Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2015
Hey guys, does anyone else think that a harem goes to a point where there are TOO many partners for the main protagonist to mingle with? Need to ask for a friend. :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 22, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2014
Yes, after three I get really annoyed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 22, 2017 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
>Need to ask for a friend. :D
>AlphaPredator

sure lol

to give you a benefit of the doubt, no fiction like anime is unlimited
Oct 22, 2017 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
5's the limit, 6 becomes excessive.
Oct 22, 2017 4:06 PM
Aug 2017
Well, if you are talking irl harem then yes. There is a limit. In anime as well but it depends on the author.
Oct 22, 2017 4:07 PM

Apr 2017
Ask Rito Yuuki that lol. The say that three is a crowd, though.
Oct 22, 2017 5:04 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
If they can pull it off, then I wouldn't put a ceiling number. It's just a matter of actually pulling it off and making sure none of the girls are left off to the side too much.

I think 6 or 7 would be a good upper limit in most cases, and 3 is probably the absolute ground floor for what could even constitute a harem to begin with so I'd usually want a bit more than 3.

Oct 22, 2017 5:11 PM

Aug 2017

Well if you are having thoughts about how many girls you can cram in one anime just look at this one, and tell me how many did you count...

Oct 22, 2017 5:11 PM

May 2015
If every single creature with a vagina isn't in the main character's harem, I feel revolted tbh.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Oct 22, 2017 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
As someone who loves harem anime I doubt think I ever said to myself man that show got too many bitches in it. But I guess harem authors know to not over do it.
Oct 22, 2017 5:16 PM

Sep 2017
to love ru :D the ending is annoying tho
Oct 22, 2017 5:20 PM

Sep 2016
In anime, a harem is just 3 or more having romantic feelings towards the same person. There is no limit to how many more than 3.

The only limit would be in how many episodes in the series, and how well the story fleshes out all the individual relationships with the harem.
There could be 100 in a harem, but if you can't flesh out all 100 relationships in 12/24/whatever episodes, then there are too many in the harem for that story/series.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Oct 22, 2017 5:25 PM
Feb 2017
One is the limit. Harem's are stupid. If there's one main partner and then other characters who are also attracted to the MC I'll understand, but if there's a bunch of girls trying equally hard to fuck the MC, then the show is just unrealistic and stupid. If the story is good or if it's the trashy show of the season that everyone's watching ironically, I'll watch a harem, otherwise, it's a waste of time.
Oct 22, 2017 5:30 PM

May 2017
hArEmS nEvEr NeEd Or HaVe A lImIt My DuDe
Oct 22, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2014
The limit is when every child born in the next generation has your DNA.

That said, for a story, anything past 2 love interests is probably struggling to get decent screentime and proper development/maintainence of relationship for characters.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 22, 2017 6:30 PM

Jan 2016
I believe harems are mostly for lonely people, why would you ever watch anything so shallow(like To Love Ru or whatever), are you like 12? Most harems tend to have girls with 0 personality, if you want to watch anything with interesting girls, just watch Orange Is The New Black.
Oct 22, 2017 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
To quote Katte ni Kaizou, if you go far enough, no one can say anything.
Oct 22, 2017 6:48 PM

Oct 2014
Ehhh, IMO idc long its still good. It doesnt bother me, im not picky
Oct 22, 2017 6:51 PM

May 2015
June10 said:
I believe harems are mostly for lonely people, why would you ever watch anything so shallow(like To Love Ru or whatever), are you like 12? Most harems tend to have girls with 0 personality, if you want to watch anything with interesting girls, just watch Orange Is The New Black.
Tbh brother, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Some peoples feeling might have been affected by your careless words. :/
Oct 22, 2017 6:52 PM

Jan 2016
AlphaPredator said:
June10 said:
Tbh brother, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

I'm just saying my opinion bro, nothing wrong with expressing myself. If you're insulted, it's your problem, not mine.
Oct 22, 2017 6:53 PM

May 2015
June10 said:
AlphaPredator said:
Tbh brother, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all

I'm just saying my opinion bro, nothing wrong with expressing myself. If you're insulted, it's your problem, not mine.
Hey, are you picking a fight with me brother?
Oct 22, 2017 6:56 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
June10 said:

So does this mean I have the green light to call people who complain about harems being shallow try-hard intellectuals insincerely demanding depth they probably don't understand to compensate for a lack of self-confidence in their own intellect?

Oct 22, 2017 6:57 PM

Apr 2011
according to islam, 72 is the limit xD
Oct 22, 2017 7:00 PM

May 2015
Manaban said:
June10 said:

So does this mean I have the green light to call people who complain about harems being shallow try-hard intellectuals insincerely demanding depth they probably don't understand to compensate for a lack of self-confidence in their own intellect?
Excuse me sir, i don't really understand what is going on here but can you please calm down. We are civilised individuals
Oct 22, 2017 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
Monogatari would be a good example for having a ton of members and "PLOT" while still having a compelling plot
Oct 22, 2017 7:03 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
AlphaPredator said:
Manaban said:

Excuse me sir, i don't really understand what is going on here but can you please calm down. We are civilised individuals

absolutely not, we're on AD

there is no being civilized, only this:

Oct 22, 2017 7:04 PM

Mar 2015
June10 said:

ahem...

There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the author of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

in a nut shell:
Essentially, he had to end the manga to prevent his ex-wife from making a third custody and money grab for his daughter, after she illegally wiped his bank accounts out, stole the laptop he used to create the manga, and blackmailed him for custody of his own daughter after kidnapping her. Even now she is claiming rights to the Haruna character and all profit made from the anime, manga, and merchandise.

Not to mention she cheated on him on multiple occasions and using yabuki's credit card etc for her expense, leaving their daughters in the house while going out with her "boyfriend", and later after she was discovered cheating by yabuki, she demand those absurd claims

crazy i know

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

- A comment of Yabuki's while this was all happening:
[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

- Following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.
Oct 22, 2017 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
AlphaPredator said:
Hey guys, does anyone else think that a harem goes to a point where there are TOO many partners for the main protagonist to mingle with? Need to ask for a friend. :D
Honestly bro, as a Mormon I have like 62 wives and trust me its a hard life. So I would say go watch actual good romance film like The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (2011). Good day my man
Numba 1 Drummer Taiwan

Oct 22, 2017 7:12 PM

May 2015
xxLorenzoNeryxx said:
AlphaPredator said:
Honestly bro, as a Mormon I have like 62 wives and trust me its a hard life. So I would say go watch actual good romance film like The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (2011). Good day my man
Brother, how hard is it in actuallity though?
Oct 22, 2017 7:14 PM

Jul 2015
Imho, one person is the limit #teammonogamy
Oct 22, 2017 7:17 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
no, the more girls, the more potential fap material, the dude is irrelevant
Oct 22, 2017 7:18 PM

May 2015
EcchiKingMamster said:
Hi brother, you have a very simple yet effective standpoint about my question
Oct 22, 2017 7:24 PM
Jun 2015
The Mc's bank account. Remember these are guys that spend $200 on a girl they are not even going out with.
Oct 22, 2017 7:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
AlphaPredator said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
Hi brother, you have a very simple yet effective standpoint about my question

i just lol'd irl, that i do..

your signature is disturbing xD
Oct 22, 2017 7:48 PM
Jul 2018
Does your friend need this information for an animu test?
Oct 22, 2017 7:58 PM

Oct 2016
Valaskjalf said:

It is as long as you can treat all of them equally. Also only 4 wives at a time. If they want more then they will have to divorce one. Pl
Valaskjalf said:
Primerose003
Oct 22, 2017 8:00 PM

May 2015
xFiremimix said:
My friend actually needs this information for a visual novel he is trying to create.
Oct 22, 2017 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
AlphaPredator said:
xFiremimix said:
My friend actually needs this information for a visual novel he is trying to create.

Oh. Is that true? Cool.

I think the typical limit is 5 (if we are talking about vn games).
Oct 22, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2012
No, especially if they end up with all of them in a believable scenario then it gets bonus credit.
Oct 22, 2017 9:02 PM

Oct 2015
I don't really mind as long I don't find any of them annoying. It can be countless for all I care, but as long it isn't annoying, its fine for me at least.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Oct 22, 2017 9:40 PM

Aug 2016
Hell no. There are no limits to pleasure XD
Oct 23, 2017 12:47 AM

Jul 2017
There is no limit, but I would say about 15 or there will be too many characters(not just harem member). as long as every girls are different and there are enough episodes for them, that's okay to introduce more. Like TWGOK and Tolove. But if an anime try to introduce 10 harem member in like 12 episode, it probably flops.
Oct 23, 2017 2:37 AM
Aug 2017
RainyRai said:
If every single creature with a vagina isn't in the main character's harem, I feel revolted tbh.

Another dumb harem fan who thinks all the girls have to fall in love with the MC. This is why harem is trash.
Oct 23, 2017 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
According to my boy, Kamijou Touman, there is isn't:

Remember there are too about 10.000 Misaka clones

ReaperCreeper said:
To quote Katte ni Kaizou, if you go far enough, no one can say anything.
This too.
Oct 23, 2017 3:24 AM
Aug 2017
Kuma said:
June10 said:

ahem...

There is this person called Nakamura Ine who is quite famous on the Nico Nico website (a large Japanese online community somewhat like Youtube), who turned out to be a minor (last year in high school) and also insinuated that he has something going on with a Kashiwagi Shiho.

- Now this Shiho was the wife of Yabuki Kentaro, the author of To-Love-Ru. She met Yabuki when he was looking for assistants, seduced him and ended up becoming his wife and gave birth to a daughter.

- But she hardly did any house work, neglected her daughter, and spent most of her days in front of a computer spending time in Nico Nico etc.

- January 2009, when Yabuki was sick with flu and bedridden, she kidnapped her own daughter and disappeared, and it turned out that she left her daughter at her parents' place while she was doing this and that with Ine.

in a nut shell:
Essentially, he had to end the manga to prevent his ex-wife from making a third custody and money grab for his daughter, after she illegally wiped his bank accounts out, stole the laptop he used to create the manga, and blackmailed him for custody of his own daughter after kidnapping her. Even now she is claiming rights to the Haruna character and all profit made from the anime, manga, and merchandise.

Not to mention she cheated on him on multiple occasions and using yabuki's credit card etc for her expense, leaving their daughters in the house while going out with her "boyfriend", and later after she was discovered cheating by yabuki, she demand those absurd claims

crazy i know

- February 2009, Yabuki 'begged' Shiho to return for the sake of their daughter, and Shiho did return to Tokyo, but few days later she dropped out once again with the girl, this time taking a notebook computer and Yabuki's credit cards. Yabuki later stopped the cards, but a large sum of money was already taken out.

- Yabuki looked for them everywhere, but to no avail. March 2009, Shiho demanded a divorce on the grounds of personality clash and a large chunk of Yabuki's assets, but when the evidence of her infidelity was discovered on her computer, she then changed her stance and demanded money in exchange for the custody right of the daughter.

- Realizing it would take over a year to settle things, Yabuki accepted her conditions and got the daughter back.

- Haruna Sairenji was based on Kashiwagi Shiho, and there is a reason why her role was reduced dramatically since volume 13, and Yui getting more prominent. And apparently Shiho has sued/demanded more money for the character of Haruna recently.

[While I was working hard on a manga that was focused on taking young girls' panties off, another man was taking my wife's panties off.]

- Following the dispute over Haruna's character right, Yabuki feared his daughter getting hurt by all the debacle, so he accepted Shiho's demand yet again and ended the series prematurely.

And... This story didn't have anything to do with the OP. I feel bad for him but in my opinion, To-love-ru is that shallow and full of fan-services. The MC is not even likable and is a wimp. I am a fan of his previous work Black cat and was disappointed that he turned to drawing ecchi harem.
Oct 23, 2017 3:41 AM

Mar 2015
Himawari9 said:
Kuma said:

ahem...

in a nut shell:

crazy i know

And... This story didn't have anything to do with the OP. I feel bad for him but in my opinion, To-love-ru is that shallow and full of fan-services. The MC is not even likable and is a wimp. I am a fan of his previous work Black cat and was disappointed that he turned to drawing ecchi harem.

nah, my point is that harem always made by manchild for manchild, but hey, who am i to judge, i am not even rate TLR that high, but discrediting whole genre is just ignorant... and Rito is like least problem... he is caring, he can do lot of things, he is brave, and will put his life above others, and wimp? if he was a wimp, he wouldn't saving lala to begin with... rito infact best waifu in the whole TLR franchise (oh wait, riko is exist, so yeah)...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 23, 2017 3:44 AM

Jul 2017
LAPX said:
One is the limit. Harem's are stupid. If there's one main partner and then other characters who are also attracted to the MC I'll understand, but if there's a bunch of girls trying equally hard to fuck the MC, then the show is just unrealistic and stupid. If the story is good or if it's the trashy show of the season that everyone's watching ironically, I'll watch a harem, otherwise, it's a waste of time.

The idea of looking for realistic staff in a fictional world is even more stupid imo. We watch anime for things that won't happen in our ordinary life, right?
Oct 23, 2017 3:54 AM
Oct 2017
Harem stuff only good in videogames. In animes and mangas they are just annoying.
Oct 23, 2017 4:05 AM

Jul 2017
Himawari9 said:

To-love-ru is that shallow and full of fan-services.

You are right.
And I am so glad that I was born shallow enough that I can fully embrace harem masterpiece like tolove-ru.
Oct 23, 2017 4:18 AM

Mar 2012
My fav harem only have 9 member. You can see it on my sig except the one in far right who is mother of one harem member.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 3 )

707supremacist - May 5

146 by ToG25thBaam »»
21 minutes ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

14 by Zarutaku »»
22 minutes ago

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - 2 hours ago

13 by MinakoBestGirl »»
22 minutes ago

» your most favorited favorite character vs. your least favorited favorite character ( 1 2 3 )

bucciest - Oct 26, 2022

115 by Archean-Return »»
22 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

18 by Ifechukwu1144 »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.