always gonna be hilarious, the misunderstandings with him and his subordinates never ceases to amuse me lolol
Feb 4, 2020 3:39 PM

Apr 2012
What I love about Overlord and Ainz specifically is that he's constantly trying to con his way around whenever he's put on the spot. Sasuga, Ainz-sama!! 😎
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 4, 2020 3:57 PM
Nov 2016
Christiany00 said:
Just asking coz I kind of forgot but why is Subaru able to move ? Is it connected to the strange hands that appear when he says he can revive ? Please no spoil on LN I plan to read it some time later/watch season 2

Btw it's kind of funny that Ainz acknowledged Aqua as a goddess when even Kazuma doesn't consider her as one

You say no spoil, but it's from the very beginning and a necessary plot device of Re:Zero: Subaru has the power to go back in time, so still being able to move when time is stopped isn't a far fetch.

If you had seen KonoSuba you would know that Kazuma does consider Aqua a goddess as she is the one that resurrected him to another world when he died. He goes around saying she isn't one just to spite her.
Feb 4, 2020 5:19 PM

Feb 2015
Those tests look like scantrons, and I'm pretty sure they don't work like that. It's only suppose to be one bubble per row. Still funny though. That aside, this episode exemplifies why the main four series are perfect together and this anime doesn't need other series shoehorned in. Definitely the best episode of those currently out.
Feb 4, 2020 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
Ainz-sama ACED the test of course!

SASUGA AINZ SAMA!
Feb 4, 2020 6:32 PM

Dec 2014
Hilarious episode with Ainz and the time stopping magic. Ainz finally realized that he's no longer the only OP character around. xD

That post credits, Sasuga Ainz-sama! xD
Unintentional plays!
Feb 4, 2020 6:51 PM
Mar 2017
An episode focused on the most alarming event in a school, exams.
I laughed too much with this group, I was surprised that Ainz was the most worried, I always saw him as someone of average intelligence, able to have a decent grade.
Aqua immediately knew that it would be torture to have Tanya as a teacher so she declined her help respectfully.

It was no big surprise that Chris and Felt became friends, they have the same air and their vocation as thieves makes them close, but I laughed too much when Kazuma reminded us of the glorious moment in which he stole Chris's panties

Already knowing how desperate Ainz was for the exam, added to the stupid bet with Aqua, I assumed that Ainz would use some magic for his convenience and when he stopped the time I already thought that the result would be more than obvious, but when I saw that Aqua had not been affected, I started laughing non-stop and this did not stop then Tanya and Subaru joined the party too, Ainz discovered that these three classmate are at the same level of the king of the tomb of Nazarick

In the end Aqua takes the worst part (as always) and Ainz passes the exam with luck, since Pandora's actor was the one who wrote the exam for the class.

In the end, three things from this episode can be rescued, Aqua is still the stupid goddess everyone loves, Ainz's intimidation doesn't work on stupid goddesses and finally Ainz has three classmates that he should keep an eye on.
Feb 4, 2020 8:32 PM

Mar 2019
Best Episode so far....

NEED MORE OF BEATRICE!!!

Nice fewlt seconds.... got it... k just bad.... Felt*

Always Aqua, the Jester of the series... hilarious.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 4, 2020 9:40 PM

Mar 2014
Tanya being immune to time stop makes a lot of sense since Being X stops time quite a lot to talk to him/her.

The answers to the test though... oh man lmao.

They hinted at something again with Beatrice, how she noticed Subaru trying to remember how long they'd been trapped in that school.
Feb 4, 2020 9:41 PM

Dec 2015
I liked the episode. I thought it was funny when Aqua got caught cheating twice. I understand why Tanya, Subaru, and Aqua were able to move with no problem during his Time Stop; but why couldn't Kazuma move? I thought he was in the same boat as Tanya and Ainz. Could someone explain why he couldn't move? Also, I liked how Megumin was supportive and saying that Kazuma would pass the test.
Feb 4, 2020 11:19 PM

Oct 2011
I guess filling out the correct answers results in point art of Ains' face so getting full points would be easy

Feb 5, 2020 1:22 AM
Oct 2017
Introduce pope of the ainz church soon
AINZ IS JUSTICE
Gotta love the being X memes tho, Tanya just needs to make fun of commies next only for ainz to make a joke about some war that completely destroyed the functioning sci-fi society he lived in only for kazuma to make a really sad remark about shut-ins.
This will be done.
Feb 5, 2020 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
I knew it the test answers are being related to pandora act or him himself
Cant stop laughing at Aqua 😂😂😂😂😂😂 also putting pencils in kazuma's nose
My fav ep as of now showing that even tanya and subaru can move even if time stops
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Feb 5, 2020 2:25 AM

Oct 2019
It make me confused when Subaru tell that he miss the time when they study together. Did he die in school or what :\

Also, it is always funny to see how Nazarick Guardians praise Ainz's accomplishment, although its a pure luck lol XD
Feb 5, 2020 4:41 AM

Oct 2017
vanetz said:
dragonsoldier77 said:

That is why Ainz is surprised when he sees the clear sky for the first time, his real world is horrible.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Season 3?

RealityChanges - Mar 14

5 by 2dbest »»
Mar 19, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

98 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

76 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

58 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet 2 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2020

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.