Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 20, 2019 1:41 PM
Sep 2018
Metallica_Nero said:
If Narancia stayed with Fugo, part 5 would be over by now.
yes and Tiziano and Squalo Will easly kill the all gang
Apr 20, 2019 2:48 PM

Mar 2019
Surafd said:
Narancia worst character

did you forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12GYHLL4-ec
Apr 20, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2014
PedroBV96 said:
None of the previous parts had bizarre stuff happening for plot-armoring the characters to the degree of this one.

Battle Tendency had Waamu give Joseph a minute to fight him by nicking one of his arteries or something and about eight minutes went by before that became a big deal.

Not to mention him getting his arm cut off by Kars and falling into the ocean.
Apr 20, 2019 4:47 PM
Apr 2017
For people blaming Narancia, Are you f***ing srs?!!! Narancia basically just did what he had to do! Beating up the enemy! He didn't know that that enemy was their enemy's enemy! And if you gotta blame someone, blame the whole gang! They all could've done the same thing!
Apr 20, 2019 4:55 PM
Apr 2017
CondemneDio said:
Ljw said:

A granny passing by who launched knives at them?

Yea, people who are angry/frustrated with Narancia: he shot down a guy who, from their perspective, was an enemy who tried to kill them (and would've probably tried it later too).
Narancia did nothing wrong.

Finally, someone who understands! Thank u! Tell them how superficial blaming Narancia is! Just try to think about for a sec GODDAMMIT!
Apr 20, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
papsoshea said:
I just think the Boss doesn't hold a candle (well, yet) to Yoshikage Kira, when Kira first appeared, shit got real. Kira has that charisma and swagger about him, he brings an intense presence on screen, like Dio. I haven't got that feeling from the Boss yet.

This is just my personal opinion, but I feel like the main villain of Part 5 is very boring. They keep piling on the secrets to this guy like he's some big deal, but it starts getting so secretive to the point that I can't understand him. Why did he do that to his mother? Why did he burn his town down? Why was he so secretive from the outset?

Is he just supposed to be paranoid and that's all I need to take away?

I mean, as the show goes on, you see how he is the antithesis of the theme that Araki is building up for Part 5, but as a character, he feels very lacking.

At least his Doppio shenanigans are entertaining, but Doppio is practically a wholly different character.

mayeesison said:
Narancia, WHY???? He's now my least favorite in the group.
RIP Risotto, I honestly wanted to see more of him. T_T
I really like his character design and he's cool.

Aozure said:
Narancia you idiot!!! WHYY?!
Risotto was so cool, I wanted to see more of him :(

On another note this episode is probably one of the best episodes of JoJo ever! The OST was just brilliant, David Pro and JoJo just continues to impress!

wildhood said:
Narancia, you stupid bastard!

You guys do realize that King Crimson threw Metallica's scalpels at Bruno which is why he started attacking, right?
TheAzulmagiaApr 20, 2019 5:42 PM
Apr 20, 2019 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
NekoNezha_B said:
For people blaming Narancia, Are you f***ing srs?!!! Narancia basically just did what he had to do! Beating up the enemy! He didn't know that that enemy was their enemy's enemy! And if you gotta blame someone, blame the whole gang! They all could've done the same thing!

I dont blame him at all. Right move.

I blame the writers for creating such a badass character in Risotto and then severely under using him.
Apr 20, 2019 6:48 PM

Mar 2016
Darius said:
EVA-Souls said:

People who say this haven't read Steel Ball Run

I haven't read any
Talking about animated
Darius said:
EVA-Souls said:

People who say this haven't read Steel Ball Run

I haven't read any
Talking about animated

Ah. Well I guess I can see that. DIU was hit or miss visually
Apr 21, 2019 12:25 AM
Sep 2017
WorldoverHeaven said:
Supersonic_speed said:

I feel like you have the wrong mindset when watching JoJo, or maybe JoJo just isn’t something you should watch.
If plot armor and plot holes make you feel this bad, then I’ll tell you: every single part in JoJo has plot armor and holes, like Joseph surviving the Divine Sandstorm and falling down from space almost, Jotaro stopping his heart, having magazines in his clothes to stop knives, resurrecting Joseph, Josuke fixing a kid who literally exploded and they will continue in future parts.

You should approach JoJo with a ”that’s bullshit but I believe it” mindset, and not take it too seriously. It’s the same thing with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, if you’re just thinking ”it’s impossible to move giant robots with the energy of some weird spiral power which doesn’t even exist, lol plot hole” then you probably won’t enjoy it.

Also, you’re clearly bitching here after every episode only to get attention and cause confusion and anger. You’re (probably) a grown up man so do what you do I can’t stop you, but please, if you don’t have anything to bring to the discussions other than trolling, don’t comment anything.

ok i think you dont know what plot holes are fans like you are worst then trols the only plot holes in your statment are jotaro reviving joseph and joseph surviving the crash everything else is fine dont pretend that you are smart jojo dosent have many plot holes its just people like you that dont pay antention to anything think that everything in jojo is a plot hole

”JoJo doesn’t have plotholes... except these couple that you said earlier”

I think it’s pretty obvious that JoJo has some plotholes, not that much, but some. It’s more plot armor and ass pulls.
Apr 21, 2019 12:39 AM

Sep 2016
What an amazing ep with Risotto & Doppio keeping outsmarting each other while trying to figure out each other’s stand abilities! It’s quite rare to have confrontation between 2 villain characters in Shounen which makes the fight even more fascinating.
I can’t believe it stopped at this timing for the cliffhanger. They saved some greatness for the next ep.

I understand that some ppl would blame Narancia for causing Risotto’s defeat & death. But then again, if not for him & AeroSmith, Risotto probably wouldn’t have realized that Doppio is a stand user, therefore would have already been attacked by KC when he’s trying to pick up the knife in the last ep.
So it’s not really Narancia’s fault if you think about it. It’s just the boss was smart enough to take full advantage of the circumstances.

As a side note, it seems that we’ll have another recap ep in early May because of the public holiday in Japan.
Apr 21, 2019 1:56 AM

Oct 2017
I couldn't watch the scissor scene like FFFFFFFFFF. Also Metallica one of the best stand there it though but rip. One of the best episode.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Apr 21, 2019 3:09 AM

Sep 2009
Hobgoblin2099 said:

You guys do realize that King Crimson threw Metallica's scalpels at Bruno which is why he started attacking, right?

Yup, I just don't like the fact that Risotto died too early since I found him cool and I wanted to see more of him.
Apr 21, 2019 4:00 AM
Mar 2018
[quote=Supersonic_speed message=57448156]
WorldoverHeaven said:

I think it’s pretty obvious that JoJo has some plotholes, not that much, but some. It’s more plot armor and ass pulls.

jojo dosent have many plot holes learn to read
Apr 21, 2019 5:07 AM
Aug 2018
I really enjoyed this episode
Apr 21, 2019 11:45 AM
Apr 2019
why does MAL allow people to review shows....before they are even complete.... that is asinine.
Apr 21, 2019 5:04 PM
Mar 2019
Great episode. I loved the fight, really cool. Idk why people are mad at Narancia, he was following Bucciarati's orders, plus he just thought it was the enemy and had no idea about the whole doppio/risotto thing.
Apr 22, 2019 12:55 AM
Sep 2017
[quote=WorldoverHeaven message=57449137]
Supersonic_speed said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

At the point where you argue if a show has X or Y amount of plotholes, it’s already enough to say JoJo has plotholes. But the amount of plot armor and small mistakes/changes in the middle of a story is really high in JoJo. Araki forgot isn’t a meme without a reason, he even admitted himself that he tends to forget things
Apr 22, 2019 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
EVA-Souls said:
Darius said:

I haven't read any
Talking about animated
Darius said:

I haven't read any
Talking about animated

Ah. Well I guess I can see that. DIU was hit or miss visually

Did not really like DIU

For me, an adventure must include a constant change of location
themanualreader@proton.me
Apr 22, 2019 4:02 AM
Mar 2018
[quote=Supersonic_speed message=57456292]
WorldoverHeaven said:
Supersonic_speed said:

At the point where you argue if a show has X or Y amount of plotholes, it’s already enough to say JoJo has plotholes. But the amount of plot armor and small mistakes/changes in the middle of a story is really high in JoJo. Araki forgot isn’t a meme without a reason, he even admitted himself that he tends to forget things

like i said jojo does have plot holes but not that many and araki forgot meme is the worst meme ever created every single fan that has payed antention can see why everyone hates it im not the best pearson to debate this with im slow at typing and my english is okay at best put try to bring that meme in any jojo sub reddit and people will debate you
Apr 22, 2019 7:21 AM

May 2018
Yeah boyz, next week we're gonna see some donuts ;)

Apr 22, 2019 9:23 AM
Sep 2017
[quote=WorldoverHeaven message=57457008]
Supersonic_speed said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

like i said jojo does have plot holes but not that many and araki forgot meme is the worst meme ever created every single fan that has payed antention can see why everyone hates it im not the best pearson to debate this with im slow at typing and my english is okay at best put try to bring that meme in any jojo sub reddit and people will debate you

Araki forgot is a stupid and overused meme like Speedwagon, but the point still stands. Those who claim ”he doesn’t forget things, ur just dumb and don’t pay attention” are basically fighting ghosts. When the man himself admits he tends to forget things which obviously is seen throughout the show at some points, I really couldn’t care less what someone on the JoJo subreddit is saying.

It’s like they are doing whatever they can to cover up the mistakes of Araki. And I am a huge fan of JoJo, but I think desperately trying to cover up for him is just pointless. Enjoy JoJo as it is.
Apr 22, 2019 12:28 PM
Oct 2017
Holy shit what an episode. Post rock over heavy metal? My personal choice though
Apr 22, 2019 12:30 PM
Mar 2018
[quote=Supersonic_speed message=57458814]
WorldoverHeaven said:
Supersonic_speed said:

Araki forgot is a stupid and overused meme like Speedwagon, but the point still stands. Those who claim ”he doesn’t forget things, ur just dumb and don’t pay attention” are basically fighting ghosts. When the man himself admits he tends to forget things which obviously is seen throughout the show at some points, I really couldn’t care less what someone on the JoJo subreddit is saying.

It’s like they are doing whatever they can to cover up the mistakes of Araki. And I am a huge fan of JoJo, but I think desperately trying to cover up for him is just pointless. Enjoy JoJo as it is.

im not saying araki is god im saying that yes jojo does have problems because araki dosent plan things ahead of time but do you know how anoying is it to see people constantly spat out same shit like why dosent joseph use hermit purple to find kira in par 4 and other stuff
Apr 22, 2019 1:25 PM

Feb 2017
I am so happy that this fight barely got censored. And the color shift at the end was great as well!
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Apr 22, 2019 3:17 PM

Mar 2019
I want to eat risotto
Apr 23, 2019 3:03 AM

Oct 2018
I love this episode so much
Apr 23, 2019 4:31 AM

Nov 2018

Good things about this episode : The OP. Still amazing. Also next episode we probably gonna see the gang again. Good. I'm tired of Doppio.

The rest ? Awful. Sorry to be the only guy in this forum that dislike anything Doppio related but this is even worse than the previous episode. So Doppio has his throat cut and yet he can still talk fine and suddenly, out of nowhere his throat is healed. Why ? Why Bucci and the gang didn’t hear the guys talking/screaming ten feets away from them ? How did a random pair of cissor completely cut the foot of Risotto ? Also did Doppio forgot that now that Metallica isn’t active anymore, he’s gonna breath again and Li'l Bomber is gonna kill him ? And Mista can survive multiple bullets in his head and torso, Narancia can have a fish eating his throat, Bucci can cut his heart in multiple pieces and Doppio can have razor blades, needles and cissor cutting his throat and all of them are fine but a couple of bullets for Risotto ? Dead. Bullshit even by Jojo standards. At least Risotto should have his head explode in order to kill him. And really characters are way too resistant now in Jojo, remember when having you throat pierce by laser could kill a main character? Not anymore it seems.

What a waste of time really. Risotto was a cool guy but this fight had no tension : it was obvious he was gonna bite the dust in a stupid/insulting way, no matter how strong his stand was. Also since Doppio couldn’t even defeat by himself Riotto and basically had 1) to be magically protected by the plot because honestly he should have died here and 2) cheat in a very pathethic way order to win, he is STILL not a believable threat. He still has 13 episodes to prove himself but it’s gonna be hard : that guy is made of failure. It’s like Araki wanted to do Fight Club again but without anything good. Also as a fan of gory fight scenes, this fight wasn't anything special don't get the hype for it.

And guys, don’t hate Narancia for this but blame the real culprit : the writing.
Di-AnsatsuApr 23, 2019 4:46 AM
Apr 23, 2019 6:42 AM
May 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:

Good things about this episode : The OP. Still amazing. Also next episode we probably gonna see the gang again. Good. I'm tired of Doppio.

The rest ? Awful. Sorry to be the only guy in this forum that dislike anything Doppio related but this is even worse than the previous episode. So Doppio has his throat cut and yet he can still talk fine and suddenly, out of nowhere his throat is healed. Why ? Why Bucci and the gang didn’t hear the guys talking/screaming ten feets away from them ? How did a random pair of cissor completely cut the foot of Risotto ? Also did Doppio forgot that now that Metallica isn’t active anymore, he’s gonna breath again and Li'l Bomber is gonna kill him ? And Mista can survive multiple bullets in his head and torso, Narancia can have a fish eating his throat, Bucci can cut his heart in multiple pieces and Doppio can have razor blades, needles and cissor cutting his throat and all of them are fine but a couple of bullets for Risotto ? Dead. Bullshit even by Jojo standards. At least Risotto should have his head explode in order to kill him. And really characters are way too resistant now in Jojo, remember when having you throat pierce by laser could kill a main character? Not anymore it seems.

What a waste of time really. Risotto was a cool guy but this fight had no tension : it was obvious he was gonna bite the dust in a stupid/insulting way, no matter how strong his stand was. Also since Doppio couldn’t even defeat by himself Riotto and basically had 1) to be magically protected by the plot because honestly he should have died here and 2) cheat in a very pathethic way order to win, he is STILL not a believable threat. He still has 13 episodes to prove himself but it’s gonna be hard : that guy is made of failure. It’s like Araki wanted to do Fight Club again but without anything good. Also as a fan of gory fight scenes, this fight wasn't anything special don't get the hype for it.

And guys, don’t hate Narancia for this but blame the real culprit : the writing.

Bloody hell I was giving you the benefit of the doubt as someone who was just really picky and was hoping you'd at least come to some appreciation with this ep but now you're just being slow.

"So Doppio has his throat cut and yet he can still talk fine and suddenly, out of nowhere his throat is healed. Why ? Why Bucci and the gang didn’t hear the guys talking/screaming ten feets away from them ?"

It was never portrayed that Doppio's throat was irreparably damaged at any point, so his throat never "healed", he got fucked over but not that hard. This has been such a common thing in the entire series, characters seeming to take more damage than what's humanly possible, why are people just taking issue with it now? Everyone in the series has had numerous points where they should've taken a fatal wound yet walked it off, part 2 and 3 in particular. And the distance was conveyed pretty clearly to show why the group didn't hear Risotto/Doppio, they were down a cliffside at the start, how the fuck do you think they were less than 10 feet away?

"How did a random pair of scissor completely cut the foot of Risotto ? Also did Doppio forgot that now that Metallica isn’t active anymore, he’s gonna breath again and Li'l Bomber is gonna kill him ?"
Did you even watch the episode? The pair of scissors were thrown (in a pretty gorgeous fashion I might add) straight at Risotto with Doppio catching his leg, he did this by waiting to see the direction Risotto's ability will come from by watching the frog in front of him die. We know already King Crimson is beyond strong physically as a Stand, this was proven ages ago when with one lunge he punched a hole straight through Bucciarati/managed to go down half his torso with a single chop and even in this episode he was able to leave a crater in hard ground by slamming his fists into it. It makes sense he'd cut off Risotto's foot with the scissors considering the strength he threw them with. And I don't know, have you considered that there's another episode coming next week, that might, I dunno, carry on from where the episode left off and you'll find the answer out then? It's an ongoing show buddy.

"And Mista can survive multiple bullets in his head and torso, Narancia can have a fish eating his throat, Bucci can cut his heart in multiple pieces and Doppio can have razor blades, needles and cissor cutting his throat and all of them are fine but a couple of bullets for Risotto ? Dead. Bullshit even by Jojo standards. At least Risotto should have his head explode in order to kill him."
It's entirely consistent though. Everyone who's been shot by Aerosmith at point blank has been killed, look at Squallo and Formaggio. Risotto took two whole barrages right in his back, if he didn't died it wouldn't have made sense at all given how good Aerosmith's killing power is.

"And really characters are way too resistant now in Jojo, remember when having you throat pierce by laser could kill a main character? Not anymore it seems."
Ah yes mhm 100% agreed, characters were so much more realistic and resistant in the earlier parts, remember when Joseph survived being launched into space by a volcano and didn't even suffer a bit from the resulting fall? And how Jotaro was able to quell his heartbeat for like a full minute and still managed to walk off just fine? The good old days! Honestly your criticism of this is so wrong, at least wait until the part's over before you make sweeping statements like that.

Your criticism just doesn't make anymore sense and I think you're fully wrong on the boss. Nothing in this fight was held back by plot armor, Risotto's death made perfect sense, the flashback they added in where he advised the group not to let themselves be carried by emotion was perfect foreshadowing on how Risotto would lose because he let himself get too carried away by the thrill that he'd finally avenged his squad by getting to kill the boss. Doppio won through really clever means and had to do a fuck ton of quick-thinking to survive, since the futures shown by Epitaph were unchangeable thanks to Doppio not being able to use King Crimson's main ability it made the tension all the more real knowing Doppio had to either bear with the pain or find a way to disrupt it.

The fight deserves way more credit than you're giving it, christ.
Apr 23, 2019 8:00 AM

May 2016
Risotto put up a really good fight against Doppio even with the assistance of Epitaph's precognitive powers and King Crimson's strength and he was so close to defeating the Boss but Aerosmith's hail of bullets came bursting out of his chest a second too soon. Even though that head-to-hair projector showed him his end, everything ended up going perfectly for Doppio by complete accident. This was actually the first time I lamented the Bucci Gang defeating the enemy because what happened was inconvenient as hell.

Welp, seeing how La Squadra actually got a vital clue to the Boss' identity and threw it aside, I'd say that they had forfeited their chances way before Bucciarati and the others came in the picture.

I can only imagine what will happen next because there's nothing else standing between them and the truth and Doppio's all dizzy and anemic because of his severe iron deficiency. There might be some of his elite guards waiting down there though.

Apr 23, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2018
"Bloody hell I was giving you the benefit of the doubt as someone who was just really picky and was hoping you'd at least come to some appreciation with this ep but now you're just being slow."

Ah, the good argument of "if someone didn't like what I like, this guy must be dumb". Sorry, I just hated this episode while you liked it. No need to get carried away, it’s just a difference of opinion about a very silly/awesome anime.

“It was never portrayed that Doppio's throat was irreparably damaged at any point, so his throat never "healed", he got fucked over but not that hard. This has been such a common thing in the entire series, characters seeming to take more damage than what's humanly possible, why are people just taking issue with it now? Everyone in the series has had numerous points where they should've taken a fatal wound yet walked it off, part 2 and 3 in particular”

His throat was cut and suddenly it wasn’t anymore, I rewatched just be sure (05:14). As for the rest, yeah you are right it always been a thing since the beginning to have characters not selling a fatal wound but my problem is in those parts (especially part 2) you have so many awesome moments that I could forgive the stupidity of it. For this fight ? I don’t like anything I’m seeing so yeah I’m more bothered by it, especially since here the characters seem to be even more indestructible (depending on the plot) than previous part.

“They were down a cliffside at the start, how the fuck do you think they were less than 10 feet away?”

I overagerrated and I apologize for that. Still Doppio was screaming for a very long time and they should have heard at least something.

“Did you even watch the episode? The pair of scissors were thrown (in a pretty gorgeous fashion I might add) straight at Risotto with Doppio catching his leg, he did this by waiting to see the direction Risotto's ability will come from by watching the frog in front of him die. We know already King Crimson is beyond strong physically as a Stand, this was proven ages ago when with one lunge he punched a hole straight through Bucciarati/managed to go down half his torso with a single chop and even in this episode he was able to leave a crater in hard ground by slamming his fists into it. It makes sense he'd cut off Risotto's foot with the scissors considering the strength he threw them with.”

I wasn’t clear with that, sorry: it’s just that I think it’s weird that the a normal pair of cissors didn’t break from the hit. I'm well aware of how strong King Crimson is.

“And I don't know, have you considered that there's another episode coming next week, that might, I dunno, carry on from where the episode left off and you'll find the answer out then? It's an ongoing show buddy."

Yeah, it’s not like Jojo love to forget things that they just introduced. Like I’m sure they’re gonna explain the deal with Doppio backstory or what the hell Josuke's savior was.

“It's entirely consistent though. Everyone who's been shot by Aerosmith at point blank has been killed, look at Squallo and Formaggio. Risotto took two whole barrages right in his back, if he didn't died it wouldn't have made sense at all given how good Aerosmith's killing power is.”

Well that was always a little problem for me: why some characters can survive very serious wounds but a few bullets from Lil’ Bomber can kill anyone (except Mista, he pretty much establish that he is a Highlander)? I don't recall him saying that his bullets are anything special.

“Ah yes mhm 100% agreed, characters were so much more realistic and resistant in the earlier parts, remember when Joseph survived being launched into space by a volcano and didn't even suffer a bit from the resulting fall? And how Jotaro was able to quell his heartbeat for like a full minute and still managed to walk off just fine? The good old days! Honestly your criticism of this is so wrong, at least wait until the part's over before you make sweeping statements like that.”

Huh, I was only making a reference to Phantom Blood, not Part 2 and Part 3 because I know they have a lot of bullshit (but really fun) moments. It’s just that by watching Golden Wind and rewatching Phantom Blood at the same time, I was kinda shocked to see I much resistant the characters are now. Kinda sad to see that since it makes the death of Jonathan a little less effective in retrospect.

“Your criticism just doesn't make anymore sense and I think you're fully wrong on the boss. Nothing in this fight was held back by plot armor, Risotto's death made perfect sense, the flashback they added in where he advised the group not to let themselves be carried by emotion was perfect foreshadowing on how Risotto would lose because he let himself get too carried away by the thrill that he'd finally avenged his squad by getting to kill the boss. Doppio won through really clever means and had to do a fuck ton of quick-thinking to survive, since the futures shown by Epitaph were unchangeable thanks to Doppio not being able to use King Crimson's main ability it made the tension all the more real knowing Doppio had to either bear with the pain or find a way to disrupt it. “

That's just like, your opinion, man^^ The death of Risotto was bullshit for me. You have a different opinion on that? Good but that doesn’t change anything for me. And no need to explain to me the point of the flashback by the way since it was very poor obvious foreshadowing = he died because he got cocky, that happened all the time in shonen. I disagree with the rest, it was a bad case of plot armor and a boring way of killing a character that could have been used better.

But yeah, I should have been more precise with my original post, sorry.

Di-AnsatsuApr 23, 2019 9:25 AM
Apr 23, 2019 9:46 AM
May 2016
Don't wanna make an elongated reply but I apologize for going a bit too on the defensive, I've gotten used to assuming most people are just shitposting/intentionally baiting when they make that many mistakes rather than admitting to them in earnest, so thank you for being civil. Just some stuff I'll address:

"Yeah, it’s not like Jojo love to forget things that they just introduced. Like I’m sure they’re gonna explain the deal with Doppio backstory or what the hell Josuke's savior was."
Josuke's savior was always implied to be just a random good-natured citizen. The whole reason he looked like Josuke in the flashback was because Koichi specifically says that he's recalling the memory from his own perspective, so it makes sense that he'd picture the guy Josuke based his look off as someone that looks very similar to Josuke. Also Doppio/Boss's backstory is more heavily implied because the mystery surrounding him is integral to his character, but this isn't all there is to him, there's 12 more eps and there's going to be a good deal covered about his involvement in the series too so I'd implore you to keep watching.

I fully disagree about the plot armor stuff since "plot armor" is featured all the time in JoJo, from the very beginning, it's basically a part of the series at this point. Kira should've died at numerous points during DiU but he survived because the plot needed it to to keep things interesting, I see that as the same with GW and I'm hoping you'll be less reluctant to see it that way too when you see what's left to come in the next few episodes. Anyway, I respect you not enjoying this as much as others, I just think if you're trying to criticize things you should take everything else into account/double-check to make sure you're not making things up.
Apr 23, 2019 9:54 AM
Mar 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:
OverHeavenAZ said:
If Narancia stayed with Fugo, part 5 would be over by now.

To be fair, Bruno's group would probably still have to kill Risotto. He's after the boss for revenge over Gelato and Sorbet, after all, so I doubt he'd be okay with Bruno's guys killing everyone else.

Didnt Risotto want to take over the mafia or something? Or was that just Bruno`s group?
Apr 23, 2019 10:00 AM
Mar 2018
This ep was amazing really, i can`t belive they found a way to top king crimson`s angry expression but they did it with Doppio. Also why does every hot character in JoJo`s have to die.....
I also really like that the people who never read the manga got the same feeling of being completely lost and confused in this arc as i did when i first read it, the way Araki manages to keep the feeling of mistery in this arc is fantastic, they really nailed the feeling of it.
Overall great ep
Apr 23, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2015
Di-Ansatsu said:
Yeah, it’s not like Jojo love to forget things that they just introduced. Like I’m sure they’re gonna explain the deal with Doppio backstory or what the hell Josuke's savior was.

Josuke backstory is told with Koichi POV, the one where he says "some is what I heard but its mostly a guesswork" and even if we brush that aside, just look at the guy's design, every student in morioh have a distinctive design where they also put big pins and shiet all around them and yet the flashback guy dress like a background characters.

I hope you're not thinkin that kakyoin "painting ability" is 'forgotten' or joseph could 'track' kira with hermit purple too

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Apr 23, 2019 10:56 PM

Aug 2017
Di-Ansatsu said:

Your weird, you are just disturbingly weird, its fucking creepy. I mean like Jesus Christ I get not liking it but to call it downright awful is just plain wrong.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 25, 2019 12:54 PM

Jul 2014
hurt_ said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

To be fair, Bruno's group would probably still have to kill Risotto. He's after the boss for revenge over Gelato and Sorbet, after all, so I doubt he'd be okay with Bruno's guys killing everyone else.

Didnt Risotto want to take over the mafia or something? Or was that just Bruno`s group?

I believe he did. The Assassination Squad weren't happy with the boss stiffing them on payments.
Apr 25, 2019 5:47 PM

Nov 2018
Modernoir said:
Don't wanna make an elongated reply but I apologize for going a bit too on the defensive, I've gotten used to assuming most people are just shitposting/intentionally baiting when they make that many mistakes rather than admitting to them in earnest, so thank you for being civil. (...) Anyway, I respect you not enjoying this as much as others, I just think if you're trying to criticize things you should take everything else into account/double-check to make sure you're not making things up.

Yeah don't worry I don't shitpost/bait and yeah, I should have double-check and be less angry in my original post. I'm sorry and thanks for being civil too.

[/quote]I hope you're not thinkin that kakyoin "painting ability" is 'forgotten' or joseph could 'track' kira with hermit purple too[/quote]

From what I remember the painting stuff is probably Hierophant Green but it's never really been explained and I think Joseph didn't use Hermit Purple since they weren't sure if Kira was a stand user at some point. Also he is senile and his stand sucks anyway. Those two points could have been handled better and adressed properly but no, I wasn't refering to that. More stuff like Giorno having some new powers introduced and then we never see them again or Stands can actually shrink but only for the battle against Steely Dan and then we never use that again even if it's pretty useful (well maybe it's gonna be use again in latter parts).

[/quote] Your weird, you are just disturbingly weird, its fucking creepy. I mean like Jesus Christ I get not liking it but to call it downright awful is just plain wrong. [/quote]

Creepy because I don't share the same opinion as yours? Hahaha, don't crap your pants but I'm not the only guy hating that, I think my friends hate it even more than me^^ If it can reassure you, I still like Jojo and still think that Araki is a talented mangaka.
Apr 25, 2019 7:35 PM

Aug 2016
Much better handled than in the manga.
:v
Apr 30, 2019 12:01 AM

Jan 2011
Of course Risotto gets taken out by irony.
Apr 30, 2019 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing fight! Truly one of the best fights in the series. Risotto might as well be the final boss when I first read this.

I always believe this is what Magneto would have done if they Marvel used his powers to the maximum without holding back.

Unfortunately, the current Marvel is trash right now. I don't expect them making Magneto or any characters use their full potential powers as long as they are in charge.

Shame really, but there's always the old Comics to live by.

Anyways, I can't wait for the next one! We're getting closer to the end!
May 3, 2019 2:09 AM

Oct 2012
I always remember the 2m King Crimson power
But when Giorno and others at boat, it affect them too
I guess it can happen if you forgot :P

Thanks to Narancia killing Risotto
There are 3 people that's going to die soon xD
"Signature removed"
May 3, 2019 2:28 AM
Nov 2016
Rayl1ght said:
I always remember the 2m King Crimson power
But when Giorno and others at boat, it affect them too
I guess it can happen if you forgot :P

Thanks to Narancia killing Risotto
There are 3 people that's going to die soon xD

when he talk about 2m range it's the punching range not the time power
May 3, 2019 9:42 PM

Mar 2009
Damn! This was an incredibly well-directed episode by David Pro. Nicely animated, too. Probably my favorite fight this season. And so brutal. Wish more fights this season were like this one.
May 6, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2012
Those scalpels gave me Jotaro vs DIO flashbacks.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 10, 2019 2:41 PM
Nov 2017
Another amazing episode, with a bit of an unexpected ending.
The scissors scene was really good, when I read the manga it felt a bit different from the anime. It's always good to have this animated.
The mental battle of the Boss and Doppio was so good, it might be one of my fav scenes of part 5. Again, in the manga it felt different from the anime, at least for me, like if it was less intense and slower.
And that ending tho, a huge plot twist, I was caught a bit off guard, even after reading the manga. Idk, the adaptation is so good I feel like it's all new to me.
May 13, 2019 9:46 AM

May 2018
It's really amusing to see JoJo fans becoming anal when someone spots the obvious plot armour and asspull scenes and names them as such.
Just accept that JoJo is full of that and it's fully reasonable to pick on that, even if the show is called "bizzare" adventure. Do some people really have to defend something to the death just becausethey're full blown fans? Man...anyways.

Fantastic episode as far as I can tell. And a lot more gore than usual.
Risotto as this weeks antagonist did not have much build up (but that was never really the case with most JoJo antagonists anyways), still, his design and deadly stand have been a joy to watch, too bad he's out of commission already.
As far as King Crimson/ Doppio goes, I have to see. His split personality is creepy for starters but I'm not sold on him yet. Hopefully he gets even more screen time, just as Kira in DiU did. Because, he has a lot of potential villain-wise, no doubt about it.
May 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2016
Such well done and unique fights.

Love it
May 19, 2019 4:14 PM
Apr 2016
Damn, that was really really awesome. What a brilliant fight. Well, Narancia killed the assassin, that's unexpected.
May 30, 2019 5:16 PM

Oct 2013
What the heck?! Risotto Nero was a maniac! Those scenes with razors and scissors going out from Doppio's body, Metallica's presentation (Risotto's Stand)... Man, that episode was so awesome! :D The fight maybe was not full of explosions and sparks, but it was one of the best fights from all animated Parts till now because of how original, full of tension and graphic it was. Risotto is one of those Stand users I wouldn never want to face if I were living in JoJo universe.

The ending to Doppio versus Risotto duel was unexpected as well. They fought with each other, but in the end Narancia won by killing Risotto, though everything ended more or less in a way the Boss wanted it to end I think. The only thing that could be seen as something problematic is definitely Bucciarati's arrival with his men (including Abbacchio) near the place known from the photo.
Jun 23, 2019 1:15 PM
Aug 2015
Can someone explain how King Crimson is able to see Risotto in the future even though he's still camouflaged? Doesn't make sense to me but maybe I'm just not understanding
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you feel like Jojo became boring after the first 3 parts?

removed-user - Dec 5, 2019

48 by antblobber »»
Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

abystoma2 - Aug 10, 2018

234 by CAESAR_lover14 »»
May 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.