Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Grancrest Senki Episode 17 Discussion


#1
May 4, 2018 8:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113351
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mirza looked really bloodthirsty this episode. Scary.

A pretty thrilling episode tbh especially with the movements on the battlefield. It seems Mirza is stopping at nothing to achieve his goal even if it means to fight Siluca and Aishela too. Seriously though, the guy is pretty tough despite his awful personality.

It's about time he faces off against Theo one-on-one. I have to admit, the fight did live up to my expectations. Mirza deserved the loss.
Modified by Stark700, May 4, 2018 8:43 AM
 
#2
May 4, 2018 8:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 250
I have a feeling a lot of people are going to like this episode. I know I did.
 
#3
May 4, 2018 9:00 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 146
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.
 
#4
May 4, 2018 9:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1529
Awesome episode - great battle scenes and Thank goodness Milza is gone~~~~~~~~ and Theo is a lord crest on par with the faction leaders.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.


Also shes not 'sad' for him shes more sad/angry at losing her best formal combat chess piece (which its homeland was on the verge of full scale civil war because of his means and methods) He was cut down by a superior lord. As Theo said - he was only asking as a formality; they both knew what the outcome would be had either lost. (though I question if Milza would have even done the formality)

shes also greatly weakened now.militarily as her peace on the chess board she purchased to hold an entire flank is gone and that flank is its own faction opposed to her (at present) though its a unification faction. Theos crest is likely nearly if not entirely on par with the other two faction leaders.

Getting weary of the black princess whore stuff (coming from someone who openly dislikes her war time policies and actions) . People are free to hate her or like her - I openly stated myself I hated her choice making process as I believed there were easier options to peace and unification which she does honestly want. I thought her choice was really damn dumb. But if not for Theo's existence ? It would have in all probability won her the ability to crush the union in the North and likely with the fall of Villar the Union itself. So If the spoiler is correct and im fairly certain it is as no one has ever contradicted it;
Modified by sirwence, May 4, 2018 10:35 AM
 
#5
May 4, 2018 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 250
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.

To be fair Marrine brought it on herself. Nobody forced her to agree to it, but she did without a second thought like the whore she is. She obviously never loved the guy or anything but at the same time she never hated him. No reason why she wouldn't be sad at losing a very valuable ally. I do understand your point though.
Modified by GreenEmu, May 4, 2018 9:19 AM
 
#6
May 4, 2018 9:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 146
GreenEmu said:
L-Mo-Reppin said:
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.

To be fair Marrine brought it on herself. Nobody forced her to agree to it, but she did without a second thought like the whore she is. She obviously never loved the guy or anything but at the same time she never hated him. No reason why she wouldn't be sad at losing a very valuable ally. I do understand your point though.
I know he was basically the queen piece on the chess board but if that spoiler is right about how she ends up I will never be able to fully reccomend this to anyone.
 
#7
May 4, 2018 9:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 250
L-Mo-Reppin said:
GreenEmu said:

To be fair Marrine brought it on herself. Nobody forced her to agree to it, but she did without a second thought like the whore she is. She obviously never loved the guy or anything but at the same time she never hated him. No reason why she wouldn't be sad at losing a very valuable ally. I do understand your point though.
I know he was basically the queen piece on the chess board but if that spoiler is right about how she ends up I will never be able to fully reccomend this to anyone.

I know what spoiler you're talking about (since I'm pretty sure I'm the guy who spoiled it) and yeah I agree with you.
 
#8
May 4, 2018 10:04 AM
Shingster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2151
Hmm while Milza is confident at least he is mindful of risking Marrine though. Just like Milza to take the charge first before the siege begins. So Theo's tactic is to bleed Milza's forces via repeated battles with strong units huh. The courage of the volunteers though really is something though even faced with someone like Milza. To be able to break through each of Theo's retainers sure is impressive. The moment between Siluca and Theo before the dual sure was sweet. The dual though was pretty impressive and though Milza fought hard the odds were stacked against him. He fought to the last though. An action packed episode that finally ended one of the series most powerful villains. Looks like the tide has turned for Marrine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#9
May 4, 2018 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2742
Mirza is finally dead, his idiocy was his downfall. He put up quite the fight though, against Theo and his forces. That fight was cool. Marrine is quite sad he's dead, oh well, he deserved it.
 
May 4, 2018 10:12 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 830
I still have no idea how crest system work and how battle flag encourage soldiers, but I'm pretty sure that Telius has a feeling with Milza, and he's not the only one? Night sky at the end of the episode when Marrine said Rest in Peace reflect night sky in the episode 9? Because people assume that Marrine must hate Milza when in fact we really don't know what she think about him

Bad choice for killing Milza though, I'd at least want to lock him up in my personal jail.
 
May 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4699
Okay, they really overdid it with the loose animation, that was too loose and it didn't look good. That one fight scene with Siluca and the witch looked so, so much better.

Finally Milza is dead.
 
May 4, 2018 10:15 AM
Worst One

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 1002
Milza finally got what he deserved, good riddance to bad rubbish.
 
May 4, 2018 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 250
phantomfandom said:
I still have no idea how crest system work and how battle flag encourage soldiers, but I'm pretty sure that Telius has a feeling with Milza, and he's not the only one? Night sky at the end of the episode when Marrine said Rest in Peace reflect night sky in the episode 9? Because people assume that Marrine must hate Milza when in fact we really don't know what she think about him

Bad choice for killing Milza though, I'd at least want to lock him up in my personal jail.

She thought of him as an ally. Nothing more nothing less. And why would you lock him up? He's proven to be untrustworthy so killing him was the best outcome.
 
May 4, 2018 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 231
Fan-bloody-tastic, the turd is dead, now i can watch the episodes I was holding off on watching after 'that' episode, have literally never been so happy as I was then with Theo's win.

Now if there is a way fro Marrine to be freed from the terrible choices given to her by her 'advisor', seriously, why listen to that incompetent, and her ship can sail then this series will have gotten a pass from me, despite the drop in animation quality.

Heck, I actually ship them more than theo and siluca.
 
May 4, 2018 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 405
Epic battle between Theo and Milza, in the end Milza was too full of himself and selfish, he never wait for Marrine reiforcements so in the end he deserve the defeat. He want just blood but this avidity cost him power.
Also i liked a lot the comic dark style battle with black middletones, they sacrifice the rest of the episode quality for this but was worth anyway.

Now is time to subjugate Marrine too, and expecially the Siluca father need to die. I expect a battle between mages and of course Siluca victory.

Modified by Fnights, May 4, 2018 10:38 AM
 
May 4, 2018 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 134
Beautiful, an absolutely beautiful episode.

A spectacular way of showing animation, so fluid with so much detail, movement, coloring, the smoke effects, Shot, even the grass was beautiful.
It's really was special.

Theo was really a boss here, he completely showed Mirza.

5/5 I am so glad I picked this series up back then, I love it.
Modified by MrMushin, May 4, 2018 10:49 AM
Idk why are you reading this or why tf am I writing this but I already did so whatever.
 
May 4, 2018 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 555
Milza on this episode looked scary, those murderer eyes. A lot of thrilling scenes as well.

Dartania army is powerful indeed. Milza ignoring the troops just to meet Theo, what a crazy man. Some scenes had good animation especially with magic spells.

Theo vs Milza finally.With this fight, was shown that Theo is an intelligent man, and with that he dealt the final blow. Milza deserved his death.

The scene with the Crest was gorgeous, and Theo apparently is a Lord now. Meanwhile the enemy is already making their move.
 
May 4, 2018 10:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 231
Fnights said:
Now is time to subjugate Marrine too, and expecially the Siluca father need to die. I expect a battle between mages and of course Siluca victory.




Ooh I so hope that happens, the misery that scum has caused is staggering.
 
May 4, 2018 11:02 AM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8619
That was immensely satisfying. That barbaric ass deserved to die. And Marrine's trump card is now gone forever.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
May 4, 2018 11:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550
To bad that whore queen will not be killed. That's why I rate this shit show 2 out of 10. 1 point for Theo and 1 for Siluca.
 
May 4, 2018 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1191
great episode
I can see this anime would be better if it's handled by more competent studio other than A-1
I like the war premise, but they make it look bland for past episodes
 
May 4, 2018 11:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1093
Great action-packed episode. Best episode of this show so far.

Seems like the community is really enjoying this death a lot :D.
 
May 4, 2018 11:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 8
Ok This Episode Calmed me Down Like 50% after ep 9 and i will Give The whole series 10/10 if the spoilers about marrine Changes in the anime otherwise the maximum score in my opinion will be 8/10
Damn That Milza he deserves this death
And i hope the whore black princess gets the same
 
May 4, 2018 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1191
also this

The Reflection style over here
 
May 4, 2018 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1182
Great episode. Probably the best till now.

Theo's strategy of using small small groups to bleed Milza's forces was great.The final duel between Theo and Mirza was great.I am happy that Theo killed that wretch.

Theo should be the leader now.And villar's crest is also back.

Full 5/5 Episode.






 
May 4, 2018 12:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 53
Finally Milza died! That's how Theo fight, smart and aggressive. Milza was stubborn but well his death was the most satisfying I've seen so far. Marrine lost her virginity for what again?... So useless now because he is dead.. I am very happy with this episode!
 
May 4, 2018 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1682
Good job Theo! I’m proud of you! Normally I hate when characters accept duels when it could cost them everything but this was great! Proud of you boy!!

On another note I find it so dumb that Marrine’s mage was so devoted to Miruza. Like please you don’t have a special bond with him, he was pretty much an ass to you at every turn, yet you’re devoted enough to cry at the thought of his death and commit suicide? Gtfo
 
May 4, 2018 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 1568
Mirza was waaay too OP how he almost seemed like a one man army at times.Glad he's gone, it may add a bit more of a realistic feel to furture battles.
 
May 4, 2018 12:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1121
Milza got what he deserved at long last. Also, I see A-1 recycled their wonky animation from Apocrypha again.
Don't believe the hype.
 
May 4, 2018 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1361
L-Mo-Reppin said:
GreenEmu said:

To be fair Marrine brought it on herself. Nobody forced her to agree to it, but she did without a second thought like the whore she is. She obviously never loved the guy or anything but at the same time she never hated him. No reason why she wouldn't be sad at losing a very valuable ally. I do understand your point though.
I know he was basically the queen piece on the chess board but if that spoiler is right about how she ends up I will never be able to fully reccomend this to anyone.
Yes, she deserves to die or be expulzed somewhere and live a lonely life in isolation and misery

Crashmatt said:
Mirza was waaay too OP how he almost seemed like a one man army at times.Glad he's gone, it may add a bit more of a realistic feel to furture battles.
Well apparently in this universe castle defense is not a thing, armor and shields are useless (because of course swords can cut through gambisons and steel... not) and everything is determined by the crest size and the leader's will power. The army numbers play a part but not much. And with small exceptions like flanking n this episode there is no strategy except frontal attacks. No skirmishes no nothing.

L-Mo-Reppin said:
I was happy he died but UBER PISSED AT the black princess for being even remotely sad at him dying. I mean he practically ripped through her virginity with no forplay even after telling him its her 1st time. I will never get over that. Also ive noticed that Siluca hasnt actually said the words like or love to theo at all.
Well they say women never forget the man that pops their cherry. They will always hold a place for him in their heart. Also what did you expect from that whore? So many people died just because she wanted a man that can control her.


Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Nexu, May 5, 2018 7:54 PM
 
May 4, 2018 1:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 550
nightcrawlercyp said:
Crashmatt said:
Mirza was waaay too OP how he almost seemed like a one man army at times.Glad he's gone, it may add a bit more of a realistic feel to furture battles.
Well apparently in this universe castle defense is not a thing, armor and shields are useless (because of course swords can cut through gambisons and steel... not) and everything is determined by the crest size and the leader's will power. The army numbers play a part but not much. And with small exceptions like flanking n this episode there is no strategy except frontal attacks. No skirmishes no nothing.

Who cares about this shit? Just enjoy how naked sluts boosting morale of their soldiers xD
 
May 4, 2018 2:16 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well apparently in this universe castle defense is not a thing, armor and shields are useless (because of course swords can cut through gambisons and steel... not) and everything is determined by the crest size and the leader's will power. The army numbers play a part but not much. And with small exceptions like flanking n this episode there is no strategy except frontal attacks. No skirmishes no nothing.

Castle defence is a thing. Castle Unicorn is said to be very hard to take. So you start with a siege, then it takes time to build up the manpower and siege works to actually try to breach the castle.

The attackers in a siege need to be spread out in order to stop reinforcements from sneaking into the castle. (If they were all one army, then reinforcements would do a sneak from other side)

The defender has option to sally forth and try to surprise attack each portion of siege separately before they have time to group up. Defenders advantage that they can pick the time for this, they have a small window of surprise, attackers can't stand at 100% ready 24 hours a day, day after day.

Mirza is forced to be very quick because if he takes his time efficiently slaughtering any one group then the rest including the main army under the Lassic will catch up to him and he is too vastly outnumbered for that. So his desperate hope is kill the hero of enemy and hope they despair before the full force of the attacking army can catch up to his much smaller army. He is outnumbered 10 to 1 (but his guys are fast light cavalry).

Light cavalry gain less advantage from being in a castle and more advantage from being mobile in field.

He attacks individual armies of 1000 men which occupy seige forts that surround the castle and have hasty defensive works thrown up to help them deal wwith his army of 5000. He takes losses because he has to hurry before Lassic can catch him with a superior army. He wins each battle but keeps losing army, till finally at the end of duel his entire army is gone as the attackers catch up and swarm them. Even if he had won the duel he lost the war, as he would be alone and tired verses 40,000+ remaining enemy army all around him.

(The tools needed to bring down castle walls are "slower" than regular army, they are either built in field or takes time to bring them to castle. Black queen has probably the fastest version, her "knights", but even they are said to be slower than Lassic's army)

Theo accepted the duel because he won no matter what, all that was needed was to dismount and delay his opponent. Lassic would catch up and win battle even if Theo died. Worst case, both sides lost a "hero" but Lassic won the battle.
Modified by Davidkay, May 4, 2018 2:35 PM
 
May 4, 2018 3:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 527
The battle between Theo and Mirza concludes in an epic fashion. Mirza, at his wits' end, attacks Theo with everything he's got, not realizing that Theo already won before the two even crossed swords. I've gotta be honest, I wasn't really upset at Mirza dying. He is an antagonist, so we're not supposed to like him, but the fact that he doesn't really evolve as a character throughout the series and merely existed as an obstacle for Theo and Siluca to overcome means his death has no emotional payoff. Sure, he conquered Altirk and sent our heroes on the run, but that has something to do with the larger war, not something that personally concerns our heroes. Either way, this was an action-packed episode and if there's something this show does right, it's epic battles. This is definitely one of the best shows in the season.
 
May 4, 2018 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1398
Finally, the outcome I wanted so badly to see, especially seeing Theo acting differently than usual and setting off for a one-on-one fight, he logically had every advantage in the battle with Dartagnia's army, but he decided to face Milza to keep him 'busy', preventing others from dying in his hands, Theo also knew that he was an opponent he should defeat with his own hands to' avenge 'Villar, it was interesting to note that Theo measured Milza's strength level during the battle and compared it the before, so I think that Theo's previous battle against Milza also for having been for him to put together a strategy for an upcoming battle, from the beginning he knew that Milza would be exhausted, and fighting defensively he could keep his strength to the end, I like to see how a character demonstrates a clear and great development ..

On the other hand Milza changed his attitudes a lot, before he would never think of losing, but he went to this fight aware of this possibility, in addition, he also showed a different form of treatment for the magician who was with him and the Black Princess, I think before he would certainly make some use of her to gain time or even win the fight, but in the end he chose the strategy of fighting alone, aiming at the enemy leader, I do not know if it was because of pride or because he became more 'weak', and even though I figured he chose the best strategy to fight being alone, making the way to fight Theo and kills him, I still feel he would know that he would not win against Lassic, so he would not be successful at all, if he would be evil and would do anything for victory, he should have done it to the end, so it made me even happier to see him die in Theo's hands ..

In addition, this episode made it well aware that everyone is noticing the changes taking place in the world, and coincidentally or not, it was the young noblemen who fought on the front lines to show their conviction, even some aware that they could not win, as the prince masked who still survived, while the other older lord decided to retreat and flee, the dialogue between him and his son made it clear that everyone will see a different outcome for the future of the world, I think it was really quite events in one episode, but I did not feel badly done, on the contrary, I think it was the best so far, and I hope to see a great outcome in the animation ..

 
May 4, 2018 3:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 80
haydnwright said:
Milza finally got what he deserved, good riddance to bad rubbish.


I just hoped he`ll suffer more. Because of his actions, 2 of my favorite characters got killed off. Bastard
 
May 4, 2018 5:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 1526
That Milza vs theo duel was great. It sure is that Lord battles are a strong one but theo and army has out strategized them causing Milza's army losing in the end and also Milza has died in that duel...
 
May 4, 2018 7:08 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 5
drama_menck said:
and even though I figured he chose the best strategy to fight being alone, making the way to fight Theo and kills him, I still feel he would know that he would not win against Lassic, so he would not be successful at all

The sally forth tactic is used in real life by defending armies when no better option exists, doing nothing and sitting behind castle walls means the "noose" of the siege slowly tightens around you, the attackers siege works get better, their army grows (while your army stays the same because they block others from joining you), and they get catapults into range of your castle.

Milza could hope to 1) kill more than 10x as much as he loses, then run back into castle to do similar tactic again when rested up and has surprise. (Lassic is currently more in position to guard against others like black queen trying to help Milza from outside, will be some delay for him to try and stop a sally forth from castle itself). Do that enough successfully and Milza could hope to break the siege/demoralise the enemy without even fighting the main army.

Or 2) break out of castle unicorn entirely and go somewheres else to meet up with black queen and regroup.

Or 3) manage to take out the leaders of the attackers including Lassic, and hope with the destroying of enemy crests and loss of their leaders the enemy army would panic and be cut down.

All 3 were long shots, Milza was trapped and he knew it, but he had never lost before so hoped to win against what looked hopeless. As he kept going it just got worse. (He took out perhaps 2 foot soldiers for each of his horsemen killed)
Modified by Davidkay, May 4, 2018 7:28 PM
 
May 4, 2018 8:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 612
Probably marrines regrets selling her pussy now. Lmao
"I hate Loli's being sexualize in animes and you should too"
"Save the Children people"
"Say No to the brain washing of Anime."
 
May 4, 2018 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 55
This week on how to fight like a retard.

Boy oh boy is this the most silly way of warfare I've seen in this series.

What was Mirza's plan? Take his entire army and charge through wave by wave of enemy exhausting himself and the army to get to Cornero? So if he got to him and Cornero denied him of the duel then what? Use his exhausted army to suicide skirmish? lol.

I would have understood if he send the bulk of his army to fight and he led a detachment force. But nope he just straight out make a beeline to suicide. Nice.


 
May 4, 2018 9:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 217
One of the most satisfying deaths in the history of anime. Marrine gave up her purity for nothing but that's none of my business.
Not sure which is more cancerous...The Facebook comment sections or MAL anime reviews.
 
May 4, 2018 9:45 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 13
All I can say, the development of Theo is outstanding!
 
May 4, 2018 10:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 116
Lol Theo beat Milza and Marrine is pissed again at Theo. And she gave her virginity to Milza lmao. What a great business agreement.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
 
May 4, 2018 11:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 546
Great episode. fluid animations and satisfying outcome.


 
May 4, 2018 11:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Finnaly milza die, nice theo
 
May 4, 2018 11:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 34
Finally the moment a lot of us was waiting for. I agree that Marrines reaction was adding more fuel to everyone’s opinion of wanting her dead. The on,y question I have is how did Milza had Villars crest? Did Marrine give it to him or did I miss something in an episode?


My name is not Bai nor do I have a Big Wang!!
 
May 5, 2018 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 902
Frankly, he shouldn't have even made it this far. Milza is incompetent, rash, uncharismatic and violent. He, literally, has zero redeeming qualities for leading. His sense for warfare is awful and would constantly walk face first into an obvious trap. The only thing he could be used as a fear factor or spear point for battle. He can't lead wars, he can't conduct social or political warfare, or anything but fight. It makes no sense having him have made it this far.

This anime, like Beatless, infuriates me with it's constant logical errors. Whether that be melee based combat or political interactions with the world in this. Or science based errors in Beatless. I've said it a million times, because it's such a glaring fucking obvious issue. Milza COULD NOT fight on horseback with a sword that short. It's 1/2 to 3/4 an arm's length at MOST. Taking the general ideal sword for horseback, a Cavalry Saber, which is AT LEAST a meter and then some. His sword is MAYBE 50cm. Not near close enough to a length to decapitate or seriously harm someone on horseback without throwing your balance off or even falling. He couldn't do even close to the damage he does in regular fights let alone cavalry charges in reality, fantasy or not. I could rant about how his magic butter knife seems to separate ridiculous thick plat armor, but that should be self explanatory.

Theo is whole other nightmare, but I think he's such a pisspoor Mary Sue that doesn't even neeed explaining. Also, found it hilarious how the animation quality kept jumping all over the place. From almost decent animated fabio hair blowing in the wind to 4th grader's grass picture. Lastly, instead of shitting on it, the music at the end was pretty good. Though it felt extremely familiar. Probably a Star Wars ripoff or something.
Modified by Yautja, May 5, 2018 1:01 AM





 
May 5, 2018 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 966
Mirza finally dies!!!! Long live Theo Cornaro!!!
A heroic death? That scum had the losers end! Destiny did not choose him!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

 
May 5, 2018 1:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1361
Davidkay said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well apparently in this universe castle defense is not a thing, armor and shields are useless (because of course swords can cut through gambisons and steel... not) and everything is determined by the crest size and the leader's will power. The army numbers play a part but not much. And with small exceptions like flanking n this episode there is no strategy except frontal attacks. No skirmishes no nothing.

Castle defence is a thing. Castle Unicorn is said to be very hard to take. So you start with a siege, then it takes time to build up the manpower and siege works to actually try to breach the castle.

The attackers in a siege need to be spread out in order to stop reinforcements from sneaking into the castle. (If they were all one army, then reinforcements would do a sneak from other side)

The defender has option to sally forth and try to surprise attack each portion of siege separately before they have time to group up. Defenders advantage that they can pick the time for this, they have a small window of surprise, attackers can't stand at 100% ready 24 hours a day, day after day.

Mirza is forced to be very quick because if he takes his time efficiently slaughtering any one group then the rest including the main army under the Lassic will catch up to him and he is too vastly outnumbered for that. So his desperate hope is kill the hero of enemy and hope they despair before the full force of the attacking army can catch up to his much smaller army. He is outnumbered 10 to 1 (but his guys are fast light cavalry).

Light cavalry gain less advantage from being in a castle and more advantage from being mobile in field.

He attacks individual armies of 1000 men which occupy seige forts that surround the castle and have hasty defensive works thrown up to help them deal wwith his army of 5000. He takes losses because he has to hurry before Lassic can catch him with a superior army. He wins each battle but keeps losing army, till finally at the end of duel his entire army is gone as the attackers catch up and swarm them. Even if he had won the duel he lost the war, as he would be alone and tired verses 40,000+ remaining enemy army all around him.

(The tools needed to bring down castle walls are "slower" than regular army, they are either built in field or takes time to bring them to castle. Black queen has probably the fastest version, her "knights", but even they are said to be slower than Lassic's army)

Theo accepted the duel because he won no matter what, all that was needed was to dismount and delay his opponent. Lassic would catch up and win battle even if Theo died. Worst case, both sides lost a "hero" but Lassic won the battle.
Have you seen a siege when the castle was taken down? Also that was a palace not a castle. For one the windows were way to big for a castle. A person should be unable to enter that way. For second the main gates were extremely undefended and the castle walls thin. Also You never go out of the castle when you are under siege to fight where you are in disadvantage. You rain arrows on enemies.
Most of the things you said are completely correct but if you look at the episode where Mirza occupied the "castle" unicorn nothing like this happens. Also in the last fight between Lassic and Mirza, Mirza's sword cuts trough the neck armor with no problems. Also in this episode the first two groups make a wall against a cavalry quick attack. At least they could have made a formation that left less openings. This was known from the time f the romans. Also a shield is an immense defensive and offensive weapon, especially those kite shields, yet Mirza's men have no problem against them. Also apparently no one ever thinks of attacking the completely defenseless horses during a cavalry attack. If you hit the horse in most cases it will collapse over the rider and block everyone else in the process. Here are some examples of defensive shield formations used by both romans and vikings: https://www.google.ro/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.padfield.com%2Fbible-times%2Froman-army%2Fimages%2Froman-army-04.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.padfield.com%2Fbible-times%2Froman-army%2F&docid=Bc-reFSl4O4b_M&tbnid=qcPs1Q2rUWsY1M%3A&vet=10ahUKEwit2f2kl-7aAhWHBywKHbGgDn4QMwg_KAEwAQ..i&w=1024&h=768&bih=748&biw=1536&q=spear%20shield%20formation&ved=0ahUKEwit2f2kl-7aAhWHBywKHbGgDn4QMwg_KAEwAQ&iact=mrc&uact=8 https://www.google.ro/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownloads.bbc.co.uk%2Fkandl%2Factivities%2Fzchf34j%2Fimages%2Fshield_t.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fguides%2Fzqbnfg8&docid=mGn4ybGEzEQcYM&tbnid=dikoCfyyjpktCM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwit2f2kl-7aAhWHBywKHbGgDn4QMwiRAShJMEk..i&w=736&h=414&bih=748&biw=1536&q=spear%20shield%20formation&ved=0ahUKEwit2f2kl-7aAhWHBywKHbGgDn4QMwiRAShJMEk&iact=mrc&uact=8
 
May 5, 2018 1:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1361
SNDT said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Well apparently in this universe castle defense is not a thing, armor and shields are useless (because of course swords can cut through gambisons and steel... not) and everything is determined by the crest size and the leader's will power. The army numbers play a part but not much. And with small exceptions like flanking n this episode there is no strategy except frontal attacks. No skirmishes no nothing.

Who cares about this shit? Just enjoy how naked sluts boosting morale of their soldiers xD
Well I care! This should reflect medieval and ancient war strategies. More exactly the show is based on a number of real people and events mixed in a magic environment. Dartania is in fact the sarazines or the ottomans, Marine represents the Normands, germans,teutonic knights, the red haired chick symbolizes the Norse vikings, the Alliance is european countries during the ottoman invasion. So there is a reason why realism should be a thing.
 
May 5, 2018 1:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1361
G_Aker said:
This week on how to fight like a retard.

Boy oh boy is this the most silly way of warfare I've seen in this series.

What was Mirza's plan? Take his entire army and charge through wave by wave of enemy exhausting himself and the army to get to Cornero? So if he got to him and Cornero denied him of the duel then what? Use his exhausted army to suicide skirmish? lol.

I would have understood if he send the bulk of his army to fight and he led a detachment force. But nope he just straight out make a beeline to suicide. Nice.


No plan. No one apparently considers walling in inside a castle and just do short attacks and skirmishes. Also that is not a castle but a palace. First thing I would have done is cover all those giant windows and reinforce the main gate.
 
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »