Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion

The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 26, 2019 8:56 AM
Feb 2017
phantomfandom said:
Jisrat_Hasan said:

Do you mean that scene where that Valkyrie goddess had sex with him?

No, I want to be innocent enough to believe Valkyria and him really didn't have sex. I was referring to his baby in his previous reincarnation with Princess Tiana, though now Ristarte remember everything and in the future probably Seiya will know too.

Oh
Got it bro
He had sex with tiana*( restarte in previous life), so I'm ok with that.
Dec 26, 2019 8:57 AM
Feb 2017
Fede_5000 said:
This anime was just dumb and "parody" comedy, but now it changed tone abruptly and without reason, it seems that the writer wanted to get attention, but as a comedy it would never happen, It is for that reason that he decided to put this plot twist at the last moment, but it just doesn't fit.

I'll agree with you
But it's good enough to enjoy as a whole
Dec 26, 2019 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
ok hate how they tried to do 360 of hero's personality... really liked the arrogent bastard
Dec 26, 2019 9:40 AM
Oct 2017
The demon lord of the previous world explains his burning dead monsters to smithereens habit.
Dec 26, 2019 9:51 AM

Jun 2016
That shift in tone was executed to sheer perfection and brought a tear to my eye. It gave the series depth that I wasn’t expecting in the slightest and makes me want to truly cheer if they are able to pull the victory out as a team.
Dec 26, 2019 9:52 AM

May 2018
Totally unexpected episode, but I think it is a good one so why not.

Dec 26, 2019 9:55 AM

Nov 2009
Eh, this show didn't need that sappy corny shit. It was such a great comedy, and I wish it had enough sense to stay that way, but now it's kinda ruined.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 26, 2019 9:57 AM
Sep 2015
greed2 said:
xkazutox said:
This episode is really sad. I was expecting another hilarious comedy episode this week but this episode brought me tears.

Gonna be okay.

Tears yeah. I hope we won’t be trolled next episode. I won’t be shocked if the demon lord is a female that fell in love with the hero.

On the side note, I feel a lot from the Novel was skipped, what was skipped,? I never read the novel but I feel a lot was skipped

Going to answer right away. Actually nothing except minor dialogues have been skipped in episode 11. Chapter 48 or 49 i don't rememer was masterfully adapted as long as i can remember.
Dec 26, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2011
That was a total suprise attack - hit me right in the feels. Great episode, if the final one keeps it up, my score will stay up

Dec 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Nov 2019
Totally surprised. Man, when did cautious hero turn from comedic to dramatic. Lol

This is how an isekai should be.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 26, 2019 11:03 AM
Mar 2012
The prior episodes hinted to a lot of things:

That it would be a tragic end to defeating Demon King.

The way Seiya treated Rista to me implied he probably cared for her the most.

Now we also know why Rista is so thirsty for Seiya.

Definitely one of the best series of the year.
Dec 26, 2019 11:10 AM
Nov 2018
All I can say is, well done White Fox. Cautious Hero taking itself seriously for a while is important. This episode is a stand out by far especially with the surprise second ending song.
Dec 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2019
Gendut2000 said:
Zaro_1 said:
This was funny and then I was surprised and sad.

This is my favourite new anime this season.

Sasuga Seiya
Dark story' + isekai very good combine

rating anime 9.1

Why under 9?

Because, I'm just rating this based on the characters and the comedy, which is basically what I'm entertained by. The characters are fun, and the comedy is good, but not really good or great. I think KonoSuba is better which I gave 8/10 for the second season.
Dec 26, 2019 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
Holy fuck! The shit hits the fan super hard in this episode!

From a comedy to dark past with a lost lost wife and unborn child under 15 minutes!
Dec 26, 2019 11:49 AM

May 2015
Ok that felt very rushed. It was still a good episode and the plot twist was good but I feel this should have happend over a few episodes. Oh well, cant wait to see the ending.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2019 11:49 AM
Aug 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
What a shity Episode, all this serious stuff feels totally out of place.

The episode was easily the best out of all 11. If you don't feel the change, you're the problem.
Dec 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2014
I honestly don't mind that everything has been a bait and switch so far, but to reveal it like this, in one massive exposition dump and without any foreshadowing whatsoever (obviously something had happened to make him so cautious, but the personality change wasn't really foreshadowed at all), just feels cheap and lazy. To be blunt, it's insulting and completely takes away from the fact that the twist is actually interesting and clever.

But why did Tiana reincarnate as a goddess? Just reasons?
Dec 26, 2019 12:53 PM

Apr 2017
100% expected this and I'm satisfied.
I knew best bro had a sad past.
Dec 26, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2008
Yep, that one hit hard.
Dec 26, 2019 3:02 PM
Oct 2018
Atavistic said:
But why did Tiana reincarnate as a goddess? Just reasons?

Because Aria ask for it. Isishtar explained it. Try to rewatch the explanation scene, you might get your answer.
Dec 26, 2019 3:41 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know how can they make something so good out of something so clichéd.
Dec 26, 2019 3:57 PM

Nov 2010
BlakexEkalb said:
kuroneko99 said:
Kind of lame rendering. As the 3D hexagram was blank, it took more than several minutes to notice what kind of image was displayed when he opened "the property". It was the sentence displayed on the pink background at the end of the episode: "the words engraved on your soul".
They should have zoomed in from the overall view of the 3D hexagram.
Pretty sure it was purposefully placed at the end just to build up some anticipation of what the message Ristarte read was.
Yes, it was. I mean audience cannot easily realize that the last words were "the property" displayed but hidden in the 3D hexagram before, and I suggested an example to improve the last scene by just adding "zoom in".
Nieznajomy43 said:
could you show screen of it?
What screen image do you mean?

Dec 26, 2019 4:05 PM
Jan 2016
Great and unexpected episode!

First half was funny, with Ristarte at swimsuit shop!

Damn, i wasn't expecting that emotional episode, honestly, i teared up some tear, it gave me literaly a punch in tha face!

So Aria had summoned Seya 100 year ago, and Ristarte is Tiane is Ristarte ascended to god, and she was PREGNAT from Seya, what a plot twist!

Now we know why Seya is so cautious even dotn remembering the past!

Curious for next fight, seems it will be intense!
Dec 26, 2019 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
The past life drama is revealed, it was already hinted but now we now all the backstory.
Dec 26, 2019 4:48 PM

Apr 2010
I did not see that flashback coming.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Dec 26, 2019 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
Wow!... unexpectedly good episode.
Very deep.
They finally turned it around and made a serious episode before the season finale.
Dec 26, 2019 6:32 PM
Jul 2012
This episode really bumped this show up a few points for me. The origin of his cautiousness is really good and that last message at the end, normally it would be cheesy but they really built up to it well. Good studio, good show. Shame the anime is underrated due to the isekai genre bias.
Dec 26, 2019 7:35 PM
Apr 2019
That was pretty deep. Tears came to my eyes. Kinda mad how Seiya's personality changed like that.
Dec 26, 2019 8:58 PM
Jan 2018
Damn this turned into a tragic romance lmao
Dec 26, 2019 9:09 PM
Aug 2018
So today in the episode of reckless hero we see how reckless he can be and that perfectly portrayed the generic isekai hero who wins with power of love and friendship. Overall it was a nice episode, felt a bit rushed but still serviceable .
Dec 26, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode
Dec 26, 2019 9:49 PM
Sep 2019
I don't get why people are complaining that this episode was a sudden and out of nowhere tonal shift. The tonal shift within the episode itself was a bit sudden yes, but it didn't feel out of place. As for the series as a whole, the 9 previous episodes have been foreshadowing this the entire time.

It seems pretty obvious that Seiya failed to save the B class world that Ariadoa mentioned and that that was the reason for his cautiousness. Then, while less obvious in it's exact details, there was obviously a reason that Seiya was treating Rosalie the way he was. Even if one didn't pick up on that, the show's had other dark and serious moments before this. Hell, Seiya's arm got cut off last episode. There was no comedic tone to that (really the fight as a whole), nor was there comedic tone to Mash getting tortured or the soldiers being dropped and falling to their deaths for example. They were smaller moments that didn't get a ton of consideration yes, but saying that this serious tone came from nowhere is feels off.

I just don't really get how you don't pick up on the fact that the show's been hinting at something dark lurking under the surface the entire series I guess. I can understand not picking up specifics since I'm rather bad at that myself, but there's just been so much hinting towards *something*. I suppose that's a result of taking the series more at face value? Nothing wrong with that I guess.

That all aside though, Ristarte's involvement with Seiya's backstory caught me off guard. I can see all the foreshadowing to it now, but the hints have been a lot subtler. Now that's what I get for taking Ristarte largely at face value.

I can't wait to see how this wraps up tomorrow!
RevabeatDec 26, 2019 9:55 PM
Dec 26, 2019 10:02 PM
Dec 2019
Did not expect my first post to be this xD...I heard from novel readers it's even more gruesome where Seiya had to witness his child being ripped out of Tiana's belly and eaten and followed by Tiana before his head got chopped off...It makes sense now why he's so cautious...he left himself a message so that he never forgets if he's chosen ever again...that killed me:( T.T
Dec 26, 2019 11:30 PM
Feb 2019
The ED song of this episode with romaji lyric here

https://youtu.be/Nmz-LohBv9k
Dec 26, 2019 11:43 PM

Feb 2018
Hebi_op said:
xShinigami3125 said:

The episode was easily the best out of all 11. If you don't feel the change, you're the problem.

I am the what ? How does me not enjoying this become a problem to anyone else ? If you are troubled by someone not liking what u like, then that’s ur problem.
Dec 27, 2019 2:30 AM

Nov 2013
DAMNNN ...Best episode so far!

I expected the thing with Aria given how much she helped Seiya, but the thing with Ristarte was a really nice twist.
Also, the explanation for why he is so cautious was well done.

That line really hit hard “Make sure to save the world, your friends and the one you love... this time for sure”
Dec 27, 2019 2:44 AM

Feb 2016
xShinigami3125 said:

The story overall is pretty serious, it's just that the Anime doesn't really do it justice and made it more of a comedy.
Dec 27, 2019 3:54 AM
Dec 2019
One Episode is enough to curse the phrase: Gotta Be Okay. This whole Episode explained the Main Character's past and all of his actions throughout the last ten episodes. Even though all the serious stuff feels out of place, its a good way to end up the series or the season.
Dec 27, 2019 4:54 AM

Feb 2018
BlackFIFA19 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

The story overall is pretty serious, it's just that the Anime doesn't really do it justice and made it more of a comedy.

Well sucks for me then, cuz that’s all I was enjoying about it.
Dec 27, 2019 5:40 AM
Nov 2019
So Who's going to give me odds on this scenario for the final episode.

Rista, Mash & Elulu teleport into the castle and end up in front of Seya meeting the Demon lord first and take a pasting, Mash gets killed protecting Elulu.

Seya arrives and is defeated but not killed, while Rista tries to heal Seya - Elulu tries to protect them and as such fulfills the prophecy and becomes the sword as she is killed.

Seya is left with the choice of Suicide by Valkyrie to save Rista or them both being killed. Thus history for Seya is repeated...
penrhosDec 27, 2019 5:44 AM
Dec 27, 2019 7:59 AM
Oct 2012
Saiz- said:
LISTARTE IS ACTUALLY HOW "RESTART" WAS PRONOUNCED IN JAPAN
man, you're actually right. i did not notice it at all lmao
Dec 27, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2018
Wow, this is the anime I least expected to cry (and not of laughter)
Dec 27, 2019 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
"I used to think this anime was a comedy but now I realize it's a tragedy"

Dec 27, 2019 3:27 PM

Sep 2016
This went dark quite fast, woah.

The VA choice ruined a bit the surprise about Ristarte but whatever.

Gotta watch ep 12 now.
FullyChargedDec 28, 2019 7:41 AM
bruh
Dec 27, 2019 4:57 PM

Sep 2018
Wahhhhhhhhh T-----------T This is supposed to be comedy huhuhu why became dramatic? Huhuhuhuhu Seiya T---------T

Young Seiya is more talkative but I love the current Seiya more (I didn't expect Seiya and Ristarte have a past, my ship is sailing~)

I know he can defeat the demon lord.. he's OP and I still believe on him.. Please be safe!!!

*Be cautiously, cautiously cautious!! ❤️
Dec 27, 2019 5:13 PM

Mar 2009
anodasin said:
This episode was good but the spoiler from everywhere (by the people who speak as if they become the prophet just because they already read the source) completely ruin my enjoyment down to zero.

Can't wait for the last episode

Pretty much. LN readers were hinting at this non-stop.

Good episode though. I like how there's an actual explanation for Seiya's personality, rather than it just being an odd character quirk or random isekai gimmick.
Dec 27, 2019 10:40 PM

May 2016
Yukikaze_sama said:
Oh shit. It was heavily foreshadowed that Aria, Seyia and proabably Rista has some past. But I didn't expect THAT. Huge tone change after everything we saw so far.
I don't mind tbh, it's pretty epic. Hopefully we will get some super happy end next week.

RealTheAbsurdist said:

Did anyone else predict the plot reveal that Seiya had been to another world before?

I mean, it was really obvious? Even Aria's reactions to Seyia starting from early episodes were enough. Then we also had info about mortals becoming gods that had no other clear context to tie it to. And finally Warmaster directly saying that Seyia fights like someone with experience.

Dear conjectures without backup doesn't really mean anything, you can't assure something you cannot prove.

I was surprised, I though Aria reaction to Seiya was unnatural but since the series was a comedy one I didn't give it importance, nice episode.
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Dec 28, 2019 12:19 AM
Aug 2017
What a plot twist lmao, wasnt expecting that at all.
Dec 28, 2019 7:43 AM

Mar 2019
So if Valkyrie and Seiya weren't having sex then what the heck was that "ritual" quote on quote supposed to be?
Dec 28, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2018
dang! shit got real
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is the likelihood of receiving a Season 2? ( 1 2 )

KidCloud - Dec 28, 2019

58 by mecchist »»
Oct 17, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

180 by NooneKnowsImADog »»
Oct 10, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

275 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 11, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2019

107 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 10, 5:58 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

272 by poppaccino »»
Mar 31, 4:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.