Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2020 6:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yumemi should take school more seriously. Poor Kokomi on getting made fun of by a kid.

At least Yumemi made a new friend so she's not lonely.
Jan 30, 2020 7:07 AM

Feb 2017
The animation in this episode was sooo bad it made it hard to even finish it.
Jan 30, 2020 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
Yumemi not going to school for various reasons, like being too easy. At least the bullying part was solved in this episode.

Makoto has a good relationship with Yumemi and it was funny seeing Hatena getting jealous because of it.

Jan 30, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2019
for all the anime that portray kids that are living with no parental supervision, at least this one seems to show kids that are not well adjusted living on their own.

Otherwise, the show just seems to be spinning its wheels.
Jan 30, 2020 7:54 AM
Nov 2017
Maerchen Maedchen part deux? Has production become the trainwreck that made its predecessor legendary for all the wrong reasons?
Jan 30, 2020 7:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good and heartwarming episode, Makoto was really cool with Yumemi and Hatena, I really like Yumemi now, maybe better than Hatena ? They're both great
Jan 30, 2020 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
makoto is closer to yumemi than hatena
Jan 30, 2020 10:06 AM

Oct 2017
A big ouch for Makoto, there goes his hopes and dreams of learning magic tricks.

This epi was sweet, Yumemi is a really nice and cute girl. I really like her. Glad her problem was solved.
Jan 30, 2020 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
The animation didn't bother me here as much as it did in other episodes, but it still wasn't great. My biggest gripe, however, is that Makoto kind of helecopter-parented Yumemi the entire time. I was really looking forward to having the sisters have a heart to heart, but Makoto went off alone with Yumemi 3 or 4 times, sometimes even insisting he do so instead of Hatena. Bruh you've been there for a month tops, chill.
Jan 30, 2020 11:02 AM
Jul 2019
Makoto was really cool with Yumemi , but his relationship with Hatena needs more work...............

So, the reason why Yumemi doesn't wanna go to school, cu'z she and Hatena don't look alike or was it because , she a prodigy where she sees her grade level as to boring?????
Jan 30, 2020 2:09 PM

Jun 2017
Wow the main premise was thrown out the window pretty fast lmao. It was all artifacts!

DrMurdoch said:
The animation in this episode was sooo bad it made it hard to even finish it.

You know what's crazy? That we are not getting a recap for this and Darwin's Game is already getting one XD. This should be more of a production disaster and I'd expect it here...shocking.
Jan 30, 2020 4:25 PM

Nov 2011
I gave it 3 and a half episodes...im done with this anime...there is nothing appealing about it anymore. Sorry Ema not even you can save this anime for me T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2020 4:58 PM

May 2013
What the hell was up with this episode?! the facial expressions and animations were so off and inconsistent it even could rival märchen mädchen and my sister is my writer. It's sad cause the animation of the fight between teddy and scarf was fine again, budget of the ep all went to those scenes it seems. If the rest of the production is going to be like this god help us.

And after a barely fine climax last week we got a school bullying centered episode which felt like a filler, I have seen enough, drop.
Jan 31, 2020 1:03 AM
May 2016
This anime is so bad, is just gets worse and worse and I love it lmao
Jan 31, 2020 1:58 AM

Jul 2017
Makoto is in an unfixable state...the father figure (which is Hatena's father) that he wanted to learn from, unfortunately has lesser tricks up his sleeve than the young magician.

Even worse is Yumemi with a kuudere expression, being a shut-in is the least of others' worries. And so with prying from Kokomi, Hatena and Makoto, a trip down to Yumemi's school to figure out why, and it all boils down to...bullying?

It's ironic that Hatena and Yumemi aren't close to each other despite being sisters, and Makoto ended up being the 3rd party to teach more magic tricks. And it ended up bheing an Artifact battle against both sisters while Makoto is at the receiving end.

Good to see that the issue is resolved with Yumemi's classmates acknowledging his presence and all, but for Makoto stealing the show, it just seems corny that he's getting the limelight instead of Hatena.

Sadly, more than the story and narratives not holding up as much, it felt boring and cringey to see Makoto banter between sisters, especially Hatena with lip-serviced "romance".

TheISOlatoR said:
What the hell was up with this episode?! the facial expressions and animations were so off and inconsistent it even could rival märchen mädchen and my sister is my writer. It's sad cause the animation of the fight between teddy and scarf was fine again, budget of the ep all went to those scenes it seems. If the rest of the production is going to be like this god help us.
It's more on par with My Sister, My Writer's standards of subpar animation.
Jan 31, 2020 7:39 AM

Nov 2013
lol i didn't even notice any bad faces, i guess i'm just not that picky... so my face when i read the comments here... oh well
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 31, 2020 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
Precious Yumemi protecc her Makoto and stay away from physically abusive Hatena!

Feb 1, 2020 10:49 PM

Apr 2015
The direction and animation is so comically awful, but it's just about endearing enough and inoffensive that I'm not yet close to dropping it.

Like it's really hard to believe that grown experienced men are writing the script and storyboard. Curious about what Ainya etc is thinking about the show while recording
Feb 14, 2020 3:20 PM

Feb 2018
Onee chan vs Imouto xD.
Apr 28, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
Well at this point in time my hopes for the animation to get better are going down, everything looks bit weird

I think the heartfelt moment with Makoto should have been done with Hatena instead, would have given it a bit more of an emotional impact

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

43 by josenwily »»
Jun 9, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 12 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 12, 2020

22 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 15, 10:45 PM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

12 by ali676 »»
Aug 12, 2023 5:37 AM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

8 by Kowoka »»
Aug 9, 2022 2:15 PM

Poll: » Hatena☆Illusion Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

23 by Muow »»
Jul 30, 2022 7:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.