Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 23, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2015
Is it over this way ???????????
I really enjoyed it but :(
what did they mean by " I hope to see again sometimes , somewhere " at the end of the episode , does that mean it's farewell ? .... please no
no hopes for season 2 ?
Dec 23, 2017 7:51 PM

Sep 2017
nooo they couldnt get together

this episode was fun, with them going out to ski.
Dec 23, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
Fun episode starting with casts taking a trip to ski resort. No real confession as expected due to the Manager's terrible timing and Maika being dense as usual. lol Miu is observant as always to find new materials for her doujins and Hideri getting covered by snow. Love Maika's "I love you" line with her sadistic face.

On the last part that shows how the staffs were hired starting with Akizuki and Kaho were very shy to each other. Afterwards, the scene with the manager "scouting" Mafuyu almost looked like he kidnapped her to work for the cafe. xd Quite fitting to have a Christmas finale as it's almost Christmas Day.

I'm going to miss this slice-of-life anime and these characters. I really love the art style and the comedic moments such as Maika's scary face throughout throughout the whole season. That OP theme song will remain one of my all time favorites. I would totally buy a complete season blu-ray of this anime.
SilentSnakeDec 23, 2017 8:31 PM

Credit to Hihanteki
Dec 23, 2017 8:23 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lol Mafuyu slapping Kaho's butt lol
That confession was so sweet, too bad Mafuyu fell asleep. But at least she got princess carried :)
Dino recruiting Mafuyu was priceless ~
Overall best Fall show this year and very cute. Really hope for a season 2, all the characters were full of life. It's a perfect show to watch when you come home tired and just want to laugh at the stuff that occurs.
So in the end 8/10, very enjoyable from start to finish.

Dec 23, 2017 8:53 PM
Feb 2017
That was a great finale. That post credits scene felt very disjointed though with the entering stile, the the train station scene, then the end card, it was as if they couldn’t decide how they wanted to end it. Aside from that, I really loved the show and hope they make a second season.
Dec 23, 2017 8:54 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale to an exceptional Slice of Life show, in my opinion. Personally, this is one of my favorite Slice of Life shows which I enjoyed and laughed throughout the course of the show. Hopefully, we will get a Second Season of Blend S in the near upcoming future so fingers crossed for that. 🤞

In this final episode, it was nice and comforting to see the whole Stile staff wander off to a skiing area and their usual and typical behaviors there. Hideri, xD, just proved himself to be more of a boy there than his female side. Mafuyu was a pro as always and I didn’t expect the Manager to know how to skate too since he really is a hardcore Otaku. Moving on, the confession scene was just hilarious! All the buildup to it and then Maika simply dozed off. What’s more hilarious was Maika’s answer to that in her dreams. Gah, good laughter. Dino, on the other hand, blaming God for his bad timing was spot on by Akizuki too and hence hilarious too. Best moment of the show goes to the final scene though where we finally got to know how the opening trio staff came together along with the ridiculous entrance of Mafuyu too. Dino, simply the mvp. The last minute of the episode though kind of reminded me of Angel Beats for some reason. Meh, I liked the way they ended with Maika bumping into Dino and they recalled going through the same experience during their first encounter. Great stuff!

As for the whole show in general, there was not much progression in terms of the Storyline/Plot Development but a little bit of Character Developments which was a great and wonderful experience. Each episode basically had its own story to share and the others not really interconnected. It was nice to see Maika x Dino ship steadily but slowly moving and with all of the Dino’s priceless funny moments. Maika, usually taking it in the wrong way, would do something out of the blue to make it all the more hilarious. Ah, those were just gold. I’m a little disappointed that the additional cast didn’t receive as much time as I wished, such as Maika’s family for instance, but it was fine nevertheless. In terms of the Sound Department, it was brilliant and, in terms of the Art/Animation, it was simply top notch. As for Personal Enjoyment, it was just a touch away from a straight 10 so it was definitely an enjoyable ride.

- Storyline/Plot Developments: 7/10
- Characterization/Character Developments: 8/10
- Sound Department: 8.5/10
- Art/Animation: 9.5/10
- Personal Enjoyment: 9.5/10

-> Overall: 8.4/10, but I’ll award it a 9 nonetheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 23, 2017 8:55 PM
Feb 2017
dsuper said:
Definitely need a second season. Although, the creation of new situations inside the café itself would be quite a challenge for the writers in order to not make the series repetitive and boring for the audience, sure there's a lot of possibilities for developing the relationship between the couples themselves, that could be the centre of a second season.

PS: Miu x Hideri es definetily happening
Wouldn’t Miu x Hideri be pedophilia? She’s an adult who’s at least in her mid 20s and older and he’s like a middle or high school kid
Dec 23, 2017 9:00 PM
Dec 2017
LAPX said:
dsuper said:
Definitely need a second season. Although, the creation of new situations inside the café itself would be quite a challenge for the writers in order to not make the series repetitive and boring for the audience, sure there's a lot of possibilities for developing the relationship between the couples themselves, that could be the centre of a second season.

PS: Miu x Hideri es definetily happening
Wouldn’t Miu x Hideri be pedophilia? She’s an adult who’s at least in her mid 20s and older and he’s like a middle or high school kid

According to the Wikia (which doesn't mention any source at all [maybe was posted in a magazine of something like that] she's (Miu) 22. Still "less" illegal than Maika and Dino, who are 16 and 26, respectively, and still, they are the main couple :D
Dec 23, 2017 10:35 PM

May 2015
srsly people still minding ages in anime in 2017

i'll miss the opening theme tbh
cheers for another season
Dec 23, 2017 10:47 PM

Jul 2014
Nice ending and pretty funny anime overall.

I started liking Maika and ended up loving Kaho...I need more Kaho.

Hoping for a second season!

Damn it I'm already missing the opening :'(
Dec 23, 2017 11:52 PM

Mar 2016
This last episode is wonderful. A skiing trip and a bathhouse scenes is a true anime classic (With new experience for me cuz I've never seen a trap bathing with other normal male characters before)...

In the end, the Manager did confess to Maika, but even if Maika was not sleeping. She would not fully understand that the Manager romantically loves her. At least I hope one day (preferably 2 years from that timeline cuz by then Maika will be 18) They would fall in love with each other romantically...

Also some more cute scenes about Akizuki X Kaho including their first meeting... It's good that I do not have to worry about their relationship because due to their age (love between both is more possible not because I think a relationship with that age gap is not possible) and the fact that they always interact with each other seamlessly means that they will surely be on the same romantic ship.

IMO Blend S is the best anime this season, the characters traits and interactions AND the quality of the animation itself (as expected from A1 pictures) are beautiful.

Dec 24, 2017 4:11 AM

Nov 2015
if you don't know what to do,obviously you take loli home:D After this ep i feel like i would like more scenes before Maika joined in.
Best anime to enjoy this season is easily this one.
Dec 24, 2017 7:37 AM

Jun 2008
Fun episode, but the ending killed it. Would have been an 8 for me, but that junk end dropped the series down to a 7. At least pair someone up at the end ffs.
Signature Here.
Dec 24, 2017 8:03 AM

Jul 2009
For the end it was kinda weak, the other episodes were funnier, manager x Maika's romance was not my thing, but the anime was really fun.
7/10
Dec 24, 2017 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
The ending was a bit disappointing but the entire anime was still good.

Season 2 looks like it's possible because the memes made this anime popular as hell
Dec 24, 2017 9:39 AM

Nov 2011
Really enjoyed this finale. Hideri had me in fucking tears the whole episode

Miu had me rolling too when she wanted to put Hideri in a story about stomach punching LOL.

I think this deserves another season. We need to get closure for some of the ships we had for realz!

The end was nice, Maika was able to give a pure smile which I enjoyed.

Overall I really enjoyed this anime from beginning to end. 10/10 ion my book easily.

Oh and that ending/opening song with the entire cast singing was awesome. I need that in my life.
SoraSenpaiDec 24, 2017 9:51 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 24, 2017 12:18 PM

Aug 2013
This was a nice finale with the characters enjoying their trip.

The manager was finally able to confess his love. Too bad Maika fell asleep.

The way the manager recruited Mafuyu was funny.

A great show overall and one of my favourites this season. Hope it gets a second season. 8/10.

Dec 24, 2017 12:30 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
A nice finale. Maika in braids was especially great. Hideri's faces and attempts to woo others was also hilarious.

Aw man I'm going to miss this show. I wasn't even aware of it until episode 4, but I fell in love after episode 1 and watched the rest immediately afterward.

This was so comfy cozy. I always enjoy a good cafe show anyway. This definitely tops the list as one of the best. The comedy was great, art style was very appealing, and the characters were really charming. I pray that we get a second season soon! If the Japanese art community is anything to go by, Japanese fans really really like this show. Hopefully that means strong sales.

See you then Stile! 9/10
Dec 24, 2017 2:10 PM

Jul 2015
Final episode, the whole group goes out to play in the snow, snowboarding shenanigans, baths, and confessions to a sleeping person... and then confessions in a way that won't help the relationship grow at all in any meaningful way... of course... I didn't expect anything anyway, they're all pretty much losers... but a man can still wish...

In the end, the only thing I really got out of this was a pretty sweet opening theme, a decent use of my massive amount of free time, and a meme. 7/10. I actually had a lot of fun with this and would totally sit through a second time.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 24, 2017 2:19 PM

Jan 2010
"M-m-m-m-m-maika!"
Gonna miss that flamboyant and obsessed Dino. Such a klutz that one.
Mafuyu is adorable as usual. I'm definitely going to cosplay as her when Sakura-con comes around in March! I'll miss the cast and hoping it could get a 2nd season? But even if it doesn't, I will still re-watch the series when I want to watch something lax and cute haha

Dec 24, 2017 3:49 PM
Oct 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
This was a pretty fun finale. Everyone had a good time at the skiing trip. The manager confessed his feelings to Maika, but she didn't hear him because she was sleeping. It was funny to watch how the manager scouted Mafuyu, he literally carried her to the cafe xD. Pretty good show overall. There were some funny moments.
He Stoled a loli lol
Dec 24, 2017 3:51 PM
Oct 2017
Too bad most people will forget this anime one or two seasons from now so sad
Dec 24, 2017 3:56 PM

Aug 2016
Aw, that was pleasant. The whole idea to use a "ski-trip" episode was pretty nice, and I thought there were some solid interactions all throughout. Wish that Dino and Maika had actually expressed their full feelings to one another, but not doing so seems to be a trend in these types of seasonal series.

All and all, it was a nice series, though I wish it could have been a little more.
Dec 24, 2017 5:30 PM
Mar 2016
The End, sheeees, still no panty flash nor any boob flashes
Dec 24, 2017 5:59 PM

Oct 2015
It was a fun series, there were times where I'm just not into it but it's still pretty fun :) Hoped they also gave more focus on Hideri. I just find him really funny and when he first appeared in the series was my favorite episode. Can't get enough of his hilariously stupid duck face and antics. 7/10
Dec 24, 2017 8:29 PM

Feb 2013
This was a very fun watch. It was super cute, had some good laughs, and I had a good time watching it. I hope to see more of this show.

8/10
Dec 24, 2017 8:58 PM

Sep 2015
Blend-S Overall Impressions:

Back when I was planning what I wanted to watch for Fall 2017, I initially dismissed Blend-S because I thought it would be a pretty generic slice of life anime with unique flavor. Being the open person I am, I did end up giving the anime one episode, and I really liked what I watched. Cute girls working as maids acting in a different persona to serve customers in a maid cafe was something I thought had some nice potential for interesting character development.

All that potential somewhat squanders in favor for comedy by the end. I did not mind this much though, as many of the jokes, gags, and characters did entertain pretty often thanks to their maid personalities. Hideri is the best girl, being the one that I often gets the most laughs from, but unfortunately the least screen-time. I wished that Blend-S spent better usage on creating consistent gags in the times where the girls work in the maid cafe.
Most of the time, Blend-S spends its time having the cast going to other places and focusing on Maika and the manager’s relationship rather than focusing on the premise. Not that I find this bad, there were many times where I got some good laughs in those kind of off-topic episodes and the shipping is pretty fun to watch progress. By the time I finished the series, I was kind of feeling empty. Not because I am going to miss this series, but because I felt that there was not enough character exploration for the other girls for me to be fully content with the anime.

I guess that is where I should be reading the manga to further satisfy that gaping hole, but I do not like reading 4-koma manga, so. I am pretty sure the anime has closely caught up with the manga based on the number of chapters, so it will probably be several years before a second season happens. Overall, I was pretty unsatisfied with my experience with Blend-S, but I had a bit of a fun time watching cute maids creating hilarious situations with their cafe personas. I will never forget Surprise and the short time she had in the anime!
Dec 24, 2017 10:22 PM
Dec 2017
did he stop working there ?
Dec 24, 2017 11:21 PM

Jun 2017
This was a cute series that quickly lost its charm. It kept up some level of freshness by injecting new characters in between, but in the end, it will most likely be remembered only for its meme-able OP sequence.

EVERYBODY NOW!!!

Dec 25, 2017 12:48 AM

Oct 2012
Even Hideri is afraid! xD

Recruiting Mafuyu lol.. I'm more surprised the manager is not in jail
In the end I still want to call police because Maika is underage xD

I hope that we'll meet again someday too!
"Signature removed"
Dec 25, 2017 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
Glad there are no confessions happened because it will somehow leave a bad taste in my mouth. Hahaha jk. Naaah, I love Dino x Maika always, but I hope the confession will be like Sajou x Yachiyo between them. I love that everyone in the gang ship them two, but Dino really needs to pluck up the courage and confessed his love for Maika. Haha.

The whole gang went to a snow trip and Dino can snowboard and Maika was impressed with him that Dino taught her how to.

Jesus, Hideri is such a fucking cutie throughout this episode LIKE FUCKING ALWAYS. WAAAAAH! He'll always be my favorite out of this anime.

I just wish that Akizuki x Kaho ship will sail andn like be an officially canon because my shipping level with them two is more than my Dino x Maika ship. Hahaha.

So happy for Maika that she met the Stile gang and it changed her like soooo much. She's with great people and thanks to Dino, I guess? Hehe. Of course, it's her own doing, too, that she's finally with the greatest people she can possibly meet. Too tacky, I should stop.

Hoping that the whole Stile gang will say good bye to us, though, and not just Dino x Maika. Jeez. Or at least let Hideri say good bye to us all. Haha.

4/5 for this episode and 8/10 for the whole anime. Thanks for bringing a "Working!!" like anime this season in my life. Really missed the vibes.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 25, 2017 6:18 AM

May 2017
All I gotta say is, the show failed to utilize Hideri, even Miu and Mafuyu. Kaho is overrated and Mafuyu is best girl

6/10
LairucremDec 25, 2017 3:05 PM
Dec 25, 2017 9:16 AM

Jan 2008
Gonna miss this show. Was a real fun watch. Also nice to see them throw in the other characters introductions, even if short. Many lols at Mafuyu's recruitment.
Dec 25, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2015
Good finale, one of the few instances the full cast was used well.

I'm pretty, well extremely shite in skiing, gave up tagging along in skiing trips since last year so well. Hard to relate I suppose.
There was a day when I called fuck it on a slope, walked the whole distance down and resigned to playing loud music...alone in the room. I cooked dinner that day, fucked it up and everyone raced to the store...not a good day.

Memory Lane over, Blend S was a solid solcom with some cute and interesting characters; unfortunately it wasn't as good a romcom, nor a great solcom, so can't give it a high score, but it was still a good experience. Beta couple needed more screentime. 5-6/10
Dec 25, 2017 12:50 PM
Mar 2014
I'm disappointed in the lack of relationship development in this show. All they did was hint at everyone's interest in each other to the very end. We got a few cutesy relationship moments here and there leaving much more desired.
Dec 25, 2017 2:50 PM

May 2012
A bit of a shame about the confession but in general a lovely ending of this quite enjoyable series!
Dec 25, 2017 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Great anime, really enjoyed it.

This episode was almost perfect xD because both of them confessed to each other but none of the heard it xD Still it was very funny and i hope one day they will confess for real.
Maika saying "i love you" was probably the worst confession ever xDD I would run hahah
But i really enjoyed it, it's one of the few animes where they actually ship characters together, and you are almost sure that they will end up together.
Akizuki should also confess to Kaho, they both look so cute together and the fact that they were the first employees and met at Stile makes it even better :3
Even though that i'm not a fan of "traps" i found Hideri's character actually pretty funny, it felt like he fits this role & place.
Now we need a 2S please!!!

I will miss this show so much! <3
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 25, 2017 11:02 PM

Oct 2014
A weak ending. The early episodes was really fun. But after Hideri appeared, beyond that episode it gets boring.

Theres a lot of anime nowadays that starts very good but end awfully. Some of those are:

Still, a good show. 7/10
Dec 25, 2017 11:59 PM
Jul 2016
Season 2 with 300% more S Maika and 100% less trap when?
Dec 26, 2017 12:23 AM

Jan 2017
The trap joining was not so entertaining, and beyond that. as @Gazz said, it started real good for even me, someone who isnt that much fond of comedy, continued to watch it.

i was really excited about ep 9 if im not wrong, i expected the blondy and green haired guy to have a thing. and maika&dino seemed to make proggress.

dissapointed tho, i liked the beginning better
no remorse holds no recourse
now i'm leaving slowly
oh won't you hold me?
Dec 26, 2017 1:47 AM
Oct 2011
After watching the whole thing I think they did not use the setting nearly enough, especially after the first half. There could have been a real potential here but only a fraction of it was used.

6/10
Dec 26, 2017 3:02 AM

Nov 2014
So to get a loli you need to use force!

Very enjoyable show. I hope for S2.
Dec 26, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
What a nice final episode, snow trip + funny confession and little flashback with kaho, akizuki, and mafuyu is so funny

Well, this series is really enjoyable for releasing any stress tho XD, the ending look so much like www.working ending when maika welcoming us in the cafe, such nostalgic hehe

I hope there is season 2, i'll really looking forward to see any character development such as kahoxakizuki and maikaxdino

overall this series is great 9/10 from me

ps. the last artwork is beautiful, salute to the artist
r16fourarmDec 30, 2017 2:11 PM
Dec 27, 2017 1:55 AM

Jun 2015
very weak finale, also to be honest as good as was the series at first it got progressively worse and more boring, by the end I could barely watch it, there wasnt any fuel left after the trap girl got introduced, just pure mindless filler, probably after few months noone will remember it, so all in all 4/10
Dec 27, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2012
My favorite couple im shiping it :D

YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THIS ANIME :D
Dec 27, 2017 5:02 PM
Oct 2015
Overall it was a pleasure to watch this anime and the conclusion to this was very fitting as well. That little recap was a nice touch, and also the ending theme song felt like it had a few more voices in certain parts.
Heckle was here...
Dec 27, 2017 6:39 PM
Jan 2014
I'm surprised Manager managed to carry Mafuyu into the shop without getting caught by the police.
Dec 28, 2017 7:17 AM
Dec 2015
let us take a moment and excuse my weeping.

NOOO MY PURE HIDERI WHY DID IT END?! THAT WAS A LACKING ENDING AND I LOVE IT! BUT HIDERI HAS LITTLE SCREENTIME HERE AND I ALREADY SAW HIM WITH A BATHTOWEL ON CMON SHOW HIS NONEXISTENT BREASTS GAWD WHY DID IT FUCKING END I LIKE A SECOND SEASON WITH MY KAHO X AKIZUKI NO WHY PLEASE PLEASE I HATE THE ANIME INDUSTRY WHY NO PLEASE I DONT UNDERSTAND
Dec 28, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
Overall, a very funny and entertaining show. All the characters were likeable. The last episodes felt somewhat weaker than the rest of the series, though.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Dec 29, 2017 11:03 PM

Sep 2013
Man I'm gonna miss Maika's sadism and Akizuki's tsundereness. Want another season of this brilliant gem with full likable cast. 9/10
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blend S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

159 by DanaHuman »»
Aug 7, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

99 by DanaHuman »»
Aug 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » The question still stands— best girl who

sangonomiya_k - Jul 20

12 by sangonomiya_k »»
Jul 25, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Blend S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

190 by nirererin »»
Jul 15, 3:48 AM

» Honestly surprised that this didn't get a second season after all the memes.

elgorreado666 - Jul 2

16 by JohnDowson »»
Jul 13, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.