That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 9, 2018 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
I don't place inherent value based on animal vs human alone. It depends on the person and that animal.
Mar 9, 2018 8:25 PM

Oct 2014
Look at these faces and tell me you can't fall in love with em.

Mar 9, 2018 8:26 PM

Feb 2018
Not really, I value them both the same, because if you think about it, humans are also animals just more evolved ;/
Mar 9, 2018 8:31 PM

Apr 2011
I like to go to google first and check which one is more likely to go extinct.
Mar 9, 2018 8:36 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
No, I value human life more but that doesn't give me or other people excuse to abuse animals. One day if certain species evolve to the point where their intelligence is close to ours I believe they should be give equal rights.
Mar 9, 2018 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Animals love you unconditionally, but humans can easily hurt you. Everytime I'm around my dog, I feel good inside. And the same thing goes for good interactions with humans as well, but humans can also hurt each other, even if it's not intentional. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I value animals more than humans. But I do value the interaction, whether it's with an animal or a human, that produces the nicest feels.
Mar 9, 2018 8:49 PM

Dec 2013
i think i probably value human lives more. by just a little

i dont hate animals by any means, i am like most other people and would really rather not see any animals be hurt in any way. but im not too in love with them either, i dont like raising pets or going to the zoo

149597871 said:
No, I value human life more but that doesn't give me or other people excuse to abuse animals. One day if certain species evolve to the point where their intelligence is close to ours I believe they should be give equal rights.

^ yep
Mar 9, 2018 8:54 PM

Oct 2014
(More serious response)

I don't value them more than people. But I do care for them more than most people. My own pets are my own fur babies, I must nurture and protect them. No one is allowed to hurt my fur babies.

And when in the context of pets as a whole, they are generally speaking safer to approach. Pets unless under abuse tend to be very loving, affectionate, honest and friendly creatures. People however can grow up totally fine and still turn out to be manipulative, uncaring and dishonest individuals.

So I suppose my priority of care works like this.

Close Friends > My Puppers > Other Puppers > Other People
Mar 9, 2018 8:59 PM

Jul 2014
No, I place my species above others. I place my race above others as well. It's just human nature, whether you admit it or not. It's just the bias we were born with. I mean if I had a connection with a dog, more than I had one with you. Then yes I'd value my dog more than I value your life.
Mar 9, 2018 9:11 PM

Mar 2015
I do not put value on either. We are all living AND a waste of space in this huge universe.

If I had to value one more though, it'd be animals. Human lives matter too, but animals can't start nuclear wars and kill everyone.
woah there
Mar 9, 2018 9:28 PM

Mar 2012
Humans are the worse creatures in existence so I value animal life more than human life. All humans should just die and hand over the planet to animals and nature.
Mar 10, 2018 12:15 AM

Jan 2017
100% animals over humans I didn't even have to think about it.

Mar 10, 2018 12:16 AM

Jan 2017

Mar 10, 2018 12:37 AM

Feb 2016
Depends. I value my cats more than a random person on the street.
Mar 10, 2018 1:03 AM

Sep 2011
If we've been put on a life or death situation, of course I'd value human life. But other than that, I prefer caring animals more.

Mar 10, 2018 1:27 AM

Dec 2015
It's not set in stone for all humans and animals, depends on what relation the human or the animal has to me.

xx0:44 ─🔘────────────── 04:44x
xxxxxxxxx ❚❚ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mar 10, 2018 1:35 AM
Jul 2018
Don't really care but animals don't piss me off as often as humans seems to love doing, so I'll probably care more about a animal than some boring useless stranger or acquaintance outside.
Mar 10, 2018 1:37 AM

Sep 2017
i value humans more..humans are more intelligent but idk
hi,i like you.
Mar 10, 2018 1:37 AM

Sep 2017
i value humans more..humans are more intelligent but idk
hi,i like you.
Mar 10, 2018 1:39 AM

Oct 2017
J_LEE_C said:

What type of humans are we discussing about?
Mar 10, 2018 1:59 AM

Apr 2013
Pets are brainless, humans are intelligent. I can have jazz sessions with humans, I can learn math with humans, I can play sports with humans, have conversations with humans, and so on.

Pets? Feed and pet them. Like come on, fuck that.
Mar 10, 2018 3:21 AM

Aug 2015
no.

animals can't give me what will make my life meaningful.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Mar 10, 2018 3:32 AM

Oct 2015
I value humans much more than I do animals. Humans are intelligent. I can engage in serious conversations, I can talk about my hobbies etc. while my cat rolls around, eats, sleeps and that's about it. Don't get me wrong I like my cat too but I think I'd save my best friend if I could only save one.
Mar 10, 2018 3:38 AM

Aug 2017
Animals over humans because most of them aren't retards
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2018 3:54 AM

Feb 2015
Ehta said:
I do not put value on either. We are all living AND a waste of space in this huge universe.

If I had to value one more though, it'd be animals. Human lives matter too, but animals can't start nuclear wars and kill everyone.
We must be some terrible shit stains, to occupy only a small space inside this vast universe and still be considered a waste of space.
Mar 10, 2018 3:59 AM
Mar 2018
Yes, Because they give unconditional love
Mar 10, 2018 4:00 AM

Apr 2016
Nope, because animals belongs on the table (well most of them, not all of them ofc).

Alsot admit it OP, you know what kind of discussion you're creating here with that topic.
Mar 10, 2018 4:09 AM

Dec 2016
No. Humans > machines > animals. Eventually we will be able to crete machines that love us unconditionally. I mean, what does an animal even do besides eat, sleep, shit and breed? Okay, the Navy's war dolphins are pretty cool, I might make an exception for them. Specially since they are more intelligent than primates. :3

Mar 10, 2018 4:22 AM

Feb 2014
animals > humans 100%
gotta defend those who cant defend themselves
literally a few days ago i read about two guys dragging a kitten along the road with their car and it made me wanna throw up. humans are the worst but babies and kids need saving too so i guess animals/babies > adults in terms of priority
Mar 10, 2018 4:41 AM

Nov 2016
Ehta said:

I can't control the urge to point out the contradiction in 'waste of space in a huge universe'.

Animals can't save millions of people or even animals by discovering a cure for a fatal illness.

notebook said:
animals > humans 100%
literally a few days ago i read about two guys dragging a kitten along the road with their car and it made me wanna throw up. humans are the worst but babies and kids need saving too so i guess animals/babies > adults in terms of priority

I've read stories of a tiger goring about 400 people to death. Similar stories told of other animals too.

Yukitaze said:
Animals over humans because most of them aren't retards

Most of who aren't retards?

kosikfl said:
Yes, Because they give unconditional love

Try not to feed your pets, and see how unconditional this love is.

Kyoumo said:
Don't really care but animals don't piss me off as often as humans seems to love doing, so I'll probably care more about a animal than some boring useless stranger or acquaintance outside.

How many animals do you interact with daily as compared to humans?

--------------------------

Now, to all the people I've quoted and some more that I didn't: your preference for animals is either indicative of a harmful sentimentality or self-inflicted loneliness or, the all-encompassing, stupidity. If you prefer your pets for their 'unconditional love', then you're only expressing your desire to be treated like a God, without having deserved even a fraction of that treatment. I know the fatuous appeal of being praised and loved constantly, without reservations, but please don't be so explicit with that; it's nauseating.

If you prefer your pets because humans are cruel, then I should point out how dishonoring and ungrateful that is to all the people who are actually doing good. You may have been bullied, or neglected, and that has made you distrustful of your fellow humans, but most of this distrust is a self-fulfilling prophecy -- it feeds itself. Learn to fight your excuses.

Others reasons aren't even worth addressing.
Mar 10, 2018 4:49 AM

May 2016
Silly YM,

Humans eat animals.And they will eat the animals.

Silly YM
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Mar 10, 2018 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
Swagernator said:
Nope, because animals belongs on the table (well most of them, not all of them ofc).

Alsot admit it OP, you know what kind of discussion you're creating here with that topic.
It is just a topic that came up in a conversation yesterday, so I decided to make a thread of it. The people who make no sense to me at all are the ones who go "I'll kill the people who abuse animals." But how is killing the person a sensible solution? And well, they are just animals. So, I was wondering why people care so much about them and having them not get hurt, when they eat them and such....
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Mar 10, 2018 7:11 AM

Feb 2014
notebook said:
animals > humans 100%

Thanakos said:
I've read stories of a tiger goring about 400 people to death. Similar stories told of other animals too.

and..?? only psycho humans purposely kill for entertainment..animals kill to eat/defend themselves from other animals and humans
even if a fox kills a chicken for fun we're smarter than animals yet humans still kill for fun and we have no excuse for it as we have higher intelligence
animals are here just tryna survive and humans take their land and kill their food sources and then think they have the right to complain when an animal fights back lol
Mar 10, 2018 7:19 AM

Apr 2017
Not generally. But I value some animals above some humans.
Mar 10, 2018 8:01 AM

Dec 2017
I value the one who values me. And at this point I'm 100% sure that animals (my pet) values me more and I've been so sad these days because one of my pets passed away.
Mar 10, 2018 8:28 AM

Nov 2016
notebook said:
notebook said:
animals > humans 100%

Thanakos said:

and..?? only psycho humans purposely kill for entertainment..animals kill to eat/defend themselves from other animals and humans
even if a fox kills a chicken for fun we're smarter than animals yet humans still kill for fun and we have no excuse for it as we have higher intelligence
animals are here just tryna survive and humans take their land and kill their food sources and then think they have the right to complain when an animal fights back lol

Orcas, arguably the smartest ocean creature, sometimes kills entirely for sport. Moreover, they often also play with their hunt, kicking it with their tail and then catching it mid-air -- all for fun. Champanzees, on their inter-tribe invasions and rebellions against the tribal leader, are known to cannibalize, for no reason other than to instill fear or perhaps, again, for fun. It seems that violence plotted against intelligence assumes a bell-shape curve, but I digress. Clearly, these smart animals are on par with our psychopaths. And whereas we have a whole species of psychopathic animals (forgive me for being too terse here), we only have a small fraction of psychopaths in humans. Yet, you choose the former over the latter.

You should watch National Geographic, Discovery, and BBC Earth, a little more.
Mar 10, 2018 8:37 AM
Aug 2017
I value them equally, to be honest...
Mar 10, 2018 8:41 AM

Nov 2014
Inphyy said:
Animals love you unconditionally, but humans can easily hurt you. Everytime I'm around my dog, I feel good inside. And the same thing goes for good interactions with humans as well, but humans can also hurt each other, even if it's not intentional. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I value animals more than humans. But I do value the interaction, whether it's with an animal or a human, that produces the nicest feels.

There are other animals than dogs you know?
Mar 10, 2018 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
I value my loved one's lives more than an animal's life
For anyone else, I see their life and an animal's life equally

The only animals I really care for are dogs though
I always cry when the dog dies in movies
It takes a lot of character development for me to cry over a human's death in movies
Mar 10, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
I care for my collie Ruby as she is beautiful however I wouldn't put more love into people just because they deserve it due to the fact that they have more brain cells... this is a hard question, animals don't wage war however people have...
Mar 10, 2018 7:30 PM

Apr 2013
I value people who value animals more less than animals.
Mar 10, 2018 7:45 PM

Sep 2014
I probably value both equally if I have no relation or knowledge of either, but if it's a situation where say, it's one of my pets over a stranger, I would value my pet more.
Mar 10, 2018 7:53 PM

Jun 2015
cats > cat boys > dog boys > boys > any female

Mar 11, 2018 3:45 AM

Nov 2011
I think my priority scale is like this :
Myself > People/animal I love or respect > Random children > Random animal > Random people (adult)
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 11, 2018 4:25 AM
Jul 2018
Not really but it depends. For example, I would value my pet over any stranger.
Mar 11, 2018 7:23 AM

Dec 2016
I wouldn't want to hurt anyone who does no harm, and seeing people/animals that did nothing harmful get killed is... not a pleasing sight. If they are going to kill the animal, then make food out of it. It's more of that thought that scares me, that they will be a waste.
"Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."
Mar 11, 2018 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
I honestly can't believe some of the answers in this thread. Are you people for real?

Jim_Heart said:
I think my priority scale is like this :
Myself > People/animal I love or respect > Random children > Random animal > Random people (adult)
@Ehta @notebook
You're handed a gun and are locked in a room with a dog and a random human adult. You are being told that you now have to kill either the adult or the dog, or else someone close to you will die.

You're telling me that you'd shoot the adult?

Weirdo47 said:
I value them equally, to be honest...
@Lessa
A dog and a human are drowning in a lake and you can only save one. You're telling me that you wouldn't mind flipping a coin to decide who you save?

Maou_heika said:
Humans are the worse creatures in existence so I value animal life more than human life. All humans should just die and hand over the planet to animals and nature.
Maybe you should break the first ground then, mate.

Polychrome said:
I value people who value animals more less than animals.
The correct answer.

This thread is weird, I'm just going to assume that more than half of the people who say "animals > humans" or "animals = humans" are just terrible confused and don't realize what the implications of such statements are. Or maybe they're legitimate psychopaths.
Railey2Mar 11, 2018 8:15 AM
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Mar 11, 2018 8:23 AM

Feb 2014
Railey2 said:
@notebook
You're handed a gun and are locked in a room with a dog and a random human adult. You are being told that you now have to kill either the adult or the dog, or else someone close to you will die.

im confused where did i say id be okay with shooting a person? this thread is about which do i value more...and i prefer my dogs over people
Mar 11, 2018 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
notebook said:
Railey2 said:
@notebook

im confused where did i say id be okay with shooting a person? this thread is about which do i value more...and i prefer my dogs over people

I, too, never said I'd be alright with shooting a person. I also said that human lives matter too. I just value animals more.
woah there
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Are video games a waste of time and money??

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

49 by vasipi4946 »»
7 minutes ago

» Favorite animal?

Metalboy76 - 17 minutes ago

2 by Serafos »»
10 minutes ago

» Do Americans reproduce by mitosis?

Dije - 35 minutes ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
14 minutes ago

» What do you smell like?

Theonewhorules - Feb 17, 2022

46 by JaniSIr »»
18 minutes ago

» I should get free bread every time I go to City Hall

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

14 by vasipi4946 »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.