Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 29, 2018 8:28 PM

Jan 2018
Eh, Finale was just too boring. Same goes for the show - just fine at best. Glad that this is over to be honest. It just really didn't do it for me.Not a good show but not too bad.

6/10.
Mar 29, 2018 9:05 PM

Jul 2014
I liked the ending, I was fine with it ending up in the middle of the trip, even though episode 9 would have been a better ending. And overall, it was fun, I liked the girls' designs and personalities....although I don't know what Lulu's supposed to bring to the show.
What I didn't like was the master-slave relationship. Satou is a good guy and he treats them well but I didn't like that instead of having a friendlier and closer relationship he was comfortable with being a good " master ".

Nana best girl!

That said, I liked Smartphone more.
SkyLETVMar 30, 2018 7:44 AM
Mar 29, 2018 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
Not ending that i expected, but overall the series is enjoyable and the characters are interesting.
Mar 29, 2018 10:15 PM

Mar 2016
I would say this was a disappointment but wasn't expecting nothing at all, and yet I finished this thing.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 29, 2018 11:26 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
well this train wreck is finally over. I heard decent things about the LN but man this anime made it look so bad. hope it doesnt get a season 2
Mar 30, 2018 2:19 AM

Jan 2008
It's over...finally.

This is the kind of series that doesn't do well with a 12 episode-season. It's more of a consistent long-running series with a high number of episodes like Fairy Tail, without a clear end in sight and having many arcs and OVA/specials in between. In the end it was cut down to this size, a fraction of what it could have been.

The only good things from this series that I liked was the music, the fact that I can now put a voice to the characters when reading the better translated unofficial novels/manga, and the cuter character designs...maybe the menu HUD/UI designs too. Guess the change in item box differing from the manga wasn't bad either, looking more like Doctor Strange spell than a literal black hole square box you stick your hand into. Overall, it visually looked good design-wise, but when taking the time to really look at it, you end up finding more flaws than a mother-in-law coming over for a visit.

The animation itself, on the other hand, was sloppy and not smooth at all, with many times the faces looking like they had crooked smiles or lazy eyes. Maybe they'll fix that for the BD/DVDs, but I doubt it'll look any better.

This looks like it's not getting another season given the direction it went with, ultimately resulting in mixed to poor reviews and average score. I hate to be that obnoxious guy that says "the book was better" but it really is the case for this series. It basically had none of the charms the novel and manga brought like overarching themes, and only served to water it down to make a generic isekai anime for the lowest common denominator. Still salty about making the interesting anatomically correct Wyvern into a boring generic fantasy dragon double-amputee.

I hope it doesn't get a second season, so the author has the time again to go back to writing the novels. If it does get a second season, which I highly doubt it will since this was likely just a promo to get people to buy the books...I hope they replace the director, and get rid of the English subber, as well as the Light Novel Translator (which I've critisized before)...because they've all failed.
Estoy_GordoMar 30, 2018 2:23 AM
Mar 30, 2018 3:51 AM
Jun 2014
What a garbage show, i feel disgusted i let myself get tricked and hyped up by one of Authors on randomc, fucking Zaiden you bloody wanker.

This is what he had to say on episode 1 overview when i basically said "it's another trash isekai show" he fucking compared it to Spice and Wolf

Mar 30, 2018 4:19 AM
Aug 2015
Action: X
Comedy: X
Game: X
Romance: X
Harem: √
Ecchi: √
Boring: √

1/10
Mar 30, 2018 4:52 AM
Apr 2016
so we didnt really got to the fun "hunting fo cooking" parts of the novels :-(
i guess as expected with such a low episode count..

Basically the whole season felt like an intro with teases fo whats to come
Mar 30, 2018 4:53 AM
Jul 2017
First episode was quite impressive and then this show gradually gets quite boring with every episode.All characters are good and MC was ok.
Overall average anim 6/10.
I am also pretty much sure this will have s2 soon.
Mar 30, 2018 5:08 AM
Jun 2016
finally this cringe fest is over

finally not gonna hear hai nano desu again or goshujinsama 10 times every episode

4/10 and that's being super nice cz of the awesome ed
Mar 30, 2018 5:12 AM
Jan 2014
Well the interesting big fight should start on Muno territory if they follow the WN. But as usual the anime must follow the LN and insert that filler arc which didn't exist in the WN.
Not expecting 2nd season. What a shame, because the WN is actually enjoyable to read.
How in the world do they expect this anime to boost LN sales if it's worse than the WN?
Mar 30, 2018 5:15 AM

Dec 2008
PRetty stale show. Al lthe abilities and potential that the mai ncharacter had, and nothing was done with it. 5/10 at best
Mar 30, 2018 5:35 AM

Sep 2015
I still waiting for the perfect Harem/Isekai show but definitely was not this time.

The changes/additions in comparison to the novel helped to screwed it up, but were not crucial.
Mar 30, 2018 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
To be honest, i really enjoyed this anime, even though it is the usual trope for an Isekai. It actually had me interested in the world and really did feel like a game due to the interfaces and the whole "Skill" mechanic, despite the MC being overpowered again, it was fun.

Gonna have to look into the Manga and Light Novel now! :D
Mar 30, 2018 7:21 AM
Aug 2017
Hmm, well I suppose this episode was okay; I would of liked a slightly more eventful or more meaningful ending, but instead, in the first half of the episode, we got an ending to the witches' story, and in the second half of the episode we got a nice and relaxing roundup with all of the main characters. I would of liked it if Zena was featured more in the latter parts of the show, but at least we saw her reading the letter that Satoo sent her at throughout the episode.

Overall I would give this show a 6/10. It was still an entertaining watch but seemed to be lacking something, though I can't quite figure out what that something is
Mar 30, 2018 8:37 AM

Apr 2013
If I hadn't read the Light Novels already and been a fan of this series, I'm sure that I would have rated this show a bit higher, but I can't take back what I already know and have read. This anime adaptation is woefully inferior to the LN, and leaves us wanting more with so many details and explanations left unanswered. 4/10 for the anime adaptation.

For any that enjoyed the show, I highly recommend reading a volume or two of the light novel. It's an infinitely superior experience for sure.
Mar 30, 2018 8:45 AM

Apr 2013
This series is full of problems. So many unnecessary characters joining the party. Nana and Mia to name some. And that resulted to unnecessary arcs/scenes. If only the focus was on world building instead of harem building, we could have gotten much more interesting arcs. Or just straight up copy SAO or Danmachi with MC and Zena as the main characters.

Mar 30, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2012
This was one of the worst shows i have had the misfortune to follow in a long time. what a bore. and the lack of completion with ANY of the girls by the lame jerk main character was beyond frustrating it was downright bizarre. the Creator/writer must be a really strange person and the studio that chose to make this trash is also a very sad place. The scene in the wagon was predictable in that there is no way anyone in the show would ever have any real happiness because the main character is a total wimp, this really was a waste of time. Glad everyone else saw it too.

Mar 30, 2018 10:06 AM

Mar 2009
I kinda liked this series not the best in the world but I rather re-watch this than Sword art or Macross delta. But making it 12 episodes is not doing it justice because they skip so much from the novel. I hope for a season 2 becuse it was a nice series to enjoy if I wanted to watch something dark and serious I would go watch fullmetal alchemist brotherhood or Durarara.

I give this a 7/10 not the best but I enjoyed it I seen far worse like attack on tits and Sword or that super F-up anime about a dude making girls cum so they can keep fighting O.o WTF.
Mar 30, 2018 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
Honestly as someone who loves the actual novel mainly the web novel this show doesn't do it justice it just felt so plain and bland but still ok overall though and anyone who first watched the show than reading the novel don't let it deter you from actually reading it.
Toshihiro_ChrisApr 26, 2019 2:05 AM
Mar 30, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2018
This anime is really hard to rate. Even though it was pretty bad and didn't really have a story I still enjoyed it.
Mar 30, 2018 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
I don't know what the point of this anime was... I remember thinking, going back to the first episode, that it was going to be something more akin to 'Quanzhi Gaoshou' aka 'The King's Avatar', with the whole prologue about how the MC has a 'Death March' job as a game creator. I figured we'd continually jump back and forth between the game world and the real world. Well, nope. And instead, we just sort of wound up with a mundane, slice of life scenario. There were a few goals that needed accomplishing, and they were, relatively easily. There was never any sense of an arc, or of an over-arching plot. For what it was, it was an extremely passive watch. And probably relatively forgettable.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Mar 30, 2018 11:53 AM

Mar 2009
Something that puzzles me is people who hate this anime so much why did you even watch it to the end ?

I mean for me 2-3 episodes is often what I need to see if it is an anime I like or not heck some times even one episode is enough.

Do you hate your self so much you force your self to watch it to the end so you then later can sit on the internet and spew your hate so damn much to people than don´t give a shit about what you think ?
Mar 30, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2013
Such a let down after a promising first couple episodes, then it gets really boring. What a waste of powers, the MC is supposed to be strong like super strong but it seems like he doesn't his true power and how to use it correctly. 12 episode but nothing exciting really happened they should add harem and slice of life tags tho. I normally enjoy fantasy anime but this one is such a let down. I've been waiting for this series from the start. Well it's pretty enjoyable still in some aspects i like how family oriented the MC is and i like the friendly atmosphere around him.

Overall score 6/10, could've been better if it's more story driven arc.
Mar 30, 2018 3:01 PM
Feb 2016
Great animation, bad history :(
Mar 30, 2018 4:55 PM

Nov 2017
vaizard12 said:
Anyone knows which part of the web novel should I start after episode 12?

I've only read the LN,but if you are interested in it further,I'd really start from the beginning,as there was a good bit missed out in the anime from the LN,but if you want to continue on with Satou and Co,go for vol 3,roughly around page 183(titled The Mystery of the Bundle of Papers)which,tbh,is more or less the end of vol 3 :)-though it may be a bit confusing,which is why I advise to read from the start.
Hope that helps

And I know a lot of people thought this show was boring or some such,but sorry,I liked it,,as they say,each to their own.
For me it was nice and relaxing,in the same way that Isekai Shokudou was=not much story or arc,just a nicely paced,free roaming SOL,though I do note that both had excellent op/ed tracks.
StarhammerMar 30, 2018 5:00 PM
Mar 30, 2018 5:23 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Thank god this bad anime is over !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 30, 2018 5:42 PM

Jan 2017
Seems like the ending left us with flex options to either permanently end there or continue on.

Mar 30, 2018 10:03 PM

Dec 2017
They didn't even finish their journey though.

Instead they opted for fanservice scenes.
"Welcome to the new generation, where fanboys are easy to gain and will defend devs no matter what they possibly do."
Mar 30, 2018 10:33 PM

Mar 2009
An absolutely forgettable show. I wasted my time.

This MC has to be one of the most boring MCs out there. Even Kirito has more of a personality than Satou. Self-insert, wish-fulfillment trash.
Mar 30, 2018 11:24 PM

Oct 2008
Oh...okay...so that's it?
quite an unsatisfying last episode of S1?
any chance of S2?
LOL at the sexual innuendos like touching the boob and licking the fingers!
4/5.
6/10.

Mar 31, 2018 12:51 AM

Feb 2012
I felt the series probably should've wrapped up at episode 9. The last 3 episodes were more of a very anti-climatic send-off that didn't really encourage any hype for another season.

Overall, I found the series predictably enjoyable. Nothing groundbreaking, although I do appreciate they found a way to utilize the OP main character for more than just 1-hitting everything (problem solving via non-violent methods).

7/10.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Mar 31, 2018 3:46 AM

Jan 2014
pretty lame ending, if you ask me.
Isekai Smartphone are better at ending the finale.

I think they also skipped many part, it's a little bit rushed, I think. still, it's pretty fun to watch.
Mar 31, 2018 4:20 AM

Jan 2016
An okay episode; I've seen worse endings, and it was kinda conclusive. Overall, I don't know what appeals to me about the show, but I'd give it a 7/10.

Also, that Potter guy's laugh at the end. Gahahahahhaha!

Mar 31, 2018 5:01 AM

Jul 2015
I said it before I think, but this was pretty trashy... Still enjoyed it anyway, more than I thought I would, plus it ended on a MUCH better note than a certain series featuring another Garbage Tier OP MC with a Cell Phone... AS IN HE WASN'T TRYING TO PICK HIS FAVORITE GIRL AS A FINALE... In comparison, this was actually pretty good. The only reason THIS Garbage MC here ain't do nothing with the girls was because 90% of them were underage, SO HE HAD AN ACTUAL REASON. Which is something I actually like about this series, he probably would have gone further had they been older, hell he seemed pretty interested in grabbing the Homunculus girl this episode and managed to get some action like 2 times throughout the series. He wasn't running from that to keep the Harem in check... If I had to name one other good thing about this anime... it would be Furry Lolis... They were adorable, and the only reason I really came back every week... 6/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 31, 2018 11:42 AM
Oct 2016
9 episodes of ANime followed the first 2 novels and the 10-12 episodes adapted from 3rd volumes there were changes,something was cut off which was the action part and added something new.I really liked the series it met my expectation but it kinda bother me,these changes
Mar 31, 2018 12:56 PM

Jun 2013
Last Episode of the Anime let's see where this goes.

Well, looks like Satou and co. are going to ruin certain Viceroy's day.....Ah, should have guessed that they try something like this...I hope tough that Satou rids off this Moustache-Yarou....and like always Satou is step ahead.

Well....Count start to show them who is the boss, but Satou takes the show...well children don't need to see execution...

Laughed Nana Scene....oh man....

well....this was....Ok series, life series rather than just adventure Isekai.....I give this 7/10...this was nice past time...
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 31, 2018 4:46 PM

Apr 2016
Decent ending, yes its generic but as long as the MC is OP as fuck I always enjoyed it.

Can't say much more.
8/10
Why do we have to live in such a cruel world?

Mar 31, 2018 4:55 PM

Mar 2012
Not really much to say about it. It's basically a time-killer with few ups and downs because we know the MC will coast through everything. Weird that they finally presented what I think is the main plot at the end--Satou was likely summoned here as a hero and if there's a second season we'll probably see the crew encounter some trickier obstacles.
Apr 1, 2018 1:32 AM

Jun 2013
i didnt notice it was the last episode until i saw the wrap up and recap, thats how weird the last episode was.

i wont mind a season 2, but if it doesnt happen it wont affect me
Apr 1, 2018 3:43 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly this was just another one of those dull and tedious isekai shows where nothing really happens. The MC's personality is incredibly bland and boring just like the author he is based on. And as if that wasn't enough he has this annoying and whiny feminine voice of Shun Horie. Seriously when will Shun Horie hit puberty?

Anyways personally I like OP MCs but what is the point when there is not even that much action to justify that. Instead the fights felt lame and there are more freaking scenes with the MC acquiring skills, secondary characters talking about meat and other meaningless things. Furthermore the story only picked like in last few episodes so there isn't much to talk about apart from some fanservice. I mean don't get me wrong. It's a good show if you just want to kill some time. But it's not the right show if you are expecting an interesting plot or likeable characters.
Apr 2, 2018 1:39 AM

Sep 2008
I actually like how chill this show was and how it took it's time to explain the mechanics when the MC experimented with things. It was kind of boring near the middle but the first and last bunch of episodes were nice. I would've liked it more if there wasn't such an obvious harem. Maybe if they had at least one other male character and removed a couple of the female characters like Lulu and Arisa.
Apr 3, 2018 3:46 PM

Jun 2016
Hmm, this anime could be way better. They didn't utilize these 12 episodes on character development or atleast ending episodes to build up a promising story.
It hurts me to give it low ratings ( considering the hard work animators put into it ), but yeah 6/10
Apr 6, 2018 11:15 PM
Oct 2012
For some reason I thought this show had 24 episodes, but now I find out that the 12th episode was it. Not only that but there's no conclusion, they just essentially stopped the show without any sort of resolution to anything at all. Just a lot of build up with his relationship and everything he was learning with his abilities.

It's extremely annoying when animes do end without any resolution or true conclusion, especially when they have so much potential that was teased for later on.
Apr 8, 2018 12:40 PM
Nov 2011
Meh.
Nothing more.

Oh, and I won't read novel or whatever bullshit was advertised. If that was an ad then you couldn't make it worse.
Apr 12, 2018 8:42 AM

May 2009
AntwanMantilla said:
well this train wreck is finally over. I heard decent things about the LN but man this anime made it look so bad. hope it doesnt get a season 2

Trainwrecks are exciting and full unexpected events, this was borefest and played safe lnshit.
Apr 17, 2018 3:52 PM
Jan 2017
Overall the show was great, it was basically just the same stuff as another world w/ my smartphone, but with a much much bigger harem. I especially liked the lil minor puppy characters in the show which were super cute. great show, but I hope season 2 gets better
Apr 21, 2018 12:10 AM

Aug 2014
SegmentZ said:
What a garbage show, i feel disgusted i let myself get tricked and hyped up by one of Authors on randomc, fucking Zaiden you bloody wanker.

This is what he had to say on episode 1 overview when i basically said "it's another trash isekai show" he fucking compared it to Spice and Wolf

"Its not like any other isekai" they said.
"Its not harem, its more like Family settings"they said.

Shame.
I guess it was just bad adaptation. Well either way i doubt i would even get slightly impressed if i went ahead read the novel with that stereotypes and uncertain story.

It might as well follow Adventure/Slice of life but it isnt... Death march isnt exactly the best tittle to describe the whole lul summary
Apr 21, 2018 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
Overall I liked the series but the last episode was okay. I would like if a second season is made.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

84 by ag_ »»
Sep 23, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2018

119 by SS_S »»
Aug 25, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2018

148 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 20, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

272 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 20, 8:46 AM

» Why such a low rating? ( 1 2 )

KazuroWeisemann - Jan 28, 2018

86 by Kaneki456 »»
Jul 29, 5:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.