Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2017 11:01 AM

Jul 2014
-I didn't think the art in GitS held up.
-Toradora is mediocre at best.
-Mob Psycho 100 > One Punch man
"Man always thinks about the past before he dies, as if he were frantically searching for proof that he truly lived." -Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 14, 2017 11:04 AM

Aug 2016
Can I try once too?

I REALLY like CGI in new berse... oh god no I just can't...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2017 11:07 AM
Mar 2016
Code Geass is massively overrated.Hated most if not all of the characters and the plot was very predictable. Also R1>R2
Aug 14, 2017 11:18 AM
Feb 2009
Zydeph said:
A whiny, cowardly and/or weak character isn't necessarily a bad character. Likewise, a brave, cool and/or strong character isn't necessarily a good character.

Agree with second, need example of first.
If you say Eren then I'll smack you! :D Can't whine back to cool.
Aug 14, 2017 12:19 PM

Jun 2016
Bozzzz said:
Lost_Viking said:
>FMA: Brotherhood sucked
>TTGL was pretty good at first, but declined in quality after episode 16
>There's nothing wrong with moe/cute girls doing things
>Angel Beats was actually really good
>Ghost in the Shell is overrated and mediocre at best
>I unironically want a dakimakura and plan on eventually buying one

:D
FBI here
what's your address, we would like a word.

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

Also, Elfen Lied was a really good show. I'll post more after I hide my machine guns, rocket launchers, dead hookers, and kilos of cocaine.
Aug 14, 2017 12:22 PM
Apr 2017
Toradora, Seikon no Qwaser it was awful.
Riax_Feb 28, 2021 6:41 PM
Aug 14, 2017 12:35 PM
Sep 2011
-I don't like Bakemongatari or any of the other mongatari anime series

-I couldn't finish SAO and I found it extremely boring, The only thing I liked about it was the romance between Asuna and Kirito.

-I think that the supporting girls of school days are just as guilty and immoral as the male lead and they're not innocent like what the majority of people say. The two main girls are the only ones who deserve sympathy.

-The love story between Nagisa and Tomoya is not the saddest one I've ever seen in anime like everyone says.

-Kyoto Animation and Shaft are my least favorite anime studios

-The girls in clannad are so not interesting at all and I don't understand why they are so popular.

- Even though she got completely shafted by the writers in terms of screen time and needed a bit more development, I still think that Aiko from True Tears is a well-developed and very interesting character despite what the majority of viewers say
RozalthiricAug 14, 2017 12:43 PM
Aug 14, 2017 2:55 PM

Feb 2016
The older versions of both HxH and FMA are better than the newer versions
Aug 14, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2014
oh boy
well heres go
sao> berserk of any year idc > gintama
Aug 14, 2017 3:22 PM
Oct 2016
In Welcome to the NHK - Hitomi is better than Misaki.

Why? For me she seems more of a realistic character.

I know Misaki is more than "a mistery girl popping out of nowhere to bring Sato out of his decadent lifestyle" and a complex character with deeper intricacies, but for me, still, Hitomi was a more genuine and relatable character.

Aug 14, 2017 3:27 PM

Oct 2013
InsaneLeader13 said:
Life is short, feel free drop titles that bore you, and don't watch things that don't interest you.

Note that before going into this, I just pulled up my list, sorted by score, and went from bottom to top.

Nichijou is actually pretty piss poor for a comedy series.
HxH 2011 might be a great shounen, but not everyone should watch it just because.
Grave of the Fireflies is a useless film with a hollow 'message', if you could even call it that. the entire point of the work is to just say "War is hell!" while gripping at your heartstrings, all the while ignoring simple logical decisions by the main character that could have (to some extent) improved the end result.
Mars of Destruction is only bad because it just does nothing right.
Another has nothing going for it besides A) Atmosphere for the first half of the series, and B) A main female character that's interesting when compared to the rest of the cast, but would be forgotten in nearly any other work.
Production I.G. was one of the worst studios between the late 90's until the mid-to-late 2000's.
FLCL is a piece of garbage. The only decent thing about it was the soundtrack, and even that was badly dated.
Orange is a terrible rip-off of Steins;Gate.
Mysterious Girlfriend X is one of the worst teases in anime. It promises to deliver something early on, but as it goes on it does less and less before ending with a metaphorical Net-loss for the viewer.
Black Rock Shooter's OVA was actually really good...except for the fact that it feels like it's just 60 percent of a movie. Conversely, the Black Rock Shooter TV series is another Madoka-clone...only it's problem is that it doesn't know how to effectively bridge the gap between amazing action and character drama without breaking the characters for no reason whatsoever.
The Mirai Nikki Redial finale ruins the ending of the series.
Panty & Stocking W/ Garterbelt has a few good moments, but primarily consists of a pointless emulation of the worst of Western Adult Animation.
My Neighbor Totoro is a prime example of a children's film that has nothing for adults. It's vapid and has no significant substance for anyone in their mid-to-late teens or older (Besides meme potential. Why hasn't this thing been memed to death yet?)
The 'canon' Post-DBZ Dragonball films have been quite mediocre.
Kyoukai no Kanata is only remembered for the dance number...and that's basically the only thing of quality it has to offer beyond visuals.
Nico is the only good thing to come out of Love Live.
Guilty Crown's first half is utter garbage. However, between episodes 14 and 19, a good (not great) story unfolds that make the series worth watching... though the ending is a disappointing End of Evangelion rip-off.
Summer Wars was forgettabely average. It either needed to spend less time in the virtual world and focus more on the family, spend more time exploring the virtual world and focus less on the family, or become a multi-part OVA and do both.
Sonic X's first two seasons are terrible, with the only exception being the SA1 and SAB2 adaptions. It's third season is pretty good. Not necessarily great, but pretty good.
Macross Plus isn't really that great. The characters suck, which is problematic when the dick-measuring contest between the two male leads is the show's 'A' plot while the 'B' plot is extremely interesting and doesn't need interesting characters to stand out, yet it just gets shoved to the side 75 percent of the time.
Fate/Stay Night 2006 isn't that far off quality from F/SN UBW...because UBW is only a high 6/10 at best while 2006 is a low 5/10 at worst.
Death Parade is terrible, and is one of the last things I'd ever recommend to anyone. Ironically enough, it's starter OVA 'Death Billiards' is actually pretty good.
Nisemonogatari is only saved by being the breakout of Shinobu and Kaiki. Without these two being a tour-de-force for the show, Nisemonogatari just spends most of it's time devaluing characters we've already come to care for.
The Tatami Galaxy is merely a Slice of Life story set in a college setting, with a 'Crazy twist' thrown into the last two episodes to hammer in the message that it was already bashing the viewers over the heads with. It's only fondly recalled because of it's massive WPM and it's memorable coloring and design choices. If not for these two factors, it would have been long forgotten by now.
Claymore is really good for the first 14 episodes. And then it turns bad. My current experiences with the Magna seems to be making a case that this wasn't an adaptation problem, but a problem with the original work.
Diebuster is forgettable, sure. But it's not utter garabge.
Kuzu no Honkai was amazing because all of the characters are terrible, and because it's conclusion reflects reality in a reasonable way (The 'main character'/'best person' won't always get a good ending, it's usually the worst people that do).
On the same note, Kiznaiver is good. If your biggest problem with the work is 'FORCED DRAMA', then you fail to realize that forced drama was the entire point of the work.
Kimi no na Wa is fine for a single watch. But the moment you put any thought into it is the moment that entire film begins to fall apart.
No Game No Life is the anti-thesis of Mars of Destruction. While MoD is lifeless and tries to be intelligent while failing at it, NGNL is fun while looking stupid, but actually shows alot of cleverness behind its' writing.
Attack on Titan doesn't have a good first episode. Or two. Or three. From my perspective, the fact that you basically have to go 6 or 7 episodes before getting anywhere exciting, and nearly half of the season before the real plot starts moving, is a bad thing and keeps it from being something I'd recommend to a new anime fan.
HOTD is great because it is what it is...an oversexed action-filled zombie romp. It's only disliked because A) The west is suffering from Zombie-oversaturation (Hey Joe, wanna play a Zombie game?), and B) For some stupid reason, people think fanservice is evil.
Seirei no Moribito is god-awfully boring.
Revolutionary Girl Utena spends most of its' time spinning it's wheels. It really only gets to shine during the Black Rose Society arc, and the final fourth of the series. With that said, it (and it's film) is a great yuri anime, and should be a must-watch for anyone looking to watch some sweet Girls Love.
Cardcaptor Sakura went on for far too long.
The entire Ghost in the Shell franchise, sans Stand Alone Complex, is just 'good' at best. It's stupid to put the1995 film on a pedestal like it's the second coming of Anime Jesus, and bash the live action film as it if was the Antichrist.
Yeah, Princess Tutu is great...but it's not THAT great. You guys are all forgetting how by-the-numbers the first half of the series is.
Both versions of FMA should be watched, because both bring something great to the table.
Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS is the best installment in the franchise, not A's.

Berserk fans can not be satisfied.
If Twilight was adapted into an anime rather then a film series, everyone would be on that shit like it was Gintama.
There is NO point in watching series as they air.

I'm actually glad that OP made this thread.

You ever heard of paragraphs bro???
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Aug 14, 2017 3:49 PM

Mar 2014
Evangelion 3.0 > Everything else in the NGE series (especially Evangelion 2.0, fuck that shit)

Aku no Hana isn't a bad anime, it's just the ugly art style and lazy animation that puts people off. As an adaptation of a manga it's actually pretty good

Elfen Lied was mediocre. Not terrible, not amazing. Just mediocre

Death Note's second half wasn't bad

Gintama can get very boring at times. I like most of the characters but more than half of the jokes really aren't that funny

DEEN is a decent studio

I'll post more when I'm not tired
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 14, 2017 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
Angel beats is trash
Kuzu no honkai is trash
Gakkougurashi is complete and utter garbage
Mob psycho 100 is bad
FLCL is boring and a waste of time
Charlotte is way overrated
Nagi no asukara is overrated
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is overrated
Nisemonogatari was better then Bakemonogatari
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu season 1 is better then season 2
Koe no katachi is better then Kimi no na wa
Hibike! Euphonium is a 10/10 (both seasons)
Emilia > Rem
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2017 4:50 PM

Jul 2015
Toradora - A good show for 12 year old virgins perhaps
Angel Beats - Most rushed shit I have seen in my life, might be good if you are new to anime.
Fairy Tail - Worst shounen I have seen probably, plot armor is insane, no character development, disappointing villains. Not to mention the last few arcs. Really bad written show.
Akashic Records - Most generic shit I have seen, absolutely nothing original about it.
Clannad S1 - Don't even get me started on what is wrong with this shit fest.
91 Days - Underrated in my opinion.
Serial Experiments Lain - Underrated.
Koe No Katachi > Kimi No Na Wa.
Aug 14, 2017 5:01 PM

Jul 2016
Before I get to it, I've seen Evangelion. I just removed it and a number of other anime from my list for reasons.

Now then.

I haven't seen School Days yet, but I know plenty about it. So here's the opinion.

School Days is darker than Evangelion.
Aug 14, 2017 7:06 PM
Sep 2011
IpreferEcchi said:
Before I get to it, I've seen Evangelion. I just removed it and a number of other anime from my list for reasons.

Now then.

I haven't seen School Days yet, but I know plenty about it. So here's the opinion.

I agree that school days is very dark but why do you think it's darker than Evanglion?
Aug 14, 2017 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
that evangelion sucks
elfen lied sucks
gantz anime sucks while its manga only half sucks

that half of sao is not that bad, especially when you consider that within its genre at that point, there were very few titles and sao was leagues above the others (mostly stuff from .hack franchise). The first part when they're actually playing sword art online is fairly good. It has a world with rules that somewhat make sense, it's pace is pretty good, looks pretty good and they do a decent job with the romance side of things.
Alfeim is where everything goes wrong. Throw rules out the window completely and replace any semblance of story telling and tension with asspulls. Also, add 3 tbsp of incest.
Gun Gale is not bad again. Though the stakes are much lower, the simplified game and plot brings the story and world back to somewhere respectable.
I didn't care about the last arc so its hard to say about that one
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Aug 14, 2017 8:12 PM
May 2017
Hi so
Kyo kara maou is the best other world anime

Sports anime suck in the begining
No anime has made me cry the god of highschool came close

Yuri on ice was good
Yaoi anime can be enjoyable
Sao is good if you binge it

Herem series can be good
Aug 15, 2017 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
Eromanga sensei is better than Oreimo. At least Sagiri is nicer than Kirino. Although she certainly isn't best girl and I wish there had been more fixation on the other castmembers as supposed to Sagiri, cuz it gets really boring watching her being cooped up in her room.

I think Satone from Chuunibyou was and still is cute. I didn't find her annoying at all.

Takashi Nasujima deserves better. Izaya should've been axed as a villain about halfway through the story and Nasujima should've overtaken the main villain role. Cuz Izaya's fugly ass got boring and repetitive fast. Whereas he was a poor imitation of a "psycho" character without being psycho at all, Nasujima was an actual deviant psychopath with no regard for human life. Therefore, Nasujima was much more entertaining.

I prefer Sunshine to the original Love Live

Supporting characters almost always end up being better than main characters

MAL's character rankings are full of shit. With a few exceptions most of the characters in the top 50 are crap.

I'm getting real bored waiting for a Toaru Railgun / Index S3, i just want to see the novels animated, dammit
Aug 15, 2017 5:49 AM

Jul 2016
Sezaar said:
IpreferEcchi said:

Now then.

I agree that school days is very dark but why do you think it's darker than Evanglion?

1. What happens in Evangelion isn't permanent.
2. Evangelion is sci-fi, therefore not actually possible.
3. Because of number 2, the circumstances make Shinji unrelatable, but Makoto's temptations are very relatable.
4. Both of Evangelion's endings are happy endings in part because of number 1.
5. Because School Days is also a VN, its alternate tragic endings are also part of the canon. Evangelion presents no tragic endings. See 1 and 4.
Aug 15, 2017 7:36 AM

May 2016
Williemeister said:

This is an unpopular opinion? What the fuck?

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Aug 15, 2017 7:59 AM

Jul 2016
Bozzzz said:
Zydeph said:
A whiny, cowardly and/or weak character isn't necessarily a bad character. Likewise, a brave, cool and/or strong character isn't necessarily a good character.

Agree with second, need example of first.
If you say Eren then I'll smack you! :D Can't whine back to cool.

Lol I actually like Eren, tho I understand his character isn't flawless. He isn't really the kind of character I was thinking of tho.
I think it should go without saying that any kind of character can be done well, but I would say Usopp from One Piece is one example. Same with Shinji Ikari.
Aug 15, 2017 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
Zanyster said:
Toradora - A good show for 12 year old virgins

Did you just imply that being a virgin at 12 is shameful?
Aug 15, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
SuperRed said:
Zanyster said:
Toradora - A good show for 12 year old virgins

Did you just imply that being a virgin at 12 is shameful?

Figure of speech I guess, maybe a weird way of saying it. But to answer your question, no it is not.
Aug 15, 2017 9:51 AM

Oct 2015
Zelkiiro said:
Williemeister said:

This is an unpopular opinion? What the fuck?

Ye, a shame really. Around an 8 seems to be a popular score to give it from what I have seen. Rarely do I find people giving it a 9 or 10, especially season 1.
Aug 15, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2016
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the Yorknew City arc of the 1999 version of Hunter x Hunter is better then the 2011 (keep in mind that i'm just talking about this one arc. I'm not ignorant enough to say that 1999 as a whole is better than 2011--that's just not true).

Yorknew 1999 just comes across as having a darker/more atmospheric tone (though that's in line with the 90s aesthetic). There are instances of haunting imagery, and the OST is equally dark and brooding. Yorknew itself also feels like a living, breathing city. In the 2011 version, it came off as just a location--just a setpiece that was simply there to be a setting instead of a real place
Aug 15, 2017 7:54 PM

Dec 2016
Nomar_95 said:
I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that the Yorknew City arc of the 1999 version of Hunter x Hunter is better then the 2011 (keep in mind that i'm just talking about this one arc. I'm not ignorant enough to say that 1999 as a whole is better than 2011--that's just not true).

Why do you say "I'm not ignorant to say this was better/worse than this"? A person can only be ignorant in regards to objective facts or statements, like science or maths or factual historical events, not in regards to the subjective assessment/appreciation of artistic productions. There are no right or wrong opinions; just well or bad argued ones.

So if it had been the case that you believed that the first version as a whole was better than the second version, that would not have made you "ignorant" at all...

And well, in addition to Yorkcity, 99 did better the Hunter exam and Zoldyck family arcs too. 11 did better Heaven's arena and Greed Island; but this of course is only my opinion.
Aug 15, 2017 8:10 PM

Nov 2015
kanbaru is best monogatari girl
i think tsundere are shittttt
i like occultic;nine
shingeki no kyojin is overreated
Aug 15, 2017 8:18 PM

Nov 2016
neonshock said:
Nomar_95 said:

Why do you say "I'm not ignorant to say this was better/worse than this"? A person can only be ignorant in regards to objective facts or statements, like science or maths or factual historical events, not in regards to the subjective assessment/appreciation of artistic productions. There are no right or wrong opinions; just well or bad argued ones.

So if it had been the case that you believed that the first version as a whole was better than the second version, that would not have made you "ignorant" at all...

And well, in addition to Yorkcity, 99 did better the Hunter exam and Zoldyck family arcs too. 11 did better Heaven's arena and Greed Island; but this of course is only my opinion.

That was just rambling on my part, and don't exactly know where i was going with that. Was planning to delete it later, but then forgot lol (I'll still leave it up though, since I still feel that way). It was also an inside joke of sorts directed at my friends who believe that just because I like one arc more, they believe I don't have the series in high regard (which I do)
Aug 15, 2017 8:21 PM
Mar 2017
Death note -overrated
Fate/zero -overrated
Psycho-pass - you can't get shallower
Logh - isn't Dat gud (the first season and the start of the 3rd season(dropped))(2ns was perfect tho)
Erased might be the stupidest thing I'v ever watched
Chihayafuru - crap I can't beleive I survived 7 eps (2 years old opinion)
Aug 16, 2017 12:09 PM
Feb 2009
yui-the-cat said:
kanbaru is best monogatari girl
i think tsundere are shittttt
i like occultic;nine
shingeki no kyojin is overreated

no no SnK is great, best ever, no flaw in it
LOL
sorry
Aug 16, 2017 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
Probably my thoughts around cute girl and SoL anime. I just don't find it appealing, I could go into more detail but yeah I don't wanna start a flame war.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 16, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2013
Toradora is the worst anime ever made
Aug 16, 2017 2:09 PM
Nov 2015
LoneWolf said:
Probably my thoughts around cute girl and SoL anime. I just don't find it appealing, I could go into more detail but yeah I don't wanna start a flame war.

I thought it was unpopular to like cute girl shows.
Aug 16, 2017 2:30 PM
Dec 2015
I think NHK's top 100 list generally has better anime than MAL's.

GTO is underrated
Nanbaka is underrated
Osomatsu-san is underrated
Most of the anime fandoms are SUPER cringey (I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or not)

Naru said:
Am I the only person who loved Gintama for its comedy, but completely hated the serious parts?

I didn't hate the serious parts, but I found most of them boring.
Aug 16, 2017 2:40 PM

Mar 2017
Hunter x Hunter(2011) is good but way too overhyped. People praise it way too much.
Btooom was way better than Sword Art Online
Guilty Crown doesn't deserves the hate it gets, it was a really soild show.
Kimi no Na wa is way too overrated.
Aug 16, 2017 2:59 PM

Jan 2017
Idk how unpopular they really are but these are not opinions I commonly see according to my experience

Psycho Pass 2 is good
Zamasu is a good villain
Aug 16, 2017 3:09 PM
May 2017
I didn't like Toradora
Tite Kubo's art is actually really good until the end of bleach, regardless of the drop in story quality.
Fate/Zero was stretched out too long (still good though)
Part 7 JoJo is the best one
Dagashi Kashi is practically just a series of Commercials for snacks
Tsunderes are hot, but Anime almost never writes them well
Emilia was a better waifu than Rem
Gundam 00 had a stupid ending
There is no such thing as "tasteful" gore
Aug 16, 2017 3:10 PM
May 2017
ThunderbroAnime said:
Idk how unpopular they really are but these are not opinions I commonly see according to my experience

Psycho Pass 2 is good
Zamasu is a good villain

I don't think I've ever seen anyone defend Psycho-Pass 2, its pretty much a repeat of Season 1
Aug 16, 2017 3:14 PM

Jan 2017
Lamurr said:
ThunderbroAnime said:

Psycho Pass 2 is good
Zamasu is a good villain

I don't think I've ever seen anyone defend Psycho-Pass 2, its pretty much a repeat of Season 1

I'm not saying it's better than season 1, but it being like s1 is not bad imo since I loved s1, in the specific case of Psycho Pass I was totally cool seeing more of the same in s2.
Aug 16, 2017 3:16 PM
May 2017
ThunderbroAnime said:
Lamurr said:

I'm not saying it's better than season 1, but it being like s1 is not bad imo since I loved s1, in the specific case of Psycho Pass I was totally cool seeing more of the same in s2.

I mean, yeah the show is great, and season two isn't like "terrible" I just wish they expanded on the world and the characters more than they did
Aug 16, 2017 3:16 PM

Jul 2016
I'm full of unpopular opinions, but here's just two of them;

Nagi no Asukara sucks. It sucks a lot.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate are just okay, they are simply overrated.

Aug 16, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2017
Lamurr said:
ThunderbroAnime said:

I mean, yeah the show is great, and season two isn't like "terrible" I just wish they expanded on the world and the characters more than they did

You have a point, Psycho Pass 2 could have done more that's for sure.
Aug 16, 2017 3:27 PM
May 2017
Zuraki said:
I'm full of unpopular opinions, but here's just two of them;

Nagi no Asukara sucks. It sucks a lot.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Steins;Gate are just okay, they are simply overrated.

I agree, a lot of those type of shows that are praised for their message or whatever just bore me, those two especially.
Aug 16, 2017 3:30 PM

Dec 2016
Steins;Gate is overrated and SnK S2 was trash.
Aug 16, 2017 9:01 PM

Aug 2009
Bab3s said:
LoneWolf said:

Look how many avatars on this forum are cute girls and how many cute girl shows airing every season and tell me how that makes sense.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 16, 2017 9:53 PM
Nov 2015
LoneWolf said:
Bab3s said:

Look how many avatars on this forum are cute girls and how many cute girl shows airing every season and tell me how that makes sense.

About 40-45% of the avatars. I suppose that is a significant number. For the second point, it depends on what one considers a "cute girl show". If something like last season's Eromanga-sensei was a cute girl show in your view, then I will concede that there are a fair number of cute girls shows each season.

But I'm not clear on something. By "cute girl show", are you referring to any show in which cute girls are prominent, or are you referring specifically to descendants of Azumanga Daioh: those do-nothing nichijou-kei comedy shows where men don't exist and it's all about a bunch of [usually] little girls having a good-ass time? Because there are maybe 2-3 of those kinds of shows each season, and they usually aren't near the top of the popularity list. New Game is one of the more successful shows from this genre in recent memory, and even that was 7th in popularity in Summer 2016. Its score of 7.77 puts it just barely in the top 1000, a decent if also unremarkable standing. In general, there is a lack of cute girl shows among the highest scoring anime of all time.

On further thought, it has occurred to me that maybe it isn't unpopular isn't to like/tolerate cute girl shows. What is definitely unpopular though is to view them as high art comparable in value to beloved classics like Gintama, FMA Brotherhood, or any Hayao Miyazaki movie.
Aug 16, 2017 10:06 PM

Aug 2009
Bab3s said:
LoneWolf said:

About 40-45% of the avatars. I suppose that is a significant number. For the second point, it depends on what one considers a "cute girl show". If something like last season's Eromanga-sensei was a cute girl show in your view, then I will concede that there are a fair number of cute girls shows each season.

But I'm not clear on something. By "cute girl show", are you referring to any show in which cute girls are prominent, or are you referring specifically to descendants of Azumanga Daioh: those do-nothing nichijou-kei comedy shows where men don't exist and it's all about a bunch of [usually] little girls having a good-ass time? Because there are maybe 2-3 of those kinds of shows each season, and they usually aren't near the top of the popularity list. New Game is one of the more successful shows from this genre in recent memory, and even that was 7th in popularity in Summer 2016. Its score of 7.77 puts it just barely in the top 1000, a decent if also unremarkable standing. In general, there is a lack of cute girl shows among the highest scoring anime of all time.

On further thought, it has occurred to me that maybe it isn't unpopular isn't to like/tolerate cute girl shows. What is definitely unpopular though is to view them as high art comparable in value to beloved classics like Gintama, FMA Brotherhood, or any Hayao Miyazaki movie.

You obviously haven't spoke out against cute girl shows before, because you don't realize how bad the backlash is. Perhaps it is just a vocal minority, but trust me people really like their cute girl shows and waifus and what not. I don't think the fans even view them as "high" art, but they sure as hell like them and in a way many shows incorporate "cute girls", but I would say any show that has the girls as the focus then a male MC or sometimes there is no male MC at all.
LoneWolfAug 16, 2017 10:15 PM

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 16, 2017 10:45 PM

May 2010
Naruto benefited from its 85 fillers. It was nice to see a big old slice of genin life.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 16, 2017 11:13 PM
Apr 2016
rvbrick said:
Kawaii-Killua said:
Anime from the past century aren't better than modern anime, and even if they're good they burn my eyes, elitist nostalgia cant be cured.

The first anime I saw and realized was anime wasn't cel-animated, or, the colors were digital at least.
I started watching anime seriously only 4 years ago. This means I have absolutely zero nostalgia for old anime, nor do I have nostalgia for cel animation in general.

I prefer cel animation and hand painted cels to digital animation. Imagine that.

If this "burns your eyes" and looks bad to you, you are a fool, plain and simple.

What anime is that? It looks infinitely cool.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film.

Old_School_Akira - 4 hours ago

17 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 10 hours ago

46 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
20 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

104 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
32 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 3 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

100 by Timeline_man »»
37 minutes ago

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - Jun 9

33 by Timeline_man »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.