Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 5, 2018 2:30 AM
Mar 2018
Yautja said:

This anime, like Beatless, infuriates me with it's constant logical errors

Same for me. I like this kind of anime in general but Beatless and this shit in particular really pissed me off. I can't even tell why exactly. Idk maybe my expectations were too high.
May 5, 2018 2:46 AM

Mar 2009
GreenEmu said:
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to like this episode. I know I did.

VERY satisfying! I LOVED it. I just felt bad for that mage that was serving Milza.

BigWangBai said:
Finally the moment a lot of us was waiting for. I agree that Marrines reaction was adding more fuel to everyone’s opinion of wanting her dead. The on,y question I have is how did Milza had Villars crest? Did Marrine give it to him or did I miss something in an episode?

I was under the impression she gave it to him.... I still don't like her anymore (ep #9 really put her on my $#!t-list, and ep #11 cemented her there. I don't see any way that she could redeem herself.)
May 5, 2018 3:27 AM

Aug 2012
windeen-windy said:
GreenEmu said:
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to like this episode. I know I did.

VERY satisfying! I LOVED it. I just felt bad for that mage that was serving Milza.

BigWangBai said:
Finally the moment a lot of us was waiting for. I agree that Marrines reaction was adding more fuel to everyone’s opinion of wanting her dead. The on,y question I have is how did Milza had Villars crest? Did Marrine give it to him or did I miss something in an episode?

I was under the impression she gave it to him.... I still don't like her anymore (ep #9 really put her on my $#!t-list, and ep #11 cemented her there. I don't see any way that she could redeem herself.)
Yes she gave it to him after she killed Villar
May 5, 2018 4:33 AM
Apr 2018
Good episode but yeah kinda strange that marrine would feel sad over mirza's death. I thought she hated him for "that deal" regardless that it was for an alliance. But seriously people should stop calling her whore it's tiring. Her and alexis aren't together when "that" happened. If else the only one she betrayed is herself for pretending to be a cold hearted bitch

Long-HairedMay 5, 2018 4:42 AM
May 5, 2018 5:36 AM

May 2012
This show is extremely underrated. It is better than many of the shows that are rated above 7

May 5, 2018 7:50 AM

Oct 2014
Once again I need to tell, to most Japanese writers: please differ people's democracy from populism.
May 5, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
thepath said:
This show is extremely underrated. It is better than many of the shows that are rated above 7

hahahaha I wouldnt even give this show a passing five. The presentation is so bad.
Tell me , how many names can u really remember and how many names you remembered ever have any context? Why does the crest break and turn into chaos and how come crest can absorb it? What does every individual crest even do to the bearers?!

17 episodes in and my knowledge of wtf the show is about is as good as when i started.

nightcrawlercyp said:
G_Aker said:
This week on how to fight like a retard.

Boy oh boy is this the most silly way of warfare I've seen in this series.

What was Mirza's plan? Take his entire army and charge through wave by wave of enemy exhausting himself and the army to get to Cornero? So if he got to him and Cornero denied him of the duel then what? Use his exhausted army to suicide skirmish? lol.

I would have understood if he send the bulk of his army to fight and he led a detachment force. But nope he just straight out make a beeline to suicide. Nice.

No plan. No one apparently considers walling in inside a castle and just do short attacks and skirmishes. Also that is not a castle but a palace. First thing I would have done is cover all those giant windows and reinforce the main gate.

Well "castle unicorn is hard to siege" is apparently bullshit because Villar clearly didn't even bother turtling and neither did Mirza. XD
May 5, 2018 8:07 AM
Sep 2017
Theo finally killed Milza and the animations of their battle was really great
I loved how Siluca was worried about Theo <3 One of Best moments in this anime
Now That Milza is gone How the war will turn out ?
May 5, 2018 10:17 AM

Sep 2015
That's it? Marrine became a prostitue for just this? Lord.

I think everybody agree that Marrine was probably the DUMBEST character EVER and will be more than fair if she die.
May 5, 2018 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
Good episode. It capitalizes on a lot of prior buildup and I think is a huge morale booster for the audience after that episode. Still think some of the stuff is stupid--like Mirza literally charging into half a dozen armies and Lassic giving Mirza enough space to go straight to Theo--but whatever, because that's probably more of an anime issue than a source material issue.

I still think Grancrest would have been a great piece of work if animated in 3 or 4 cours. I actually appreciate it for the setting, at least some of the characters, and the war drama. The pacing has just been really awful and you kind of have to fill in the blanks. It's a shame whenever I see something with real potential getting shafted like this.

shiro_kai said:
That's it? Marrine became a prostitue for just this? Lord.

I think everybody agree that Marrine was probably the DUMBEST character EVER and will be more than fair if she die.

I'm sure there's more in the LN that gives us insight into her decision, but even from the anime perspective there seems to be enough to explain (though not necessarily justify) what she did. Mirza is one of the best fighters in the land and his territory is strategically close to Altirk and Marinne's own land. Having him as an ally would boost her immensely. And he's scored kills after kills after going to her side. Most importantly, he's held down Altirk fine until recently.

The one thing Marinne and others did not foresee was how Theo is, like the old man said this episode, bringing about a seismic change. Armies pulled from the masses is a modern development for us but completely new for these people. It's understandable that no one foresaw Theo being able to cobble together the factions and different kinds of people and build a mammoth of an army to crush Mirza. So yes, hindsight says allying Mirza was a "waste" because now Theo's claimed everything, but it was a fairly rational decision on her end at the time.
May 5, 2018 12:07 PM
Dec 2017
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.

Maybe not that we've seen, but I guarantee they're screwing each other's brains out behind closed doors. Actually, the LN heavily implied it IIRC. Also in the confession scene she did say that she had feelinga for him, though without the words "like" or "love".
May 5, 2018 12:51 PM
Mar 2016
Man them Kihis army were dressed like a Greek Hoplite , it looks like with Milza's death marrine will be forced into a defends.
May 5, 2018 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
ThreadFazer said:
Probably marrines regrets selling her pussy now. Lmao
I don't think so, because Milza was the one who killed the Earl of Altirk, so

caught in the wonder
May 5, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Explosion!

Finally got that Milza vs Theo fight... wasn't much of a fight. I guess that's to be expected.
May 5, 2018 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
Milza fighting spirit got him killed. He had talent, but he finally met his superior. Theo looked liked a cold hearted killer towards the end of their fight, but that's appropriate when facing Milza. It looks like the main war is over, now.

May 5, 2018 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Milza vs Theo is by far the best fight 2018 has to offer so far! How Theo killed Milza by stabbing him in his throat with the blade while maintaining a cold attitude towards him was extremely satisfying!
May 5, 2018 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
Absolutely loved this episode, However Milza actually got himself killed... first by charging through so many troops exhausting himself to then take on Theo 1 on 1. Theo has grown a lot since the start of the series.

Need more cute Theo & Siluca moments!

I couldn't help but think they were wielding light sabers!

May 5, 2018 3:01 PM
Oct 2014
Yautja said:

This anime, like Beatless, infuriates me with it's constant logical errors.

Your elementary school tier grammatical errors are what infuriates me.
May 5, 2018 3:03 PM
Nov 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I know he was basically the queen piece on the chess board but if that spoiler is right about how she ends up I will never be able to fully reccomend this to anyone.
Yes, she deserves to die or be expulzed somewhere and live a lonely life in isolation and misery
well with how she ends up I think half of our wish is complete bc I think shes poor but I havent read it.
May 5, 2018 3:07 PM
Nov 2017
pasty_ said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:
Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.

Maybe not that we've seen, but I guarantee they're screwing each other's brains out behind closed doors. Actually, the LN heavily implied it IIRC. Also in the confession scene she did say that she had feelinga for him, though without the words "like" or "love".
well i never read them but supposedly the scene with Milza wasnt as explicit as th show but idk. Also at the beginning every site had this show labeled as Fantasy pg13 with hinted romance, so when episode 9 changed all that I got excited until that ending.
May 5, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
Adome said:
Yautja said:

This anime, like Beatless, infuriates me with it's constant logical errors.

Your elementary school tier grammatical errors are what infuriates me.

Ooohh, one typo ', go back to grade school with your shit taste in anime Billy, maybe someone there will you a sticker for focusing on something completely unrelated to the argument I made. Lord knows that's the only place that will pretend to give a shit.
May 5, 2018 4:24 PM

Feb 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
windeen-windy said:

Yes she gave it to him after she killed Villar

That’s what I was kind of figuring. And I am with you on not liking her. The writers sure have made her into a really hateable antagonist.

My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
May 5, 2018 4:43 PM
Mar 2018
You can't rain arrows down against camps that are too far away.

Camp that was close was siegeworks with a roof to protect from arrows raining down.

Sally forth was a tactic in sieges for thousands of years. Matter of when situation is such that defender will keep getting in worse and worse position. For example Hitler is criticised for not sally forth from Lenningrad in WW2

In this case, waiting days meant that attackers were going to become more numerous and they would start having catapults. On the field light cavalry count as 2 to 4 foot soldiers, on castle walls light cavalry are only equal to a low grade foot soldier as they don't have any more practice with bow and arrow, etc.
DavidkayMay 5, 2018 5:07 PM
May 5, 2018 5:04 PM
Sep 2017
Marrine be like: i should have rather given my pussy to theo, rather then that weak ass milza. Lol

May 5, 2018 6:30 PM
May 2018
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.

Geez where is all this hate for Marrine coming from? She shouldn't have betrayed Alexis like that so we should trash her for that. But we seem to have a problem because she used her body to secure an ally. Would we be bitching if she was a male prince who betrayed his lover Alexa(female form, lol) and slept with a queen for her army? We would probably praise him for it.

Yes, Marrine lost her hymen(probably lost earlier from all that horseriding), and might have felt pain and embarrassment while laying with a man she doesn't love, but that wouldn't compare to the pain and embarrassment at losing her war and being taken prisoner.

Her actions weren't correct, but she was a leader before a woman. She shouldn't be called a whore if Milza isn't. That guy also gave up his body to test her resolve.
May 5, 2018 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
Mirza was a good fighter, but he simply chose the wrong side.
Finally, they reconquered the castle!
Theo's crest is huge! Good job.

Wonder what Marrine will do now, she doesn't have anyone on her side. All Theo has to do now is to invade her territory.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 6, 2018 12:40 AM

Aug 2012
G_Aker said:
thepath said:

hahahaha I wouldnt even give this show a passing five. The presentation is so bad.
Tell me , how many names can u really remember and how many names you remembered ever have any context? Why does the crest break and turn into chaos and how come crest can absorb it? What does every individual crest even do to the bearers?!

17 episodes in and my knowledge of wtf the show is about is as good as when i started.

nightcrawlercyp said:
No plan. No one apparently considers walling in inside a castle and just do short attacks and skirmishes. Also that is not a castle but a palace. First thing I would have done is cover all those giant windows and reinforce the main gate.

Well "castle unicorn is hard to siege" is apparently bullshit because Villar clearly didn't even bother turtling and neither did Mirza. XD
A castle is hard to siege. Trouble is castle unicorn is not a castle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvDV5j3Q5s. Catle unicorn is a palace
May 6, 2018 12:46 AM

Aug 2012
Davidkay said:
You can't rain arrows down against camps that are too far away.

Camp that was close was siegeworks with a roof to protect from arrows raining down.

Sally forth was a tactic in sieges for thousands of years. Matter of when situation is such that defender will keep getting in worse and worse position. For example Hitler is criticised for not sally forth from Lenningrad in WW2

In this case, waiting days meant that attackers were going to become more numerous and they would start having catapults. On the field light cavalry count as 2 to 4 foot soldiers, on castle walls light cavalry are only equal to a low grade foot soldier as they don't have any more practice with bow and arrow, etc.
Well actually no. You could do a lot of things depending on the castle. Many had secret passages so you could take men and do a surprise attack from the back, you could disguise as the enemy attack in middle of night and cause a lot of mayhem, you could use a scorched land strategy to starve the enemy , you could destroy the bridge that goes over the moat or better yet raise it if you thought in advance, and many other strategies.
And while you cannot rain fire on far away camps the attackers have to attack, that is when you rain arrows on them. Also if you have enough supplies you can just wait for winter or the rain season or reinforcements. An army that lacks a proper supply route like Marine and Milza had will starve before you in the castle. So no sally forth was no a strategy in defending castles.
May 6, 2018 12:50 AM

Aug 2012
Pseudo_Otaku said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.

Geez where is all this hate for Marrine coming from? She shouldn't have betrayed Alexis like that so we should trash her for that. But we seem to have a problem because she used her body to secure an ally. Would we be bitching if she was a male prince who betrayed his lover Alexa(female form, lol) and slept with a queen for her army? We would probably praise him for it.

Yes, Marrine lost her hymen(probably lost earlier from all that horseriding), and might have felt pain and embarrassment while laying with a man she doesn't love, but that wouldn't compare to the pain and embarrassment at losing her war and being taken prisoner.

Her actions weren't correct, but she was a leader before a woman. She shouldn't be called a whore if Milza isn't. That guy also gave up his body to test her resolve.
Is a bit more complicated than that. First of she had absolutely no reason to do what she did. She could have gone ahead with the wedding. Also she could have negociated, tried to bargain at least even if she would have been desperate. More than that considering what Milza did he would asked for an alliance extremely soon. He was not doing that great either. More than that you compare with a man but is invalid because the male and female role in reproduction is different. And about your example you cold take the queen's army away by force.
May 6, 2018 1:47 AM
May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Pseudo_Otaku said:

Is a bit more complicated than that. First of she had absolutely no reason to do what she did. She could have gone ahead with the wedding. Also she could have negociated, tried to bargain at least even if she would have been desperate. More than that considering what Milza did he would asked for an alliance extremely soon. He was not doing that great either. More than that you compare with a man but is invalid because the male and female role in reproduction is different. And about your example you cold take the queen's army away by force.

Like I said, it was a terrible political move, without any assurances. So was the way she did it.

But I simply see a problem with trolling her for spreading her legs before an unknown man.
Yes, women and men are anatomically different. Yes, women are the receptive partners of sexual intercourse. That is the reason why that Milza guy did it. He thinks the same way you do. He was testing the limits of her determination, whether she was willing to throw away her virginity, body and apparently her dignity away for reaching her goal, which Milza shared himself. (Not to mention he must have thoroughly enjoyed himself that night)

This anime aims to replicate medieval Europe, where this kind of mentality thrived. But this thread is in 2018. We shouldn't expand biological functions into social roles. There's no reason why a woman using her vagina should be degraded while a man using his penis, glorified. Sex is a complex phenomenon and penetration is often seen as domination. Be that as it may, that domination doesn't and shouldn't exist outside the sex itself.

I don't want to sound like some preachy feminist, but let's not keep double standards.
They're both jerks, Marrine being the bigger one for being an unfaithful lover and a tactless commander. Milza, who in all his bloodlust, probably wanted them white curves too. Any heterosexual, testosterone bearing man would, lmao.

My example still stands. While I being a man could defeat this queen in combat. But loyal armies can't be snatched away like mercenaries. Just because she is a woman, doesn't mean her army's gonna be weak. Especially if I'm bedding this hypothetical queen of Dartania.
May 6, 2018 2:31 AM

Aug 2012
Pseudo_Otaku said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Like I said, it was a terrible political move, without any assurances. So was the way she did it.

But I simply see a problem with trolling her for spreading her legs before an unknown man.
Yes, women and men are anatomically different. Yes, women are the receptive partners of sexual intercourse. That is the reason why that Milza guy did it. He thinks the same way you do. He was testing the limits of her determination, whether she was willing to throw away her virginity, body and apparently her dignity away for reaching her goal, which Milza shared himself. (Not to mention he must have thoroughly enjoyed himself that night)

This anime aims to replicate medieval Europe, where this kind of mentality thrived. But this thread is in 2018. We shouldn't expand biological functions into social roles. There's no reason why a woman using her vagina should be degraded while a man using his penis, glorified. Sex is a complex phenomenon and penetration is often seen as domination. Be that as it may, that domination doesn't and shouldn't exist outside the sex itself.

I don't want to sound like some preachy feminist, but let's not keep double standards.
They're both jerks, Marrine being the bigger one for being an unfaithful lover and a tactless commander. Milza, who in all his bloodlust, probably wanted them white curves too. Any heterosexual, testosterone bearing man would, lmao.

My example still stands. While I being a man could defeat this queen in combat. But loyal armies can't be snatched away like mercenaries. Just because she is a woman, doesn't mean her army's gonna be weak. Especially if I'm bedding this hypothetical queen of Dartania.
I would not say that mentality thrived in medieval Europe. Quite the opposite. Yes it is the current year but biology has not changed. Women are still having babies are still much weaker and less intelligent than men, they still need men as a collective to survive and we need them for babies alone. This has no change in the slightest. The social roles were created to optimize the efficiency of people based on sexual dimorphism. Well there is a simple reason: excepting rape when a woman allows a man to have sex with her she acknowledges that he has some quality above other men interested in her. When a man has sex with a woman it just mean she is healthy and young. It has nothing to do with domination except in the mind of feminists. If you are the first or the second man to a woman oxytocin causes her to develop a bond with you. It is not as complex as you think. It is all about the saying with a key that can open many locks and a lock that can be opened by many keys.
Well those standards exist because men and women are extremely different especially when it comes to sex. Yes there are both jerks, but you know Milza was always a jerk and no one ever tried to make me feel sorry for him but the show tries his best to make us feel sorry for Marine suffering from the consequences of her insane actions. Milza did not want her curves. He wanted o let himself be used until she conquered enough of the mainland, and then usurp her and get the grancrest for himself. She was already like putty in his hands just from getting fcked by her. She made him cookies....
No, her army is not weak, but she already made a lot of bad decisions loosing a lot of men for no reason except her pride. This was meant to repeat. If her troops lost confidence in her as a leader they would desert her. And since Mirza proved his skill as a leader more or less he would be the reasonable replacement.
May 6, 2018 5:39 AM
Nov 2017
Pseudo_Otaku said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:

not quite she chose 2 not marry and to be a leader bc her father was killed so she couldve ended chaos by marrying him and then she wouldnt have to be a whore.
May 6, 2018 5:43 AM

Feb 2011
Okay, ignoring all the other stupid sides of this argument, there's one thing everyone is overlooking:

MARRINE AND ALEXIS ARE NOT A COUPLE

Marrine isn't betraying anyone, because even if she still has feelings for Alexis, she formally ended that relationship. There is no infidelity here.
May 6, 2018 5:47 AM
Nov 2017
nightcrawlercyp said:
Pseudo_Otaku said:

I would not say that mentality thrived in medieval Europe. Quite the opposite. Yes it is the current year but biology has not changed. Women are still having babies are still much weaker and less intelligent than men, they still need men as a collective to survive and we need them for babies alone. This has no change in the slightest. The social roles were created to optimize the efficiency of people based on sexual dimorphism. Well there is a simple reason: excepting rape when a woman allows a man to have sex with her she acknowledges that he has some quality above other men interested in her. When a man has sex with a woman it just mean she is healthy and young. It has nothing to do with domination except in the mind of feminists. If you are the first or the second man to a woman oxytocin causes her to develop a bond with you. It is not as complex as you think. It is all about the saying with a key that can open many locks and a lock that can be opened by many keys.
Well those standards exist because men and women are extremely different especially when it comes to sex. Yes there are both jerks, but you know Milza was always a jerk and no one ever tried to make me feel sorry for him but the show tries his best to make us feel sorry for Marine suffering from the consequences of her insane actions. Milza did not want her curves. He wanted o let himself be used until she conquered enough of the mainland, and then usurp her and get the grancrest for himself. She was already like putty in his hands just from getting fcked by her. She made him cookies....
No, her army is not weak, but she already made a lot of bad decisions loosing a lot of men for no reason except her pride. This was meant to repeat. If her troops lost confidence in her as a leader they would desert her. And since Mirza proved his skill as a leader more or less he would be the reasonable replacement.
i agree with most of your argument but unless your from a country that still uses men are higher in the food chain like saudi arabia, I cant agree with you about women being weaker and less intelligent.
May 6, 2018 5:52 AM
Nov 2017
Rosiero said:
Okay, ignoring all the other stupid sides of this argument, there's one thing everyone is overlooking:

Marrine isn't betraying anyone, because even if she still has feelings for Alexis, she formally ended that relationship. There is no infidelity here.
That might be the case but they were a minute from marrying each other and bc she ends up with him even after this so thats why everyone is saying this.
May 6, 2018 6:35 AM
Apr 2018
Rosiero said:

Exactly. I don't even know why people are making such a huge deal. I don't see Edokia being called a whore for having a male harem.
May 6, 2018 6:38 AM
May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Pseudo_Otaku said:

This is getting exhausting. At least I got you to agree on them both being jerks.
Women actually do attach more emotion with sex. Some say it's due to centuries of social conditioning and evolutionary biology would hold that they've evolved that way because they desire a stable mate who can protect them and their offspring. Men show a greater tendency towards sex with no strings attached. And I don't think men want babies that much. They're risky financial investments.

I don't know where you live, but where I come from, women don't live in constant fear of being attacked and don't hunt for mates for raw survival. They fall in love or simply sometimes just wanna hook up. We have laws protecting women and men today. Ever heard of a girl marrying so that she can be physically protected? I'm thankful I haven't. Yes I've heard of plenty of women marrying for financial security. Money is the new muscle power, the kind that attracts some women. Sugar mommies are rare, well because wage gap and *insert feminist arguments*.

Humanity has evolved beyond our natural instincts. We now have sex simply for pleasure and not solely for reproduction, we're even indulging in the same sex, we kill other animals not solely for food but for pleasure.
Sex isn't always linked to other desires. And BOTH sexes enjoy it very much.

So far I've agreed on everything you've said, but there is no credible study that shows that women are less intelligent than men. Be it academic, emotional or any other intelligence. There is a reason why feminists are able to fight for equality so fervently. Despite many biological drawbacks women face, intelligence and hard work aren't two of them. Now what bimbos and goldiggers do is their own business.

Now getting back to Grancrest Senki, Marrine wasn't putty in Mila's hands, atleast not at that time. Unlike a common girl, fucking a poweful princess doesn't mean you've subjugated her. She still has her armies, her influence and most importantly that desire for crest unification. If he was indeed interested in manipulating her, then he could've slept with her a couple more times and used her knights. But he was a proud man who only decided to join her because she shared the same passion for conquest (or her tits).
And those cookies aren't that attractive once you've have her real cookie, lmao. She was trying to warm up to him so she could get his trust and so that he'd work in their interest. Or damn maybe she'd actually begun to like him.

He doesn't seem like the man who would scheme. He would've never sort of served Vilar either then, if he bad wanted to be Emperor all along. Pride and shrewdry don't go together, and he chose the former. He wouldn't have charged recklessly at Theo if he had wanted the throne. And so he died. Yay I hate op characters.
May 6, 2018 6:41 AM

Jul 2017
Long-Haired said:
Rosiero said:

Exactly. I don't even know why people are making such a huge deal. I don't see Edokia being called a whore for having a male harem.

Way to ignore context. They were and are still in love with each other and were literal minutes away from getting married. Giving her purity away to that cockroach Milza wasn't infidelity, but it was an act of betrayal to herself. Edokia isn't a whore because she genuinely loved her harem and they loved her back. Meanwhile Marrine had zero love for Milza yet still sold her body to him despite still loving Alexis. Marrine is literally a whore and will be rightfully called a whore. To add to this for people saying that Marrine actually started to like Milza, I'm going to stop you right there and tell you you're blatantly wrong. I'm sure the anime will get to the scene, but in short she solely thought of him as a business partner and had zero love for the shitbag.
GreenEmuMay 6, 2018 6:45 AM
May 6, 2018 6:53 AM
Apr 2018
Exactly. I don't even know why people are making such a huge deal. I don't see Edokia being called a whore for having a male harem.[/quote]
Way to ignore context. They were and are still in love with each other and were literal minutes away from getting married. Giving her purity away to that cockroach Milza wasn't infidelity, but it was an act of betrayal to herself. Edokia isn't a whore because she genuinely loved her harem and they loved her back. Meanwhile Marrine had zero love for Milza yet still sold her body to him despite still loving Alexis. Marrine is literally a whore and will be rightfully called a whore.[/quote]

Im shocked as any other person here when marrine accepted "that offer" but that still doesn't change the fact they're not together. Marrine can do whatever the hell she want with her virginity and alexis would have no right to complain. Im aware they love each other but choosing not to act on them doesn't necessarily make them wrong. Don't get me wrong i also hated "that scene" cause milza is such a scumbag for even suggesting that in the first place.
May 6, 2018 8:00 AM

Aug 2012
L-Mo-Reppin said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
i agree with most of your argument but unless your from a country that still uses men are higher in the food chain like saudi arabia, I cant agree with you about women being weaker and less intelligent.
I am not from saudi Arabia. why you do not agree? Testosterone favors muscle mass estrogen fat. Also look at every sport. women always rank at the bottom of men list by a lot. And about intelligence is again biology. Women have a smaller brain and is designed to have redundancies in case of head trauma thus a lot of space is used like this. Also please note that testosterone increases focus
May 6, 2018 8:06 AM

Aug 2012
Pseudo_Otaku said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

This is getting exhausting. At least I got you to agree on them both being jerks.
Women actually do attach more emotion with sex. Some say it's due to centuries of social conditioning and evolutionary biology would hold that they've evolved that way because they desire a stable mate who can protect them and their offspring. Men show a greater tendency towards sex with no strings attached. And I don't think men want babies that much. They're risky financial investments.

I don't know where you live, but where I come from, women don't live in constant fear of being attacked and don't hunt for mates for raw survival. They fall in love or simply sometimes just wanna hook up. We have laws protecting women and men today. Ever heard of a girl marrying so that she can be physically protected? I'm thankful I haven't. Yes I've heard of plenty of women marrying for financial security. Money is the new muscle power, the kind that attracts some women. Sugar mommies are rare, well because wage gap and *insert feminist arguments*.

Humanity has evolved beyond our natural instincts. We now have sex simply for pleasure and not solely for reproduction, we're even indulging in the same sex, we kill other animals not solely for food but for pleasure.

So far I've agreed on everything you've said, but there is no credible study that shows that women are less intelligent than men. Be it academic, emotional or any other intelligence. There is a reason why feminists are able to fight for equality so fervently. Despite many biological drawbacks women face, intelligence and hard work aren't two of them. Now what bimbos and goldiggers do is their own business.

Now getting back to Grancrest Senki, Marrine wasn't putty in Mila's hands, atleast not at that time. Unlike a common girl, fucking a poweful princess doesn't mean you've subjugated her. She still has her armies, her influence and most importantly that desire for crest unification. If he was indeed interested in manipulating her, then he could've slept with her a couple more times and used her knights. But he was a proud man who only decided to join her because she shared the same passion for conquest (or her tits).
And those cookies aren't that attractive once you've have her real cookie, lmao. She was trying to warm up to him so she could get his trust and so that he'd work in their interest. Or damn maybe she'd actually begun to like him.

He doesn't seem like the man who would scheme. He would've never sort of served Vilar either then, if he bad wanted to be Emperor all along. Pride and shrewdry don't go together, and he chose the former. He wouldn't have charged recklessly at Theo if he had wanted the throne. And so he died. Yay I hate op characters.
they do not . they are compelled by biology. Otherwise we would never want to have anything to do with women. The reproductive drive is so strong in men they actually become dumber when in the presence of a beautiful woman. "We have laws protecting women and men today" No, we have laws protecting women and convicting women for women wrong choices.
1. feminists do not fight for equality. They are not for the good of men or women, just for their own profit
2. there are plenty of studies showing that IQ on adults is higher in men. Also the top positions at every field are men. The best of the best are men.
"maybe she'd actually begun to like him.""exactly. she gave him the Villar crest and then did everything to placate him. P-U-T-T-Y
"He doesn't seem like the man who would scheme" :)) have you watched the show so far?

May 6, 2018 1:41 PM
Nov 2010
As predicted, Milza of course sallied forth from his defenses to his own demise. Honestly the beginning just pissed me off but why be pissed off when we should really be expecting this sort of crappy writing?

In the end though, the duel was intense, and god did it feel good to see Milza die. I personally liked the moment they all took to remember Villar Constance after effectively taking back Altirk.

I really found it surprising that Marrine had any positive sentiments for Milza but perhaps she was just paying her respects to someone who didn't deserve it.

That ending felt good. I agree with most- it's ridiculous that he even made it past the bridge considering all the fortifications and spearman. Kinda reminded me of Seven Samurai- meaning the forces would've never made it past the bridge by incrementally cutting off bits of the army and then spearing them and horse to death then letting more in and repeating.
May 6, 2018 3:22 PM
May 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Pseudo_Otaku said:

they do not . they are compelled by biology. Otherwise we would never want to have anything to do with women. The reproductive drive is so strong in men they actually become dumber when in the presence of a beautiful woman. "We have laws protecting women and men today" No, we have laws protecting women and convicting women for women wrong choices.
1. feminists do not fight for equality. They are not for the good of men or women, just for their own profit
2. there are plenty of studies showing that IQ on adults is higher in men. Also the top positions at every field are men. The best of the best are men.
"maybe she'd actually begun to like him.""exactly. she gave him the Villar crest and then did everything to placate him. P-U-T-T-Y
"He doesn't seem like the man who would scheme" :)) have you watched the show so far?

Now I'll make something very clear to you. I don't know whether you're a college graduate or a High school graduate, but ignorance is unacceptable in either case.

Men desire the company of women. They fall in love. Many do it just for sex. You may part of the latter, but you don't represented the male gender. Men would never marry otherwise. Procreation gives a lot more happiness to a mother, her hormones make her ecstatic. So the institution of marriage would have collapsed, if what you are saying is true.

That IQ crap is absolute bullshit. I repeat myself, there have been NO credible studies to prove that men are More intelligent than women. If you disagree, quote me a few, not just one or two.

You want to talk about corporate positions? From the time companies were formed, they were syatyed and controlled my men. Most startups today are also controlled my men. They systematically prevent women from acquiring higher positions. They are not running an anti-female campaign, but are simply deluded into thinking that women will be less efficient than men. Just like you are.

We have laws protecting everyone's basic human rights. We protect men from homosexual and heterosexual rape, just as we protect women. And don't you dare start victim's shaming. Nothing that a woman does can make her liable for rape. She can walk around naked in a bar and still should be arrested for nudity, not punished with rape.

We cannot still confirm if Marrine actually loved him. But even if she did, her love does not make her like putty. She acquired the Vilar crest through his aid. She was also not a fighter, so it makes sense to donate a powerful crest to someone who might make better use of it in battle. Most of all, she wanted to strengthen her alliance.

By not scheming, I did not mean that he was a simpleton. He was simply not solely interested in being Emperor alone. He took several battle choices that cost him a large part of his troops, not something a serious candidate for the Grancrest would do. He swore to fight beside her because of her ambition, that Vilar lacked. I didn't see a single sign that showed that he was manipulating her to ultimately become Emperor. That is deluded fanfiction. He wanted crest unification but did not control Marrine at that point. If she was so madly in love with him, she would have redirected all her troops to Altrick just to give him an edge in battle. Yet she supported him as an ally not as a lover and wasn't some dewey eyed maiden in love.

Most importantly, forums like this celebrate diversity of opinion. We don't have to agree with each other. But this is getting tiring. We will obviously not see eye to eye on these issues. Anime are open to interpretation and you are free to treat women however you like in real life. None of my business.

So I'm ending the thread here. I'm unsubscribing my email from myanimelist so I won't receive any alerts . You are free to respond to this one, but it ends there. My exams are far more valuable to me than trying to convince a misogynistic, ignorant bigot.

You don't have to like feminism, but when so many people do, it won't die out that easily. But like I said, that debate is not suited to an online anime forum like this and I frankly only had yesterday to spare for such indulgences and can't afford to waste any more time.
Pseudo_OtakuMay 6, 2018 3:39 PM
May 6, 2018 10:31 PM

Aug 2013
Dude Theo looked like a motherfucking stone-cold killer when he executed Milza. Shit was great. "I'm only asking as a formality" pussy ass bitch. *stab...slice*.

I think we need to clarify something here, because I see A LOT of people upset over the fact that Marinne mourned his loss. We need to differentiate the viewers perspective from her own.

As viewers, we were disgusted and furious because Marrine was willing to throw away her virginity because she was willing to do anything and everything to win as a war monger. It was the icing on the cake of her already being a hypocritical, genocidal maniac tyrant. It showed that not even her "love" for Alexis or her body mattered more than gaining more power.

From Marrine's perspective though, it was a one time thing. She wasn't even embarrassed or humiliated by it, she accepted what she was doing and brought it entirely on herself since she wasn't the least bit forced (and you know he blew his load inside of her too, that's just a given). After the deed was done that was that, and he became a loyal ally. He kept his end of the agreement and she kept hers, and they both fulfilled their roles as partnered allies so it does make sense she would be upset at the loss of an ally and her strongest military asset. Even though as viewers we still remember what we did and remember who she is as a person.
May 6, 2018 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
G_Aker said:
thepath said:

nightcrawlercyp said:

Did you not watch episode one? The crests are created from the chaos to beat the chaos. This was literally explained when the two factions were about to unite the grandcrest, and when Siluca summoned a demon for Theo to beat specifically so he could absorb the chaos into his crest.
May 7, 2018 12:39 AM

Aug 2012
Pseudo_Otaku said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Now I'll make something very clear to you. I don't know whether you're a college graduate or a High school graduate, but ignorance is unacceptable in either case.

Men desire the company of women. They fall in love. Many do it just for sex. You may part of the latter, but you don't represented the male gender. Men would never marry otherwise. Procreation gives a lot more happiness to a mother, her hormones make her ecstatic. So the institution of marriage would have collapsed, if what you are saying is true.

That IQ crap is absolute bullshit. I repeat myself, there have been NO credible studies to prove that men are More intelligent than women. If you disagree, quote me a few, not just one or two.

You want to talk about corporate positions? From the time companies were formed, they were syatyed and controlled my men. Most startups today are also controlled my men. They systematically prevent women from acquiring higher positions. They are not running an anti-female campaign, but are simply deluded into thinking that women will be less efficient than men. Just like you are.

We have laws protecting everyone's basic human rights. We protect men from homosexual and heterosexual rape, just as we protect women. And don't you dare start victim's shaming. Nothing that a woman does can make her liable for rape. She can walk around naked in a bar and still should be arrested for nudity, not punished with rape.

We cannot still confirm if Marrine actually loved him. But even if she did, her love does not make her like putty. She acquired the Vilar crest through his aid. She was also not a fighter, so it makes sense to donate a powerful crest to someone who might make better use of it in battle. Most of all, she wanted to strengthen her alliance.

By not scheming, I did not mean that he was a simpleton. He was simply not solely interested in being Emperor alone. He took several battle choices that cost him a large part of his troops, not something a serious candidate for the Grancrest would do. He swore to fight beside her because of her ambition, that Vilar lacked. I didn't see a single sign that showed that he was manipulating her to ultimately become Emperor. That is deluded fanfiction. He wanted crest unification but did not control Marrine at that point. If she was so madly in love with him, she would have redirected all her troops to Altrick just to give him an edge in battle. Yet she supported him as an ally not as a lover and wasn't some dewey eyed maiden in love.

Most importantly, forums like this celebrate diversity of opinion. We don't have to agree with each other. But this is getting tiring. We will obviously not see eye to eye on these issues. Anime are open to interpretation and you are free to treat women however you like in real life. None of my business.

So I'm ending the thread here. I'm unsubscribing my email from myanimelist so I won't receive any alerts . You are free to respond to this one, but it ends there. My exams are far more valuable to me than trying to convince a misogynistic, ignorant bigot.

You don't have to like feminism, but when so many people do, it won't die out that easily. But like I said, that debate is not suited to an online anime forum like this and I frankly only had yesterday to spare for such indulgences and can't afford to waste any more time.
Wow starting with the insults... bravo...Not sure is if this is important as we do not teach feminism in all colleges so a math and informatics faculty (college is a 3 years deal where you do not learn too much) would not indoctrinate you with bs like that. Oh and I can teach both of those two.
1. men do not desire the company of women they do not have any romantic or sexual interest in. Men do not pursue platonic relationships with women. If you believe otherwise you are wrong
2. no credible studies? ok. What you would consider a credible study? Also here are some studies on the effect of testosterone: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946856/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11913330
3. They are deluded into thinking? I know plenty of companies with female managers and all those managers are doing an awful job. It is something visible they cannot do it. Look at how anxiety is correlated with low testosterone and how testosterone actually fights it
4. do we? do we protect men from rape? There have been many cases when over the all women in their 40 raped pubescent boys and not only they did not go to jail in many cases they accused the boy of rape and he got convicted. You do realize that until recent years the term was defined to include penetration from the attacker. So a female rapist could not rape you according to the law unless she sticked a dildo in your arse
5. "She was also not a fighter" she is not a strategist either. She has no business leading an army
6. " He took several battle choices that cost him a large part of his troops" that is because of his culture. Primitive cultures settle most arguments through trial by combat. Is the whole: if I am right God will help me win, thing.
7. about her not directing all troops but she still directed troops. In the condition she was in she did not have the option to send him troops. The best solution would have been to send a small group of elite soldiers for extraction. But as I said he did not increase the castle defenses (which is the first thing one must do) it was all futile
8. "you are free to treat women however you like in real life" I treat them with all the respect them bearing life deserve but not as adults because they are not.
9. "I'm unsubscribing my email from myanimelist so I won't receive any alerts" wow... I am sorry you are such a sore loser!
May 7, 2018 2:43 AM
Mar 2018
Rosiero said:

Right, ended relationship but will marry him anyway. Just gave her virginity for nothing LUL. So what was the point of the war in this case? You just need to understand that the whole point of that shit - shock value. Nothing more.
Completely meaningless move.
SNDTMay 7, 2018 2:47 AM
May 7, 2018 3:28 AM
Mar 2012
Finally, Milza's dead. He was like this unstoppable trainwreck that Theo's whole team couldn't halt. Surprised Aishela returned after absence for several episodes. Funny Irvin's gotta warn Milza when his job was... to assassinate?
Don't care about most characters to hate any, as for Marrine she's just so pitiful, like the culmination of all the retarded choices in life.
Ya also noticed Siluca avoids using love related words, probably her strict mage upbringing (actually consistent with a crucial mage discussion in Fate/Apocrypha). But her smile & hug aint lying.
Siluca acting as Gandalf & baiting Milza away from the army was awesome, and so the rest can 'safely' finish off his tired army.
May 7, 2018 4:18 AM

Feb 2011
SNDT said:
Rosiero said:

Right, ended relationship but will marry him anyway. Just gave her virginity for nothing LUL. So what was the point of the war in this case? You just need to understand that the whole point of that shit - shock value. Nothing more.
Completely meaningless move.

Yes, because Marrine can fucking read the future. Do you even know the context of that spoiler? I have to assume Theo goes and takes care of the demon lord first so it'll stop chopping off the heads of whoever tries to form the Grancrest.
May 7, 2018 7:16 AM

Oct 2008
At last Milza is finally down! Perfect!
5/5.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

490 by metalrain_15 »»
Aug 20, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

102 by Inconsistent1 »»
Aug 12, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2018

76 by Airs »»
Jun 9, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

86 by IskandarThain »»
May 17, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

53 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.