Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 18, 2017 12:21 PM

Jan 2016
I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with this episode... but... it just felt underwhelming. The only time the MC has used his smartphone (which is in the title of the series) is to... make ice cream? So far it's just a stereotypical, average fantasy harem with no twist whatsoever. I can see it's appeal to its audience however, how the MC is living in a perfect ideal world where himself is perfect and ideal - a self insert to the Japanese audience watching who likely do not have such an ideal world.
Maybe I'm being too deep.

Only still watching because of the waifus.
Jul 18, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2012
Fun episode.

Second episode's already gone by, and I dunno if this is an adaptation problem or if the LN is like this as well, but the pacing is... pretty fast? Aside from that, I don't think the anime's trying to be anything more than a kick-back adventure with little to no real problems with how powerful the MC is and how convenient magic is in this world. Seriously, just from the sound of the spells and the affects they have, it seems there's a spell for literally anything you can think of.

Other than that stuff, Yae was pretty damn adorable. She seems skillful but clumsy and was a fun addition to the party.

Jul 18, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2008
Dam this show is terrible. It really has nothing going for it. Boring story and characters. Dull character designs. Beyond bland animation making any kind of action scene look stagnant as hell.

MC asks one of the twins if she can save the old guy if the arrow is removed.
/proceeds to do everything on his own.
What was the fucking point of asking her?
PaulJul 18, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 18, 2017 1:12 PM

Apr 2013

I smell a KonoSuba copy.

Anways... let's review what has happened so far.
In just two episodes:

Can use any elemental magic + null magic.
Boosted memory and physical attributes.
Girls always ogling at MC.
Saves a duke's daughter and wife.
In possession of 40 million yen's worth of isekai currency.
Travel permit + near noble man status.
Party of four (including MC).

Notable null magic: Gate (Warp gate), Long Sense (enhanced sight, hearing and smell from a distance), Boost (enhanced physical senses and agility/strength), Cure All (instant healing skill), Recovery (removes any afflictions), Aports (grasp any small object), Slip (interrupts casting of magic + can incapacitate most if not everyone).

Cough cough -broken- cough.
duderusJul 18, 2017 1:38 PM

Jul 18, 2017 1:45 PM

Sep 2015
Its great seeing this whole entire episode taken from the LN animated ;-;

Again everyone was probably think of aport as stealllll and that he stole Yae's panties at that time, not her ribbon to her hair.
Jul 18, 2017 2:20 PM

May 2015
Oh my, and the harem is slowly growing.

Jul 18, 2017 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
This anime makes SAO look like Shakespeare. I mean the MC can make blind people see!

There's a whole lot of vanilla in this series from the art down to the characters. It's enjoyable but shite at the same time.
Jul 18, 2017 3:39 PM

May 2011
THIS MC IS LITERAL JESUS
CURES THE BLIND
WHATS NEXT, HE GONNA TURN WATER INTO WINE?
Jul 18, 2017 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
OP-ness aside I think what truly makes this show terrible is the fact I was able to predict all the key events.

Spot a samurai looking girl surrounded by thugs? Yup the MC and his gang are gonna intervene. (and obviously she's gonna join their party)

He has an ability to take small objects? Yup a panty reference is coming.

Butler is injured but young twin can't heal him because he still has an arrow in him? Yup MC is gonna use his new power to take it out, then he's gonna heal him because OP.

Blond girl crying about her butler? Probably related to royalty or something. (yes anyone can guess she's a noble because of the fancy carriage but c'mon the fact she's related to royalty too?)

Mom's blind. yup MC is gonna use some ability to heal her (I don't even know why he was acting dumb and needed the girls to point out her could help.)

Reward? Shit ton of money and some game-changing advantage for their journey (checkpoint token.)

There's just way too many predictable elements.

I wonder if next ep he's gonna use some of that money to get that white outfit from the Opening.

Also, people, stop comparing this garbage to KonoSuba. Such rudeness. There is nothing funny about it.

This is definitely a feel good show, but I don't think you have to add this many cliches and make it so predictable to achieve that. This is clearly intended for the braindea--ahem I mean it's meant for little thought. Take it as is, don't think deeply about anything.
InugirlzJul 18, 2017 3:50 PM
Jul 18, 2017 3:53 PM
Sep 2011
HAHAHA this ep was so funny as in the story was just so dumb LOL you know the mc could be so op but the way he uses his magic is so lame
Kazuma360Jul 18, 2017 3:56 PM
Jul 18, 2017 3:59 PM

Jan 2016
This is so fuckin bad!

Ofcourse the MC is gonna learn a spell that will allow him to steal panties later on for fanservice sake! In 8 minutes we meet the princess, her butler, the king and his wife. And somehow we're supposed to have sympathy for everything that's happening? Also why did the twins have tears in their eyes and hugging Touya while saying that they knew he could do it?

I also find it disturbing how Touya took down 1 single lizard while everyone else took care of the rest, and still somehow he is the one who apparently saved the princess. Brilliant!

And because of the courage Touya showed by defeating 1 Lizard the samurai girl now want's to join him in his quest! I applaud
Jul 18, 2017 4:49 PM

Dec 2016
I thought it was funny how he brought up stealing stealing girls underwear with the aports spell, I was thinking of Kazuma from KonoSuba when he was mentioning stealing with that spell.

That one more girl added to his harem.

She is a decent samurai though and was very good in battle.

But boy, does she eat a lot.
Jul 18, 2017 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
Everyone else: "Omg, he's gonna die. Wah, wah. We can't save him."
MC: Hold my beer on literally everything.

It's so bad, it's funny. To think it could get worse. What annoys me the most is the animation when they were fighting.
TyrelJul 18, 2017 5:04 PM
Jul 18, 2017 5:19 PM
Jun 2017
Generic and boring.
Mc is op and there are lolis.
Jul 18, 2017 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
Maybe for people who want surprises, plot, interesting character, etc this anime is mediocre, but for people who just want to enjoy laid back enjoyable show, this is good enough. Don't know what were people expecting from this show lol. My advice: better drop it as asap for those people who are not liking it
Jul 18, 2017 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
I happen to love characters who are OP as shit. There's a large audience for series that take it totally over the top. The Medaka Box manga is almost the epitome of this. Unfortunately this series isn't doing anything meaningful or over the top with all of this OP-ness. This series leaves me feeling empty, but at the same time this series isn't really competing against a lot this season so I'll continue watching it anyway.
Jul 18, 2017 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Even though it's absolute generic shit it's watchable and I can enjoy it a little bit because of how chill it always becomes no matter what.
Fight scenes are so boring and short, and it always cuts straight into a fight.
Animation and art are fine.
OST is ok.
Characters are super plain and don't talk highly.
Comedy is and
The scenes in general are so fucking stupid too like their not even trying to be dramatic, that eye-curing scene was so fucking lame seriously.
5/10 as of now.
removed-userJul 18, 2017 5:43 PM
Jul 18, 2017 5:53 PM

Jan 2016
Definitely too fast paced, but still enjoyable
Jul 18, 2017 6:56 PM

Jul 2008
I must keep watching to learn if this will stay so truly terrible.

Completely flat tone the entire time. No laughs, no thrills, no thoughts provoked. Anime for coma patients.
Jul 18, 2017 7:54 PM

Aug 2016
the only thing that comes to mind when watching this anime is
*ahem*
LIGHT NOVEL

but like this episode further proves my point:

• cute magical girls
  • bland protagonist
  • everything good happens to the protagonist
  • it's in another world
  • sentence for a title
  • protagonist is almost too powerful
  • an almost complete lack of any humor other than traditional anime tropes
    *I'm rethinking this it's not "an almost lack of humor" IT HAS NONE WHAT SO EVER*

but hey it's not like I'm mad at it, this series is light and fun to watch. You never know maybe this anime starts off being a normal LIGHT NOVEL anime but ends up breaking those tropes and being really good *probably not* but so far it's an ok series and an ok episode.
It's a series for people who would rather chill and watch a sub par at best anime, ya know to take your mind off things and just enjoy a fast moving story, cute lolis, a semi interesting premise, barely decent fight scenes, and an OP protagonist.
trashlovee666Jul 18, 2017 8:04 PM
live dreams,

make memes,

eat cereal.

Jul 18, 2017 8:19 PM
Jan 2017
Is Touya Jesus? Is that how it works? Hehehe, having said that, it's amazing the amount of problems Touya can solve in a single episode. One would be criticize this kind of protagonist, but wait, think about it: a character with great power who would rather use that great power to help others and bring smiles to their faces is someone we can get behind. Honestly, I'm glad that this Isekai show is playing itself straight, with no hint of irony or deconstruction. I'm huge fan of stories that are hopeful, fun, optimistic and, dare I say it, quirky. I like the direction the series is taking so far.
Jul 18, 2017 8:33 PM

Jun 2014
ZeroAkito said:
What is even more painful is that they didn't even take the time to explain properly how he is able to use that magic because in the novel it is stated:

Wait I thought that part was explained. There was a part where Linze said "apparently Touya can activate most Null Magic as long as he knows the spell name and details about its effects." Isn't that the explanation right there?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 18, 2017 10:50 PM
Apr 2017
So, like, when does he actually use the phone?
Jul 18, 2017 11:03 PM

Sep 2016
i don't know what these other knuckleheads are talking about. i was at the edge of my seat the whole time while watching this episode. i wonder if the people making fun of this show even saw the riveting fight scenes at the beginning. did they not see how badass it was when the samurai girl flung the bad guy over? i mean, i guess i could understand missing it because they only drew 2 frames of "animation" for it but that is no excuse!

the samurai girl is just a fantastic character overall. i gave myself a hernia from laughing so hard when she was shoveling food in her mouth as she talked, as if to extremely transparently announce "I AM THE HUNGRY CHARACTER AND WILL DO THIS EVERY SINGLE TIME I AM ON SCREEN." i relate soooo much to that character because sometimes i eat too :P

also, anyone that doesn't like the fact that MC is basically God in this show must be an edgelord that wanted that old guy to die from an arrow to the knee and want the fang girl's mom to stay blind. i bet they also eat nails for breakfast and laugh at funerals.

i have attached a 7 second long animated .gif of my favorite fight scene from this episode. hope you guys enjoy!

i legitimately lost my shit when they kept playing cheesy music while he cast spells in the cart as well as when he used the "slip" spell.
StoneColdStunnerJul 19, 2017 12:09 AM
Jul 18, 2017 11:15 PM

Dec 2009
I just LOVE this anime, its officially one of my highlights of the week now xD
Touya is so OP it's hilarious, when I saw the dying old guy and the blind wife I immediately thought : No matter, Touya can fix it! LOL

I love how he can use every single type of magic. It's so unrealistic but I love it to bits anyway. Who needs realism when you can have fun watching a lighthearted show anyway! xDD

Watching him do the slip magic on the various enemies was amusing. xD I hope he doesn't do it too often though LOOOL And was anyone else expecting him to "accidentally" 'aport' someone's underwear? It wouldn't really give any satisfaction for me since I'm not in it for the girls LOOL but I was really expecting it to happen!

I really like the new blonde girl xD She's so cheerful and adorable, it's a shame she only appears for half an episode! Next up, they're going back to that other town so we won't see her for quite a few more episodes I suppose.

Oh yes, and to end off this long block of text (yes i love this show that much!), I'm SO HAPPY THEY ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE REWARD MONEY. How many times have I watched a show where they say "oh no! it's alright! just keep the money!" and they go back broke and all day long they're like "oh noes we have no money to eat once again" JUST TAKE THE MONEY... BUY A PALACE OR SOMETHING
Jul 19, 2017 12:20 AM

Sep 2013
2/5

I don't hate this show but I don't like it either. I guess I can use it to pass the time.

I just wanna see how OP Touya can get to be honest. Last episode, he can use all the element magic and has enhanced physical stats. This episode he can use Null Magic which led to saving someone and curing the blind.

By the end of the series, I wanna bet he either becomes a demi-god or king.

I mostly want to keep watching this for lines like "Sorry you can't see her even though you saved my daughter. My wife is blind." I really hope that's a translator error...and if not, I hope there are more stupid lines like that. I lost my shit when I read that.

Jul 19, 2017 12:44 AM

Oct 2016
just watching this show because of harem tag on it.

i think i'll just watch it when the show already complete instead of waiting 1 episode every week.

the MC was boring as fuck. just rate 6/10 because the cute girl and harem tag.
xd
Jul 19, 2017 12:45 AM

Aug 2014
Anhhhhh I need some more action or prolonged fight scenes, good watch to pass the time though
Jul 19, 2017 12:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, a mediocre and a bit too far-paced show so far. Similarly, like the previous episode, the main character just simply too overpowered. Firstly, we had the battle with the Lizardmen and with the mage which was a terrible flunk considering how the mage lost the battle by slipping. Secondly, we had the main character recover the Duke's wife with such a unique skill that only Sushie's grandfather had possessed and very few(I imagine) currently in the show. Not only that, but their execution was seriously lame. Considering elsewhere, Linze's voice is definitely out of character so that will require some time to get used to. However, the episode was a kind of enjoyable nonetheless so I'll just stick around till the end since this show has one of those settings that I really like to see. Initially, I was hoping this show would give off the Re:Zero vibes or something of the sort, but well it can't be helped.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 19, 2017 1:55 AM
Jul 2018
Totally generic action-harem isekai anime with very OP MC, but still enjoyable and good to pass free time. Maybe this anime would be better if MC is chaotic-evil or lawful-evil.
Jul 19, 2017 2:13 AM

Dec 2016
ZeroAkito said:
thebrentinator24 said:

Tasteless jokes aside, that was painfully generic. Healing magic won't work but thankfully MC Jesus-kun has a magic ability that will. The mother is blind but thankfully MC Jesus-kun is the only other person in the world that can use the magic that Sue's grandfather knew that could restore her sight.

What is even more painful is that they didn't even take the time to explain properly how he is able to use that magic because in the novel it is stated:

They did though, it seems either you saw the anime at 1,5x or just forget it...
http://imgur.com/a/Jhfki
HiddenArmyJul 19, 2017 2:23 AM
Jul 19, 2017 2:32 AM

Jan 2015
So Touya found another "Member" for his Harem. And she's a wannabe-samurai girl with a big appetite named Yae. Just having some introduction, eating together and they finally go on a quest together. And on the way, they meet some thugs attacking noble and then saved them. A young Elf Yamada cute-like noble called Sue. It doesn't stop there, because after that Touya also help Sue's mother by curing her mother blindness. And receive some payment of course. :3
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 19, 2017 3:40 AM
Sep 2016
Can you imagine that Touya live in Kazuma's world? i think he will suffer more that kazuma :v
His useless party member and all of his sucks...
I just imagine it...
Jul 19, 2017 4:04 AM
Sep 2015
the reason im watching this is because of the harem. im a simple man.
Jul 19, 2017 5:04 AM

Sep 2013
It's actually pretty cringy with how normal this show is.

We're going to do a thing, but there's a problem, oh if only someone could do something about this. Oh? The MC can? Thanks! Allow me to thank you, you could visit my wife, but there's a problem, oh if only someone could do something about this. Oh? The MC can? Thanks!
Jul 19, 2017 5:21 AM

May 2012
Good episode. Even better than 1st episode

THe anime is so underrated
Jul 19, 2017 7:15 AM

Jun 2013
this nigga is too op
Jul 19, 2017 7:31 AM
Feb 2016
This anime doesn't even attempt to humanize the MC. The guy was just dropped in a new world and just goes with the flow. Past isekai shows like SAO, Log Horizon, Overlord etc, at least, to varying degrees, showed an uncertainty in the MCs about the new world and tried to make them more human. This guy just goes with the flow to an unnatural extent. Most people feel uncertain when they simply move cities and this guy moved into a new world. The smartphone is also even less than a gimmick now. Its just there. I could watch this without thinking if there were some uses to the smartphone but now I'm almost forced to think why the smartphone is just there to look up recipes and take pics. It's lacking the relevance that the title says it has.
Jul 19, 2017 8:26 AM
Jul 2017
So... uuhhh... these were the key points this Episode.

- Elsie snapshots first thing in the Episode... - not bad, not bad.
- Slime Troupe rejected! It really is a shame... That... slight fanservice though... ehehe...
- Oooh. Yae has finally arrived, huh. An Eashen buddy. Great, taking her in like it's nothing. As expected from the Greatest Future Harem King.
- Wait a minute, did he just learn Kazuma's (Pantsu) Steal?! Hell Yeah!
- OOOHHH!!! Here it is!!! The Legendary Slip!
- Damn, wooing each of them at the same time. You never cease to amaze me, Touya.
- You know what... Touya is just too OP. Seriously... Healing Magic... that made Leim's farewell really... Anti-Climactic...
- Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's a Loli! Suu is Here!
- They're all kneeling while Touya be like "Okeh."
- Lol. Google Maps.
- Oh, so that is Duke Alfred's appearance.
- Damn, Suu really looks like her: "The Best Girl".
- Oh, so that is Duchess Ellen's appearance.
- You should just go be a Priest or a Doctor, Touya... GG.
- Ooohhh! Twin Hug Sandwich Technique. GG Touya, GG.
- Wow, they suddenly became filthy bitc- I mean filthy rich! Though in the Novel, they were called "White Gold Coins".
- "I offer myself upon you." Well said Yae (3rd Best Girl). Rakin' in all the Waifus.
- Nice Lindsey ED...

Whole Episode was fun as hell. THOUGH I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT THE BEST GIRL HASN'T APPEARED YET!
Jul 19, 2017 8:30 AM
Jul 2017
thepath said:
Good episode. Even better than 1st episode

THe anime is so underrated

True, true. I freakin' love the LN.
Jul 19, 2017 8:59 AM

Mar 2013
Lmao couldn't get any more generic.

But oh well, as long it ends on a happy note, I'll tag along.
Jul 19, 2017 9:56 AM

Apr 2017
So...MC can use every magic...or most of them...and he gets all the girls...? Dude...
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Jul 19, 2017 10:38 AM

Apr 2017
So he goes to another world with his smartphone. Cool, pretty interesting. But, you know what's not interesting? Generic harem, fantasy world (with magic ofc), and saving people because main character was given OP powers by god. Great!

Not to mention, the MC barely even takes out his phone. So why did he even bring his phone? Maybe to take a pic once in a while? What bullshit of an anime. I'm going to be dropping it. If I see that it somehow miraculously gets better, then I might pick it up later.
Jul 19, 2017 1:06 PM

Nov 2014
That feels so cheap. It's as if 10 years old wrote a story where he is hero and everything conveniently happens at the right time and place for him to show his awesomness.
Seriously, if Tatsuya from Mahouka was Jesus, then who the hell this MC is?

Also, I think it's going far too fast. Action jumps from place to place, a lot of skips. Hopefully it's just for introduction and stuff will get more coherent later on.

Still, it's rather enjoyable to watch. I hope he will stay OP.
Jul 19, 2017 1:49 PM
Sep 2015
Izaya-Hirashi said:

... THOUGH I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT THE BEST GIRL HASN'T APPEARED YET!

You mean the ~600 year old loli or the princess? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 19, 2017 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
I liked this episode, but things are happening way too conveniently for him. He suddenly gets 40 Plat coins which is like 40m Yen split between 4 is still 10m yen. Doesn't feel like he worked much for it.

Its a nice show but too convenient. The MC is nice that hes not openly perverted, makes a change.
I live to make the impossible, possible. - Lightning, FF13

Kindness without strength will make others devour you. Strength without kindness will make you devour yourself. - nightcore34.

If I could choose between knowing absolutely everything in the universe or having one normal apple to eat. I'd choose the apple. For knowing everything, means experiencing nothing. - nightcore34

The worst people are not those who do evil knowing its wrong. It's those who do wrong thinking, believing, they have the right to do so. - nightcore34

None can stand the ticking of the clock. All will fall with the Reapers knock. - nightcore34
Jul 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2014
Ya'll are easy to impress lol

I struggled to get through this episode, like really struggled...
Jul 19, 2017 6:06 PM

Apr 2011
I realize that this is really a lighthearted fantasy harem series. And I like it.

Samurai girl looks a lot like Sakura Shinguji.
Jul 19, 2017 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Two words summarize this anime
"Plot Convenience "

I rather enjoyed the first episode , but the 2nd one is just one plot convenience after the other and i was getting a Konosuba vibe for a while but ended up disappointed .
Example :
Main Protag-kun learns about the ability to steal .. he steals something from the "Nin-Nin" girl that causes her to blush ..
I say to myself " OMG he stole her panties " ,how KONOSUBA of him ..
And then apparently he is decent enough to not do that and stole just her ribbon . But wait . then , just like to mock me ,he mentions that he could steal underwear....
Seriously ?! ....

And it pissed me off how they mention something that is USEFUL in the next 2 minutes.
"He can steal small stuff .. Le wild guy with arrow in his chest they cannot get out appears ! .. what to do i wonder ?! "

And then . the main char can learn unique skills
2 min later "Le wild princess searching for someone that can use a unique skill of her late grandfather" appears ,

Just ...lame
Jul 19, 2017 6:45 PM

Jun 2012
I thought this couldn't get more generic, I guess I was wrong... When they start to narrate what is obviously happening, it's usually a bad sign(girl stops fighting cause she's hungry, other girl says: "Oh no, she stopped moving something must be wrong" well no shit!?). The butler was hit with an arrow, but there wasn't a single archer there *facepalms*
Still as a happy go lucky show, it's still fun to watch.
SnaitaJul 19, 2017 6:49 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

110 by tengo1984 »»
Apr 26, 12:55 AM

» A question for the Light Novel readers regarding his identity

Cyanide86 - Mar 10

2 by Cyanide86 »»
Mar 10, 8:57 AM

» 10/10 from me.. who else? ( 1 2 )

Yui_Suzumiya69 - Apr 26, 2023

65 by AgelessPharaoh »»
Mar 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

238 by DayMan_Official »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:58 PM

Poll: » Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2017

262 by White_Alice »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.