Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2020 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
New OP song!

It's darker than the previous one so I kinda like it. Speaking of dark, this episode took on a bizarre direction with the despair from the five leaf grimore. Gotta admit though...Asta's got a lot of courage this episode. They animated the battle against the Devil which I find thrilling.
Jan 7, 2020 4:41 AM

Dec 2018
I guess Nero will become a girl like in the new OP and ED. Oh well, more girls for Asta.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jan 7, 2020 4:44 AM
Jan 2017
the new OP and ED are so LIT !!

We got to see new faces and characters (the girl with red eyes) which i think will have a huge impact in the anime

i don't know when she will appear but i hope it's soon xD

finally the bird talked .. but its horns are similar to the horns the new girl in the OP has (just noticed not spoiler xd)
Jan 7, 2020 4:45 AM
Sep 2015
New OP and ED! I suspect at the beginning it might be the same artist as 'Black Rover' (still can't remember artist name) but when the song name appear it just confirm, 'Black Catcher', they love to play with 'Black Clover' name.

And yes, this episode is just amazing! I feel like the average quality of recent episodes is improve, compare to the beginning in which we only have one good episode per cour. "Never Give Up!" to the animation team! And I love this episode new direction that is darker, more psychologically twisted, but also doesn't abandon comedy moments.

Also my prediction is wrong again, I predict at the very beginning that Nero is the ledendary Wizard King, but look like it's a girl that is related to him.
Jan 7, 2020 4:48 AM

Jan 2017
I'm loving the new OP and ED! The new developments in the story are also interesting especially the after-credit scene with Nero.
Jan 7, 2020 5:21 AM

Feb 2018
They are coming.

you know this devil is OP af if they need these 2 characters, Asta, Yuno, Yami, Elf Charlotte, Patry and Licht to fight him.

But this is cute and beautiful

Also
Jan 7, 2020 5:23 AM
Aug 2015
New OP and ED sound as great as usual.
I love how both OP and Ed focused on her.
But really, they already showed the new characters from the manga in the ED?
Jan 7, 2020 5:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wait, did Nero just speak? Seeing posts above, it would certainly make sense for Nero to be that mysterious girl hinted at both the Op and ED but I'm looking forward to the confirmation nonetheless.

Asta diving into Patry and saving him was nice to see, future Wizard King in the making. And he's finally aware of the Wizard King's demise too, heartbreaking stuff. Speaking of Wizard Kings, now that's one bold of claiming one's mark, Nozelle-sama. I wonder if Fergeleon influenced him to pursue the title.

Mimosa saving the lazy elf right after was touching to see as well. But more importantly, we have got ourselves another intriguing matchup! Yami-taichou and his follower (lmao) plus Licht v the Demon, really curious to see how this'll play out. I'm genuinely curious as to why the Demon doesn't just "order" them to fight within themselves or force them to surrender lol.

New Op and ED are pretty cool, by the way. The Op is no Black Rover by any means but still pretty good, as you'd from Vickeblanka. Some really good choreography and visuals for the Op though, definitely felt like a lot was conveyed in just the 90 seconds. And some new faces too, how very curious-striking indeed. Hooked to the ED, meanwhile. Intersection, God bless you!

Uncovering something next? What, are we going to see the 1st Wizard King return or something (judging from the Op & the relic)?
_MushiRock11_Jan 7, 2020 7:11 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 7, 2020 6:09 AM

Jan 2018
Incase anyone didn't see, there's an end credit scene after the ending song so be sure not to miss it out!
Jan 7, 2020 6:17 AM
Apr 2014
oh shit new OP/ED hype, but smh they just can't stop spoiling stuff
Jan 7, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2016
The new theme songs are pretty awesome. Since Black Rover I was hoping for another song by Vickeblanca and the ending got me hyped for the "new" character.

As for the episode. Was pretty good in terms of build up. We still got some highlights. Asta preached the facts. Doesn't matter how pathetic you're, you gotta keep going, nobody knows it better than himself. Also liked Nozel, who showcased that he's indeed top tier.

Having all that said, I'm not feeling the Devil as enemy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2020 6:41 AM

Jul 2013
Man it was only one week, but I missed this so much. Opening is lit as always, and another fine addition to Black Clover's list of amazing opening songs. Vickeblanka didnt' disappoint at all.
I liked the ending too, especially due those wonderful visuals.

Nozel finally was able to show his power. Was a nice way to redeem himself after underperforming against the Compass elf (guess she was a bad match against his magic). I expected Asta to Talk no Justu Patry, and so it happened, but I don't mind it, since the scene was very well done (loved the moment where Asta is drifting into Patry's mind as he's taken over by the despair). I got bummed when Asta learned that Julius is dead ;_;
I'm still wondering if Patry should be forgiven or not, but lets see how this arc is going to progress. And speaking about him, I never noticed he was that swole.

On, my, are they all going to gang up against the Devil? Well, it has sense, since he's very OP. He said some interesting things about Licht (the real one). Nice Yami x... Charla moment too.

No Petit Clover, but at least we got that after credits scene.
Jan 7, 2020 6:49 AM

Oct 2017
Vickeblanka rocked again with the new op, Black Catcher was great. The new ed is great too.

Nozel just declared that he is gonna be the wizard king so another rival for Asta lol. Hyped to see the fight against the devil.

The best girl is finally here, ayyy.
Jan 7, 2020 6:51 AM

Jul 2015
Considering the spoilers in the ending, I hope Pierrot stops the anime before the next arc and introduce it with a 2nd season, it would give them some time to work on it instead of adding fillers and dragging it out.
i am the ultimate one piece fanboy
Jan 7, 2020 7:00 AM
May 2019
Asta use Talk no Jutsu kind of disappointment, he could punch Patri while talk to him so it will make him better

and we got another Black title song, after Black Rover which is Black Clover best opening ever we now got Black Catcher by the same artist and i now cant pick which is best opening song.
Jan 7, 2020 7:08 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode as always and WOW the new OP/ED are fantastic! The new best girl is here!
Jan 7, 2020 7:49 AM
Oct 2019
Vickeblanka is the best musician, what an opening!!!
Jan 7, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Damm the new OP and END is great
Jan 7, 2020 9:41 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Nero talking took me by surprise!
Jan 7, 2020 9:51 AM

Sep 2017
New OP is interesting. Lots of new characters featured in the ED as well. New demon loli to protect. Though it may be the bird?
Jan 7, 2020 10:33 AM

Feb 2019
WE FUCKING MOVEEEEEEEE, THE OP IS HEAT, I can't name another series that's had 10 straight bangers, BC undefeated. ED is gas too, plenty of best girl to go around. Episode was as expected pretty much build up, the real fire will come next week and at the end of the month and I can't wait. I really wish BC would be seasonal so that the outsourcing/animation would be higher quality, that's really what holds the series back from blowing up. When it's good, it's really good, when it's bad, it's really bad. Just doesn't do Tabata's art justice enough or the story, which I feel is much better than BNHA or any of the ongoing shonen.

Secre in 1 week.
Marinate1016Jan 7, 2020 11:02 AM
Jan 7, 2020 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
Damn that OP sounds like Imagine Dragons nippon edition

and wow that OP and ED revealed a lot of characters. Seems like there's still lots more to come
Jan 7, 2020 10:55 AM

Jan 2008
Best girl. So much love in the OP and ED. The last bit of the ending with her blinking and looking away, hnggg. Also really enjoying both of them music wise.

Makes me wonder how much longer the anime has considering it's getting closer and closer to the manga.
PaulJan 7, 2020 11:08 AM
Jan 7, 2020 11:17 AM
Jun 2015
Loved this episode especially the new OP and ED. The group that did Black Rover is back with a great new song!
Jan 7, 2020 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Paul said:
Best girl. So much love in the OP and ED. The last bit of the ending with her blinking and looking away, hnggg. Also really enjoying both of them music wise.

Makes me wonder how much longer the anime has considering it's getting closer and closer to the manga.

How much is close?
Jan 7, 2020 11:52 AM

Dec 2014
well the opeing is dope and I was so not expecting that
Jan 7, 2020 12:11 PM

Jan 2008
-xAttack609x- said:
Paul said:

How much is close?

This episode adapted Chapter 199 to 201. The manga is at chapter 235.
If it keeps up the pace, it'll catch up and either resort to fillers, padding or end at a weird place. I say weird place because several characters shown in the new ED are relatively new even in the manga.
Jan 7, 2020 12:15 PM

Jan 2008
CheyneGreene said:
Considering the spoilers in the ending, I hope Pierrot stops the anime before the next arc and introduce it with a 2nd season, it would give them some time to work on it instead of adding fillers and dragging it out.

My assumption we'll get filler anyhow since there was no training montage of any kind in the manga, so we'll probably see that fleshed out in the anime.

-xAttack609x- said:
Paul said:

How much is close?

Like, within 30 chapters close. Today's episode was three manga chapters. If they keep going that pace, it'll only take a couple of months to catch up.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 7, 2020 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
Paul said:
If it keeps up the pace, it'll catch up and either resort to fillers, padding or end at a weird place. I say weird place because several characters shown in the new ED are relatively new even in the manga.

To be fair, those of us who've read the manga fully expected there to be filler when the manga didn't do a (training) montage of any sort. The anime did filler for it before, quite likely they'll do it again. Not that, that was a bad thing as it actually properly introduced us to the characters of that arc whereas the manga we had to accept that Asta just knew them and that they'd be willing to save his arms.
Jan 7, 2020 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
kevin_video said:
CheyneGreene said:

My assumption we'll get filler anyhow since there was no training montage of any kind in the manga, so we'll probably see that fleshed out in the anime.

-xAttack609x- said:

How much is close?

Like, within 30 chapters close. Today's episode was three manga chapters. If they keep going that pace, it'll only take a couple of months to catch up.

Damn, been really enjoying my weekly dose of black clover. They'll probably do fillers then. Atleast, that's my guess
Jan 7, 2020 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
Nero talked, that's quite the surprise!

New OP and ED are full with this one new girl! I am looking forward to that!

Leave it to Asta to be able to bring Patry back to his senses. Mimosa healing up Raia was also nice to see! An alliance between Humans and Elves is in the works! That Demon is still nasty!
Jan 7, 2020 12:38 PM

Jan 2008
-xAttack609x- said:
Damn, been really enjoying my weekly dose of black clover. They'll probably do fillers then. Atleast, that's my guess

That's the guess of the manga readers too, but we were pretty sure that was going to happen because of a particular thing happened right before the current arc. Or rather, didn't happen. The anime is good at filling in the blanks.
Jan 7, 2020 12:50 PM
Jun 2007
Nero's voice is almost certainly Aoi Yuuki. The VA choice and focus in OP and ED (I mean, that couldn't possibly be anyone else, right?) means the anime is marking her as a candidate for best girl.

Definitely curious to see more of her.
Jan 7, 2020 1:04 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Think the scene between Asta & Patry heighten Asta as a protagonist in my mind. The death of the Wizard King deeply affected him. Also hope everyone caught the post credit scene
Jan 7, 2020 1:24 PM
Sep 2012
Black Clover has been so hype for me since the first yami x licht fight. keeps getting better and better.

Wouldn't it be nice if it goes on hiatus for a bit (so we don't need fillers) so Pierrot can finally animate Bleach's last story arc? xD
By the time they were done, they could probably animate the rest of Black Clover until its end, just a thought
Jan 7, 2020 2:49 PM
May 2019
in ep 116 the devil could make anything he wanted and he also made Charlotte Roselie plant magic wither. so why doesn't he just say die so all of the characters he was fighting die???
Jan 7, 2020 2:58 PM

Jul 2017
Oh man, new quarter-seasonal with Vickeblanka's new OP and another new ED, it's as ever as dope. The new girl is a mystery for now.

Facing off manipulated Patri isn't on the books of both Asta and Yuno, as Captain Nozel finishes him off with Asta penetrating the Devil that is Patri's (fused with Captain Vengeance) memories to bring him back from the depths of hell.

With that, the elves and humans are on an alliance to kill the Devil rampaging around. Guess the build-up hype is so much better now.

Asta's companion bird Nero SPOKE? Seems there more to it...
Jan 7, 2020 3:00 PM
Aug 2015
Shadow_Master_T said:
Nero's voice is almost certainly Aoi Yuuki. The VA choice and focus in OP and ED (I mean, that couldn't possibly be anyone else, right?) means the anime is marking her as a candidate for best girl.

Definitely curious to see more of her.
No, it has been announced that her VA will be Sakura Ayane (Uraraka from BNHA and Iroha from Oregairu).
Jan 7, 2020 3:00 PM

Jul 2014
Bro, the spoilers in the new op are getting out of control
Jan 7, 2020 3:22 PM
Mar 2015
Glad to see Nero going to do her job. With Licht fighting the Devil we are heading toward the final battle
Jan 7, 2020 3:48 PM

Jul 2017
Even though the overall anime is not that good, I gotta admit this episode was amazing. The new opening is a banger (as expected from Vickeblanka and Black Clover in general), and the dialogue between Asta and Patry had me at the edge of the seat. Art improved a lot as well.

Hell, it even made me rise the score to the show.
This arc seems promising. Let's see how this series develops all the potential it has.
Jan 7, 2020 5:49 PM

Nov 2015
The OP is awesome holy shit
and can someone please crop the scene where the deamon shows? it was beautifully animated and a waste not to be posted as a GIF
Jan 7, 2020 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
So many spoilers in the new OP--- I LIKE!!!!
Jan 7, 2020 7:19 PM

Jan 2013
Bebo10 said:
the new OP and ED are so LIT !!

We got to see new faces and characters (the girl with red eyes) which i think will have a huge impact in the anime

i don't know when she will appear but i hope it's soon xD

finally the bird talked .. but its horns are similar to the horns the new girl in the OP has (just noticed not spoiler xd)

Most likely next episode will be the big reveal
Jan 7, 2020 8:41 PM

May 2019
New opening and ending are amazing.

Damn, Nozel was a real badass in this ep, showing type advantages pretty well, it reminded me of Enel vs Luffy with his rubber vs lightning cheese lmao

Nero = best girl

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 7, 2020 8:48 PM

Aug 2015
The new OP and ED are amazing. From them, it seems like Nero will become a girl - can't wait to see everyone's reaction to that. Wonder who those ppl at the end of the ED were. Loved the battle scenes and the background music went well with it.
Jan 7, 2020 8:50 PM

Jul 2013
God damn so much new things. All these new characters we got to see who will most likely get an introduction in the near future.

In this episode Nozel really showed how strong he is. Asta and Yuno together were only able to stop 1 attack from Patri (I know they are weakened by the fight before against this devil). But if you look how easy Nozel won this fight it's crazy. Funny how he mentioned that he also wants to become the Wizard King :D

The transition from Asta getting into Patris soul looked beautfil. Just sad when Asta saw the death of Julius in Patris memories. After all what he saw it requires a lot of balls to help someone like Patri, who killed the Wizard king and caused so much other bad things. I had a feeling Mimosa eventually would heal Liar.

The devil is abnormally strong. Yami, the real Licht and Charlotte in elf form fight against him and it doesn't seem he has any problem with that.

I can't believe Nero spoke at the end. That came as a big surprise, even if I was also wondering about his role the whole time before. I just want to know about that girl with the red eyes (which most likely is Nero? Just a guess). She looks so pretty. This got me super hyped for the next episodes. Can't wait until next week.

PS: OP and ED are both amazing and super catchy
Natsu88Jan 7, 2020 8:58 PM

Jan 7, 2020 9:58 PM
Jan 2018
gadboyz said:
They are coming.

you know this devil is OP af if they need these 2 characters, Asta, Yuno, Yami, Elf Charlotte, Patry and Licht to fight him.

But this is cute and beautiful

Also

Anime will be catching up fast!!
Jan 7, 2020 10:02 PM

Oct 2008
so many events happening its so awesome and overwhelming!
new OP and ED!!!
5/5.

and who the heck is that girl with devil horns! damn! pls don't spoil manga readers!

i'm quite baffled about that bird Nero ...it seems irregular...

Jan 7, 2020 10:18 PM
Jan 2019
Natsu88 said:
Funny how he mentioned that he also wants to become the Wizard King :D

It's a call back to the first time Nozel met Asta, where he scoffed at Asta for declaring he wants to be the Wizard King and take the declaration as an insult
He has acknowledged Asta as a rival now therefore he mentioned that to Asta
Gao_ShunJan 7, 2020 10:29 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2018

69 by thoronmi »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Mar 18

18 by Kizuki01 »»
May 22, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 156 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
May 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 155 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2020

46 by Vindicater »»
May 20, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 79 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

46 by drexneesh »»
May 17, 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.